At what point did you realize modern academia is just a set of Jewish lies? Pic related did it for me

At what point did you realize modern academia is just a set of Jewish lies? Pic related did it for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/james_flynn_why_our_iq_levels_are_higher_than_our_grandparents/transcript?language=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably because birthdays are not spread evenly throughout the calendar.

>He doesn't understand basic probability.

You are actually retarded.

The image is correct, the reason it seems wrong is because people imagine the problem by thinking of 1 person compared to every other person, for example 1/22nd chance with respect to number of days in the year.

When in actual fact it's 1 person compared to every other person, and then the 2nd person compared to every other person (minus the 1st) and then the 3rd person compared to everyone (minus 1st and 2nd) and so on.

this and the monty hall problem seem to be throwing Sup Forums into a tiff
people here are either trolling or retarded. maybe mods can ban these threads?

>Canadian Education

guys this is the next shill tactic to make us look dumb

They're retarded.

If flat earthers didn't do it, I think we're pretty well immunized to looking dumb

No, actually for every new person you ad to the group, you are adding one new potential birthday the next person can have in common with someone already in the group. That's how it works.

It makes perfect sense.

>reality isnt allowed to be counter intuitive because I said so.

Damn, that was harder than I thought; I kept hitting walls.
I need to work on my mouse-control

And I just realized I missed one
Well fuck me.

One line through all doors, not one line for each door.

How is this a paradox? It's just counter-intuitive

Try for yourself, pic 23 random celebrities and look up their birthdays one by one, and wright them down.

In OP's defence, the meme is nowhere near 'basic'.
But yea, typical burger calling anyone who isn't on par with his intellect 'retarded', effectively making himself just above retarded.
> clap clap

>I think we're pretty well immunized to looking dumb
Pizzagate

There is one line through all the doors. Pic never said it had to be one CONTINUOUS line...

The birthday paradox is real. My birthday was actually the same as someone else's in the statistics class that we learned it in.

It has to do with the fact that if you're looking at 23 people, there are a possible 253 comparisons to be made (combinatorics).The probability that a combination is not the same day is 364/365. So the probability that all 253 combinations are not a match is (364/365)^253, which is about 50%

this

That is 15 lines

Not sure if masterful troll

>trough

>OP thinks provable mathematics are lies
let's laugh at him

Best part of the test, imo.

OP can't into math.

Monty hall is easy to explain if you say there are 100 doors vs 3.

The Jews invented statistics

The U.S. Senate has passed a bill designed to prevent the criticism of Jews and Israel on college campuses. The bill was passed with unanimous consent.

Not only are there all sorts of free speech implications here, but it once again shows that Jews have far too much influence in the American government.

Why is the Congress passing laws that prevent criticism of Jews even though it is blatantly unconstitutional to do so?

>Why is the Congress passing laws that prevent criticism of Jews even though it is blatantly unconstitutional to do so?
Because investigation into Jewish Truths is problematic

Actual Truth doesn't fear investigation, but Jewish Truth does

>the leaf that cannot into statistics

chinks are supposed to be smart

>27 unique IP's in this thread
>nobody is July 3rd like me
huh really sautees the veggies

AAAAAAA

That's a terrible way of explaining it and people who need to rely on that generally don't actually understand the problem or why it works.

It gets the point across so you can spend time teaching the neanderthals probability instead of freaking them the fuck out with logic.

Only took me 3 tries faggot.

I think my leaf my have autism.

nice meme

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAJHAHAH
fag

and you still missed a door

A line is automatically by definition contiguous you meat head.

"Now let me give you a sample of some of his interviews.He talked to the head man of a personin rural Russia.They'd only had, as people had in 1900,about four years of schooling.And he asked that particular person,what do crows and fish have in common?And the fellow said, "Absolutely nothing.You know, I can eat a fish. I can't eat a crow.A crow can peck at a fish.A fish can't do anything to a crow."And Luria said, "But aren't they both animals?"And he said, "Of course not.One's a fish.The other is a bird."And he was interested, effectively,in what he could do with those concrete objects."

"And then Luria went to another person,and he said to them,"There are no camels in Germany.Hamburg is a city in Germany.Are there camels in Hamburg?"And the fellow said,"Well, if it's large enough, there ought to be camels there."And Luria said, "But what do my words imply?"And he said, "Well, maybe it's a small village,and there's no room for camels."In other words, he was unwilling to treat thisas anything but a concrete problem,and he was used to camels being in villages,and he was quite unable to use the hypothetical,to ask himself what if there were no camels in Germany."

"A third interview was conductedwith someone about the North Pole.And Luria said, "At the North Pole, there is always snow.Wherever there is always snow, the bears are white.What color are the bears at the North Pole?"And the response was, "Such a thingis to be settled by testimony.If a wise person came from the North Poleand told me the bears were white,I might believe him,but every bear that I have seen is a brown bear."Now you see again, this person has rejectedgoing beyond the concrete worldand analyzing it through everyday experience,and it was important to that personwhat color bears were --that is, they had to hunt bears.They weren't willing to engage in this.One of them said to Luria,"How can we solve things that aren't real problems?None of these problems are real.How can we address them?""

dot·ted line
noun
a line made up of dots or dashes (often used in reference to the space left for a signature on a contract).
"Adam signed on the dotted line"

"Now, not only do we have much more education,and much of that education is scientific,and you can't do science without classifying the world.You can't do science without proposing hypotheses.You can't do science without making it logically consistent.And even down in grade school, things have changed.In 1910, they looked at the examinationsthat the state of Ohio gave to 14-year-olds,and they found that they were allfor socially valued concrete information.They were things like,what are the capitals of the 44 or 45 statesthat existed at that time?When they looked at the examsthat the state of Ohio gave in 1990,they were all about abstractions.They were things like,why is the largest city of a state rarely the capital?And you were supposed to think, well,the state legislature was rural-controlled,and they hated the big city,so rather than putting the capital in a big city,they put it in a county seat.They put it in Albany rather than New York.They put it in Harrisburg rather than Philadelphia.And so forth.So the tenor of education has changed.We are educating people to take the hypothetical seriously,to use abstractions, and to link them logically."

"In other words, they were fixed in the concretemores and attitudes they had inherited.They would not take the hypothetical seriously,and without the hypothetical,it's very difficult to get moral argument off the ground.You have to say, imagine you werein Iran, and imagine that your relativesall suffered from collateral damageeven though they had done no wrong.How would you feel about that?And if someone of the older generation says,well, our government takes care of us,and it's up to their government to take care of them,they're just not willing to take the hypothetical seriously.Or take an Islamic father whose daughter has been raped,and he feels he's honor-bound to kill her.Well, he's treating his moresas if they were sticks and stones and rocks that he had inherited,and they're unmovable in any way by logic.They're just inherited mores.Today we would say something like,well, imagine you were knocked unconscious and sodomized.Would you deserve to be killed?And he would say, well that's not in the Koran.That's not one of the principles I've got.Well you, today, universalize your principles.You state them as abstractions and you use logic on them.If you have a principle such as,people shouldn't suffer unless they're guilty of something,then to exclude black peopleyou've got to make exceptions, don't you?You have to say, well, blackness of skin,you couldn't suffer just for that.It must be that blacks are somehow tainted.And then we can bring empirical evidence to bear, can't we,and say, well how can you consider all blacks taintedwhen St. Augustine was black and Thomas Sowell is black.And you can get moral argument off the ground, then,because you're not treating moral principles as concrete entities.You're treating them as universals,to be rendered consistent by logic."

ted.com/talks/james_flynn_why_our_iq_levels_are_higher_than_our_grandparents/transcript?language=en

Is this meant to be hard?

Is /sci/ invading Sup Forums and trolling with low quality bait?

Usually it's the other way around.

No one line, one door. It said draw one line through all the doors.

>At what point did you realize modern academia is just a set of Jewish lies?

At no point in my life

isnt this a pingeonhole problem?

fuck u op.

leave mathematics out of your warped cancer.

>1 post by this id

It's a trick question, if you actually sit down and fill out this puzzle instead of closing the image in boredom and confusion then you are and autist

Fuck you

>St. Augustine was black

What the fuck am I reading

>It gets the point across

It really doesn't though, it only teaches them to blindly accept the answer without understanding why it works by swapping it with a meaningfully different problem.

Look at the other thread here to see the results of this in action.

Just like the fact that we can't all be engineers, we can't all handle probability and arithmetic.

carefull!

Fine, I accept that. But that's exactly why the explanation is so pointless, it allows people to pretend to understand something that they actually don't instead of acknowledging their lack of understanding.

>50% chance that 2 of them
>50% chance
>2 of them
>of 23 people

If you ask a random person if they have the same birthday as you, there's a 50% chance they'll say yes.

Why does anyone take "scientific studies" serious? You're just trusting people you don't know to tell the truth about the universe.

Well then don't ever go near a public school.

>this burger thinks he knows Trump
mysides

>typical burger calling anyone who isn't on par with his intellect 'retarded'

You know you want to say it. THAT WAS ABLEIST REEEEEEEE

This and the monty hall problem are shill threads made to make us look like idiots

So if I survey 46 people split evenly in two groups I have a 100% chance of one of the groups having a matching birthday?

>One line through all doors

That lad literally put one line through all the doors. He certainly didn't put two lines through all the doors. I only counted 1 line for each door.

Nowhere in the instructions does it state to draw a line connecting all the doors.

I do not believe it
never did

Have only known one other person with the same birth date

stop believing crap

as a mathematician, just because you can't grasp it doesn't mean it's not true. mathematics has a deeply rigorous framework and, no, it's not goyim trying to trick you, faggot. i deal with fags like you all day asking me "whats the use of this" or "why do i need to know this" go fuck yourself.

If there's a 50% chance of getting heads and I flip a coin twice, is there a 100% chance of getting heads at least once?

I believe it's actually not possible. Except for the rooms you start and finish in, for each room, for each time you enter, you must exit. That means there must be an even number of doors for non-endpoint rooms. Since there are 3 rooms with odd numbers of doors, it's impossible.

yes

There is a zero percent chance of getting heads and a 100% chance of getting ((((((tails))))))

>is Sup Forums retarded?

>leafOP makes a blatantly sardonic stupid post
>entire thread is posters easily setting him straight
>you: yes, yes, I do believe this thread has proven Sup Forums is retarded because the one clearly trolling post is clearly retarded

rly maeks me tink

50% chance, which is a lot more than your chance of getting head

you missed a door

Fuck you

:^)

It did for me, instead of 100 doors it was 52 cards.

He says pick the Ace of hearts, do you think the Ace is more likely to be in your hand that you picked or in the deck.

Then all the cards are revealed but one, Ace of hearts is still missing, do you think you grabbed it or do you think it's in the deck still.

3 doors is too small of a difference to get the principles on just saying it (for some people at least)

After that I could apply it to the smaller set and it made sense.

I don't know. It's irrelevant to my question and OP's problem though.

Fixed

user, your mom will die in her sleep whether or not you reply to the post, faggot

fuck i watched that forever

I don't understand this, but I think it has something to do with mathematics and probability. Just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean we have to immediately blame the Jews for it.

>maybe mods can ban these threads?
Either that or make stats 101 a mandatory course before you can post here

you must be a jew.

also do i keep the same post ID for every post?

this is a test

>50% chance
>I think it's probability
no shit

slide thread

he must be a jew.

fuck i do keep it. time to tame the shitposting

pls go newfag

Missed a door there, tardburger

Lines are a straight segment from point A to B. That's what makes it impossible. It's also what makes those of you who drew squiggles autists.

What's with the threads attacking classic probability problems lately?

Is it meant to slide the PIzzagate Fake News thing?