Italian Referendum: heavy NO victory

>Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has suffered a heavy defeat in a referendum over his plan to reform the constitution, exit polls suggest. An exit poll on state broadcaster RAI suggests 42-46% voted to back reform, compared with 54-58% voting No. Two other polls gave the No vote a similar lead of at least 10 points. Mr Renzi, who has said he would resign if he lost the vote, is due to make a statement at midnight (23:00 GMT) from his official residence in Rome.

>The referendum was regarded as a barometer of anti-establishment sentiment in Europe.

bbc com/news/world-europe-38204189

Italian sources

corriere it/referendum-costituzionale-2016/notizie/referendum-costituzionale-2016-risultati-860b84aa-ba6a-11e6-99a2-8ca865283c9e.shtml
repubblica it/speciali/politica/referendum-costituzionale2016/2016/12/04/news/risultati_referendum_2016-153452780

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_constitutional_referendum,_2016
youtube.com/watch?v=0uC63ZdCdro
youtube.com/watch?v=p7FN_UXHb0Q&feature=youtu.be&t=2m32s
liveleak.com/view?i=e43_1479914309
youtube.com/watch?v=zAx0t3O55Zo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why did he want to reform it

all you need to know
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_constitutional_referendum,_2016

basically it is (apparently would have, eh) a reform to put an end to the perfect bicameral system that govern system, plus some other things

apparently I can't even English now, thanks Italian education!

>captcha: pizzaria

I lack perspective on your government. Would the reform expand it or shrink it?

short answer: shrink

>I lack perspective on your government. Would the reform expand it or shrink it?

You know how the federal structure of the US gives each individual state some power to determine its own laws. Italy does something similar. The proposed "reforms" in Italy would have done away with that and given the central Italian government far more power.

>yfw Italian Blackshirts cuck the shit out of the Germanics

happy to be on the winning side

This. And the central government is shit.

happy to be on the winning side... ppic attached my vote

>mfw italians don't want no figa bianca

youtube.com/watch?v=0uC63ZdCdro

what party would field the next PM? is this actually a victory or does this just have mild nationalist connections

youtube.com/watch?v=p7FN_UXHb0Q&feature=youtu.be&t=2m32s

translated:
Thanks everybody, anyway. In a few minutes I'll be live from Palazzo Chigi.
P.S. I'm coming, I'm coming! :)

Ok now that Renzi is down.

Who the fuck do we even fucking vote? There is NOT EVEN ONE (1) DECENT PARTY OR GUY TO BE ELECTED.

I'm not saying that Renzi was good, I'm just saying that yes or not Italy is fucked anyway. No point in celebrating this victory, because it's hollow as fuck. We don't get assfucked today, but we'll be tomorrow.

>SWAG NeGri

Salvenee?

tldr:

1)governement would be able to override regional powers just by declaring that their decision is "national interest" (housing niggers is national interest)

2) change to the senate is made to ensure that whatever the next government is they have a chamber to block whatever they need
the "italy doensn't legislate fast enough" is a meme, go check the numbers

Is it accurate to say that The reason why it failed is because Northern Italians and Sicilians want Federalism?

The only goal now should be to dismantle the EU so Mi5 seems like the best pick, even though they're a meme party. You still have Lega Nord, too.

Thank you Italy.

Don't see why the left call us divisive, they've never been on here to see all cultures and countries unite to laugh at them on nights like this.

Can someone translate?

Renzi JUSTed like a mofo.

see:

IL GIUSTO

meloni

Cool

Why is she so literally perfect?

well italian people are really based as far as i know
liveleak.com/view?i=e43_1479914309

Probably yes. Also explains our vote (IT FEELS SO GOOD RIGHT NOW).

ITALIA

Mafioso 5 stars are so incompetent it's not even funny.

Does anyone know if Renzi's speech will be played internationally on BBC or something? Post link to a English speaking stream if anyone has plox.

she is a fake normie, her old blogs are nerdy as fuck, a wolf among sheep

Copying this from the other thread because people have to see this:

I don't see why the yes vote would be so bad.

The problem is with the equal bicameralism of the Italian Parliament. Both the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies are elected, but different electoral systems are used to elect the MP's. This means that with relatively similar results, the number of seats can vary wildly in different chambers.

Now, normally this wouldn't be a problem. This happens in many countries. The problem is that in most countries, the upper chamber is much weaker. It can't block bills forever, initiate votes of no confidence or block budgets, just to name a few. Upper chambers generally just scrutinize the legislation of the lower chamber. This is called unequal bicameralism

Now, since both chambers are equal this creates a massive clusterfuck since one party can have majority in the other chamber and one party can have a majority in the other, and since the chambers are equal nothing gets done and everything goes to shit. Since both chambers are equal, there's also no one to scrutinize the bills since party politics engulfs both chambers, which in effect fucks up the whole idea of having a bicameral parliament.

The only other country with this kind of equal bicameralism is the States, and you know what the approval rating of Congress is like.

t. pol sci student

my fucking sides

Kek

nice

>mfw even media here in Norway says Your Choice was between "plague or cholera"

You are fucked.

>memeoni
the only good thing she did was keeping all that cum in her pussy and have a child
She's a meme candidate you know, is right

also >italo/pol/ general when

Fucking Masia.

Thank you Italy. And fuck you Austrian cucks for ruining the winning streak.

Because fuck centralization, that's why. The problem is the change of the "Titolo V" that would give all the powers from the regions to the central government. Fuck that, what we need is federalism.

explain to me why she is a meme candidate, don't try the "after me only darkness" by renzi

Didn't Italy hang a dictator with leather shoes or something during WW2? Now they're crashing all of Germany's hard work with no survivors.

Italy confirmed for being crazy motherfuckers, based as fuck. Everyone except the Austrians and Germans should feel proud about Europe today.

If I'm understanding it correctly, it would be bad because they will use their newly centralized power to further their globalist schemes. They can ignore the "racist provincials" and accept as many refugees as they want, etc.

This, and the EU would have taken all that power.

attenzione al voto estero

Tranquillo, รจ finita.

Its pretty apparent why it would be bad, and Im saying this as someone who knows nothing about Italian politics

The centralized government wants to import and house more niggers and towel headed savages into the country, but the individual states (or whatever they are called) refuse this because its retarded and tell them to fuck off.

All this would have done is robbed the states of their ability to refuse and resist the great cuckening of Europe. You can talk about other cases all you want, but thats what its really all about

As Pietro explained, it was largely a referendum on centralism. Centralism is cancer in general, but especially in Italy. It is a decent candidate for best culture but politically it is almost as fake a non-country as Belgium.

yeee haww wonderful review Mr. Student.

We will wait for you while you figure out the vote had very little to do with the Senate.

It was about Renzi, and the chance to give him the finger.
How long will it take for you to figure it out ?

ITALY
NO

Come next year the Anglos, French, Italians and Dutch can once more band together and purge the Kraut menace from our lives before they ruin Europe once again.

Fuck the Germanic Hordes
Fuck the Habsburgs
Fuck the Kaiser
Fuck Merkel

how based is he? I think he's some sort of next gen weaponizable AI fuckery that can only speak in statistics and such
>pic related
that stare, clearly not human

>pol sci degree
HAHAHAHAHA

Have we started the fire?

I guess it's also over now though since Austria joined their cucked, dickless brethren in Germany and voted for more Islam.

Is it happening??? Is Renzi resigning???

Heres to another one famalam.

Literally.

SHADILAY, BROTHERS!

Pizzamuncher, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

What did he say? I missed it.

Renzi publicly saying he's lost
IT'S DONE GUYS

>I don't see why a cuck party devoted to destroying Europe having more power to pass laws and less chance of these laws blocked by the democratic process is bad

Gee, can't think of any problems with it.

>1)governement would be able to override regional powers just by declaring that their decision is "national interest" (housing niggers is national interest)

Well then good for ITALY NO.

CAN WE HAVE A 1000 POSTS SLIDE THREAD LIKE THE ONES MODS PREPARE FOR THE AMERIFAG ELECTIONS?

OR ARE WE TOO 2ND-WORLD TO DESERVE IT?

I've never heard italian spoken before why does it sound so much nicer than spanish?

F

The latter I guess. Y'all would have got one if it was a EU referendum, though.

>Cameron, Renzi and Clinton BTFO in one year

F

RENZOUT

Slide thread don't get archived correctly though?

iT'S OVER! WOOHOOO

RESIGNED

HE'S ACTUALLY RESIGNING
>HE'S ACTUALLY RESIGNING
HE'S ACTUALLY RESIGNING
>HE'S ACTUALLY RESIGNING

what the fuck? how could anyone want that?
fucking commies.

Renxit

RENZI RESIGNS
>RENZI RESIGNS
RENZI RESIGNS
>RENZI RESIGNS
RENZI RESIGNS
>RENZI RESIGNS

How badly do you think Merkel will shit her bed tonight? First no UK ally, then no Hillary Clinton, and now righteous anger even in Italy.

Hope Merkel is proud of herself. If WW2 is anything to go by, even amidst its own allies the German CANNOT be trusted. Germany wanted to sell Mexico a war with the US and they didn't bite, they can smell bullshit from a mile away.

Wherever the German goes, the German must lie.

FUORI DA
FUORI DA
FUORI DAI COGLIONI
RENZI DI MERDA
FUORI DAI COGLIOOONIIIIIIIIIII

I think the French and Dutch are going to cuck out like Austria.

It's going to be the Anglo's up against the Germanic hordes once again.

With Greece and Italy running around fighting fog covered trees and the odd Turk and North African.

How is he so handsome?

Fuorenzi

youtube.com/watch?v=zAx0t3O55Zo

we deserve this

Bring back Berlusconi for the keks

R
E
N
Z
I

A

C
A
S
A

What now?

KEK ABANDONED AUSTRIA BECAUSE HE SENT ALL OF HIS POWER TO ITALY
WE MADE IT
PRAISE HIM

He just said it.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER

t. RENZI

FUCKING CRINGE

>this is a prime minister

I saw this video on FB but didn't know what was going on. Was it a pro/contra refugee debate? Can u explain?

Terroni

If they had lost Austria on the same day, she would be in full panic mode.

Right now she's probably cool with it. Italy doesn't have a populist right wing party trying to pull it out of the E.U.

This will be more like their relationship to Greece. Annoyance rather than fear.

Damn you Austria - Shame.

>eggplant land whiter than Tirol
Well done