Hows Italy doing?

Hows Italy doing?
arent they having some refferendum or election stuff today?

What are we hoping for there Sup Forums?

Nothing. There's nothing happening here, nothing to see. Move along, citizen.

Bookies have NO in the lead

NO for what?
What would NO mean?

havent been paying attention on that shoe lately.

and since when did bookies have it right? i could make 10 times my money on a Trump win

Bump

I know it's something about halving the members of parliament from 360 to 100, because its easier to bribe less people.

But there are more topics on the agenda.

there is a referendum about changing the parlamentary system by basically removing the senate (or rather reduce its power drastically) and give more power to the central government on certain issues like great infrastructures

the PM Renzi (center-left) has put his government on the line saying he'd resign if NO won
election would follow with M5S favourites to win
M5S is anti-system but hasn't any clear project on any pressing issues, they just focus on "fighting the great powers" whatever that means

>because its easier to bribe less people.
fucking kek,

i heard on the news that italian refferendums are very comlicated, would be nice with some recap from a Sup Forumsacks perspective.

also there was some shit about a second body(Chamber or Agency - dont remember its name) that participates in passing laws. Yes means to abolish it so it's easier to pass laws from the first body (no idea what it;s name is either).

Someone explain this shit properly.

>the PM Renzi (center-left) has put his government on the line saying he'd resign if NO won
>election would follow with M5S favourites to win
>M5S is anti-system but hasn't any clear project on any pressing issues, they just focus on "fighting the great powers" whatever that means

so in short, the refferendum is on centralizing power or decentralizing it?

and if you dont, the current coalition/government resigns?

M5S is a political party, i presume. Are they anti EU? might there be a refferendum if they got to power?

>Checks M5S wikipedia page
>Ideology -> simply "Populism"
kek

What about immigrants. There was talk about granting citizenship to 1 million refugees so they can scatter around Europe

i got loads more

EU will fall.

centralizing powers to the state AND the europe, plus feminazi bullshit in costitution (gender quotas in politics)

Besides protectionism and maybe environmentalism, I don't see any policies coming from those labels.

How much influence does the Vatican have in Italy? I mean, centralizing powers that way is pretty much against what they preach.

Only atheist commies love this pope.

this is simply false

this vote has nothing to do with immigrants
i guess you could say that if Renzi falls, Lega has a chance of getting a good result in the following elections (they are the main anti-immigration party), but they won't win so it's a very indirect relation if any

The Pope is not the Vatican.
Still, does it have any influence or not?

it's a part of it, yes, but it's not a very drastic change
the most drastic part is the marginalization of the senate to speed up the law making process

yes

they are mildly anti-EU but they are mostly anti-Euro (as in the currency)
if there is a referendum it would be about returning to Lira more than leaving the union altogether

it does
a few years ago there was a referendum about ART and the Church openly said not to go vote

if the turnup was less than 50% it would automatically fail
it was 25%

Yes we want EU puppet Renzi out.

Why is speeding up the lawmaking process a good thing? What laws are there that don't exist that you would like to see passed?

When results?

Tonight