Drumpf BTFO: Carrier speech worst economic speech by American politician since Walter Mondale

cnbc.com/2016/12/01/trumps-carrier-speech-absolutely-chilling-economic-analyst-says.html

>Pethokoukis on Trump: Worst economic speech by American politician Pethokoukis on Trump: Worst economic speech since Mondale

>President-elect Donald Trump's speech about his deal to keep Carrier jobs in the United States was "absolutely the worst speech," economic policy analyst Jimmy Pethokoukis told CNBC on Thursday.

>Trump boasted about his deal to keep about 1,100 Carrier jobs in Indiana, and also took aim at other companies who may be thinking about moving jobs out of the country.

>"Companies are not going to leave the United States anymore without consequences. Not going to happen. It's not going to happen, I'll tell you right now," Trump said on Thursday.

>Pethokoukis, a scholar with the conservative-leaning American Enterprise Institute, called it the worst economic speech since Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale promised to reverse Reaganomics in 1984.

>"The idea that American corporations are going to have to make business decisions, not based on the fact that we've created an ideal environment for economic growth in the United States, but out of fear of punitive actions based on who knows what criteria exactly from a presidential administration. I think that's absolutely chilling," he said in an interview with CNBC's "Closing Bell."

I can't hear you over all these stock prices rising CNBC

Holy shit what a fucking faggot

>(((American Enterprise Institute)))

Do they think we've forgotten who they are?

It was a pretty horrible speech, but Trump made it fairly clear that the main focus would be retaining companies in the by making it a beneficial environment for them. He said lower taxes and repealing non-sense regulations are his immediate goals. He then, said companies that do leave will be penalized. He said "we won't make it easy for them".

Shitty fucking article

Nice

Please don't tell me it says
>worst economic speech buy a politician in decades.
>buy a politician
>buy

Who cares what a cuckservative thinks? The faggot probably thinks that we should just sit around and let the corporations do whatever the fuck they want with no consequences.

Kys

It wasn't a "speech", it was just off the cuff remarks.

the fucking state of journalism these days

do you even still need a degree?

> cant hear you over my steel stock doubling in 2 weeks and my oil stock rising about 20 percent.

get fuckd, peasants, America is being made great again.

>Pethokoukis
Dollars to donuts he is Jewish.

fpbp

/thread

saged.

>scholar

Dollars to donuts he won't be called that much longer

>The sheer audacity of punishing companies that leave their country behind instead of giving them more incentives
Woah I'm now a #Manlet4Randlet

>1 post by this ID

I am getting ready to short this puppy while I unload

Can trump ever win in your world?
>everyone says he won't keep carrier in america
1k jobs are going to be kept here
>HORRIBLE HOW HORRIBLE
my god every single time trump does something you shits say he can't he does it while he is still a president elect.
when he does the thing that everyone says he can't 1 of 2 things will happen
>Move the goal post every time he meets it and sneer at him some more till he meets it again repeat
>or whatever he did was absolutely horrible even if it can be viewed as no way horrible
kys

>Jimmy Pethokoukis
Literally who?

He then provides no reason why it's "chilling"

Kek

this. companies should fear the potus if they pull bullshit and leave our country to be reap the most profits by utilizing slave labor in shithole countries

fuck this guy

>democrats use someone who thinks trickle down is a thing to discredit trump
what a time to be alive

also this is literally what you favourite politican of them all, bernie was planning.

he is crafting a law right now that would punish ousourcingi with extra taxes and hopes to push it through with the help of trump.

so yeah, there's that.

>trump goes up and talks about the sort of impromptu deal
>more of a discussion than a speech
>says generally this is the kind of stuff they'll be working on when he's in office

That wasn't an economic speech it was like a ribbon cutting what a fuck this author is

This is what alarmed me the most

MSM and libcunts are grasping at anything they can. The man just stopped Carrier from sending all their jobs to Mexico yet all they can do is nitpick his speech which was a casual press junket.

>the worst economic speech buy a politician in history
>buy
>check source
>fucking CNBC

Modern journalism is such a joke.

Trump is doing what he promoted. They are shocked he didn't broke his promise, but still he isn't even president yet. It's little too early for all this circus.

>(((Analysts)))

They realize no one listens to them anymore since the election right?

>conservative
>Doesn't want to use the older traditional method of taxation (EX: Tariffs)

Doesn't seem like much of a conservative DESU

I am absolutely... chilling right now guys... holy shit...

>jimmy pethokoukis
>pethokoukis
Getting economic advice from a Greek wop. Sure mate.

>without consequences

like getting free money for just mentioning it

swamp = drained my friends

And Putin declaring he wants peace with USA.

The """"greatest negotiator in the world"""" couldn't even get them to keep half the jobs in the country after throwing millions of dollars at them, and now every company that wants some sweet tax breaks is going to imitate Carrier. Fantastic job, Trump, you loser.

This. I'm literally shaking right now and my 8 year old just told me she prefers black men.

fpbp

>"Companies are not going to leave the United States anymore without consequences. Not going to happen. It's not going to happen, I'll tell you right now,"

This part especially is great. What consequences are they suffering from, paying less in taxes while still moving jobs out of the country? I'm sure they're real sad about that. Trump is a moron.

this is what gets me

there were no consequences, they got everything at our expense

The fuck does a Greek know about economics?

>fake news source
>no archive link
kys

This.

They are just butthurt because Trump is makign Romney bend the knee and isn't going to give him the Sec of State position. This new rounds of "conservatives" bashing Trump these last couple of days is no doubt a "warning" coming from Romney's handlers.

Gosh you guys, you guys in your basements, I have been a Trump supporter since he went on Alex Jones, but now that Jiminy Pleistocene of the American Lobbyists' Bullpen has criticized a speech Trump gave after getting Carrier to stay in the US, I can no longer vote for him.

They have to forget who they are, otherwise their whole world view would fall apart.

BAHAHAHA Drumpf is wrekt!!

"Hey guys i know what will make america great again! MORE BRIBES, JUST LIKE CLINTON WOULD DO!!"

But I bet you praised Obama when he bailed out big banks and gave half a billion dollars to Saudia Arabia for no fucking reason.

I unironically trust anonymous NEETS on economic issues than graduated top-of-the-class experts

I am get

praise kek

Oh wow, I'm a #CruzMissile now.

>The idea that American corporations are going to have to make business decisions, not based on the fact that we've created an ideal environment for economic growth in the United States, but out of fear of punitive actions based on who knows what criteria exactly from a presidential administration. I think that's absolutely chilling

Boo fucking hoo.

Ya, because inflating the stock market more is a real good idea... divert money away from investments in real new fixed-capital formation towards just more paper speculation

>someone did something bad
>that means my special snowflake who did the same thing isn't bad

smart

I do too.
I don't care if they are experts. I guess some of them are alright. But being a talking mouth of the lungenpress immediately discredits them.

It was all over since 2008, but Trump's gonna get the blame when the house of shit collapses

haha fuckers

somebody explain to me what happened

It wasn't even a speech, he just showed up and talked to some slobs whose jobs he just pulled out of the gutter.

cuckservatives.txt

>his comments scared me, so it was bad
Wew lad

Giving away free money vs saving jobs is the same thing. Am I being trolled?

>muh libergtarian principles

only liberals could be upset that 1,000 American jobs were saved.

tfw i've made $2000 usd in stock appreciation these last 3 weeks

>make threat to leave
>get 7 million dollars at tax payer's expense
>still get rid of over half your work force

truly a negotiation for the ages

This really illustrates the disdain that these think tanks have for the American worker. Such a big win, there were people crying on the plant floor and celebrating. Be prepared to see every win try to be dragged down. This is just the way it will be.

*globalist scum
The thought of putting America first terrifies these people

you do realize that these tax schemes are exactly what fucked the american worker in the first place right

those jobs will be gone before he's even sworn in

Weird, I thought he's not going to be sworn in at all.

Fucking this. Liberals perfectly okay with throwing cash at big banks and Isis. But are mad because trump cut taxes for a company to save jobs.

Just so we're clear:

>"The idea that American corporations are going to have to make business decisions, not based on the fact that we've created an ideal environment for economic growth in the United States, but out of fear of punitive actions based on who knows what criteria exactly from a presidential administration"

is "chilling"

Whereas

>"The idea that American workers are going to have to make life decisions, not based on the fact that we've created an ideal environment for economic growth in the United States, but out of fear of punitive actions based on who knows what criteria exactly from a corporation.

is "not chilling"

>the president isn't gonna let us walk all over him and l'm scared
Globalist super billionaire fucks should be shitting their pants for the next 8 years

I mean seriously he goes on say to "punitive actions" but that's not what he is saying AT fucking all. He is going to cut regulations and lower taxes. This guy is a fucking asshole that is purposefully spreading fake news.

Ok smart ass. Explain to me how an American worker bailed out by Trump, who will spend his earnings here in the US is worse than a mexican who took his job and never visits the US.
Please fucking enlighten this blue colar worker here. A worker who has first hand experience in fighting for his job as his owner hires more mexicans with visas.

Protip: your junior college ass cant

so if i incorporate and start paying my wife to take care of the kids, how much could i get trump to give me when i threaten to outsource my wife's job to mexico?

>this is the worst speech I ever heard
>damn you trump

The state government negotiated the "tax scheme" to keep them and I assume it works to their benefit.

The reason the American worker has been fucked is usually due to companies being able to keep the upside of being an American company and the upside of doing most of their manufacturing/work outside the country. Not at all the same.

>(((((MSM)))))

Nah, they're perfectly okay with giving big money to governments who only misappropriated and blame the rich the economic issues.

The frount of the NYTimes would be running pro-Hillary "greatest deal ever made". If she gave a company a tax deal to save a few American jobs.
It would be wall to wall coverage
But that wouldnt happen.
Instead, it would be how shes gonna tear down those evil borders and let Julio come in with his 10 kids and vote democrat for the next 50 years.
Meanwhile, corporations make bank off of exploiting his Mexican ass.

so your employer actively threatens you and you stay there then want to fault others for your problems?

that mexican carrier plant is still getting built and there was 1200 jobs that are still going there

its exactly the same

FFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFF FFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFF

>Whorrafag
>Having any credibility for anything whatsoever
lmaoing @ ur life 2bh

>Pethokoukis on Trump

literally who

>that's absolutely chilling

stay scared globalists

I could have sworn the original plan was to punish companies who moved their jobs, not reward companies for not moving all of their jobs.

This isn't a great deal, or a win. It's a huge fucking compromise. Trump was supposed to put his foot down. So far he's shaping up to be a bit of a cuck.

Your argument sounds like its useless and the American worker should kill himself. It took one phone call for Trump to save 1100 jobs before hes even in the white house. Obama never picked up the phone to save a single job.

SAYS WHO?
A
Y
S

W
H
O
?

The jobs are literally staying in the country.

What's it like being on the losing team?

>worst economic speech buy a politician in decades
>buy

I know this is just Australian shit posting but here's your reply.

>"Keeping jobs in America is bad goyim!"

>"CNBC is owned by a multi national conglomerate that benefits from globalism! Stop interfering with our plans you inferior goyim!!!"

>"Filthy, sub human goyim! We want to send your jobs overseas so we camp lay out slaves less money!! Stop resisting us!!"

>paying less tax is a loss to "us".

Okay shlomo

They are stuck with right-wing economics business-as-usual stuff that fell for the GDP Growth meme.

On paper, free trade grows GDP, therefore it is gewd.

Bumpyruni.

Don't come here.

yup, he got completely taken advantage of it and its hysterical watching these idiots defend it, all it takes now is for the mere threat of moving jobs and he'll give them a kings ransom

>>"The idea that American corporations are going to have to make business decisions, not based on the fact that we've created an ideal environment for economic growth in the United States, but out of fear of punitive actions based on who knows what criteria exactly from a presidential administration. I think that's absolutely chilling," he said in an interview with CNBC's "Closing Bell."

For some sort of expert trotted out in front of a camera by a 24x7 news channel this guy is particularly retarded.

Is the concept of actual consequence to decisions so alien to the business world that they just cannot comprehend them?

Export US jobs and pay more to import your goods here. Fuck you.

All you keep saying it "it was the worst! It was the worst!"

What makes it a bad speech?

More to the point why are you criticizing a SPPECH

>Globalism
>benefiting billionaires
Its not worth my time explaining to you how businesses use cheap labor to gain massive profits. This is why our country is over run with Somalis, Poos, mexicans.
Its all at the expense of our future.
America will become the hell hole they fled, when you flood this country with them

What do you think happened to the trillion dollars pulled out of bonds the day trump won? It went on the stock market

You are literally babbling and making no sense.

>TRUMP SAID HE WOULD PUNISH COMPANIES IF THEY MOVED JOBS OFFSHORE

They...didn't...move...the...jobs...offshore...

So what is he meant to be punishing them for?

Goddamn, you are a gigantic fucking moron who can't even make a coherent post.

>Trump was supposed to put his foot down

So he's meant to...punish companies...for...doing...what he asks?

Please, help me here shill, try and clarify your position, because right now it sounds like you're just stating contradictions over and over.

>some jew whining that he and his jew cohorts might not be able to scam the American people for quite as much shekels anymore.

oh not that.

>SAYS WHO?

|
|>
|
|

This.

He should just let them ship jobs overseas and not do anything about it. That will teach them a lesson.

Fucking hell moron, try reading your posts through once or twice before posting.