I'm a pagan

I'm a pagan
>Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zBZH0uoUZH4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Gardner_(Wiccan)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are you an edgy fag who just found out about the vikings in 7th grade?

How is your wifes son?

Does your D&D group meet on Fridays or Saturdays?

How many goats did you sacrifice today

What is the definition and etymology of the word pagan?

Don't worry, I'll be your frand..
1. Do you participate in rituals?
2. Are you of Nordic or Germanic decent?
3. What does a normal ritual entail?
4. What convinced you to become pagan?
5. Do you honestly feel like you've ever had a paranormal/spiritual response to your worship?
6. How long have you been pegan?

>wanting to ask a Pagan anything

Fuck off

Me too. What kind? I'll answer shit too.

No, but my dad did all this genealogical research and ended up finding out our ancestry can be traced all the way back to mythology when I was about 18 and that caused me to adopt this belief system.

I'm in between groups right now desu.

I make personal sacrifices in my practice of the blot of my own blood.

honestly don't know

Opinions on Standing Rock please.

No i'm not a norse pagan

2, well 3 counting my neighbors barking dog

late 14c., from Late Latin paganus "pagan," in classical Latin "villager, rustic; civilian, non-combatant" noun use of adjective meaning "of the country, of a village," from pagus "country people; province, rural district," originally "district limited by markers," thus related to pangere "to fix, fasten," from PIE root *pag- "to fix" (see pact). As an adjective from early 15c.

Religious sense is often said to derive from conservative rural adherence to the old gods after the Christianization of Roman towns and cities; but the word in this sense predates that period in Church history, and it is more likely derived from the use of paganus in Roman military jargon for "civilian, incompetent soldier," which Christians (Tertullian, c.202; Augustine) picked up with the military imagery of the early Church (such as milites "soldier of Christ," etc.). Applied to modern pantheists and nature-worshippers from 1908.
Pagan and heathen are primarily the same in meaning; but pagan is sometimes distinctively applied to those nations that, although worshiping false gods, are more cultivated, as the Greeks and Romans, and heathen to uncivilized idolaters, as the tribes of Africa. A Mohammedan is not counted a pagan much less a heathen. [Century Dictionary, 1902]
The English surname Paine, Payne, etc., appears by old records to be from Latin paganus, but whether in the sense "villager," "rustic," or "heathen" is disputed. It also was a common Christian name in 13c., "and was, no doubt, given without any thought of its meaning"

I'm of Nordic descent, my father was an immigrant from Norway

1. Yes. Blot and sumbel mainly.
2. Nordic,Germanic and Anglo here
3. Different rituals are different things and different pagans worship differently. When I make my blot, I drink alcohol and spill my blood on my land. Others will consecrate wine for the gods or cook an animal. It is very varied. The Sumbel is similarly a group ritual involving alcohol consumption.
4. My heritage
5. Yes, I read the stones and sometimes they seem to tell me things. I've also done ritual prayers to Freyja by placing runes under my pillow and seen results that I felt were her intervention,
6. 8 years now

1. No
2. Nordic on my Fathers side
3. I don't fucking know
4. I was a christian but i watched youtube.com/watch?v=zBZH0uoUZH4
5. No i havent been a pagan for that long
6. like a fucking month
Bonus. I don't actually truly believe but i'd rather have something to believe in than athiesm

it is more likely derived from the use of paganus in Roman military jargon for "civilian, incompetent soldier," which Christians (Tertullian, c.202; Augustine) picked up with the military imagery of the early Church
>"civilian, incompetent soldier,"
>"civilian, incompetent soldier,"

Tbh i don't actually truly believe it it's just better to believe something that's for fun than be an athiest

I'm sorry to tell you this but only scandinavians can be pagans. You have no connection with our gods so why are you being so edgy? Do you have any nordic blood in you at all?

And while we're at it wicca was invented in 1953
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Gardner_(Wiccan)

I fucking told you my father was a Norwegian immagrant

Wrong....anyone can be an incompetent civilian.

Pagan is a generic term for polytheists you Dingus

Personally, we thought we were Anglos totally and then we traced our history to the Shakespeares, who were raped by the Danes at some point, so I decided to latch on to the religion of our Danish overlords. I've had more emotional connection and spiritual connection with the Norse gods and with my ancestors when I began venerating them, than I ever did while being a Christian, personally.

>Muricans thinking their norwegian genetics makes them pagan

Why are you posting on a Christian board?

Fuck off is it. God is dead you dumbfuck.

>pagan
>pic related

>No, mom I don't believe in fairy tales now bring me more Mt. DEW and leave me alonnnee!

Do you have any moral values?

Tell me about the stones brother.

pic related: My majestic Germanic beard

You should study Japanese Shinto, pretty good model to copy to reintroduce paganism

I have a very nice set of stones of Orthoceras fossils. Pic related. They predicted to me that Trump would win. IIRC it said something along the lines of "The silent power of many's beliefs (meme magic) will result in ultimate victory through adversity"

Courage
Truth
Honor
Fidelity
Discipline
Hospitality
Industriousness
Self Reliance
Perserverance

Got info on how they work?
What does each rune represent?

Pagan is a religion you dumb fuck

Ex-Christian

Technically no.

No, it is not.

"Paganism is a term that first arose among the Christian community of southern Europe during late antiquity as a descriptor of religions other than their own, or the related Abrahamic religions; i.e., Judaism and Islam"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

Why are you Ameriturds so incredible stupid?

You should probably work on that, I'll refer you to

Yes, different runes both indicate a phonetic sound and a whole concept, so they can be read multiple ways. Basically, you draw stones out of a black bag, throw them and then, asking for the assistance of the Aesir/Vaenir to help reveal the meaning in them to you. Then it's really up to interpretation based on the meanings of the characters and/or the words it might actually spell out. Some times the words it spells reflect the meaning, which is really amazing.

>No, but my dad did all this genealogical research and ended up finding out our ancestry can be traced all the way back to mythology when I was about 18 and that caused me to adopt this belief system.

>muh heritage

Why do you use a retarded kike word for "anything that isnt us" to identify your religion?

It means "anything that isnt us or related to us", and the joos

That's the entire basis of Norse paganism. Your ancestors are much more likely to respond to you spiritually then the gods.

Then what are you? Stop fucking saying "pagan"
You might aswell call yourself goy

>I`m a Norse pagan