Everyone tells me to read pic related for years

>Everyone tells me to read pic related for years
>put it off because I figure its overrated
>Sup Forums loves it as some kind of ultimate redpill
>decide to give it a shot
>Winston is a literal KEK who tells his girl to sleep with as many people as possible
>The hero leading the counter revolution back to a "free" society is literally a Jew named Goldstein and using degeneracy to do it
How is this redpilled? It seems like its anti Authoritarian nationalism, not anti communism/globalism. Oceania is clearly nationalistic as are Eurasia and East Asia.
If anything this is another piece of anti NatSoc propaganda.

Im not NatSoc, but such material is literally a dime a dozen. I would definitely not consider it "red pilled" especially when it revolves around a degenerate cuck like our leftists today.

>I completely missed the point and meaning of Goldstein and the revolution because I'm stupid
Ftfy

Baby's first dystopian book would be Anthem more like.

>bro, cuckolding is cool when us alt-righters do it!
no

This, so much this. If you can't grasp the finer points of this novel son i have bad news for you.

You're right. Read Brave New World instead. Much closer to our world.

And then read "non-fiction" like the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion and the New Order of Barbarians.

mine was The Giver

>"the finer points"
The only thing it did is predict how sjws would behave to rebel against "the man"
However it also portrays them in a twisted positive light. Which all in all is very blue-pilled.

There was no cuckolding, you're just an idiot. The book is a warning against authoritarianism and how pacification of the public and government power couof destroy free will. The only reason Ociana is nationalistic is because the public is tricked into thinking they're constantly at war. They have no choice but to be, otherwise the moniters come for them.
You dumb fucking nigger.

You're putting pointless labels on everybody. There are no SJWs in 1984, its only the establishment and the public.

It's a completely different world in the book. It's not preaching any ideology. It just shows the world gone wrong and how it can get stuck this way, possibly forever. And I think it's believable desu. There is no sensible way to behave if you become somehow aware of the absurdity of your situation in a world like this. It's just not for people like you. And we can see society slowly turning like this, little by little.

I don't think it's particularly anti-natsoc. Maybe it is, I don't know. To me it's just showing what happens when trying to rule people against their will, dividing them, and trying to reengineer society and people's values using force and terror. If anything the natsocs tended to support traditional values and wanted to protect their own culture. They were social integralists. People were willing, mostly.

Also, IIRC they never fully explain what Goldstein really was.

>The Protocols
This dumb nigger right here, tho.

Read Animal Farm and Brave New World as well.

1984 is not about identifying with the main character it's about how the authoritarian government operates.

>there was no cuckolding
there was, read it again.
Winston literally faps over how many men shes slept with and tells her "listen, I want you to do it with as many as possible...blah blah"

Re-read the book faggot. Seems you have forgotten it and hyped it up into some delusional nostalgic view that simply is not true.

As for what you said, Its anti Anuthoritarian Nationalism. The entity is nationalistic and forcing that on the public. Its basically a critque of how Brtibongs viewed Hitler. And what you just admitted agrees with that conclusion.

Yes let's just forget about how they control the language and thus the discourse because of it which is totally what leftists of today are trying to do and how the only "resistance" is actually controlled by the state to entrap decedents, not unlike how most Neonazi groups are headed by FBI moles. Or how because the government controls the history anything they say is true is true as people don't have access to the truth, see the "truth" about the "holocaust". Book is over all redpilled and offered many warnings about how the government can try and control every aspect of our lives, combined with Brave New World and you have the perfect blue print for how to control the public. Neither book gets it 100% right but when taken together it's one of the ultimate redpills.

The methods used to control people are what most focus on. The revisionism and overbearing police state are what most here don't like.

Animal Farm was a better critique of Communism. But it also wasn't a very good book all things considered.

> Main character isn't exactly a mary sue
> Interpreting his actions literally
> This novel doesn't reaffirm my worldview

Do you even book

>wow a guy masturbated so ill just toss the book.
The fact that nationalism is being FORCED on the public is the bad part. That's what the book is saying.

>wow a guy masturbated so ill just toss the book.
Gas yourself
The fact that nationalism is being FORCED on the public is the bad part. That's what the book is saying.

Not really. I think it portrayed them as silly. Their protests were completely pointless. They were being tolerated. When the only way to fight back people can come up with is chaos and degeneracy, then they've already lost because it makes them harmless. They might be a hindrance, but not a serious threat. Organized people are dangerous. They acted as controlled opposition. They attracted dissidents so the party would could an eye an them. The party is so powerful in the book, it doesn't really matter in the story anyway. All is already lost.

Fuck the story and plot you pleb, it's about controlling the population dipshit

None of these things happen.

OP is a fucking faggot.

>The fact that nationalism is being FORCED on the public is the bad part. That's what the book is saying.
It's fake nationalism though. The wars are just a social control mechanism at this point. The state has completely dissociated itself from its people. While being at war those countries are actually collaborating to oppress their citizens. This is the opposite of nationalism.

Arguably it's always a bit like this. But not that extreme yet.

that fully fleshed out tyrannical government and dystopian future and your little dick brain picks out the cuckolding... just fucking kys

You are ignoring the metaphysical and philosophical,arguments. Did you even,finish the book or do you just rage whenever you read a book where a woman gets laid and stop reading ?

1984 was an argument that true reality does not exist. Learn about Heisenberg uncertainty principle and you will understand more of this. You will probably just dismiss it cause "LMAO Winston is a cuck"

We never find out who Goldstein is or what means he is using, if he even exists, to carry out his revolution. The only information we get about Goldstein comes from the Party.

It was an argument that true reality does exist, but that that fact alone was deadly enough to totalitarians that they need to suppress it

>redpilled
Redpilled used to mean "exposed to the truth", now on Sup Forums people just use it as a cover word for NatSoc. LOL.

Regarding anti-Authoritarian elements: 1984 is against all forms of authoritarianism.

Also, some claim 1984 isn't "good literature" or whatever. The characters aren't that great and the story is kind of boring, etc. But that's the thing, it describes a world were there cannot be much character development. The party makes it impossible. It made people's lives inhuman and there's no escape. It describes something completely horrible and it does so really well. It's not a fun read.

Goldstein was controlled opposition. You completely misunderstood the book and sound like one of those sensitive twerps who have to make sure that every piece of media they evaluate already morally "agrees" with them before they look at it.

>>missing the point this badly

Sorry (OP) you must KYS now

Are you fucking stupid? He compares it to defying the party. The party controls sex, as the book stated that women must hate the idea of it but must do it to fulfill their duty for the party. Doing it for pleasure is enough to warrant room 101. Its not the act of having sex, but the defiance of using sex to throw it back in to the faces of the party.

Downloaded this book a few days ago. Is OP a faggot or should I read it? I'm not a big fan of reading and I don't want to waste my time on a fiction novel that would only piss me off.

>Is OP a faggot
>lurking on for Sup Forums

How new are you?

PROTIP: OP is always a faggot

I came here after reddit closed down /r/european 1-2 years ago, because the mods sometimes stickied pro-Hitler stuff. God I miss that place, it was full on redpill, not light purple like any of the other right-wing subs. Also more subscribers.