This movie is going to tank, I can feel it in my bones...

This movie is going to tank, I can feel it in my bones. All the normies got their "le im a nerd XD omg i love star wars" fix last year, and I don't see anywhere near as much hype for this one. Not to mention its confusing to people who dont understand the timeline of where this movie falls, hence the "omg wurz ray, whos dark vader??"

When will libcucks quit trying to fit their political agenda in our entertainment. Guess they'll have to learn the hard way.

This could have been a cool movie had they just used Kyle Katarn instead of making him an independent strong womyn

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e_wer0DAsu4
youtube.com/watch?v=dW1BIid8Osg
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-writers-get-political-will-anti-trump-tweets-hurt-rogue-one-949023
cinemablend.com/news/1522810/the-female-oceans-11-remake-is-putting-together-an-incredible-cast
imdb.com/title/tt3778644/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's definitely going to tank among older Star Wars fans who know that Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors stole the Death Star plans, not these fucking nobodies.

Star Wars tanked the EU so they wouldn't have to pay anyone a time.

jar jar is the sith master

Normies might not bite this.
It's well known that they prefer their Fantasy with swords not spaceships.
Saying that everyone knows who darth vader is, but you're right about the timeline being messed up, if it's not addressed then it'll be a cluster fuck.

it's not going to tank.

don't kid yourself

Fuck off cunt, I was old enough to see Empire and i've never read a single book or played a videogame since the 80's.
Nobody gives a fuck about whoever Kyle Katarn is supposed to be.

No it's not, the same way a blizzard game is never going to tank too, no matter how shit.

>All the normies got their "le im a nerd XD omg i love star wars" fix last year,

this is me.

I'm also not watching this new star wars, not because of politics but because I no longer care about star wars

>record ticket pre sale
>tank

pick one

The designs are straight out of the 80s toy figurines the old nerds will love it

Don't think it will tank unfortunately

It wont do as well as The Shit Awakens but I think Disney was expecting that and don't care because it will make back its budget, maybe not in the box office but in that sweet, sweet merchandise

Kek will reveal this movie to be SJW propaganda.

Why are American normies so normie?

We're already getting redpilled here in limeycuckstan

report to your local imam for reprogramming.

you are retarded if you think this movie will tank btw

gonna need a source on that image. if thats real wtf

Star Wars IP is far too big to fail and it's backed by Disney that makes bank on toys and shit over ticket sales. Ifi t performs poorly at the box office it will just give the left ammo to continue call us racist sexist whatever the fuck else they feel like saying and if it does wel they'll parade around the stronk ineurpendent womyn and multiculturism that people want so it's a lose/lose situation. Just pirate it and save the money for something else.

I'm not gonna say if you're right or wrong, because I have no gut feeling about this movie myself. But I am an older fan who knows who Kyle Katarn is and I won't be seeing Rogue One.

By killing the EU, Disney killed my whole interest in their take on the franchise. I didn't even watch Ep 7, not even out of morbid curiosity.

>star wars
>cool movie
Pick one. Unless you are 12, in which case feel free to pick both.

You know a movie has to do reeeeally bad to tank, right? Even that CGI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles made enough for a sequel. Transformers is widely regarded as a terrible series and yet enough people kept watching for like what, 5 movies? 6?
This will absolutely get by on name alone. It'll be a mix of idiots who think it's next in the series after the last one, and children. Actual children, and man-children.

The kind of people who would avoid a movie because it's SJW are still commonly millennial man-children who will see it because it's Star Wars.

I don't know anyone really interested by this and I'm encouraging those that lean towards it not to see it. There's none of the enthusiasm there was towards Force Awakens so we might just be able to get some inroads here.

Also need to encourage the autist hardcore nerd fans to boycott it and tell others to because muh revisionism, muh unfaithful to EU.

We just have to push the right buttons on this one and it'll flop.

Movies fail to break even all the time, even big movies. Even Disney movies.

He did say that, then retracted it and apologised after it unleashed a shitstorm of complaints to Disney.

ye lol
Sup Forums bfto
drumfp will lose too

they tweeted it after the election but since deleted them, I think someone might still have the archive links

Cast of the next Oceans Eleven. Mark my words.

Its absolutely real, kinda wish I'd save those twitter screencaps but alas.

It's Star Wars. It's gonna do well even if it's bad.

>Dark Vaper
holy shit my sides

The writers for the movie are extreme SJWs. They tried virtue signaling HARD with the script of the movie. It was a big deal about a month or so back.

Haven't been following SW since it went full leftist propaganda... but did they really retcon Kyle and Jade stealing the Deathstar plans?

Fuck this industry.

>all-female remake
>cast four trannies

>Nobody gives a fuck about whoever Kyle Katarn is supposed to be.

Just kill yourself, grandpa

I'm not watching any more (Hollywood) propaganda

I praise kek that it will shit the bed.

It's real, fuck their ))))))movies(((((( they're not even worth a download.

youtube.com/watch?v=e_wer0DAsu4

it will make a billion dollars.

Every SW fan will go see it even if they grumble the whole way through it.

>star wars holiday special doesn't exist

It's Star Wars, yes, but here's a couple of things that could work against it:
>release timing: SW movies typically had about 3 years in between, both for the OT and the prequels. This is coming out only a year after the last one, Marvel-style. So the hype cycle had much less time to spin up.
>it's a spinoff, not an episode. Spinoffs are unproven. For all we know it might only generate EU-tier profits
>the novelty of there being a new SW movie has worn off. Ep 2 of the prequels made less than the other two due to reduced novelty. Rogue One may receive the same effect.

Everyone who's see the press preview has thought it was amazing. Not sure why you're so offended by having a female main character, but there's plenty of movies from the last 100 years where the main character looks like you.
Also fuck off back to

I wish this was the final arc they used.

Im a sw fan but not gonna see this garbage.

Thanks Sup Forums.

>Rogue Juan: A no walls story

boycott the fucking fuck out of it

I'll watch it, but I'm not going to pay for it.

So what if they call us names? They'll do it anyways and if I don't see it at least they'll do it without my money.

I bet you like revenge of the sith and the other prequels, don't you faggot.
Omg lightsabers are so le kewl xdxdxdxd

I'll pay to watch it, but I won't like it

Then you're the problem

Fuck off, man, the EU has some of the best stories in Star Wars - Kyle Katarn's is one of them.

Revan's story, for example, is way better than the OT and it's part of the EU.

oh its another pol wet dream. it wont tank be real.

You people may actually be retarded if you think that this movie isn't going to be a bigger success than the force awakens

Holy fuck Yoda is kek

checked

>Implying the PT wasn't pure kino

I want RLM shitters to leave

Don't care to see in theaters.
Will only watch empire scenes when they eventually get to jewtube.

As a lifelong fan of Star Wars, I hope it fails. I hate the idea of spinoffs and if they keep making numbered episodes after 9, I'll probably stop caring.

>not seeing the pattern
someone's not autistic lol

What's the problem with the movie?

Just another boring hollywood CGI fest, but with a known brand name slapped on.

Am I aloud to like this movie or is it degenerate because Star Lord encourages species mixing?

youtube.com/watch?v=dW1BIid8Osg

I hope it tanks mainly because the rehash was complete shit.

Anyone who wasnt a baby when the prequels came out or with half a brain knows that they were garbage without RLM

Just watched the trailer. It looks like the MC is again some random girl. My reaction is just meh..
Also,
>muh freedumb
>muh hope
>muh ebil empire

I'd like to see one star wars film completely written from the sith side. They could even throw the typical "all is relative to one's viewpoint" bullshit, if they wanted.

At least Guardians 2 looks funny unlike this serious tone Rouge One has

Also fucking =/= reproducing

>Implying most of Sup Forums didn't species mix in mass effect
There is nothing wrong with banging ayys

Upboat Kyle Katarn threads

Read Kyle Katarn posts

Always respond politely to Kyleposters

>implying Sup Forums plays video games
Fuck off reddit

>tfw there will never be a movie showing the prosperity and security the empire provides for the galaxy while BTFO disgusting rebel alliance scum

t. Guy that watches anime

well episode VII was shit. glad i didnt pay to see this shit.

I'm not going to see this movie for the very reason that it's a spinoff and it is the first sign that Disney is going to run this franchise into the ground. Here is how it's going to go:
>2015 episode VII
>2016 spinoff
>2017 episode VIII
>2018 spinoff
>2019 episode IX
>2020 spinoff

If you don't think that this is exactly how it's going to go you are deluding yourself. Disney is going to double the amount of Star Wars movies now that they have the rights to it. Star Wars will be no different than superhero garbage in a few years.

Who is the actress playing jyn? From all the trailer scenes ive watched she has all the delivery of wet cardboard. I get it, shes supposed to be super intimidating, edgy badazz pilot, but she has zero personality.

"This is a rebellion isnt it? I rebel."

digits and movie tanks

praise frog god

I forsee disney getting nervous about the other 4 or 5 planned spin off films when this one underperforms

it won't totally tank, but it won't bring in as much money as they expect, nobody will care

disney can rot

I haven't seen a Star Wars film since last century

I liked the shadows of the empire game a lot but yeah this

Link

If the Rebellion is so diverse why do they snub Aliens?
>Look at how diverse and multicultural we are
>Ew gross who invited that Rodian? Like get him out of here

WTF IS THIS SHIT?
This has nothing to do with Sup Forums

There's been a seriously increase in "what are pol approved films" and "what or pol approved vidya" threads.

Makes a gentile man wonder.

Led by brave white women

Why are white women lumped in with minorities when faggots talk like this?

so, episode 1?

Nigger you're in pol

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-writers-get-political-will-anti-trump-tweets-hurt-rogue-one-949023

probably, watched it in the cinema and hated it, liked Lord of the Rings but only because of Aragorn

cinemablend.com/news/1522810/the-female-oceans-11-remake-is-putting-together-an-incredible-cast
user I...

It's just Hollywood jacking off over diversity and PC shit to the nth degree. If you watch the trailers, the empire is made up of a bunch of evil white people, and of course they are stopped by a ragtag group of women and "people of color".

Remember when everyone thought that new ghostbusters shit film was going to flop? It eventually made it's money back. Star Wars is much bigger than GB, so it will make money simply on its name alone.

Yeah this they just said rebels stole it in the movie eh? Idk what's in the comic books because I have a life

It won't tank lets not kid ourselves. It will make back its budget and then some and make a killing in merchandise like SW shit always does. I think it will be noticeably less successful than previous films though which will be a beginning of the end of the franchise's untouchable status at the box office. Star Wars will become like Transformers, successful enough financially to keep churning out shitty movies and merchandise but not particularly memorable in terms of content.

Me: That's funny, Diego Luna isn't playing Kyle katarn

Dickhead lefty mate: No one cares about your 80's bullshit EU, we've gotta change with the times!

I know it won't but god I wish this film would tank, the sad thing is if it did, Disney would rather say it's because Star Wars is dying rather than admitting they are fucking it with virtue signalling and meeting diversity quotas

I don't care if it tanks or not. If it's got a SJW plot then I will not bother. I haven't watched TV since Trump declared. I probably won't go see this if it's SJW tripe.

I've got some bad news for you:
imdb.com/title/tt3778644/

They're retconning Han Solo.

Please. Half a billion or more. People are stupid. Vader hasn't been in a movie for a decade

Bullshit. Star Wars is dead.

Fuck Star Wars that shit is for manchildren

SW killed the European Union?

Kill ya self

my waifu felicity fucking jones is in this movie so FUCK YOU this movie is going to be the best star wars now

Ep1 made about a billion, Ep2 made about 600m...pretty huge difference yeah