Australians, tell me about this man

Was Tony Abbott a good Prime Minister?

How did his policies compare to Trump?

Why did the media hate him?

Why is he known as the "mad monk"?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2015-05-28/barns-newhouse-detention-centre-secrecy-just-got-even-worse/6501086
youtu.be/amUNEsSdy_g
youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5qaZvqO-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He couldnt sell policy. He had some good ideas but without the ability to create a narative he was fucked

Rhodes Scholar - he was our guy

is the new guy any better?

I don't know too much about Australian politics, but I'd think that the Australian's of Sup Forums would support the Lib/Nats for the House of Reps (since One Nation doesn't contest the House as far as I'm aware) - are politics heading in a good direction in the land down under?

Turnbull is a slimy fuck. His personal ideas are a lot more centre than the rest of the party and he can talk a lot better. Hes a massive Jew and a whore to corporations

I would never trust him, dude has no spine

HE FUCKED THE NBN WE COULD HAVE HAD FIRST WORLD INTERNET BY NOW

I see. How'd he replace Abbott? One thing I don't understand about Australian elections is that bad midterm polling seems to be more deadly for party leadership than actually losing an election.

What's NBN?

moron who stole my internet speed

abc.net.au/news/2015-05-28/barns-newhouse-detention-centre-secrecy-just-got-even-worse/6501086

>Was Tony Abbott a good Prime Minister?
No. He's an idiot.
>How did his policies compare to Trump?
They didn't. Only good things Tony did was stop the boats and tell poofs to piss off.
>Why did the media hate him?
A FUCKING WHITE MALE
>Why is he known as the "mad monk"?
he is?

he hushed up what happens to refugees on Nauru.

besides border control/rapefugees, Abbott was a typical boomer cuckservative.

in regard to the 'Mad Monk' moniker, that stems from his 4 years as a Catholic priest and seminarian, and when he was a minister under John Howard he was known for Christian/moralistic stances on abortion, fags etc.

>WE COULD HAVE HAD FIRST WORLD INTERNET BY NOW

lol no

Australia is a big country (for you - and me).

Even under the KRudd/Albo fibre to the premises plan you wouldn't have good internet until 2022 (if that).

We don't have presidents, the leader of the party becomes the Prime Minister, and the party leader can be voted out by their party, hence changing the Prime Minister.

I'm not sure the exact requirements to start a vote to change the PM but its happened way too much in the past 10 years.

Oh and NBN is National Broadband Network. Was a plan from the old government to dramatically overhaul internet infrastructure but the new (and current) government reduced the scale and ended up botching it

youtu.be/amUNEsSdy_g

You tell me, OP.

This look like a leader to you?

Not particularly,

but this looks like a leader to me:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5qaZvqO-w

I honestly think that him being put into PM was some kind of joke that got out of a hand amongst Liberal party.

>no charisma
>frequently embarrassing himself on camera
>will only be remembered for "stop the boats" slogan

so yeah all he really did was develop the ongoing refugee policy of either turning them around back to shitville or sending them to RAPE ISLAND to be "processed"

absolutely no charm or great policy that he brought and the country is better off without him.

It's a shame everyone was excited to get malcom, because even though he's a hillary level reptile, at least everyone agreed "oh wow this guy isn't a 100% moron and can talk in public"

Based Tone will rise again

One issue voters need to leave.

So, I suppose while the Lib/Nats (still don't quite get why they are separate) may be cuckservatives - are they still a better option than the ALP?

The liberals still sell us to the Chinese, but so does labor.

They're both cunts

National party caters to rural conservatives while the Liberal Party represents urban conservatives. Naturally the National party is more socially conservative and the Liberals are more fiscally conservative. ALP used to represent the working class but have gone full SJW over the last few years which has caused them to lose a lot of working class support

>3 younger wives
did he turn islamic?