Why do educated people tend to be more liberal?

Why do educated people tend to be more liberal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CVcKsecg2Uk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder what our (((universities))) are telling the youth?

Change door choice.

Because universities need to spread leftist drivel so that the students can blame the right when they graduate and have 90k pieces of paper that will never get them a job.

Republicans have won the educated vote for the past 60 years. Look it up.

We're passing off liberal indoctrination camps as "Universities".

Most collages are extremely liberal. The students gets persuaded by that "enlightened" mindset and believes their own shit doesn't stink.

Why did a majority of people with college degrees vote for Trump?

quick, choose door 3

Contrary to what your average user on Sup Forums will tell you, it's because people who align themselves with conservative values have to be stupid in the first place.

define "educated"

truly educated people know better

children who spend their entire lives in school, well...

Liberalism is all about liberty - individual liberty. Current liberals have nothing to do with liberty.

They're not more educated, they just like fucking goats.

Spotted the muslim

this

they're zionist institutions OP. have you learned nothing?

>define "educated"

That's the type of thing a typically uneducated conservative might say. There's literally only one definition for educated, and any attempt to extrapolate some other definition from the word is SJW-tier mental gymnastics.

Didn't Trump win college educated Whites?

But technically aren't nonWhites more uneducated and don't they vote overwhelmingly Democrat?

Changing the door does not change the experimental probability, only the theoretical probabilitiy. The real fact is that changing the door does not increase your ACTUAL odds.

Many conservatives tend to be dumb and very religious. They are not actually redpilled (only a minority of conservatives are).

Leftards have been taking over universities.

My wife took children's literature as an elective. The teacher assigned the first book of the Harry Potter series. While discussing it in class, she claimed that "Harry Potter represents the overprivileged white male". When some classmates objected, along the lines of "What the literal fuck? Harry Potter is written as an underdog: he's an orphan who is abused by his foster parents and forced to sleep in a broom closet".

The teacher was floored by this and just keep repeating "He's overprivileged because he's a white male" over and over whenever anyone tried to make a point; until they got frustrated and stopped trying to argue with her.

fpbp

You don't even have to go to a top tier university. Just go take an evening class at the local college to get a feel for modern (((academia))).

I only attended university to get my piece of paper that says I got smarts and shit.

>learning the correct answer to a counterinutitive word problem
>smugging on others who have not yet learned the correct answer
>educated

>Why do educated people
>implying these exist in 2016

But aren't liberals all about helping the working class?

>more uneducated

This sums you up, I'd say.

I don't see your point.

You went to class with your kid?

>There's literally only one definition for educated, and any attempt to extrapolate some other definition from the word is SJW-tier mental gymnastics.
Then your definition is worthless for the given purpose. By the way, cheap tactics such as "you were le sjw all along xD" aren't helping your already piss poor case.

longer exposure to the propaganda of the frankfurt school which owns higher education.

P.S. This same teacher also stated that anyone who writes a children's book should include 3 themes:

1. Marxist themes
2. Feminist themes
3. Freudian (Sexual) themes

I'm not even joking. These people are sick in the head.

Unfortunately, a lot of 18-25 year olds are mentally children and still can't think critically and get indoctrinated by this stupidity.

What if I told you that changing the door changed nothing?

Products of "secondary" education's socialization.

Academia is further left than Seattle at this point.

My wife took a Children's Literature elective in university. Children's Literature is a course on writing children's novels.

>ignoring the point
Maybe its because people who go to college are egotistical fucks who think they are better than everyone else. Unfortunately the only way to prove that is to make sure there are people below them so they constantly make fun of everyone else. Yet they still pretend to care about the people they make fun so they can pat themselves on the back and not feel like horrible soulless monsters with no sense of belonging.

Educated =/= Intelligent

>Why do indoctrinated people tend to be more liberal?

Education does not equal true intelligence.

You would be right in the sense that it doesn't change where the objects are, I guess.

>There's literally only one definition for educated

see, this just proves you're an uneducated moron

going to school for a long time and paying a lot of money and getting a piece of paper means jack shit if you don't know how to think right

liberalism is a demented and childish ideology

>clings desperately to poor writing on a fucking Sup Forums board
I think we've learned more about you from this exchange.

Charming

>are egotistical fucks who think they are better than everyone else

Don't you mean, "More not as bad as everyone else?"

>"educated"
>BA

>Why do educated people tend to be more liberal?

because it's liberals who are doing all the 'educating'

duh

And let's no forget courses like gender studies, liberal arts and ssome other humanities courses. which are useless and which only purpose is endoctrination.

Trump (and other conservatives in general) would have done much better among college graduates if some of these courses didn't exist.

Liberals have niggers and MOST of the other degenerate retards on their side. I'll never take this shit seriously.

Liberals are all about the working class yet the working class is against them. Liberals are all about democracy so its a little bit of a contradiction.
Liberals want to help the working class from themselves while also allowing them to vote while still doing nothing but antagonizing them.
For example what is the point of this thread?
Are you suggesting less intelligent people shouldn't vote? Are you suggesting less intelligent people are wrong? If they are wrong then why do you fight for their right to vote?

>see, this just proves you're an uneducated moron

How? Because you have some special inferred meaning for what the word "education" actually means? On the contrary, you're an uneducated moron for thinking you can approximate the English language to suit your shitty point.

>Don't you mean, "More not as bad as everyone else?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA look at this retard.

>Charming
Exactly the sort of weak shit I expected form you. Do you have a rebuttal, or only false wit?

I still don't see your point. I said conservatives are stupid- period. What's all this straw man shit?

>How? Because you have some special inferred meaning for what the word "education" actually means?
Education meant the same thing to the Elizabethans? What a crude mind you have.

Education =/= Indoctrination

Quite often these things are heavily conflated in a time where many people go to college for 4 years not to learn or be productive but to avoid adulthood for a longer time.

What does a college education even mean anymore? Sure Clinton did well with college educated. How many of those are in college to attend propaganda courses. We have actually reached a point where many people are refusing to hire based off education level, and instead are hiring off previous work regardless of that person they hire having a degree or not.

College is a joke now.

staying in school longer correlates with cowardice, weakness, dependency. ie. those who are afraid to engage the world on its own terms

it also correlates with conformity. and conformists are generally incapable of the serious, difficult work/thought necessary for a real education

you think a piece of paper automatically confers "education". that's where we disagree.

This is the average college student in 2016
youtube.com/watch?v=CVcKsecg2Uk

I think it's less because of simply being educated and more on how they're educated. If the institutions have a leftist bias, they will be more likely to produce leftist thinkers. We need to step back and ask ourselves if they same thing is happening in places such as Israel, China, or Japan.

We also need to ask how we define someone as being educated, or we run into danger of letting otherwise liberal thinkers free reign to declare only those exposed to their brand of education as truly educated.

Take a moment to reflect on your standard discussion. Liberals try to portray their arguments in a scientific manner, with statistics and complex abstractions. It takes actual time and effort to dismantle the liberal narrative. Conservatives appeal to more basic ideas, so they're more easily countered.

You CAN dismantle pretty much everything a liberal says, there's a lot of bullshit in there, but who the fuck is going to go through this trouble. So it goes like this:

Retards tend to be conservative, people that think they are intelligent are liberal, people that are actually intelligent go back to conservatism.

Have you ever been to university? They are litteraly liberal brain washing centers. The more you kiss the liberal teacher's asses the better grades you get. 4 years of that liberal circle jerk gets grained into many low IQ people's head. Also, they teach everything bad the Republicans did while ignoring anything bad the Democrats did. Vice versa for the good things. Also don't forget, this costs 100,000$ glady loaned by Jewish bankers at the fed to universities almost entirely run by Jewish intellectuals.

>playing dumb
So original.

They grew up away from the hood

>Education meant the same thing to the Elizabethans?

This is like the 3rd wave feminists claiming they're the same movement that pioneered for women's right to vote. In case you haven't noticed, you're about 400 years late on whatever point you're making.

Education does not necessarily equal schooling.
You can learn more useful information from a few good books on logic and critical thinking than you can learn from most university courses.

also you should look up the quality of "education" available for purchase these days

hours of study have declined as the price has increased

congratulations, moron, you got duped

no refunds

>why do falsely-credentialed turds bearing "degrees" in vaginal studies and nigger studies tend to support the ideological system that awarded them those "degrees"

This ninja gets it.

>staying in school longer correlates with cowardice, weakness, dependency. ie. those who are afraid to engage the world on its own terms

Smoking crack is healthy for your lungs, and it actually increases the average user's life-span by approximately seven years.

As a former leftist, I can confirm this

>look at me I'm so smart I'm jumping through the same hoops as all these other sheep

that will be $100k, thank you very much

I'd like my tea large, no water added, and unsweetened

kek

moron

The thing is, you're actually dumb. Nothing you said had fuck-all to do with what I said. You're trying to argue with the imaginary caricature of a liberal in your head.

Pretty much. You have to challenge your world view at some time, but if it isn't conforming to reality, it's perfectly fie to change it back.

>Why do educated people tend to be more liberal?

You are confusing "education" with (((indoctrination))) friendo.

If you look at income vs. education you will see that reflected.

>liberal arts degree teacher making $38K annually votes progressive.

>professional plumber making $125K annually votes conservative.

>PROTIP: You need more than one vector in your equation. (muh college degrees)

t.college_degree_holder

>tfw graduated college and my time just further red pilled on how much of a self serving left wing echo chamber the humanities are
smart people tend to get smarter in college, idiots tend to get more liberal

seriously though, what is it about college that average graduates really think makes them more apt to understand American politics? So you got a degree in business? Psychology? Nursing? Biology? Accounting? English lit? So what? You took the same one or two history classes, a civilization class, maybe a poli sci class, the core science classes, composition 1 & 2 as everyone else. Aside from whatever you majored you're literally only a few hours worth of learning smarter in any of these basic core subjects than someone who never went. Unless your degree is in economics your econ 101 class didn't make your vote much more informed on whose economic policy is more likely to utilize the workforce to it's full potential. Unless you finished a law degree your civics and poly sci classes don't really make you any better suited to opine on which SCOTUS justices rulings are more constitutionality correct. Hell, even if you mastered in economics you still wouldn't be an expert in national defense or foreign policy. No matter how educated you are in any particular field that doesnt mean your opinion is worth shit in any other field. And politics spans many fields.

I get the feeling millenials with general studies bachelors feel as if they're bona fide intellectuals and their opinion should be treated as such.

Only intelligent whites are more liberal. NAMs are liberal because they get free shit from the government. I'd like to know more about intelligent blacks and Hispanics, but there are very few studies about NAM conservatives. Exit polls however suggest blacks and Latinos with college degree are more likely to vote Republican than blacks and Latinos without college degrees. Progressive ideology is associated with novel seeking behavior. Intelligent people are more interested, on the whole, in new things and new ideas. As an example, vegetarians are more intelligent, on average, than omnivores, but it's not because being vegetarian makes people smart. Smart people are more attracted to the idea because it's different and requires an amount of critical thinking before adopting. For whites, being conservative is the default, so being liberal is, relatively, aberrant behavior. Being liberal is a two part system. Intelligent whites like it because of novel ideas and trying new things. NAMs are attracted because of free shit. If we really want to go down this path, libertarians are one of the most intelligent demographics when one considers their demographics.

>Look at me, I invent information and use it to prop up my argument that education doesn't give you an edge

Unfortunately, you're mental retardation is a curse of genetics and no amount of money could reverse it at this point. Perhaps if your mom didn't suck nigger dick for crank throughout her entire pregnancy, there'd be hope for you.

Educated/high iq people tend to form a moral picture in their head off how the world should be.
While their idea may be right in theory it doesn´t work out in a real life scenario, because you can´t get rid of evil in humans. What sucks, these people are willing to hold onto their believes even if it´s mean sacrificing everything.

Shit, I overestimated you. I'll make it simple enough this time: Education once guaranteed a certain minimum standard of intellect. It no longer guarantees this. The education of Bacon's day is not our education. The opinion of today's"educated" person is worth no more than that of the average redneck.

This. The human brain is naturally conservative. Liberals are taught to be liberal. This is why liberals hit you with a hundred facts and articles that re affirm their circle jerk mentality and denying any facts that don't. The smart ones go back to being traditionals who just want to have a family and care for the safety and prosperity of their group of people not everyone elses at the expense of their own.

"when the argument is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" -Socrates (some uneducated guy - never went to college)...

thanks for playing

>american "education"

lmao

>you're mental retardation

There may be more education on the left, but there is no wisdom. Education without wisdom is useless.

Nearly every college and university in America has become the least open, the least tolerant, the most hate-filled and the most anti-American mainstream institution in America.

Colleges are America’s preeminent racist institutions. They encourage, for example, black dorms and black graduations; and they foment minority hatred of whites (through “white privilege” indoctrination seminars, ethnic studies courses, black studies courses, etc.).

College students graduate without taking any courses that elevate their intellect or character — which was the original purpose of universities. You can get a bachelor’s degree in English from UCLA without reading a Shakespeare play.
These students have also repudiated the heroes and traditions of the past by judging them by today’s standards rather than in the context of their times.

Many of the very educated are savants — people who are brilliant at making a lot of money, but not at much else. And there is no connection between wealth and wisdom. There are Silicon Valley and Hollywood billionaires who have less wisdom than many seniors at Christian high schools.

bahahahahaha so educated

Because my (((Prof))) is so smart he never had a job

Thank you.

>Education once guaranteed a certain minimum standard of intellect. It no longer guarantees this.

Just because you believe something stupid doesn't mean it's true. For any career you have that doesn't require an education, you would make more money and have a more prestigious position if you did have an education.

All of the people too affluent for the sort of hardship that forces you to go inward go to university, so blind, impractical people go through at an unusual frequency. Also, wise people who go to uni aren't as insufferably loud, so it's easy to forget that they exist.

>Just because you believe something stupid doesn't mean it's true
>wah ur wrong becoz i said so
What does the average business major of politics or history? There is no well rounded education today, you mongoloid. The fact that you get a raise doesn't make you more qualified to vote.

As a member of the Greek community and a part of one of these organizations this is highly offensive. Sororities at UC Berkeley make it their goal to give women a place to feel comfortable as well as better the community. Comparing specific houses to characters from a movie about bullying is absurd and beyond inaccurate. Making the claim that sororities are cliques is demeaning the sisterhood and values they are founded on. This clearly is a stab at a community on campus that does nothing but support the rest of the student body.

>College is a joke now.

Go get a job in accounting.
Go get a job as an actuary.
Go get a job in childhood education.

Right now.

Go.

change door

Spot on.

Wow a Socrates quote? You're one bad motherfucker. Too bad Socrates never said that, and I'm not aware of any historical figure that ever said that, you fucking literal retard mongoloid.

Im going to run this python right now. This goat thing still blows my mind.

indoctrination

Self gratification = a single truth world.

It's that simple. I'm right and my way is the best anyone who disagrees is an idiot. See look at my credential from a liberal arts school.

this

>and I'm not aware of any historical figure that ever said that
I'm sure your'e unaware of many things lel

because despite liberal arts programs being basically voluntary communist indoctrination camps
lib arts majors are still officially considered "educated"

>humanities are fucking garbage

So fucking glad this is my last semester with humanities.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

What a bunch of ideological bullshit.

I wish I could remember everything they told me in them.

Literally denying science.
>Race is not genetic.
>IQ has nothing to do with race.
>Women are still oppressed.
>It's mens' faults women get married, have babies, quit college, get divorced, win house/car/kids, and then can't afford them.

you still don't have an argument. stay mad bitch