Did Blizzard Entertainments uncontained use of the word Kek in Starcraft and WoW cause Kek to awake from the dead?

Did Blizzard Entertainments uncontained use of the word Kek in Starcraft and WoW cause Kek to awake from the dead?
Did that cause the seed?
Did Blizzard awaken it?

kek

bur

>tfw to intelligent to worship Kek.

That pic made me kek out loud

fef

jej

No, it didn't.

I love this fucking brain meme

Kek has been mentioned throughout history. If you seach 'kek' on newspaper archives you will find evidence of kek from centuries ago

It did originate from WoW. "Kek" was making a comeback as "lel" was getting popular. People remembered it from WoW and the start and end letter is only one letter away. People say it came from the "Topkek" snack, but even kek's second coming predated that as the use of alternate three letter words besides "lol" to display laughter became more popular.

"kekekekeke" is how South Koreans laughed during Zerg Rushes. My older brother used to tell me about that.

:^=)

>tfw to intelligent for this meme

It's more from WoW, though. The system the game uses to scramble the language of nearby players of an opposite faction translated a Horde player saying "lol" to an Alliance player hearing "kek"

>tfw to intelligent to not worship kek

StarCraft came first. The WoW developers probably lifted that straight from the Koreans.

>tfw to intelligence 4 correct spellnig & grammer

It's just a coincidence. The WoW thing isn't a direct translation of words, it's just changing consonants to other consonants and vowels to other vowels.

Huh.
Kek continues to work in mysterious ways.

When and why did 'too intelligent' become a meme? as a dumbass I find it discriminatory and triggering, pls delet now!!

the 'to intelligent' meme was a /fit/ meme that found its way onto Sup Forums

this ¨pic is too smart for me senpai

To intelligent for you?

ded

Certainly. And how the "topkek" snack exists is even more mysterious.

"Toplel" was created independently from anyone knowing the snack exists, combining the Top Gun hat from Workaholics with "lel", then there ends up being a fucking snack called Topkek.

And a lot of this happened on /s4s/, a board moot made as an April Fools joke. Moot was always reluctant to oversaturate Sup Forums with more boards, but he just so happened to decide to keep a board that has rules that make it effectively identical to Sup Forums but decided not to delete the very board where kek was arguably developed.

Wrong.
When Starcraft first shipped, it had no Korean language pack. So instead of writing the symbol that represented the sound they make when they laugh, they had to resort to ke. Which, when typed repeatedly, is kekekekeke.
Then Blizz decided to be cheeky and use it as the translation for lol.

i am too intelligent for this board

I thought it was because of people here in 2008-2010 mocking reddit/9fag with their rage comics full of "le" by spaming threads with a rage comic in OP with "lelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelele", which spawned "lel", then, like a year or two before [s4s] creation, someone typed kek instead of lel because of the proximity of the two keys and kek finally became a thing.

The "kek" from WoW is much, much older, and never got into widespread use.

"Kekekek" was already in Monkey Island 1.

kek was only one part of the equation. Without Pepe I don't know if Kek could have been resurrected.

With that said, it is important to remember Kek is NOT your personal god. He has no sides and there is no telling what he will do next. Respect Kek, but don't worship Kek.

I can remember using kek in MMOs going back to like 2005. Just an offshoot of lol.

>don't worship Kek
Moloch get outT NOW!

>tfw too intelligent to understand that meme