Who are the best Christian apologist philosophers. I'm tryna get bread-pilled here

Who are the best Christian apologist philosophers. I'm tryna get bread-pilled here.

>inb4 cs lewis
I'm talking real philosophers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/quTXwTjgfc0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Clark
youtube.com/watch?v=QLQzTOi4k-M
youtube.com/watch?v=f_vO6H-iIvM
christianbook.com/people-christian-should-learning-spiritual-giants/warren-wiersbe/9780801015427/pd/015427?event=ESRCG|M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

St. Thomas Aquinas, by far.

The guy that cut his penis off. Or the one who WOULD have died a martyr like all his comrades BUT his mother hid his clothes.

You just posted him. Also St. Augustine.

But you're talking about apologists too. I can recommend you G. K. Chesterton, Thomas Kempis, Giovanni Papini, Josef Pieper, Étienne Gilson, Werner Jaeger and Fr. Antonio Royo Marín.

C.S. Lewis was a real philosopher. He was highly specific in his essays like "The Poison of Subjectivism", "Funeral for the Great Myth", "Die fuetile" and several of his essays and responses to atheists are brilliant. If you're just thinking of "Mere Christianity" and "Miracles" are all he's written, or how he writes everything, your stupid. His academic apologetics are the greatest, and what's more he was alive to see the beggining of a lot of the things we see now. "Christian Reflections" and "God in the Dock" are just a few of his books that are essay anthologies.

But since you seem to be a little stuck up faggot, Seneca was brilliant and George MacDonalds "unspoken sermons" is incredible and will change your life. I tend to read Plato and Aristotles through a Christian lends even though they were before the revelation of Christ.

Which one?

Origen is rumored to have castrated himself, but those rumors are unsubstantiated.

Origen is a based heretic, though.

All the founding fathers of Christianity were declared heretics. Every single one of them. Pretty ironic isn't it?

Thanks i'll check those out.

youtu.be/quTXwTjgfc0

Origen wasn't heretic. And yes, he castrated himself. The only teaching condemned by the Chuch of Origen was the 'Apocatastasis'.

Fuck yeah St Augustine. He told of going to Africa and ministering to headless people and that their faces were located on their stomachs. He also wisely advised others to not lie as much on behalf of the faith, even though it was well intentioned.

athanasius, augustine, calvin, turretin, jonathan edwards, charles hodge, justin martyr. pretty endless list bro.

the only?? what about preexistence? origen ws condemned by the church. OP should read the dialogue with trypho by justin martyr

Calvin, Turretin, Edwards and Hodge were Protestant heretics. The rest is fine.

Origen was never formally condemned as a heretic during his life.

He died a heroic death (not exactly martyrdom, but close to it.)

His "errors" must be interpreted in the light of two facts:

a. The influence of his cultural background, especially Platonic and neo-Platonic philosophy.
b. The fact that Origen never really insisted on, or formally taught, any systematic theology of universalism or apokatastasis. He did put it forward as a strong possibility, but with several reservations. It was his followers who went overboard with it; moreover, others (Maximus the Confessor and St. Gregory of Nyssa, IIRC) also speculated on apokatastasis but ended up saints rather than heretics.

Origen was declared a heretic. They all were. Some one finally said, "Hey, we have declared every single founder of the church a heretic. Might this not turn out to be a problem down the road?"
So they rehabilitated most of them.

read Gordon Clark

I read his book A Christian View of Men and Things the summer before starting college, helped me see through left-wing philosophical bullshit early on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Clark

Also RC Sproul, though he's not really a philosopher per se, but takes a more rationalist approach than most popular ministers

>calvin

Absolutely heretical.

Is Girard ok?

Christianity is ridiculed here and people are getting less and less religious. It is all a meme.

Is is hard to keep chastity in oversexualized culture, and if you turn your cheek you get fucked too. Meek won't inherit the earth, they will go extinct.

Poor, overworked, fooled and ridiculed am I a an example causing a mimetic desire? No, I am a fool.

The cross is a sign of shame. And following Jesus leads you to Golgotha. That is all you need to know about Christianity.

If you want to do Aquinas, do a summary and not the actual Summa. Way too fucking intense for people who are just starting out.

If you look at Augustine (my own confirmation name 3bh), it'd be better to start with the Confessions rather than City of God. Hell, maybe even start with the Enchiridion.

For more contemporary stuff, look at Chesterton and Leibniz.

>20 posts
>no based Dr. William Lane Craig, PhD

kys

You're Polish. Keep it Catholic.

lol some atheist punk getting owned at my alma mater. The only thing I feel proud about with going to that shithole.

youtube.com/watch?v=f_vO6H-iIvM

Catholics are cucks.
t. former Catholic

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Clark
Based Craig. He BTFO of bart ehrman as well

You are kidding right? That guy is literally the most retarded Christian apologist I have ever seen, with the exception of Kent Hovind

Luther and Calvin is all you need

You. Me. St Paul. Peter. Christ. John the Baptist. No Aquinas'. No Platos. Maybe Diogenes

Yeah yeah
Frigg off soon to be leaf

FPBP.

St. Augustine is pretty fucking great.

>I base my religious beliefs on my sexual obsession with black people.

Ok, Aussie.

faith is making us inefficient

but they want to make us efficient, so they remove faith

I am ashamed of myself and of my country, if it exists at all (a Polish ministry said in private it morally does not)

>Who are the best Christian apologist philosophers
A study of history, mainly. Most of the arguments brought up against Christianity are just cliches from the 18th century and from Hollywood movies.

L2history and all will become clear.

Listen please. We all have common law. Most countries have Roman law. There is God's natural law. Only God interprets natural law. The job of common law is to try and interpret natural law. We will always fail at that. However. Outside of God's Law there is the Roman law compromise. After the Hebrews took up the swords with which they were never freed from Egypt. (The ones probably from the dead soldiers in the Red Sea) was when they turned to Moses to do all the statutory stuff. Aquinas doesn't know what he's talking about

The "Reformation" was one of the biggest victories of the Jews against Roman Catholicism.

I'm related to one of them. I've been meaning to pick this up while it's on sale.

They also have 50 Christians you should know... but I believe these 10 are the apologists, and thus book may lead you to reading more on the ones you like.

christianbook.com/people-christian-should-learning-spiritual-giants/warren-wiersbe/9780801015427/pd/015427?event=ESRCG|M

>Sooo evil
I'm sure you'd prefer to hear your services in Latin after you gave half your earnings to the C*thlic "church" to have your sins forgiven

Juan Donoso Cortes

bump