Dad's desperate plea prompts lifetime supply of cups for boy with autism

>The 14-year-old, who has severe autism, has drunk from the distinctive two-handled cup since he was a toddler. He refuses to sip from anything else even after it resulted in more than one trip to the hospital due to dehydration.

>Such was his son's reliance on drinking from the cup that he'd twice been admitted to hospital with severe dehydration when without it, Carter said.

Source: edition.cnn.com/2016/11/30/health/tommee-tippee-sippy-cup-autistic-boy-trnd/

So basically, he won't drink out of anything other than that cup even if it means that he will die.

What does Sup Forums think of this? What is the rational thing to do in this case?

What would you have done personally?

Make Selection Natural Again

Fpbp

less sad than you wanting to make a thread and finally deciding that a thread about cups would be the go

Keep in mind, presumably he's not just autistic, he's a full on non functioning in society retard.

I bet you 300 lbs neckbeard with bad joints and glasses, would die in 2 seconds if that was the case.

lot of loyalty for a two-handed cup

Its never too late to abort

I also bet you can't formulate a comprehensible English sentence.

Let the pro-life activists take care of him.

Seems like a non issue

kid needs a cup or he'll die

he has the cup

i.e. autistic

the internet has devalued the word

he's a big autismo

Pol has been taking threads off reddit lately

UU
UU

Imagine there was a superhero who went around murdering autistic children, thereby free their parents from a life of suffering

I wonder how people would react

if I took that cup away from him would he die?

let the tard have the sippy cup

4 u

His son looks like a fugly fat chick

Autism is the product of natural selection, the world will become increasingly autistic.
Obviously heavy autism like the story of OP is not favorable in any way. But minor autism is a great advances, it will make you better with numbers, it will increase your devotion to a given task.

Think of it as Sickle cell disease, a blood disease where your hemoglobin is fucked up so your ability to transport oxygen throughout your body is impaired, most of the people that have the disease will not reach the age where they can reproduce. Yet this diseases is entirely heritable.
As it turns out if you inherit one gene with this diseases and one gene without this diseases, then you don't get the diseases but you become virtually immune for malaria.
So in some weird way, the genes related to the disease has been evolutionary favored for in areas where malaria is.

The same applies to autism.

it would be extremely painful

fuck autists let the dumb fucker die.

don't you mean extremely dry

We need to come up with a word to distinguish severe autism from mild autism.

sautism/mautism

CWCism

smells like a scam