According to one of the co-authors on the study Elisabeth Jorandby, M.D...

>According to one of the co-authors on the study Elisabeth Jorandby, M.D., “As a physician who routinely sees marijuana users, what struck me was not only the global reduction in blood flow in the marijuana users brains , but that the hippocampus was the most affected region due to its role in memory and Alzheimer’s disease. Our research has proven that marijuana users have lower cerebral blood flow than non-users. Second, the most predictive region separating these two groups is low blood flow in the hippocampus on concentration brain SPECT imaging. This work suggests that marijuana use has damaging influences in the brain – particularly regions important in memory and learning and known to be affected by Alzheimer’s.”

>According to Daniel Amen, M.D., Founder ofAmen Clinics, “Our research demonstrates that marijuana can have significant negative effects on brain function. The media has given the general impression that marijuana is a safe recreational drug, this research directly challenges that notion. In another newstudyjust released, researchers showed that marijuana use tripled the risk of psychosis. Caution is clearly in order."

j-alz.com/content/new-study-shows-marijuana-users-have-low-blood-flow-brain

Degenerates BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12901774
content.iospress.com/articles/journal-of-alzheimers-disease/jad160833
sci-hub.cc/10.3233/JAD-160833
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mrm.20023/pdf
quackwatch.org/06ResearchProjects/amen.html
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/mp060066m
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/sj.bjp.0707446/full
alzheimers.net/6-15-15-effects-of-medical-marijuana-on-alzheimers/
alchimiaweb.com/blogfr/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Potential-Therapeutic-Effects-of-THC-on-Alzheimer-s-Disease.pdf
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/311347.php
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bph.12492/full
nature.com/articles/npjamd201612
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only plant a man should smoke

At least tobacco improves your memory and staves off Alzheimer's.

I agree, disregarding the negative effects which are only really a problem if you use it in excess, tobacco is pretty great. You can buy it anywhere, smoke it anywhere, smoke it and drive a car/ be productive/ operate machinery.

I think it's common knowledge to not smoke pot when you're still developing. mentally wise that is.

later 20's and over is fine but anything before than makes you retarded

post the full paper, user

More Wrinkles = More Surface Area = More Brain

Wow I didn't realize the brain was rainbow colored

I guarantee you their brains were like that before they smoked marijuana

This is Tobaco all over again.

This.

Heh

I think we already know marijuana is bad for developing brains. It's the same for alcohol, it fucks up your development if you start drinking early.

It doesn't do anything once your brain has developed fully around 21, when it's legal to consume.

ya lazy, son? Too much reefer? Read the link, and the DOI is there too.

>Damage control

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12901774

It doesn't even finish developing at 21. Try 25 or later.

>Wow I didn't realize the brain was rainbow colored

Like a tie dyed shirt.

4CiD iz gr00vY

anything in excess is bad 4 u m8

If they're a daily marijuana user at age 18, they've used a lot more drugs than marijuana, even if they won't tell you.

What about studies researching health influence of anal sex?

Smoking every now and then doesn't make you dumber and people who believe that are quite retarded. 'smoke everyday/all day people' were retarded before they started smoking.

Alcohol is consumed much more in our societies and it's already proven to give you permanent neurological damage, so worry about that.

That is pretty unhealthy too m8

On topic: Smoking. There is no safe way, just the fact that you smoke anything is already a downgrade 4 your healt lads. Just do it with moderation

So marijuana, smoking in general, anal sex, gay sex, and fatties should be banned. There are literally zero logical arguments against that.

>[Of their comprehensive search of studies on marijuana's effects,] few studies on the non-acute neurocognitive effects of cannabis meet current research standards
>2003

Not exactly a convincing study.

content.iospress.com/articles/journal-of-alzheimers-disease/jad160833

and free version.

sci-hub.cc/10.3233/JAD-160833

damn straight

>daily user

there's the problem m8, the kid was probably high when he took the scan. if anything thisisyourbrainonweed.mpeg

Caaaaaaanceeeeeeeeeerr

You don't understand man. Pot cures like cancer and like makes you smarter man. You are probably just jealous of pot smokers, loser.

So, marijuana reduces blood pressure and perfusion decreases. Is this really that significant?

Anyway, here is a paper relevant to this study.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mrm.20023/pdf

You're a stupid fucking person and should die.
Also digits.

damn pot gives you holes in your brain?

>absolutely disgusting.png

Oh look, another right wing reject who thinks there's nothing wrong with heroin cocaine or alcohol but chimps out over DUDE MARIJUANA LMAO.

Fuck off shill.

yall should see what anti-psychotics do to brains

and that's why you don't smoke everyday

Weed smokers are like niggers, most of them are bad and will argue you blue in the face that they are not and that it is YOU who are wrong.

Source: I was the sole non-smoker in a group of stoners. All of them bar one guy are addicted, act retarded on it, have actually become more stupid and get agitated if they can't get smoke - one guy can't sleep without it, another literally couldn't muster the energy to fuck his gf so she wanted to sleep with me complaining that he was useless at sex and had no drive and here's the clincher: he knew about it and DIDINT CARE!

It's not a good thing to smoke all day, it fries your head. In regards to one guy I know who is cool, he smokes once a day or every few days an has one maybe two joints, chills with a cup if tea and watches a movie, he never wastes money in it and it lasts him a long time. THAT is good smoking...it's just rare.

>it's another "un-replicatable study by think tank with a funding bias" thread

Nice assumptions, buddy. For the record, they're all worse than weed, but that doesn't make weed a good thing. Stay assblasted, junkie.

>"healthy"
>"age 18. DAILY USER"

Ok thanks for nothing OP. Your information is entirely founded in nothingness and the test itself poses no significant results regarding recovering or long term effects. This is just a bunch of hypothetical bull.

>hurrdurrble junkie

Shut the fuck up statist.
Go back to slurping your boyfriend's cock since that's what you are obviously addicted to you piece of shit.
Marijuana's getting legal and there's nothing you faggots can do but cry.

wew, my kanacken buddies were right when they said they felt a lot dumber after smoking pot for a time and I should never start smoking

Methodology is in the paper, buddy. It's not un-replicable. Don't be an idiot.
>Hypothetical bull
Dude, what? Go read the paper.
Damn, really triggered you, ya junkie ;)

doesn't need a scientific study to notice regular marijuana users are slow as fuck

i earn 100k and smoke pot every every every day, job earned through hard work, kicked out of house from divorced parents. you gonna say yeah very likely, but i won't reply from my 4k 50 inch television from my owned apartment building and being under 27 got better things to do. later straight edges, hows ur b. balance

Yeah so you can remember how much it fucking sucks to have emphasema and cancer and a fucking hole in your throat. Besides tobacco only increases memory because of an increase of dopamine which can be accomplished in much healthier ways.

so you want to ban anal sex and gay sex?
by that do you mean you want to ban oral sex?

I smoked every other week like once or twice for about 6 months then I stopped because the novelty wore off. I can't imagine people integrating this in their life style and go full smoke weed everyday.

>researchers showed that marijuana use tripled the risk of psychosis

Finally some more research done on this. This is the biggest danger of marijuana.

This

That picture of the brain is so fucking retarded. A brain isn't smooth like that I would be worried if you Brain looked like that. Then comparing the supposed "messed" up brain to the Norma Brain just makes no sense

t. Marlboro McLuckystrike
Fuck off, tobacco jew. I got rid of you for good.
truth spoken, by civilized europeans nonetheless. The nicotine jew is hard to get over.

They're looking more at the blood flow, buddy. They don't need to "accurately represent" what the brain looks like on a surface level if they're just looking at blood flow.

>psychosis
Are you stupid? Psychosis is the goal for most people when smoking cannabis. Psychosis is the scary medical term for being high af

If I want to make myself retarded then I can. As long as I'm not making anyone else retarded it's my right to do whatever I want. The government isn't my mom they should ban things that I choose to do that only harm me. There is you argument.

>tobacoo is good
>procedes to smoke refined tobacoo with chemical additives

I TOTALLY DIDN'T FALL FOR THE CHEMICAL DEPENDENCE MEME GUYS !1!1! LOL STONERS ARE DUMB

Protip: literally everything "changes the structure of your brain"

Oh gee you're right. Better ban it while upping the dose of anti-depressants which does the exact same fucking shit.

I smoked some strong weed a couple of weeks ago.
Ive always been high anxiety but i had the worst panic attack of my life, thought i was having a heart attack. These panics attacks have continued for 2 weeks straight and its freaking me out, never had it this severely. Needless to say, fuck the green jew.

Theres people who smoke every fukin day, post those shtty pics on instagram, and think there hot sht, then wonder why thy ended up like there parents, dont get me wrong nothing wrong with smoking here n there but like u said the novelty wears off pretty quick n it soon vecomes childish, evrything my friends ask me why i dont smoke i just want to respond with "because i make 100k a year withoht a degree, while ur still paying ur debt in a 60k a year job" but whtever

Do you get the same benefits from vaping?

I got a friend who needs to smoke everyday or else he is unhappy and grumpy.
He smokes Evert 20 minutes compulsively and goes to bed as soon as he runs out. He can't be awake and sober at the same time.

Kind of look forward to seeing how far he goes in life.

Thats anxiety attack, not psychosis.

But then, reality struck our poor britbong

>27 year old college drop out
>lives with dad
>is using a laptop from 2007 with a gigantic crack in the screen
>NEET loser, peaked in high school
>smokes weed every day

Just get nicotine gum

a n e c d o t e
n
e
c
d
o
t
e

Being so weak willed that you get addicted, how can you have so little self control that you can't stop buying and smoking cigarettes at you own will.

Try to avoid flavors but yes you do

I know, but ive never had panic attacks like this in my whole life. The first time was when i smoked this weed, and theyve been continuing. That shit triggered some latent anxiety disorder in me i swear.

i stopped 3 years ago, havent smoked since.

so what have we learned eh? pot doesn't make people weak, the weak people make pot look bad: you all act like this is a powerful drug when it isn't in the slightest. you are just using examples of weak characters, no wonder ur all fucking hopeless u say what u see like children

Well that makes it ever more stupid. Why would you show lack of blood flow by making the brain rougher. Then there is holes in the motor cortex? But it doesn't mention that it effects the motor cortex. Plus why are they making the argument that is effects the hippocampus when they don't even show the hippocampus in this example.

it seems pretty obvious that being in an altered mental state literally every waking hour would be bad for you, but there's a lot of people that do do that, they just smoke constantly whenever they have a bag. nothing wrong with smoking at the end of the day before bed or whatever, but that's a lot different i feel.

At the very least these things should not be openly encouraged nor accepted in society.

im successful. are you, the one shitposting, i wonder.

For a second I only looked at the image and thought it was for computer use

Would explain a lot about this board

Just FYI, Amen Clinics, founded by the publisher of this study, is pure snake oil.

quackwatch.org/06ResearchProjects/amen.html

This is likely sensationalist faux research designed to manufacture relevance and credibility for amen clinics. Total garbage otherwise, like their "health" services.

It's a sample picture. The paper has more accompanying photos. They're not showing lack of blood flow by making it rougher, what? They don't need to simulate brain folds to give a general direction of blood flow. A lot of different kinds of scans are like this too. Not just the research project's software's scan.

cheers, hope in america yet. now time to watch canadian's dragon's den and nick all the ideas. peace

>The most common comorbidities in in the cannabis use group were i) attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (62%); ii) traumatic brain injury (TBI) (47%); iii) and major depressive disorder (35%).
>This resulted in 436 marijuana users compared to 92 controls. A different machine learning algorithm, support vector machine (SVM) was applied
>still use subjects with pre existing brain damage to report results
really makes you think

I've been thinking about starting to vape, or uhhh 'e-cig'. You wouldn't happen to have any recommendations, would you?

>work for a company dealing with quantum theory
>literally every one of us smokes weed

as long as you keep using your brain you will be fine.

dont smoke weed and play video games
smoke weed and learn a new skill

and also dont smoke before 21 while your brain is still developing, preferably you should wait until you're 25.

i started at 20, but meh, lifes been good and i make good money doing what i love.

I haven't smoked in a month, it wasn't a deliberate choice, I just haven't smoked because I don't have a need to, sometimes I smoke 10 cigarettes a day, sometimes I smoke none, just depends on my mood and how bored I am.

I don't think nicotine addiction is so bad, some people are just very sensitive too it.

I've never vaped, but I've seen on a friends the fluid contains 24mg of nicotine, the cigarettes I smoke have 1.2mg of nicotine per cigarette so the fluid is like a pack, I don't know how you know when to stop smoking it though, with a cigarette you're done when its done, but how do you know when the time is up with a vapo.

I've been high every waking minuet for the past 6 months and 3 weeks from those oil carts. Don't be like me, I'm a loser.

I was just going to post this. The guy's a self-help guru. It's called fucking "Amen Clinics." I wouldn't trust this source over the peer-reviewed studies that have shown the brain is not at all permanently affected by use.

I started smoking a bunch when I was 16. I barely scraped through high school despite being an a+ student prior to my habit. Every day use demotivates me and makes me foggy. I still occasionally smoke instead of drinking and it makes life so much better. Keyword: moderation. You don't wake up and drink 4 beers, that's considered unhealthy. So why is wake and baking normalized? Why is it cool to smoke every day? It's not. It's the green Jew. There's a reason no one pushes for that shit except the left.

ive smoked for 8 years, i tried to quit 3 times with no success, the 4th time i just cut the crap for good, promised to never return to it. 10-20 cigs a day.
You say exactly what my other smoking friends say -ooh i can quit at any time - and when the nicotine addiction kicks in they are back on the hook. Fuck that. Never again!

Alzheimer's disease is the leading cause of dementia among the elderly, and with the ever-increasing size of this population, cases of Alzheimer's disease are expected to triple over the next 50 years. Consequently, the development of treatments that slow or halt the disease progression have become imperative to both improve the quality of life for patients and reduce the health care costs attributable to Alzheimer's disease. Here, we demonstrate that the active component of marijuana, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), competitively inhibits the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE) as well as prevents AChE-induced amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) aggregation, the key pathological marker of Alzheimer's disease. Computational modeling of the THC−AChE interaction revealed that THC binds in the peripheral anionic site of AChE, the critical region involved in amyloidgenesis. Compared to currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, THC is a considerably superior inhibitor of Aβ aggregation, and this study provides a previously unrecognized molecular mechanism through which cannabinoid molecules may directly impact the progression of this debilitating disease.
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/mp060066m

Nixon tried to warn us.

Thats bullshit, have been a daily smoker since 15(now 30). Didn't start with hard drugs till i was 22. Went cold turkey on hard drugs on april.

Cannabis is shit though, those claiming it doesn't make you addicted are lying. Try go 1 year without after been smoking everyday for over 2 years..

All drugs are bad if used regular.

Eat healthy, and workout. Stay strong. Only way to go

having bad posture while sitting at a computer has similar effects.

What do you do?

>You don't wake up and drink 4 beers
speak for yourself commie

Itt: unsuccessuful shitposters still trying to find scapegoats, and an escape to their own failure.

In recent years the proclivity of cannabinoids to exert a neuroprotective influence has received substantial interest as a means to mitigate the symptoms of neurodegenerative conditions. In brains obtained from Alzheimer's patients alterations in components of the cannabinoid system have been reported, suggesting that the cannabinoid system either contributes to, or is altered by, the pathophysiology of the disease. Certain cannabinoids can protect neurons from the deleterious effects of β-amyloid and are capable of reducing tau phosphorylation. The propensity of cannabinoids to reduce β-amyloid-evoked oxidative stress and neurodegeneration, whilst stimulating neurotrophin expression neurogenesis, are interesting properties that may be beneficial in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol can also inhibit acetylcholinesterase activity and limit amyloidogenesis which may improve cholinergic transmission and delay disease progression.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/sj.bjp.0707446/full

remember to have fun on this whirling boulder hurtling past gargantuan balls of fire...

>Methodology is in the paper, buddy. It's not un-replicable. Don't be an idiot.
Speak for yourself. This thread is an experiment in confirmation bias based on dubious science found in single studies that have not been replicated anywhere else.

The vast majority of research, including research published by this same Alzheimer's journal, show's the exact opposite of this. They also, coincidentally, happen to not disregard whole swathes of study on Alzheimer's having to do with Amyloid Plaques, which cannabinoids have been shown for years to help protect against and prevent.

Here's 5 examples, all published within the last 2 years. #2 was published by the same journal.
alzheimers.net/6-15-15-effects-of-medical-marijuana-on-alzheimers/
alchimiaweb.com/blogfr/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Potential-Therapeutic-Effects-of-THC-on-Alzheimer-s-Disease.pdf
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/311347.php
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bph.12492/full
nature.com/articles/npjamd201612

Some people are very sensitive to nicotine, I've been smoking since I was 15, 10 years ago, I smoke 2-3 packs a week on average, but I've quit many times in the 10 years and the amount I've smoked has varied between 1 and 10 a day.

My friend has very little resistance to nicotine, he doesn't really smoke, I sometimes give him a cigarette when I go smoke, when I give him too many in a week, about 3, he starts getting hooked and keep asking if we can go smoke.

>work w/ a crew of custodians at a company that deals with quantum theory

>literally all of us are 420 blaze it fggt

Can't say that I'm surprised.