Anybody else here increasingly tempted to leave society, especially cities and large towns...

Anybody else here increasingly tempted to leave society, especially cities and large towns, and move to an isolated cabin in the wilderness?

Related vid: youtube.com/watch?v=_3NRdZ8J24Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pjHjZNbDJEA
youtu.be/I_mg9GgujS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think about it daily, but I don't know it I could ever live solely off the land, it's so easy to starve or freeze to death.

I live close to the mountains, many times I feel like walking to a remote place and building a hut to stay in on weekends. Kind of like the Primitive Technologies guy on jewtube

Not really. The further away from civilisation you live the more you rely on the support of others, their honesty and kindness, their charity. You rely on commerce and interaction far more living in the middle of nowhere than you do in town.

tl;dr living in the middle of nowhere is shit.

gl idiots

all land is owned .. you cant just move there and claim it

The dude is gonna carve a spoon out of a log. Litterally taking 6 to 9 hours out of his day. To say thanks for some cookies.

Carving a spoon for some cookies. Think about that for a second

I think about it probably weekly, but I would miss what are now basics like electricity and Sup Forums

not necessarily that isolated, but I already have a home in a small countryside village, and my family owns some land, I'd like to try and get as independent as possible, although the lot is pretty small and needs some serious fertilization

I can't stand living in the city.

It took him 2 hours

Not really, leaving the city and living in a cabin/small house would be fine but i wouldn't want to live like its 1850 again. Not a problem though, here you can live in the woods, never see your neighbors and still have 100/100 internet

Didn't claim you could.

Isn't necessarily true. You don't have a boss to impress, a landlord to answer to, social expectations to satisfy, artificial desires and standards to struggle to achieve.

I think about it all the time... but when I actually get close to leaving it all behind I get so homesick even though I haven't gone anywhere. For some reason is very unsettling.

that must be satisfying as fuck

Whats wrong with that?

Also
>Cayman Islands
>white
pick one

>he doesn't understand how massive Canada is
I could drive two hours north and find myself in completely isolated wilderness, nobody would ever find me even if they wanted to.

>mfw I didn't realise how big Canada was until I had to explain to someone how overcrowded Britain is
>pic related

That's the plan and should be everyone's plan. There is this trend of demonizing a purer, simpler, traditional life. There is nothing that will make you happier than being connected to nature

Sup Forums is pretty much the only thing I'd miss. I'd take an iPod and just cycle to a library to recharge it every week or so.

Yeah when everything goes to shit.

>There is nothing that will make you happier than being connected to nature
Nature is god.

True story

just need a job working over the net

Yes, a friend and I have often discussed buying a plot of land to set up our libertarian dude-fort. Women can come, but they get kicked out if they turn bitchy.

>when I actually get close to leaving it all behind I get so homesick even though I haven't gone anywhere. For some reason is very unsettling.

A little cabin with a good chunk of hunting ground, a fishing lake and a small store a couple of kilometers away would be comfy as fuck.

Your stats are fucked up, Canada is larger than Oz, yet Oz has more habitable area with a lower overall percentage.

>Women can come, but they get kicked out if they turn bitchy.
big mistake

Very tempted but I have two kids so not an option. I do have access to my dad's land up on the mountain, but still too many people around. Best bet for me would be to slip off into a national forest somewhere.

>he didn't apply to be a janitor on Sup Forums

Missed the boat on that one guy. I heard they make $15 an hour and you get to work from wherever you like.

If you record while you hunt/grow your own food, cut your own wood and other things like that you could probably get enough money from youtube to buy for a pallet of flour, some cooking oil etc, pay for the internet and some other things.

so, next month then?

Australia is meant to be 296,990 sq miles. I don't even know how I made that mistake because those Australia numbers don't even come into anything. I realised that at the time too and made another one amending it, but because I can't find the other one, it seems like I've deleted the correct one and stupidly kept the incorrect one.

youtube.com/watch?v=pjHjZNbDJEA

Some motivational video series for those who think they "can not make it"

This is video series of over 90 years old man who was BLIND, but used alone in the middle of woods. Went fishing, used dynamite, grew most of his own food during the summer and general forestry and maintaining his cabin.

It´s not even joke video, this guy did 90% of the things while being blind as a bat. Build all sorts of primitive radio signal radars for his fishing trips that he left in the shore so he would not get lost. Just watch it.

If this blind guy can do it, why not you?

Already did, was in the Uk Military now live in the North of Italy surrounded by water and a forest, no neighbours for km's. Internet is super dogshite, cured me of my gaming habit though. I like to spend nights on the "Calvario" WW1 battle sight, found some bones in a boot once, loads of UXO. Got a based wife from N Yorkshire and two kids, two dogs and a horse. Come at me lefties, I have a lot of land for you to get "lost" in.

nah, better fight the system, watch it collapse

Not that extreme, but I do own a cabin that I spend my summer vacation in. Only an hour away from the next village with a store, and I can get cellphone/3g reception.

But it is located somewhat close to a small farm, and I know the family that runs it. I am connected to the power-grid. Would be somewhat isolated, but not in a extreme way. I am often tempted to move there permanently. Got a earth cellar for long term storage, could join the yearly hunt for meat or buy some from the farm. Live of my savings and maybe do some work online. Could buy some land from the farmers, they have more than they actually have time to cultivate.

you can run but you cant hide. read ted kaczynkis manifesto. he was right.

It's hard work. Prepare to spend your entire day on survival.

bump because im stalking this thread

my keyboard is missing half of its keys because csgo, so im using on screen keyboard

2 lazy to look for my spare

I'm a scout, I've lived a few days in a god forsaken shack in the middle of the forest with no running water, the mosquitos are a pain, and I once spent whole summer in a place with no normal toilet, only the outdoor little shed and you can only get water from the well, dear god what a pain in the ass that was, imagine waking up at 6AM on a cold day with full bladder and you have to leave the house to pee

yeah right bro, just do it within range of a small town. thoreau did it for almost no money and minimal time investmentffffffffff

Thunder Bucket

A bucket (usually kept under the bed) used to deficate in before the use of indoor plumbing.
Mom, its too fucking cold to go all the way to the outhouse, im using the thunder bucket.

I'd absolutely suicide out of loneliness. After some time the survival high would wear off and then you're pretty much just stuck playing real life Banished for the rest of your life

Now if there was a small community to do with, a possible wife and a family to raise? That'd be nice, yeah. But alone would quickly turn into a nightmare

If you're going to leave completely innawoods survival will eat up your entire day.

What you're talking about is going NEET in a rural are. It's not bad, but forget online gaming ping.

No need to go to such extremes. Just move to a small city, rent a place on the edge of that city and live there. You won't have to worry about heating, plumbing and the internet but nobody will ever bother you. That's how I've been living for the past year and it's very comfy. I live my apartment once a week to buy some food and other than that I live in complete peace.

I live in a trailer on an isolated butte ouside Eugene Oregon. I can do whatever the hell I want including archery and javelin throwing. 20minutes into town. cellphone can only handle emergency calls so im only texted. Life is amazing. air is amazing out here.

you can get it down to basic fire tending and minimal chores after all the hard work though

maybe 1-2hrs. per day spent on cooking cleaning washing and fire

You guys know what we should do? Start a new society. Literally. Get some 20-30 Sup Forumsacks together, and live on an island secluded from humanity with our own laws and shit.

threat theme
youtu.be/I_mg9GgujS4

This guy has been on Swedish television, he is bretty cool.

IIRC he has made a huge basement with dynamite just for shits and giggles.

>imagine waking up at 6AM on a cold day with full bladder and you have to leave the house to pee
Damn, you're right.

If only there was some kind of waterproof containers that you could stick your penis into.

Yes. He had to use "illegal" dynamite since government find out that a blind man was using dynamite, so he lost his "permits" to use it. So he had a friend who would get him the dynamite since government naturally did not want blind man having TNT-supplies.

>If only there was some kind of waterproof containers that you could stick your penis into.
w...women?

as long as I had my hobbies I could easily do it, I'm halfway there now

There are mountains in South Africa?

REEEEEEEEE
THIS IS ALL I WANT!!!!

Living the dream! Yeah helps to be close enough to a town unless you are Dick Proenneke, even then his brother was air lifting supplies into him every month or so.

exactly, this is a good project if you do it with some other dudes, humans need some sort of tribe to survive, not just food and water

Thinking about it a lot but electricity is a must for me.

they do it for free faggot...

>they do it for free faggot...

>being this autistic

>Anybody else here increasingly tempted to leave society, especially cities and large towns, and move to an isolated cabin in the wilderness?

Me
Definitely.
I have often thought of moving to Redditch or Bromsgrove. Redneck country like that

>not one of you looked at the flag

its a lot harder than you think