I don't trust my "federal reserve notes", they don't really represent anything and can be artificially cheapened

I don't trust my "federal reserve notes", they don't really represent anything and can be artificially cheapened.
I don't trust banks.
Is now a good time to exchange my federal reserve notes to precious metals? I would put half of all my paychecks into them, 1 oz. gold and silver rounds, I would buy them directly and keep them in a safe, I don't trust anyone else to keep them for me. Would this be a wise move? Can you recommend the cheapest and simplest places to do this?

Whats gonna happen OP, when we mine deep into the earths literal Rivers of molten gold near earths core, and your gold loses all its value?

>half of my paycheck

A bit extreme, but it's almost always a good time to invest in metals; it's not like you're ever really going to lose on them, as long as you wait long enough.

Nah, go with guns and ammo

The miners get melted when they break into the thousands of miles thick mantle filled with fucking magma you autist

My step dad has those and I live with him

>diversification
>bit here, bit there, bit everywhere
gold and silver is good imo

Why is that a bit extreme? Half goes into savings, half goes into things like rent, food, gas, and luxuries.

Nice le triblz OP. Now the redpill on gold----

you don't have to worry about gold, until you own your car/z and your house clear, no mortgage.

Until you own your house clear, you are technically underwater and have no assets, you are in debt anyway, so any "investments" you own are an illusion, just you pretending you own assets or money, while you are actually in debt.

2- If you are American, you don't have to worry about currency crashes, that is for the other poor cucks of the world (India, Russia, Ukrain, Venezuela, etc) to worry about (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya really the list goes on)

It's not a nice thing to do, but we bomb other countries so their currency collapses, and ours stays strong.

Only gold and silver is the real money though, if you want to get technical.

Are you drunk?

He's right, you know. The dollar is propped up by a variety of mechanisms, most of which are enforceable by American military might. It's unlikely that the dollar would be allowed to collapse without some severe global conflict.

Worry about another world war before you worry about the dollar collapsing because when it does, a world war will almost certainly precede it.

Doesn't president Trump's new sec of tres want to end the fed?

Pfthahahaha.

True, and if the dollar collapsed, the world would be so fucked owning metals wouldn't even be enough anyway.

Though, metals ARE a good way to gain steadily while inflation inevitably creeps. Half of his paycheck is extreme though.

Even if he did, a restructuring or auditing of the fed wouldn't be the same as the intentional destruction of the petrodollar. Read up on it, we have a really clever and massive scheme going on where we basically force large areas of the world to use dollars to trade, which they have to get from us. Of course, we all know that the dollar, which is no longer backed by any real goods, is monopoly money, so what effectively happens is that other countries send us real goods and we send them monopoly money.

that in actuality cannot happen

Buy gold miner stocks.

Kikes will make it illegal to own gold like in the 30's when they went off gold standard and gave people shitty US dollars for their much more valuable gold. They stole billions in gold back then in terms of real worth extracted.

Precious metals are for suckers. Go ahead and spend your money on Jew gold that sells for 10X it's intrinsic value, you'll just prove what a retard you are. If you are really scurred to the point that you don't trust USD anymore you should be buying the 4 F's: food, fuel, firearms, farmland.

Yes it can :(

Yes I am drunk, but please get past my keypbaord misstrokes and see the point of my post--holds true.

Other currencies collapse, so the dollar stays strong. Let the poor citiznes of Venezuela and India (etc Ukraine) worry about their collapsing paper money regimes, the US dollar is the reserve currency. If you're American, then you get that "luck of the draw" advantage.

Gold and silver, is still the real money. But for a US citizen, this point is more or less moot. (because of the US dollar advantage_)

But inflation is still happening, so getting gold and silver can't possibly be a bad move can it?

not realistically. If the fed were disbanded and we moved to a gold standard(which we cant, there isnt enough gold to keep up with growth.) we would have to enact a new committee to regulate the monetary policy under the new gold back dollars. dept based bank dont work well when left unregulated(see great recession) . inflation and interest rate would be set by the banks. and only under heavy regulation could we make them safe from inevitable collapse on account of lending too much. that regulation would basically be a new FED. we literally need one in a debt based banking system.

No, owning gold is never a bad move. But think of it this way-- Even Marc Faber, the genius Swiss finance guru, only recommends 20% of your assets in precious metals (gold, real estate, bonds or whatever currency holdings, And I forget his last category maybe art/ equities (stocks))

And he is only speaking to the very rich. For a person who does not own his car/s house clear, there is no reason to own gold or any 'investment' since you are in debt anyway/

A diversified portfolio, including gold, is what Faber recommends/.

I'm not in any kind of debt nor will I ever be.

Thank you for your input user, I'll only put 20% of my paychecks into gold/silver savings.

We could peg the dollar to anything but gold is just worst choice if only becuase we don't have anywhere near the gold to match our growth.

A smart man.

No prob, but remember, that climbing out of the hole of denbts (mortgage, credid card debt, car payments) is more important goal to achieve, before you worry about savings and assets and gold.

And also rememver that America (and Switzerland let's keep it real) is where people run-to, with their gold. It's the other places that collapse, not us. (kind of sounds arrogant, but it's basically true_

Good points. IMO, renting out 3br/2.5ba lower middle-class income rental houses is the way to go. It's a great inflation hedge with moderate cashflow that will always be in demand.

Gold is always a good bet on an infinite hold period, but shouldn't be traded...

Just adding on - I'm in real estate private equity, AMA.

Do it OP, but seriously, the more you acquire the more you should also consider getting firearms (of your own, I saw your reply that your stepdad has em) also,
PM's are good for two reasons.
A) in a SHTF scenario you will live like a king with your silver and gold hoard, just be careful with who knows about it! and
B) if A) doesn't happen after a few years of saving PM's you'll have a nice nest egg saved up for retirement or something nice to give to a son or daughter for them to buy a nice car after grad.
Protip: A) is far more likely than B) at this point.

I tried to help a friend do that with the rentals, but she had basically two tenants who, well, one left after not paying for couple months, and the next (rented to a nigger female without my knowledge or approval) basically stole the house from her, I doubt she payed a single months rent.

1. Don't rent to niggers.
2. Take large security deposit upfront and evict quickly. This doesn't work in commie states like CA.
3. If home is bought cheap enough, consider section 8 housing. 80% or so of revenue guaranteed by .gov. However, be prepared for house to be trashed. Heavy duty vinyl floors and polymer tile in kitchen does wonders.

You seem young and determined. You'd be better off using your money to establish a lifestyle that's a rural and off the grid as you could comfortably stand. Preferably within a community of like minded individuals. If it all goes south you can't eat gold and silver.

Got about 200oz of silver and that's it really for metals. It's there for a SHTF scenario, and the minted coins sell for a good bit after a decade or two, so well worth grabbing a tube of the new eagles every year.

bitcoins.

Federal Reserve notes are meme monies.

Memes have power. You shouldn't turn them away when they can attract that which you desire.

>le money supply needs to increase in proportion to the economy maymay
When will (((this))) shit die?

Similar scenario here. 1 oz silver coins are an obvious substitute currency of the dollar fails. Way more liquidity than gold - too much value per ounce...

Yeah she stopped taking my advice, and enlisted a "licensed real estate professional agent"

who found her a black female 'tenant' who like I said, was a complete fucking disaster, and totally ripped her off, and may still be in the house to this day, depending on what the bank did.

Big fucking help that "licensed agent" was after the nigress stopped paying rent, which to my knowledge was "the day she moved in"

Yeah, at 1k + per ounce, gold is NOT a good store of value if you're holding out for a SHTF scenario. I even have a few dozen ounces of 1/2 oz rounds.

Sell them and buy bullets.

Check out the Valcambi "combi bars" on eBay. You have to pay far over spot though...

Yes it can.
Take a look around boy goverments are failing right and left.

80% of realtors are fucking retarded. Befriend a good mortgage banker and they will tell you what to do over lunch or a beer...

Gold is an excellent store of value. During SHTF, you'll be bartering with food, ammo, and supplies. Post-SHTF, when everything stabilizes, silver is definitely good if coinage becomes the currency, but gold will still retain its value relative to silver. So once banking (full reserve, ideally) starts up again, your gold will be good to go.

Gold is great for long-term. Silver is more useful medium-term. And ammo provides the surest short-term solution.

As gold is rare and valuable throughout the universe, the Ayy Lmaos will finally choose to invade.

yeah, i should have specified, at it's value it's tough to barter with unless you're buying expensive goods. My bad.

maybe gold is (((undervalued)))? (((manipulated)))? What if an once of gold were worth a million dollars? Would we have enough gold then?