Why are millennials broke?

Why are millennials broke?

I live in Florida. Job prospects here are shit

The boomers won't fucking die already

I just want a job.

Well, I live in Virginia so fuck you, that's why

Go into HVAC man, it's literally money printing.

Companies would rather hire older more experienced people OR h1b Visa foreign workers, they are cheaper than us. Also, lots of shitty minimum wage jobs created under Obama admin. Also millenials are a very unskilled generation.

Overall, a plethora of different factors. But basipally this generation is fucked. If you take a look at Generation Z kids they are solid, smart workers. I hire a lot of Gen Y and Z people at my work, and the millenials are hopeless dipshits, but the Gen Z's are very practical, pragmatic and very tech savvy.

The wont work jobs they deem "beneath them"

>tfw retail cuck at 22,000/a year

We're gonna end up eating the rich at this rate.

THIS. After applying everywhere in my town, I finally landed a decent paying job at FedEx.

They

-spend a ridiculous amount of money on Starbucks (at least a couple thousand dollars a year)

-get in debt because of useless college degrees with no job prospects (women's studies, LGBT studies, history, Afro-American studies, sociology, etc.)

-rent expensive apartments ($800+ a month) in cities, which kills their prospects of actually owning their own home one day

Because most of them are in entry-level jobs right now

>DC
>Double most places

I wonder why.

How much is the training ? How long?

Because theyre judt starting their careers dummy. Jesus fuck did you really need to make this thread to think for two seconds and figure it out?

Why don't you fight for 15?

Because they don't want to quit smoking pot for a month to get into a decent factory

t. Hoosier millennial factory worker

How desirable are skills with working with PCs and spreadsheet programs like excel for jobs? I had to learn how to use it in Calculus applications to Biology.

THERE ARE NO FUCKING JOBS.
THERE ARE NO FUCKING SHITTY ENTRY LEVEL JOBS.
THERE ARE NO MID LEVEL JOBS
PEOPLE ARENT RETIRING LIKE THEY SAID. THEY ARE SITTING IN THE SAME JOB THEYVE HAD SINCE THE 70s AND WONT RETIRE.

1 year I think.

Or you can do craigslist mini split installation. $500 for 1 day worth of work easy.

>unskilled

You bet your ass.

You'd be surprised how many people my employer hires that can't do 3 simple things -- Read a tape measure, show up to work on time, and pass a drug test.

If you can do that, we have plenty of jobs where you can make $18+/hr without any college education.

You can get a gig in data entry (shit, boring work but in a comfortable office) for 20-30k, and if you are good you can probably get into some accounting or financial work.

Not where I live

Because they purchase the new IPhone every time one is released, they spend all their money on luxuries and don't save. And then when they do want to settle down and apply for a mortgage, the banks see their credit rating and zero savings, and say "heh Nope".

t. 21yo non retard with new home

Why is DC essentially double the rest of the country though?

This is the end game of the "service economy", since all the good jobs are both highly specialized and much rarer now, employers can pick and choose from a floating workforce of already established workers and migrants, while young workers are shut out from even being considered for entry level positions due to lack of expertise and experience.
The end result is that you have millions of millennial working deadend McJobs like hospitality, retail, sales and low level IT.
Did I mention that half of them have also have huge education debts and useless degrees? Probably didn't have to.

The saddest thing is that globalists have deluded themselves into thinking that service economies are somehow sustainable. As soon as kids start realizing that degrees are no longer worth the investment, the western teritary education system will collapse and take half the economy with it.

News flash, your parents weren't loaded at 25 either.

Because job market sucks.
I graduated from a top 20 university with a Chemistry degree with honors.
Have 3 years research experience. Two fellowships. And one summer internship.
Additionally, I was a biomedical lab tech in the US Army for 5 years. I'm combeiting with PhDs who are willing take an extreme pay cut and people from foreign countries who also take a huge paycut.
I have gotten one call back.

Looked for a year for a decent job in California, figured out i was wasting my time. packed up my car and drove to SD. Fucking jobs growing on trees because all the kids here want to move to California.

got a random factory job and in 5 years mid level management and bought a 3 bedroom house on 1/2 ache for 85k.

I dont wamt a shitty mcmansion and have no desire for a big yard that lets face it becomes a big toilet for the dog. I would rather own a 2-3 bedroom apartment

Because their SJW degrees didn't pay off?

This. There are plenty of jobs that Jose and Manuel are happy to take that millennials could have but they'd rather spend time on a Mongolian stamp collecting forum bitching that employers needing skilled labor tend to prefer experienced workers.

Everyone says that where i live.

They are wrong and you are too.

A lot of Millenials' (late Gen X and Gen Y) problems stem from the same cause. They grew up just prior to a very fundamental shift in the political, economic, and social dynamics in the United States.

They grew up in a very different era - the economy was booming, the Cold War was ending, the media wasn't dominated by propaganda and degeneracy (at least not as much as it is now), and they were instilled with all the same ethics, morals, values, and goals the Boomer generation were instilled with. They were raised with high standards and high expectations.

But after 9/11, after the Dot Com Bubble burst, after the Recession... everything's different now. The moment shit started to shift, the Boomers basically left X and Y on the roadside and it became every man for themselves. All those high standards and high expectations that X and Y tried to live up to suddenly didn't matter and Millenials have been drifting from one thing to another ever since trying to salvage what they can.

Z's lucky, we grew up after shit already hit the fan and we adapted to it. We're going to do alright, certainly a lot better than the Millenials, but at the cost of growing up into a generation of cynics with low expectations.

>we
>gen z
Underage or what? gen z are toddler's right now

This map isn't very descriptive. What exactly qualifies as a millennial? 18-30?? 22-30??
Do students in college count toward this?

I agree us young people can be dumb with our money, but this stupid picture you probably reposted from facebook doesn't say a whole lot

Now this is a story all about how
Millenial lives got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how millenials became broke in a country called USA

In the west children were born and raised
To believe they'd become special at the end of their days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
But while growing up their moms indoctrinated them
She said, "You're movin' to university after you finish high school."

First class, yo, this is bad
They were studying without thinking of what skills they'd have
Then they finished college with massive debt
But the skills they'd learned weren't even useful in real life

And the wages had risen really slow
So thanks to the boomers their median incomes were really low
And workers were flooding in through immigration and H1-Bs
And the rents were sky high and they weren't prepared

Well, that means they lost their American dream hope
And compared to the boomers they'll forever be broke
While a gen Z child makes millenial threads on Sup Forums every day

They're too busy "Fighting for 15" rather than building their resumes.

>chem degree

Why not ChemE?

Every thread, some definitions of Gen Z put the starting point as 94/95

>millennial
>$100k a year

sorry i couldn't bring up the average

here is a tip on how to get a high income:

>STEM
>no drugs
>no alcohol

Because they aren't white.

Not sure how the infographic collected it's data, but for simplicity sake let's say millennials are born between the beginning 1981 till the end of 2005. So the youngest millenias are turning 11 right now and the oldest are about to turn 36. Let's say the infographic information is from 2015 so subtract 1 from those numbers. Kids 10-16 are probably making 0, this is 1/5 of milenials. Those between 16-22 are probably mostly in school and making little to no money. A small but noticicle portion will also be finishing their degree, getting an advanced degree, can't find work or be in jail from 22-28. So if all those numbers aren't accounted for these numbers are bogus. That being said it feels good to make 3 my Md peers, but I hope MAGA helps raise these numbers.

I work at an oil refinery and 70% of people are over the age of 40.

- no skills
- abysmal work ethics.
- think they need the latest iPhone and every other gadget to not become a social outcast.

Ok I've applied for plenty of work and they don't want to hire me because I don't have 5 years relevant work experience and a bachelor's or masters for a junior entry level position.

Low/no skill or education

this.

i was in my twenties pushing nearly $150K in the texas oilfields with full benefits and a quarter of the year off and couldn't get friends hired because they couldn't pass drug tests(always weed) or wouldn't even show up for interviews on time and wanted to reschedule.

I also get stopped by random twenty something year olds all the time asking about how to get into the oilfield and 90% of the time they ask about drug tests and criminal background checks during the conversation.

how hard is it to not get high until you get a job or not get put on probabtion?

Because I was part of a program called Chapter 31 with the VA where they try and get disabled veterans back in the work force. They do this by matching skills and abilities then developing an educational plan. They told me I could get a job as biomedical engineer with my background, and chem degree or biology degree (BS) where my options which they would of paid for.

College meme
Front and center
Government gets into college, prices go up because they can, no one can actually pay for college, government subsidizes loans, students become indebted to government to go to school, students lose valuable energy and focus they could spend making shekels worshipping the textualized Jew and making (((A's))), not realizing they're putting themselves 50k USD in debt to graduate and either have to go back to school for 2 more years to differentiate themselves from the rabble or submit to a $16/hr wageslave job after graduating and get swallowed by incredibly high rent prices and incredibly high cost of living brought on by the past 8 years of Leftist cucking of America so that niggers on EBT can get $100 of groceries for $15
God bless the USA

Don't most of your colleagues also have a 5+ year engineering degree?

That is bullshit I have been working 8 years for nearly minimum and I can't move up because of boomer fags content with their 12/hr position. I have to work 2 jobs instead

Millenials would work manual labour if manual labour still paid fair wages like it did back in the 60s and 70s. The reason that those sorts of jobs are now the province of Jose and Manuel is because American companies employ illegals and undercut wages to the point that you guys haven't had a low income pay raise in 20 years and farm work gets undercut below the minimum wage.

Stop corporations and farmers being exploitative traitors and you'll see Americans doing those jobs again.

>tfw 23 in Nebraska and make 53k a year
53k might not be a lot of money for you coastal fags but the cost of living in Nebraska is comically low.

The same for me in the UK, i have friends from back home who have never really worked asking me all the time.

Because babyboomer keynesians spent all the money in the 1980s.

Born after 95 is gen z. Every millennial is over 18 now

Bro Generation Y ARE millennials you dipshit. Anyone born in Generation Z could literally be 16 y.o. max
>t. Jimmy John's manager
Go fuck yourself

Only the Engineers have a degree related to the area, most of the operators would have done an apprenticeship which maybe takes 4/5 years.

But in NDT people come from everywhere and its basically a blag, if you work hard you can be earning mega bucks within 5 years.

Engineering degree doesnt mean shit if you have a terrible work ethic and people hate you.

>$18+/hr

Where the fuck is that? I live in Madison and you'll get 12/hr tops for some pretty grueling physical labor, like hauling shit around a construction site fifty hours a week.

I'll grant that teh labor market is flooded here.

I can do all three of those things but I never finished high school.

I hear you. I live in Mississippi on 40k a year and I live better off than my friends who moved to New York thinking it would be better to earn $75k a year there.

I'm 21

Gen X is late 60s to mid 80s
Gen Y is mid 80s to mid 90s
Gen Z is mid 90s to like mid 00s

Basically, Gen Y grew up pre-internet, Gen Z grew up post.

The same for people working in London, oh how cool and trendy i am to be earning 40k a year.

Meanwhile they spend all they earn on just living while being surrounded by nigs.

Sep 11, 2001 was the generational turning point. Thus those who can't remember are part of Gen Z. Those who can are part of Gen Y.

Also the term "Millenials" is stupid, because Boomers have basically used it to describe everyone who isn't a Boomer - Gen X, Gen Y, they've even started lumping parts of Gen Z.

It's basically a big amorphous blob that Boomers use to scapegoat everything that goes wrong for them.

Wew. I made $12 an hour starting at Target in North Dakota.

Cost of living is really low too

Agreed. Furthermore, we get absolutely shit career advice. Our elders told us we can do anything we want, consider it career advice and wash their hands of us.

you know it brothers.
>tfw high school gf (ex) moved to chicongo and is struggling to stay afloat and has a lot of student debt and shares an apartment with 3 other people
on the Day of the Meme, globalists/cosmopolitanism/leftycucks will be the first to go

>tfw nothing after Z
>tfw you realize this is on purpose
>tfw WW3 wipes out earth and they know

Millenials are anyone who was school age at the millenium (at least that was the original definition). The oldest millenials are like 34ish.

Why would one generation be double the length of the others?

I actually agree with the Gen-X dates, because the Babyboom is typically 1954-64

so Gen X is 1965-84

Then Gen Y / Millennial is 85-04

Gen z are today's children, in my book.

Not that any of this is objective. It's just how people choose to group things to fit the story they are trying to tell.

I'm laughing so fucking hard.

I'm a junior in college in Louisiana. I got an internship at the best big 4 firm. I'm gonna make $25/hr, while stem autists are on their little bony knees begging for a lab job.

So glad I didn't fall for the stem meme. Sure will be swell making mid $50,000 out of college in any city of my choice. Linear promotions, health and dental care, retirement options. Very glad I didn't fall for the STEM meme, especially petroleum engineering meme.

>Vermont
>Dark green

They must have forget to switch the filter from "forest density" because I don't believe that shit for a second.

>the Babyboom is typically 1945-64

Not 54. That was obvs a typo

I wanna move to Alaska where I'll have a nice view of Russia and a friendly moose now & then on my front porch.

severely underrated.

I'm a millennial. I make 120k/y and my wife makes 80k/y.

>9/11
remember watching in on TV when I came home from school
I was still too young to understand the magnitude, I just got pissed off that my DBZ was canceled because of live coverage of some buildings falling down

Except that Jose and Manuel do it for pennies on the dollar and are essentially indentured slaves. Companies don't want to pay for benefits (most are actively trying to strip benefits from their employees currently) and they don't want to play minimum wage either, so Jose and Manuel look like the better option as they don't have to pay them much and can actually threaten them with deportation when they ask for more money or the company needs them to work harder, which keeps them inline.

If you had the option of free labor at maximum profitability from Jose and Manuel because you can skip having to abide by the law and make more money, you aren't going to hire the documented American that takes more money from you and your company because you have to legally pay them more and offer them more.

Kansas

Sure, it's manual labor factory work, but I've been out there since i was 19 and I'm now 32.

We are hiring two new people in my department that will start out at least at 48k a year

most are young and in college.

Absolutely. I can live like a king on 50k a year in middle of nowhere TN. Also, looking to get a lucrative job at TVA... Wish me luck boys.

Because my family situation is shitty and I'm taking care of my mom. I'm also trying to sell my house for a whopping 3 million and have my mom declare retirement because she wants it. I just need to get my father out of the house because he's a leech.
Aside from that, job market is shit. If you're not engineering or stem. Your degree is worthless. Which shouldn't be the case.
T. Computer engineer advancing in robotics

Why not move? Seriously, jobs where I grew up are nonexistent. So I fucking went where there were jobs.

Millenials are too retarded to leave is why their broke.

Most of the time generations are just defined by when one generation's kids grow up, but occasionally you get a major shift that ends up dividing culture, society, etc into a very definite "Before" and "After".

Gen Y grew up "Before" the Internet, Gen Z grew up "After"
Gen Y grew up "Before" the 9/11, Gen Z grew up "After"
Gen Y grew up "Before" Social Media, Gen Z grew up "After"
Gen Y grew up "Before" the Recession, Gen Z grew up "After"

It doesn't matter if we both fit into the same 20 year span, there's a WORLD of difference between those who grew up in the 90s and those who grew up in the 00s.

i make 40$ an hour but once I realized Hillary wasn't going to stop attacking Syria to the point she was trying to start war with Russia, I had to shill for Trump in every waking hour for the past 6 months and move across country to vote in a swing state and back into my parents house. I've been completely burned out since the election, sleeping 15 hours a day, and living in enemy territory. (my dads a zionist shill.) Now I have 600$ in my account and have to work to save up a few grand to move back across country again

I bought into the stem meme and now I'm making 70k but I live in commiefornia so my cost of living is hell. Looking for a few more years of experience then I'll move to a comfy state.

Cool, at least I'm a little above the median.

Jesus, what the fuck?

Are they all working minimum wage? Most are making almost half of what I got at an internship.

>tfw working for JP Morgan
I'm not sure what to think about it... Did it instead of going to University though because fuck debt.

That feel when worked all over the UK for two years on various shutdowns making £30 an hour at 25 years old while living in a camper van.

haters gonna hate but i now have two properties one of which i rent out, Feels fucking ok man.

California is so expensive 21,900 is like 10,000 dollars lol

PA here. I'm 19 making 44k. I didn't know that was a lot for people my age. Nice.

Maybe you're not a people person.

its so weird people think they own apartments or condos in a building that is owned by someone.

I appreciate your sacrifice user.

How the fuck ia that even possible? Working for your millionaire fathers business?

The Chem job market has been bad for a long time now. It's almost impossible to get anything nice with just a bachelors, and the masters and PhD positions are so niche.

Because the middle class is in CHINA and our economy is WAR BATTERED