Couple rewrites ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ to show importance of consent

kfor.com/2016/12/03/couple-rewrites-baby-its-cold-outside-to-show-importance-of-consent/

>MINNESOTA – A couple from Minnesota has re-imagined the classic Christmas song “Baby It’s Cold Outside” for a 21st-century audience, changing the song’s lyrics to emphasize the importance of consent.

>Singer-songwriters Lydia Liza and Josiah Lemanski, both from Minneapolis, said they were inspired to rework the song after bonding over a mutual dislike of the original’s lyrics, which were penned in 1944 by Frank Loesser.

>The duet features a man trying to dissuade a woman from leaving a party despite her repeated protestations that she has to go home.

>“What’s in this drink?” is one of the female lines. “What’s the sense in hurtin’ my pride?” implores the male voice.

>The song’s seeming disregard for the woman’s desire to leave never sat well with Lemanski or Liza.

>“I’ve always had a big problem with the song. It’s so aggressive and inappropriate,” said Lemanski, 25.

>Liza, 22, said she felt the same way as her boyfriend.

>“We started thinking of the open-ended questions that song has,” she said. “You never figure out if she gets to go home. You never figure out if there was something in her drink. It just leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.”

>So Wednesday night, the couple decided to write a complete set of new lyrics.

>“We wrote the whole thing in an hour and then we went back and used my little demo-recording microphone and did that in 15 minutes,” Liza recalled.

>And though the melody is still the same, the lyrics strike an entirely new chord.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ScZVcNLfHw0
genius.com/4510028
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

P.S. Fucking kill yourself, Minnesota

Haven't cringed this hard in weeks.

How can cucks like this enjoy their life?

>How can cucks like this enjoy their life?
they can't, and that's why they're entire raison d'etre is to make the lives of other people less enjoyable

they are scum

Fucking hope the melody is still copywrited and they get sued to dirt cookie status

Lol I've always thought that song sounded rapey. Like he keeps blocking her from leaving and giving her drinks.

Ok reading this, they made it really fucking gay. They could have still made him able to persuade her making it sound less rapey, but they went the girl is a 5 year old route and the guy is a fedora tipper.

I just kiss, I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything — grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.

>(((Liza)))
>(((Lemanski)))

the west is such a fucking joke

You should see how they talk to each other. It's like one person nods and they all follow suit. One person disapproves and then they repeat the process. This is a typical liberal conversation.

>(((Frank Loesser)))
And here we see the Jews Jewing the Jews. This is what happens when a drug dealer samples it product: the Progressive Jew.

To think, someone wasted valuable time to report on this and probably got paid to do so

I never knew you could cut the balls off a song. It's basically a boring parody at this point.

no shit help us !!! Iran you are mans last hope

Didn't some feminist of all people actually disprove that the song is about date rape? 40s vernacular have different meanings than the same words today.

Leave it to liberals to deface a piece of culture over their own ignorance.

I fucking hate the internet. It's turned people into grandstanding, virtue signaling, narcissistic, attention whores. They amplify and echo one another and give eachother pats on the back for how good they are, and thus reinforce this new empty morality.

Why rewrite the song? There's nothing wrong with the original. It's a fucking classic, and if you don't fucking like it, write one yourself.

Are we going to release books with different endings now because people don't like how the original ended? Are we going to start editing movies to fit into the ideological framework of the viewers? Is that where this is all headed?

Fuck consent. I've never asked, nor received, consent in my entire life. If a girl doesn't want to fuck, it's pretty easy to tell. If she does, asking a bunch of idiotic questions spoils the mood and makes you look like an insecure faggot.

Women don't want their men to be pussies. They want OTHER men to be pussies. But their man should fold them over the couch and fuck them and pull their hair, bite their neck, and tear her panties off... That's what women want - a bunch of neutered cucks so long as she's not fucking him. The instant sex starts, they forget all about these dumb fucking 'rules'.

"Baby it's POZZed outside" did it better desu
youtube.com/watch?v=ScZVcNLfHw0

The internet doesn't create these people, it's just a communication tool

I live in Minnesota and have seen firsthand what the lgbt politically correct blm crowd is like. They have absolutely no idea who they are really empowering. If you ever tried to educate them on who runs the world I guarantee they'd interrupt five seconds in and give you a lecture on tolerance, bigotry, etc. Many of them are very quick to anger and openly condone violence against basically anyone who doesn't automatically agree with them.

The internet deluded these tools into thinking that their absurd beliefs matter... And then gathering enough of them together to the point that their ridiculous beliefs now actually do matter.

Those kinda people have always existed, the internet just is the most powerful tool to give them a hard-on.

Internet just gives fringe groups the ability to stay relevant by producing the most content

Don't forget that this also applies to us, and that too much SJW pisses people off whereas memes don't

Someone complains about this song every christmas.

The cuck lyric explanations in this are pretty impressive.

genius.com/4510028

Too bad we aren't allowed to kill them now, are we?
Normally exposing yourself like this would be an instant ticket to the mental asylum, but nobody is giving these idiots the belt whipping they deserve.

>tfw soon these people will start rewriting Elvis and Frank Sinatra songs