If elephant tusks are so expansive...

If elephant tusks are so expansive, then why haven't Africans domesticated these animals to make stable and legal profit from it?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/01/160122-Hume-South-Africa-rhino-farm/
youtu.be/wOmjnioNulo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Animal husbandry isn't part of African culture. They don't domesticate anything.

>niggers

>obtaining bronze age technology

Probably the 70 IQ

Best quality ivory is from the specimen that suffered the most. you cannot cultivate elephants they do not grow tusks in captivity

Domesticating something requires planning and intelligence.

Africans are capable of neither.

because niggers are fucking retarded and would still be living in mud huts living of twigs and berries if it wasn't for colonisation

1.) Domestication takes hundreds of years to say the least

2.) It requires capital

3.) Greens would throw a shitfit, government would ban or tax you to shit.

4.) Do you know how much a giant herd of elephants eat? You'd just be losing money

5.)
>nigs
>agriculture

This

Can't domesticate creatures that are more intelligent and empathetic than you.

how long do you think it takes an elephant to fully grow?

>why haven't Africans domesticated these animals
Africans are the missing link between humans and monkeys, they can use simple tools at most

>North Africans had tamed elephants
>Asians still have tamed elephants
>Sub-Saharans still have no tamed elephants and have never had tamed elephants

Really joggins my knoggin

Great posts, burgerbros

All ivory tusked animals are trying to evolve and not grow tusks now but won't happen in time. It's like, anything chinks covet, will soon go extinct, it's basic math.

You can selective bread them to make it faster.

This.

Do you actually think niggers can have the patience to wait for an elephant to grow to full size?

> Implying you can't abuse the elephant in captivity for muh tusks.
> Foie gras?

Mostly because you're a fucking idiot.

1, 2 & 4 are accurate. 3 is nonsense and 5 is ridiculous.

What, because if there was a profit to be made in domesticating elephants, everyone who isn't black would be like "whelp we don't live in Africa so let's not try that?"

Are you retarded? Psych: that's not a question we really need you to answer.

Elephants eat 200-600 pounds of food, per day. They drink 50 gallons of water, per day. Do the math per hectare, and a stable population of tusk-producing elephants takes you ten years and three or four decent-sized countries of agriculture before your first crop comes in.

It is an insane proposition that would never, ever, come anywhere close to being profitable.

There's a rhino farm in South Africa.
The owner is white though...

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/01/160122-Hume-South-Africa-rhino-farm/

Elephants aren't profitable to raise into adults if all you get is one set of tusks. If you remove the tusks and leave the animal alive that is inhuman or something probably.

It is only practical to kill already grown elephants in the wild.

They are retards

And don't forget, assuming the operation even manages to keep going that long without going under, 90% of your 'crop' would probably get poached.

Elephants are not horses, they need like 10 years to even reach sexual maturity and they aren't even fully grown then, they eat and shit a lot, so I doubt it that the fucking chinks would wait for 10 years to make their gook lockets or whatever the fuck they make out of tusks.

And another thing: scarcity is the value. If you could devote entire nations to producing the food for your tusk-herds, and actually could wait a decade for your first crop, and supply enough clean water and space and ridiculously-complex veterinary requirements necessary for breeding, the value of your product would crash the instant it hit the market. Because without scarcity, it's just a fucking tooth.

Why not selectively breed elephants to have small bodies and big tusks, and faster growth cycles?

Do you even know about supply and demand? Produce a large amount of ivory and the price drops. The scarcity is why prices are so high.

>yfw the animal world is evolving but niggers never change.

Because domestication is more complicated than you think: youtu.be/wOmjnioNulo

It depends on availability of ivory. If there is none to be had, then it suddenly makes sense to grow the elephant for the tusks. How much would a farm growing mammoths would make now? It's not competitive because there are free elephants walking around there. Once there are no free poachable elephants it suddenly makes sense to farm.

Because I won't be around to see the profits of my first crop, two thousand years from now.

Selective breeding isn't magic. You can't just say "oh well, selectively breed it and we can produce anything we want, lickity-split." These are elephants, mofugga. You want them poodle-sized? Sure: you could induce and encourage dwarfism.

Of course it'll wipe out half your herd each generation as mothers try to produce babies too big for their bodies. But that's alright: after all, it's not like elephants are one of the longest living, slowest-gestating, slowest-maturing mammals on the planet.

>to make their gook lockets or whatever the fuck they make out of tusks.
Aphrodisiacs and penis cremes.

... I wish I was joking, but no. 90% of poaching funded by the Chinese goes to shit like that and the other 10% goes to retarded home remedies.

Mostly because it isn't possible to sell ivory on the world market because of CITES. The ivory from elephants that get culled in game farms and nature reserves either gets stockpiled or destroyed. This is retarded as all this does is open the door wide open for poachers to sell ivory on the black market.

>Best quality ivory is from the specimen that suffered the most. you cannot cultivate elephants they do not grow tusks in captivity
>that suffered the most
I bet the niggers could do it better than nature. Plus all that domesticated elephant meat could feed a few starving villagers.

CRISPR? I think the time frame for creating genetic freaks has shortened significantly.

desu I'd rather kill all the niggers and leave Africa for the elephants.

Then why haven't the elephants domesticated the Africans? Checkmate atheist.

Elephants take way too long to breed to use them as livestock.

ivory is used for retarded shit, it's basically teeth

You could probably make an economically feasible Ivory farm based around Walrus Tusks. They could systematically implant GPS tracking devices into growing Walrus, then harvest them once they reached maturity. They could be allowed to roam freely through the arctic, feeding themselves, thus negating the economic cost of domestically feeding and housing them.

However, I don't know if the chinks believe Walrus tusks make their peepee's bigger, so their may not be sufficient demand for it. Though it seems like it would be fairly simple to create a new folk belief in the potency of any product amongst chinese apothecaries, it's amazing people aren't exploiting it. Someone could make a million dollars if they convinced Chairman chang that ground white tailed deer antlers make "you ruve her rong time."

why dont they use elephant stem cells to grow more ivory

>Africans
You answered your own question, dumbass.

Elephants don't need to be domesticated. If the elephant population in a game reserve gets too big, they end up causing massive damage to the trees. That's why up until fairly recently, elephants were culled to keep the population in check. The ivory can be harvested from the culled elephants and sold legally on the world market.

>Can't domesticate creatures that are more intelligent and empathetic than you.
They've seen to do a pretty good job of doing that on white people

why domesticate useless animals?