Who else fell for the STEM meme here and is now reverting back?

Who else fell for the STEM meme here and is now reverting back?

>Watched a few Neil DeGrasse Tyson videos, decided to change my major to physics.

>Realize too dumb.

>Now changing it to political science

Other urls found in this thread:

symbolab.com/solver/definite-integral-calculator/\int_{0}^{\infty}\frac{10sin\left(x\right)}{2x} dx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigonometric_integral#Sine_integral
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Answer is 5si(x) right?

that's not really falling for the meme then is it? you simply being a bit dim? if anything its more of an affirmation of its higher value

HAHAHAHA LEL LETS MAKE POL B AGAIN PUT ME INTHE SCREENCAP NOTIFY THE DANOLD WE ...

kek

what?

It's something like 7.84 but that's fucking irrelevant you retarded cunt.

Who else fell for it?

But it is relevant
Isn't this equation used for sound oscillation?
Science isn't for everyone but it does make a lot of good contributions to the world and can even make you some money in the process

> includes x rather than frenchfries

I think you mean pie / 2

5*π/2

Top kek

>3x =30
>x +2y =20
>y +4z =9
>integral of (x*sin(t))/(2z*t) dt from 2y-x to infinity

>x =10
>y =5
>z = 1
>integral of 10sin(t)/(2t) dt from 0 to infinity
>5pi/2
>~7.854

So nobody fell for the STEM meme? Sounds a little hard to believe.

In it right now
Challenging and rewarding

Oh, and I guess I technically fell for the STEM meme; Actuarial Science here.

Kind of considering switching to pure math; the money is nice, but I don't really want a desk job.

>going polsci
>not going trade

Enjoy your minimum wage job, dolt.

>y + 4z = 9

Where did you get 4. It's supposed to be 2z.

>majoring in physics

How about something practical like any engineering? They have to take a shitload of physics classes too

Hahahahaha why is this funny to me?

Its 5*π/2

I was planning on becoming a chemical engineer until I realized I can make the same money and have 10x more pussy if I majored in sociology

I think he counted each mug as 1 because the original trick was to slim down the picture of two mugs to one

Each beer is 1. Burger + 2*beer + 2*beer == 9

So now you have a 10 times bigger vagina than you used to?

Yeah forgot it would have to be negative
It's that damn Si(x)-si(x)

If you want to be specific, it's 2z +2z, which is 4z. Alternately, it's 2z, but a single beer is z/2.

I'm majoring in bio trying to get into genetics. I've run into a few bumps, but nothing I can't fix.

Mediocre people (ie the vast majority) should not be in university at all. Go to a vocational school instead and learn a skill you can use to earn a middle class living. Boomer parents fucked up big time by convincing their millennial kids that they can be anything they want to be, it just isn't true.

To be fair, I started uni 2 years earlier than all my mates due to brainy excellence.

But then I got so addicted to the internet, spent $25k on an online game over the last 5 years, and now my brain is fried for some reason and I'm actually a year behind all my mates.

Fuck my life.

Typical STEM fag sucking at linguistic intelligence

=

There are plenty of people unprepared for stem and plenty who are. Honestly, america doesn't need anymore engineers, you will be better served following your passion.

>claims to call stem a meme
>switches to political science

Obviously that would be the case since you're on Sup Forums all day.

What does d(constant) even mean?

Fag

>get told youre smart from day 1 because little kid shit is so easy, and everyone of your peers are retarded
>gets harder so you burn out
Idk why they don't understand that we need to reform education from the ground up. Put more pressure on advanced kids from day 1, so that when they get to real pressure they handle it like they should.

differentiate

dx you fucking retard.

No it doesn't, something like d5 doesn't have any meaning at all, but hotdog is not a constant. Try imagining df/d5 though.

symbolab.com/solver/definite-integral-calculator/\int_{0}^{\infty}\frac{10sin\left(x\right)}{2x} dx

what since when can you integrate a sinus to infinity???

KYS faggots

Math and physics double major here. Those who can't do physics become engineers normally.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigonometric_integral#Sine_integral

>this thread again

Can someone red pill me on medical school is it worth it?
Is it as hard as they say?
Should I just give up and major in finance instead?

I would contend that hotdog IS a constant

Chem Grad in 4 yrs. PhD in Inorganic Chem (5 years). 1 yr as post-doc fellow and been working as assistant professor for 2 yrs at apublic University in the northern part of Hueland. 1 yr to go for tenure. AMA

This. If you can't make it through the courses you won't make it in industry. The real work begins after school.

What are you planning to do with your medical degree?

That's why I quit. That's literally what I said, pol just likes to make statements to feel superior.

Anyways, share your experiences goys. Any pol sci majors? What you planning to do? Where did you go? Give us all good details

Pol sci not a real degree IMO.

>Problem is shit getting harder, and students burning out
>Let's burn them out faster, instead

What's even the point anymore? You all make fun of Reddit for being s hugebox yet when I try to actually debate and change/influence people opinions people just post memes. I'm so fucking done with this site.

>3x=30 => x = 10
>x + 2y = 20 => y = 5
>y + 2z^2 = 9 => z^2 = 2

int_0^inf 5sin(u)/(z^2 u) du

Write sin as 1/(2i) (e^(ix) - e^(-ix))

Write CL: z = Re^(ia) => dz = iRe^(ia)da
Then Cl: z = 1/R e^(ia) => dz = 1/R i e^(ia)da
And R1: x : -R

i-is it hotdog? the answer is hotdog, right?

That's why I'm pursuing it.

Become a family doctor or a cardiologist

>not taking a trade

kek

Oh. Not sure what kind of advice I can give you then, those are the two things I'm least familiar with in medicine. From my experience though, family doctor is a meme. Go for the specialty, cardiologist would be great. If you have an interest in fitness health or orthopedics, we are always short on orthopedic surgeons and orthopedists in general.

t. surgery technologist

Fell for a CS degree. Now I get to work from home and make six figs. Sucks desu

Oh ok. I'm sorry you make 6 figures.

Along the lines of Feynman, you can also differentiate under the integral sign

Consider f(potato chips ) = \int_0^\inf \exp(potato chips x hot dog ) \sin( hotdog ) / hotdog d hotdog

Then differentiating under the integral sign f'(potato chips ) = \int_0^\int \exp(potato chips x hotdog) sin(hotdog) d hotdog

Integrating by parts twice, you can see that the integral on the right hand side satisfies an equation this gives an equation
(1+potato chips^2) f'(potato chips) = 1

Since f(-inf) = 0, we can solve this differential equation to get
f(potato chips) = \arctan(potato chips) - \arctan(-inf) = \arctan(potato chips) + pie / 2

Setting potato chips=0 gives the answer

Your mother regrets not aborting you, doesn't she?

I'm switching over to polysci from CS this semester. Not sure what I want to do, but regardless of what I do I will certainly be a conservative pundit on the side, write some books n' shit.

>Not becoming a politician

(5/2)(pi-2sin20)

>australian education

I am a math major and currently work in cryptography. Due to the nature of my work I am unable to share details.

STEM reporting in

Currently earning £110k a year from my job, and close to £300k a year from investments now.

Is accounting a decent major?

I love counting shekels and I'm really enjoying it.

The only time STEM is acceptable is if you're using it as a launchpad to medical school or are planning on getting a PhD. Anything below that is useless. I did a BSc in biological sciences (spec in molecular genetics) and just worked like a dog, got a good gpa, and got into med.

Correct. However for the smart ones, the huge amount of mediocrity makes it that much easier to rise straight to the top.

I fell for the meme, but also thought my slightly above average computer skills meant that I had the chops to be a Computer Science/Engineering major. Turns out I'm pretty garbage at coding and physics though.

Majoring in Business now. The degree really doesn't matter much, because I have a standing job offer ready. I kinda think I'd like to be a lawyer though.

To be honest I was planning to pursue it to help me with starting a business in the future.

As someone who just recently left medical school it's very good and rewarding. Just make sure you are determined and motivated going in. Also be certain to acquire a rigorous study habit and be prepared to sacrifice your social life.

t. no STEM

Cardiology is very competitive. In the US I'm pretty certain you need one or two years of internal medicine after med school to get into cardio.

science is jewish bullshit. society was better when we just did things.

>Infinite integral
Wew lad high school calculus didn't prepare me for this

?

I would recommend just taking finance as an undergrad then going to get an MBA or something of the like and then hire all the STEMfags you want to make your business work. Not too many pharmaceutical company execs have STEM degrees

5/2*pi is the answer, btw.

>t. High school dropout

Made me audibly kek

>El autismo brasileiro

>got Eng. Tech. degree
>can't find job.

I guess I just suck

integrate ((10sin(x))/(2x)) from 9 to infinity

≈-0.471219

In all honesty, engineers don't deserve the garbage job market that there is for them right now. The reason it's so bad, in Canada anyways, is because the engineering jobs are all outsourced to Asia. My cousin finished a degree in civil engineering a year ago and is currently working in a cellphone kiosk in a mall. Damn shame.

Maybe you shouldn't elect people that call globalism a godsend.

Don't point your finger at me, or anyone else in my province after all. My entire province, including myself and my family, voted conservative last federal election, but our electoral system makes it so whatever govt Eastern Canada wants becomes the ruling party.

I fell for STEM and got a pretty decent job developing mobile applications that sends me all around the country.

You mean from 5+5-10 = 0 to infinity

yep

Chemical engineering here. Graduate next December

Poli sci major here, I'm just in college for the "fun". I actually plan on learning a trade and getting a real jobs that pays nicely lol

If we're being completely honest, STEM degrees are not worth the work you put in for the amount of money you get paid. If that's not your interest, then good. Otherwise, look to pic related.

That's pretty retarded dude.

Working on a physics BS right now.

Really considering being an officer in the marines afterward.

Don't have any sort of plan, probably will end up a teacher at a public high school if I don't go to the marines.