Why do Christians believe they own Christmas?

There are other religions that observe the Holidays, and their skykike isn't the center of the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AiCLjMUAp1c
askwhy.co.uk/christianity/0310SunGod.php
web.archive.org/web/20060112030526/http://www.e-sheep.com/Saturnalia/01.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversy#Puritan_era
archive.is/hNvuP
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tree-humper buttmad because their holiday is now synonymous with Christ

Fuck up cunt nobody gives a single shit you fat prick, get a life

>things can't evolve or change in any way

Yeshua (Jesus) wasn't born in Winter, on December the 25th. He was born on Rosh Hashanah, on September the 11th in 3 BC. This would place his conception at around December 25th, 4 BC.

>September the 11th
What did G_d mean by this?

Merry Yule!

>he gets BTFO in one thread and has to make a second thread

Go back to MaoistRebelNews, you fucking cunt.

Holy shit, it's more Jewish in here than the kosher bagels at the latest bar mitzvah! Isn't anyone a real goy here?

it's true

christmas was originally a pagan holidy. the church changed it to be a day celebrating only jesus, but kept it on the same day and the rituals largely unchanged so that the pagan masses would accept it.

the conversion of peoples from paganism to christianity was to a great extent that sort of thing.

the early christian church at first wanted to enforce jewish old testament style rules (required circumcision; restrictions on what you can eat), but no one liked that, so they dropped it.

why does hardly anyone ever talk about this stuff? because the whole point of religion is to just accept what you are told and not question it -- "faith". obviously, these concessions and marketing tactics are things that a religion wants to downplay.

not according to conservatives

Fuck pagans.

I am a white man, and I will worship whomever I want, celebrate whatever holidays or combination of holidays I want, and do whatever I want.

Now a question for you, sir. Why are snowniggers such garbage?

can we get a full explanation on pic related? i need a small redpill on this.

We don't. Everyone can enjoy Christmas as far as I'm concerned. Except for you. You can eat a dick

you belong to the sea

Why would a few hundred special snowflake literal nobodies have any say in how the predominant culture celebrates a holiday?

>t. Atheist

Moronic liberals think that Christmas taking the date of other religions holy days means that Christmas doesn't exist.

He who controls the loans, controls the jewniverse
(((Yah'weh))) owns all the loans.

Didn't the first Christmas tree ever stand in Jerusalem? Doesn't seem all that pagan to me. Sure Northern Europeans switched to pine trees over palm trees but that would mostly seem to be a logistical issue.

> why does hardly anyone ever talk about this stuff?

Because no one gives a shit about the birth of Christ. It's a time to buy stuff and succumb to materialism!

Take your paganism somewhere else, you filthy nord.

youtube.com/watch?v=AiCLjMUAp1c

Clever of them, huh?

>russians descend mostly from finnish people
varg stupid norwaynigger
finns are 100% unique white race, not russian

The 25th of december symbolizes the rebirth of the sun after the period when night time is longer than day time. The days progressively get longer until the summer equinox.

It's interesting to note that during the winter solstice, the sun seems to stay in the same position during 3 days, starting on the 22th of december, and regaining life on the 25th.

askwhy.co.uk/christianity/0310SunGod.php

I'm in Norway where it's called Jule, even here there are both themes.

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Islam comes as an Leviathan... the traditions of a people are abolished so that Islam may rise between the ashes and substitute absolutely everything.

Christianity no. Christianity filters the traditions so that everything good and Solar (may I say) may remain from a particular people.

So Catholics in Japan also do the buddhist Tea Ceremony and their churches may also be made on the traditional japanese style. Priests bless the crop and animals in France, Italy, Brazil, etc.

It's hard to take this seriously. If a civilization can't stand truths such as ''christmas is a pagan holiday'', what does that say about the civilization? Standing on foundation of lies?

What if we went for the brutal truths?

> If a civilization can't stand truths such as ''christmas is a pagan holiday''
Except this is only one tiny little part of the overall scheme. It's not just Christmas they attack, but virtually every tradition we have.

My sect doesn't even celebrate Christmas.

>''christmas is a pagan holiday''
>truth
No, Christmas just jacked the date of a pagan holy day.

And all the associated traditions

But I am celebrating it by calling it Jul and using pagan decorations because my ancestors celebrated Jul before christianity arrived here as a midwinter celebration. Not like my christian ancestors were any more or less worthy of being honoured than my pagan ones.

No christ is not going to change Jul to me anyways.

>leaf

>things can't evolve
Lrn2evolution fgt pls

>burger

Being festive doesn't mean you want to worship satan. But it does mean you like to be festive

Did you know that OP?

fpbp

/thread

I celebrate Yule because of cultural tradition and and don't give a fuck about christ because i don't worship a dead jew on a stick.

Pretty sure no one does. But lol@ur peer pressure.

I uphold the traditions of my ancestors, you get fucked by emus and abbos while giant spiders watch.

>I uphold the traditions of my ancestors
>American
I'd lash out if i were in your position too.

YULE GOAT

It's all I have and you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

>It's not just Christmas they attack, but virtually every tradition we have.
But it's okay when Christians attacked pagan traditions because le doos volt.

>Attacked
Most converted willingly.

Fair enough.

>Most converted willingly.

Provide evidence of these attacks, then. Because Charlemagne only did a few for the sake of unity, and after that it was pretty much just the Balts with the Teutonic Knights.

This is bait

web.archive.org/web/20060112030526/http://www.e-sheep.com/Saturnalia/01.html

>the miracle of the bread and fish is Christmas
holy shit whoever made this was retarded

Stop celebrating the birth of the king of the kikes

You will also hang on the day of the rope

Anglos can't into missionary work.

>In a 1936 memorandum, Himmler set forth a list of approved holidays based on pagan and political precedents and meant to wean SS members from their reliance on Christian festivities.[62] The Winter Solstice, or Yuletide, was the climax of the year. It brought SS folk together at candlelit banquet tables and around raging bonfires that harked back to German tribal rites

Christfags BTFO

I don't get it, what's the BTFO?

Killing a small number of people for not practicing a religion and then saying that the same will happen to all who don't is the very definition of coercion. So is saying that after death you will be tortured for eternity if you do not bend the knee to the new god.

Most weren't even threatened like that. They converted for trade purposes. Or in the case of the British Isles (only place which really matters), because they felt like it.
>So is saying that after death you will be tortured for eternity if you do not bend the knee to the new god.
How is that even slightly coercion? If they don't believe, they have nothing to worry about.

The kikes took all the cool ancient holidays and pretended they were christian

Horseshit
He was born in Spring

>pagan
That word wasn't invented 'till like the 20th century

>trying to incite fighting between pagans and Christians
Fuck off. The real enemies are the kikes and the muds. Christians and pagans should be united against them.

Based

What's wrong with Paganism? They agreed with Christians that there must be some sort of higher powers ruling the universe and that nature is an embodiment of that power.

>inb4 Pagans = Satanists, which they are not.

It really was the jews all along.

Someone please make a THIS IS YUGE image

No it's not like that at all you aussie shitposter
The catholic chruch specifically incorporated Yule to try to convert more people into Catholicism

The decorations, the tree, the gift-giving etc. all pre-date the fuck out of christianity

Puritans vehemently opposed the pagan elements and sought to remove them because they were not biblical in origin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversy#Puritan_era

In other words
Christmas today is Santa Claus' holiday not the kike's

because you lost

>Provide evidence of these attacks
>What is the fall of ancient rome?

>What is the fall of ancient rome?
Completely irrelevant to the former question?

shut the fuck up.

it means stop being materialistic you retard.

>Implying Christianity is not a Jewish Religion
Reminder that we went from worshiping White Gods to worshiping a jew on a stick

Theists are the niggers of Sup Forums

Paganism is not a thing
Paganism is just a general derogatory term invented by the jews(who created Christianity) to describe people who practiced pre-Christian religions

It's basically the same as the word "Heathen"

>Implying Christianity did not destroy Ancient Rome
wew

Sup Forums is really blue-pilled on religion

>Implying Christianity did not destroy Ancient Rome
That's correct. The barbarian hordes passing rocking up and kicking the shit through it had a bit more of an effect.

Merry Christmas My pathetic fat friend.

I, also, play Skyrim.

nah

that was germanic tribes

>not practicing a syncretic religion.

Feels good having the shield of God AND the hammer of Thor.

Too many Americans and poor people.

He actually took the christ out of christmas and went fully back to Yuletide

Daily reminder that all Abrahamic religions are just poor copies of the original Egyptian religion.

Ra = Zeus = Jupiter = Jove = Jahweh
God of Thunder and the Sun
Represents Order
Will fight Darkness on the day of Judgement

Osiris = Jesus
Born of a virgin
On December 25
Had 12 disciples
Turned water into wine
Betrayed and murdered by Set (Judas)
Resurrected

Apep = Satan
Represents Darkness
Represented by a snake
Will try to take over the world
Final battle with Ra and Osiris

Egyptian religion also gave us...
The concept of an immortal soul (Ka)
The concept of judgement in the afterlife
The concept of Heaven and Hell

Greek, Roman, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all cheap copies of the ONE TRUE Egyptian religion.

>worshiping a dead Jew

kek wills it!
take ur (((holiday))) and shove it!

>Daily reminder that all Abrahamic religions are just poor copies of the original Egyptian religion.
Hahahha you wish, pic related.

they think they own "marriage" as well

I think we should adopt the Japanese Christmas tradition of going to KFC.

the catholic church fused yule tradition and christmas tradition a long time ago

thats like telling anglos to go back to north germany

Still not seeing the BTFO just because some LARPer decided to indulge.

Wouldn't that be an African Christmas?

>Satan
>Represents Darkness
But that's wrong, he represents light as in Lucifer. You can even stretch it and say that by looking to him you are blinded from the glory ( and mercy) of god

>he represents light as in Lucifer.
Protip: Lucifer =/= satan.

It's called jul here. Ancient nordic tradition, has no ties to christianity until we where forced to convert

where does kek fit in all this?

course (((they))) want u to think satan is bad!
archive.is/hNvuP