Legitimate arguments for/against Homosexuality

Okay over the last week I've seen a lot of threads started on the topic of homosexuality. They offer arguments along the lines of:

>Homosexuality is natural
>Something about overpopulation
>AIDS statistics

Now obviously they're all easily refutable, but I want to discuss some LEGITIMATE arguments that are used by liberals in support of homosexuality that aren't memes and ways in which to thoroughly refute them.

Please try and refrain from a "I don't like X so X is wrong" mindset because then when arguing IRL you look like an idiot.

>reclaimtherainbow.jpg

yeah I'm kinda jaded about the connotation that a rainbow has nowadays, can't even admire one without people thinking you're gay

bump

although not an argument or anything but my honest opinion on the matter is:

I think homosexuality is biologically wrong and 100% abnormal, if you're gay then clearly there is something wrong with you're 'wiring' and it most certainly should NOT be promoted, flaunted and paraded as something to be proud of (fucking hubris right?). With that being said however, I don't have problems with gay people, if they want to do all that obnoxious shit, fine by me, Im accepting of them, i'd be friends with them and i'd certainly defend them etc because at the end of the day a lot of people have things 'wrong' with them, colourblindness, disability etc etc, theyre still members of society.

Whilst I'm of the opinion that it is a tragic thing to be and feel sorry for them, I also think its good given that they can't procreate and thus aren't continuing the human race, which needs to die out already.

American Family Values

Yeah but those set of values were sculpted and evolved over time to best benefit and ensure the wellbeing of a nuclear-family. Since the nuclear family is rapidly becoming a thing of the past why should people adhere to olden day values of not 'cussing around parents, not rooting strangers under their parents roof etc etc'

I don't see why its a problem. Being gay doesn't necessitate degeneracy. if you're arguing about for race preservation its a shitty argument as a small minority is gay

I want to get a comprehensive list of typical arguments used FOR by liberals

bump

One could argue it is a purely carnal and degenerate form of sex. On the other hand women do a lot of bullshit.

If it weren't for my lineage and fear of STD's....

>legitimate arguments

So who decides if an argument is legitimate or not? You? Because according to all research, gay people are more likely to be emotional and illogical.

Maybe you should let smart people decide whether or not your hobby is good for you. ;)

yeah exactly. Obviously sex IS designed for reproductive purposes, no if ands or buts. But it would be foolish and virginal to claim that sex should only be for reproduction and nothing else. So the same arguments against gay sex would be used against heteros doing oral etc etc.

>If it weren't for my lineage and fear of STD's....
what user.... what would you do?

>ass fucking your way to an early grave...that flag should be brown.

I think fags are natural because we have accounts of faggotry all the way back to the beginning of history

Gays don't hurt anyone so why should you limit their ability to get married/be recognized by the state?

I don't know if this is an argument or something else but it's an "answer" I often get when arguing liberal / gay friends.
I'm one for ethics and principles but it's hard for me to give them an answer.

True.... I'm not big on religion but you could argue that its a religious institution not in the states domain etc. but of course that argument degenerates into "na uh i can't hear you nananan" hand over ears type shit within seconds of saying it

I'm not a liberal, but I am gay. My opinion is this:

>being gay is not a choice

>homosexuality occurs in literally hundreds of animal species; for example, since giraffes have such a long gestation period, males express homosexual tendencies as a way of releasing sexual desire and asserting dominance.

>being proud or ashamed of something that is out of your control is wrong.

I would like to discuss further, OP.

Marriage is a recognized institution even outside of religious context. Gays simply can't get married in church but they can get recognized in other ways.
One could argue that marriage main purpose is to look after children born from a married couple and since gays can't have children they shouldn't need to get married but there are other benefits to getting your union formalized by the state.

Faggotry serves to prevent effeminate males and masculine females from reproducing. Basically it's nature's way of fixing its mistakes.

>I think homosexuality is biologically wrong and 100% abnormal
^^^^^^^^^^^^This

If you think the state should dictate what people do in privacy then you hate FREEDOMâ„¢.

i dont care what people do with their dicks or pussies, i don't have a huge stick up my ass