Tfw living in a fake democracy where one candidate can lose by 2.5+ million votes and still become president

>tfw living in a fake democracy where one candidate can lose by 2.5+ million votes and still become president

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zp7wJStCsMA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's because it isn't a democracy you twat, it's republic.

The votes are democratic within the states, but it's states that select a leader, they are their own "countries" in a union.

Democratic republic you fucking retard.

kys, Pablo.

Hillary NEVER went to Wisconsin as the nominee

she may have run a worse campaign than Romney

>she went to Arizona multiple times to pick up a few hundred thousand meaningless votes
JUST

You live in a republic

It's literally 51 simultaneous presidential elections. what don't these faggots get about that?

How many First World countries elect their leader via direct national popular vote?

The Left needs to stop acting like the U.S. is somehow alone in not being a 100% mob rule democracy.

>Get 2.5 million more votes and still lose
Who would want such a fucking loser a President?

Facts are racist sexist xenophobic islamiphobic mansplaining you fucking WHITE MALE

Jesus you are thick aren't you

I bet your mother says "bless his heart" a lot if she ever talks about you

> it's republic
Try an "a" in there you stupid Brazilian jungle monkey.

You mean Drumpf? What a fucking loser, right? How do you lose by almost 3,000,000 votes to one of the most unpopular democratic candidates ever?

How many first world nations allow non-citizens to vote?

> Look mom, I posted it again!

Last I checked Trump was (((elected)))

Not his fault he was playing 4d chess the entire time. You don't kill all the pawns. You go for checkmate. Check those electoral votes like you check these digits.

At least I'm not a ranidaphobe, so it could be worse.

You guys are so inept its retarded. How do you win the presidency? By winning the Electoral Vote. How do you campaign to become a president? Make sure you get enough backing in states that matter.

End of fucking story.

>a hue making a sensible post
what's happening

So I added up the numbers and OP is still a fag

>0.007 %

What democracy are you talking about? America is a republic, always has been.

How many super delegates did Hillary win?

Jeee whiz, it's almost as if Clinton had every playwright, news anchor, author, editor, blogger, and popular scientist shilling for her for over a year

kys

It's pretty comical that libtards didn't realize they were voting for electorates when they voted.

Do they not teach basic civics anymore? Or did they all flunk?

We live in a Republic you tard

A Union of 50 States
With 50 Individual elections

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my feelings override the working class of America!

Until you educate yourself as to why proportional voting is a thing kindly shut your fucking mouth

>tfw you've had this explained to you countless times but you are too dumb to understand

Oh for fuck sake, stop posting this stupid b8 thread you ugly twat.

51 because Washington DC gets 3 electoral votes.

I thought liberals were "informed" and "educated".

Technically not a state, just a district.

The bait has less energy than Jeb after a primary debate.

Can you please explain what you're getting out of this? Why even bother to make this thread? Literally nothing you've said was even original.

If you're going to shit-post at least put some effort into it, otherwise what's the damn point???

I know, but they do get 3 electoral votes.

Constitutional republic*

Kinda funny how libtards want to do away with the system that is designed to help minorities.

IT WAS HER TURN REEEEEE

Are you guys braindead?Republic does not mean a system where each county/state has a fixed arbitrary elector count/power.

You need to be asking yourself... why the number keeps going higher when voting ended like a month ago.

democratic electors won in california by 4m votes. not sure what the problem is... it seems like some of the younger kids weren't taught basic civics in primary school though.

>what is representative republic

Apparently not OP.
He makes this thread multiple times a day.
Nice digits

Wrong, how many times did you have to retake civics only to fail?

>living in a fake democracy

If you are too stupid to understand what sort of governmental system you are living in, that is your own stupid fault.

National vote total is not relevent, we do not have a national Presidential election -- we have 51 state/district elections, with sub-elections in a few states where congressional districts also select Electors.

I can explain it to you, I cannot undrstand it for you.

>Last I checked Trump was (((elected)))

Technically, not yet, that happens on December 19

STOP

As an outsider, what is outrageous I think is Trump's picks.

Wasn't he supposed to be anti-establishment?

Why is he surrounding himself with establishment Republicans then?

millions of illegals voted

This has been refuted for several days mods. US is a representative republic. The OP is just spamming at this point.

>How many super delegates did Hillary win?

Turned out not to be relevant, she also won the majority of the not so super delegates and would have been nominated if the Supers had all abstained, or if they had voted proportionally to the elected/selected delegates.

They realized it, but it was all fine because they were sure they were going to win in a landslide.

Now, they are in shock and grasping for any straw in the wind that will make it not really have happened.

Hence idiocy like the recounts.

There could be another explanation...

>back experienced candidate just because muh vagina
>lose election to a cheeto jesus steak salesman
>stuck with gold plated penthouse policies for at least 4 years
>watch all your progressive stack friends get whacked
>lose all reason to live
>raid bahrainian lawn boules clubhouse for revenge
glad you got even girl

youtube.com/watch?v=zp7wJStCsMA

Fucking idiot

I'm talking specifically about President election.You can have a direct president election, votes of individual citizens, and be a Republic.

FEDERATION you fucking moran
Pretty much all current republics are representative.Nothing to do with America's electoral college

>fixed
the population dictates how many votes each state gets it's not fixed its dynamic

Those points are all true, and are all as irrelevant as Clinton winning the nation-wide popular vote. We don't elect a President by national popular vote, or by counties won, or number of states won, or square miles of territory won -- none of that means jack shit, and acting like it does legitimizes Dem claims that THEIR irrelevant fact should be taken seriously.

Stick with the one meaningful fact -- we elect by winning the electoral college, which Trump did, handily.

We elect a President

Its not a fake democracy. Its not a democracy at all. Its a republic. You should go back to your high school and beat the shit out of your teachers for failing you.

A Republic has an elected head of state. Usually a president or a chancellor. The electors don't necessarily have to be the people - they can also be the peoples' representatives. It's called indirect democracy. In such a system, it doesn't matter if the representative wins by 10 votes or 10 million votes. He still only gets one vote among many.

The system in which the people directly elect a head of state is direct democracy - the person with the biggest popular vote wins. The USA does not use that system, even if the Democrats lose the election.

>fixed arbitrary elector count/power.

>fixed
>arbitrary

It is not, it changes after every census because it is based on representation in Congress which in turn is based on population. Every state gets electors equal in number to their congressional delegation.

The 3 from DC are somewhat arbitrary, I guess, but reflect what they would get i they were a state, which they are not. Nor should be, but that is a different topic.

>those comments...

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Question - why do you let D.C. vote in the presidential election but not Puerto Rico? Why do the major parties let Puerto Rico vote in the primaries if they can't ultimately even vote for the party representative they choose?

Partially because things like military ballots come in slowly, and some counties take a long time to report for various reasons, some legit, some because "muh political games."

It's been frozen around 2.5 million for a long time now, though, and will not move much from there.

2.5 million sound slike a lot -- it is a tiny drop out of all votes cast.

And none of the "movement" will change the outcome in any state, so is not relevant. Gives the left a talking point, maybe, but most people seem to understand how the system works and are not offended by it.

A constitutional republic with a handful of democratic institutions. And those democratic institutions don't even predominate. I know this is b8, but it's fucking saddening to see so many Americans who don't even understand the very form of government they live under. The people that founded this republic did not believe in your hippy dippy democracy horseshit. They just didn't, and they said as much.

>still counting votes

Pathetic, why is it taking so long?

Try learning Portuguese and then posting on a Brazilian image board you massive autistic faggot nigger - then have some whiny little wanna be edgy twat correct your grammar on the language that's second to you. You make the rest of us look bad...well, ok, worse than we already do.

hold it a few more days and you can pump it up 12.5 million more. mainstream coverage of where the votes are coming from?

3 million illegals and dead people voted for clinton

>Why is he surrounding himself with establishment Republicans then?

He needs some folks who have played the game before and know where bodies are buried and how to make a federal bureaucrat or a congressman do what you want. That is a different thing than running a business -- taking on some help there will not hurt him, and will help him get his agenda to actually happen.

I would also guess that many businessmen that are good at what they do cannot (or don't want to) afford to take the pay cut that coming to be a cabinet secretary would entail and are thus not available to be selected.

>tfw shitpost on hispachan all the time to practice my grammar for housekeepers

>my conjugation gets shit on all the time

How does it feel being a sheep?

A+ banter

I need a tall glass of sweet tea to cool that southern burn.

He's not. He;s bridging the two factions. He has both anti-establishment and establishment guys around him, and some guys that really are the best men for the job, like General Mattis.

It's easy to say phooey to that, he should go it alone, but this is a child's view of power consolidation and political chess. Right now, the Democrats are shattered. They're leaderless and without real governmental power. And you want Trump to what, take advantage of that by further eroding his own power base? That's foolishness.

You don't care, but you should take a look at how President Washington did the exact same thing with his cabinet.

She can't even get the majority

She literally fails at everything she does.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

>why do you let D.C. vote in the presidential election but not Puerto Rico?

DC is a part of the United States, specifically detached from any state so that no state would hold the capitol of the new national federation. Puerto Rico and a few other territories are extra-territorial to the US and so don;t vote in US presidential elections. I'd be fine with i if they did -- if'n I was God, I'd let all non-state US territories vote as a bloc, including DC and PR, for three electors. Or attach DC back to Maryland for purposes of elecing congressmen, senators and the presidential electors only, since the territory came from Maryland originally. I don;t think Maryland wants oit back. But some DC territory came from Virginia originally, and has since been handed back (why the district is not quite square) and is just a part of Virginia for elections and all other purposes now, seems reasonable to let DCers vote iin the state they would be in were there no DC. If I did the last bit I'd give the other territories an elector.

>Why do the major parties let Puerto Rico vote in the primaries if they can't ultimately even vote for the party representative they choose?

Because both parties want to win local and territorial elections in those territories -- the Dems and the GOP are active in PR and contest the governorship, etc. Excluding them from the convention would accomplish no purpose other than to provide the other side with ammunition during their elections.

They ahve all been counted though some states may still be adding in military and overseas ballots if they come in.

There may be recounts in three states that were somewhat close, because Jill Stein needs money.

Often asserted, never demonstrated/

STILL CANT EVEN FLIP A SINGLE STATE LMAO STILL CANT EVEN FLIP A SINGLE STATE LMAO STILL CANT EVEN FLIP A SINGLE STATE LMAO STILL CANT EVEN FLIP A SINGLE STATE LMAO STILL CANT EVEN FLIP A SINGLE STATE LMAO

Hillary won California by 4m votes
Trump most of the other 49 states

Hillary is president of California

>tfw living in a representative republic where one candidate can win the electoral college by 74 votes, 36 more than needed, to become president yet people say #notmypresident.
Not your flag, not your president, and not your country so why do you insist on staying in the country you hate even after announcing to the world you would move?

Think about who would have posted this?

It's not a Hillary supporter.
The post (and the image) doesn't target Trump or a rigged election.
And it sure as shit ain't a supporter of the God King.

This shit is ivan-troll.

The target is us.

Destabilize our belief in democracy.

I see these fucking posts every day.

So, listen up you vodka soaked shit smear. This is /pol, you have wandered into the 8th level of hell. Omega level god-trolls. Our meme magic is real. We imagine the planet in this place.

I don't mind reading these destabilizing posts, they have no effect - The US aren't weak like you. We're not rusky-cucks, we never fell for communism, you can't mail order our women, we don't stand in line for bread. Nothing you say or do can change us.

But your posts are so nothing they are literal cancer. A black hole in this board of otherwise a-grade bantz, as powerfully empty as your fucking economy.

Up your level of troll or kill yourself.