Anyone else here a progressive?

Anyone else here a progressive?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea_of_Progress
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am a beaner but not retarded

Explain to me the "progress" part of progressive.

Pay denbts

Yeah, tryin to progress the gays into the grave right now

While conservative policy generally tends to look to historic success and emulate it, progressive policy tends to use new ideas not founded in history.
Thus, conservative policy goes back in time, progressive policy progresses in time.

So the goal is to "progress" even if that means making things worse based on historical data?

Once we find an unlimited source of money, I'll become a progressive. Until then, fuck off.

No, progressivism isn't doing things that haven't worked in history, it's doing things which have rarely been done in history.

Literally a party for gimps

Making "progress" to displace the European peoples.

I want to progress towards a nation free of shitskins, yes.

>a fucking tweety bird

This + find a way to raise the IQ of nigs, dune coons and spics.

that's not a fucking ideology

>let's pass a law forcing people to dress as animals
>let's give dogs the right to vote

They haven't been done for a reason.

For what reason? If something is working then why fix it? Reminds me of pic related.

Yeah, that is the goal of most "progressives."

Life in 50s vs Life Today

I'LL TAKE FUCKING GOING BACK, THANKS

progressives don't oppose policy which does work, however typically progressives evaluate the various circumstances in which historic policy did work and judge whether it would work in modern day society. As well as that progressives also argue against old policy in favour for new more suitable policy, but it's all very circumstantial to the region and country. Hence why here in New Zealand you wouldn't consider many people to be progressive yet many policies are constantly being changed to accommodate new circumstances.
well you sure got me with that one

>new ideas not founded in history

I mean this sincerely: You are the dumbest fucking person I've ever come across on the internet. Please, I beg of you, kill yourself and everyone related to you (in the correct order, of course.) Your genes must be eradicated off the face of the earth. Fuck you.

im serial progressive

>making decisions based on proven fact is backwards thinking.

>making decisions despite mountains of evidence disproving their effectiveness is "progressive"

The only thing your party is good at is spinning their wheels longer than anyone else.

This.

well put.

If you consider Sanders-style social democracy "progressive" then I suppose I am

I live in Vermont, progressives are the worst thing that ever happened to this state, I wish they'd leave and return to the shithole they came from.

i'am a progressive...a progressive band member

but progressives like historic policy that worked and works
they just like using policy which hasn't been tried (but has a lot of support)

Like this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea_of_Progress

>I know tylenol works great, but its too old and boring, try smashing me in the face with a hammer.

So if flaying minorities on the cross had a lot of support would that be considered?

You're on Sup Forums

No. Fuck off. We need to make the world a bit better, like the way it was.

So just throw stuff at a wall and hope something sticks?

Really, then why are progressives, advocates for wealth redistribution and national debt?

Everyone else is hating on you, but that was a pretty good explanation. But, doesn't that just make progressiveness a riskier version of conservatism?

Progressivefag here. Basically I exist just to watch people shitpost retarded fascist shit that cannot be backed up by any form of evidence other than "JEWZ JEWZ JEWZ! CONSPIRACY! TRUMP WILL MAKE MERICA GR8 AGAIN!" It's very entertaining. I also sometimes post questions to see how amazing of responses I can get.

There are plenty of left-wingers on this board