How can anyone look at this picture and not believe in a higher power?

?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/nature/journal/v465/n7297/pdf/465422a.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because some autist on /p/ probably edited it in lightroom

Because they're dead inside.

No photoshop, it's from NASA's daily picture website

Patterns can be found in nature, not saying this pic isn't fake though because it's fake as hell.

can you point to the part of the picture that contains god?

those are clouds

Allahu akbar.

all of it
all of you
all of this

>nice work nasa..wish i could photo shop that good.

if all it takes is for you to look at fancy ass clouds shrouded in lightning to believe in god, u must be one gullible idiot.

Oh yeah now I see...I think I see Gods butthole.

>babies get sudden pneumothorax and die
>babies can be born with harlequin ichthyosis
>babies can be born with anencephaly

OY VEY GOD SURE IS A MIRACLE WORKER!

>all of me

does that make me god?

if so, as your god I order you to kill yourself

It just makes me want to harness the power of lightning to power the world.

it must be nice to have such a limited view of the universe. sometimes I wish I was dumb and unconcerned with the goings on of this dimension as well

Existence is proof of God. It is progress.

Because time lapse photography was a man-made invention?

All I see are 1's and 0's

Hey user there's a higher power in my butthole come take a look

>some clouds formed and looks kinda cool
>WOW God himself must have made it!

NASA photoshops the shit out of everything, though.

so is god

That filename

CAN YOU TAKE ME HIGHER

(beer der der der da dun)

TO A PLACE WHERE BLIND MEN SEE

>higher power?

Well of course "Higher powers" exist.

We can't do shit about the higher power of entropy
and we can't do shit about things like supernova exploding.

Of course higher powers exist.

but a mega-man-like immortal being with a consciousness and will that resembles that of a human?

Yeah I da know about all that.

does he wipe?

All I see is space not yet consumed by kek

Praise him

Kek

Assuming someone had studied meteorology, I'd wager they would be able to reduce the situation to fairly atomic affectors given proper tools.

remember this one?

Who is the Wizard who makes the grass green?

My N-word. The Thai word for "now" is Dee-O Nee, which translates to, "Only This". No future, no past, only this.

>its not photoshop, its from photoshop professionals

If there is one, its more likely to be pic related looking how our world is fucked up.

because atheists are actually small minded, unimaginative, people.

Religion DOES take a ton of imagination

Degrees in physics and math imho

Haha it's funny the argument that god is real because there are things and not only are there things but there are an abundance of things

not really, theists are told what to imagine by institutionalized child abuse called religious upbringing and education

The warp storm..it is gone!

Referring to the origins of religion. Take a look at fucking Scientology and tell me there wasn't a fair amount of imagination going on

Wasn't easy but I managed to look at the picture without believing in a higher power. What is my prize?

^^This.

The idea that there is a benevolent, human-like god who gives two shits about what is going on on that little forsaken piece of rock in that random region of that random galaxy is not only stupid but self-centered and autistic in the highest degree.

My advice, forget about god and enjoy your life. Because if there is such a thing like a god, it is far too big for humans to ever understand.

Pic related.

agreed, it takes imagination to create a religion

i guess it could also take imagination to think where you're going to 'live' after you die

>but a mega-man-like immortal being with a consciousness and will that resembles that of a human?

I still don't get how people don't get this. How this isn't evidence a human just made this shit up. If you ask a human who didn't know anything about anything, where everything came from they'd probably say a a bigger human created it, because that's what they see in front of them, a human who creates stuff.

It's the most primitive thought.

Nah religious people are the most unimaginative people.

>Uhhh... someone that looks just like me created everything!

That's pretty unimaginative compared to imaging things working on scales from the subatomic and the atomic to the super-massive. How all these different things over time, shape and change on their own. There is no need to inject and project consciousness all over it.

It's a 20+ second exposure and Hugh dynamic range...meaning nothing about it reflects reality

escapism

Give us your address and we will mail you some balloons filled with Tuna Juice.

DUDE...LIKE...WOAH...

How so fuck face if its LITERALLY A PICTURE of things going on. It just so fast we cant see all at once. You're such a know-it-all sounding twat i bet you're shit in real life conversations

>projecting your insignificant reasoning upon an omnipotent being
can you design life? Oh you cant? Then stfu.
If you dont believe in god, thats fine, but the old "if god exists why do babies die" argument is fucking pathetic.
If no babies ever died how would the concept of faith be relevant?
How do you know that completely innocent babies who suffer death are not, on the flip side, given a free ticket to heaven?

>>projecting your insignificant reasoning upon an omnipotent being

Irrelevant

>can you design life? Oh you cant? Then stfu.

Irrelevant

>If you dont believe in god, thats fine, but the old "if god exists why do babies die" argument is fucking pathetic.

Its an argument against a caring moral god.
Why do babies die? Its not solved yet by believers.

>If no babies ever died how would the concept of faith be relevant?

Faith is believing.You can believe even if no kids die.

>How do you know that completely innocent babies who suffer death are not, on the flip side, given a free ticket to heaven?

If heaven is better than life and the babies are lucky to be in heaven then this life is cruel to people.
God is cruel then...

>Pictured, over 60 images were stacked to capture the flow of lightning-producing storm clouds in July over Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.
Not real.

>can you design life? Oh you cant? Then stfu.

has already been done

Nature asked eight synthetic-biology experts about the implications for science and society of the “synthetic cell” made by the J. Craig Venter Institute (JCVI). The institute's team assembled, modified and implanted a synthesized genome into a DNA-free bacterial shell to make a self-replicating Mycoplasma mycoides.

nature.com/nature/journal/v465/n7297/pdf/465422a.pdf

that's like saying growing a banana tree means you designed bananas
try again.

what part of 'synthesized genome' do you not understand?

>How can anyone look at this picture and not believe in a higher power?

More like foreshadowing of what's to come for all of humanity

it looks like an event of chaos and destruction to me.

How can anyone look at this picture and not believe in a higher power?

the part where copying something that already existed for all of human history, equates to creating that existence itself.

Scientific Explanation.

the new microbe, JCVI-syn3.0, created in the laboratory, is a species of bacteria with a genetic code smaller than any known to exist in nature and basically a new organism with a minimal code necessary for life

>b-b-but they grew the smallest banana tree ever!
cool story bro

>no photoshop
>NASA

lol, we need to learn how to peel those banana's with pincers

How can a Theist look up at the stars, hundreds of thousands and millions of light years away (meaning the light from those stars has been traveling hundreds of thousands or millions of years to reach our eyes) and not believe that Earth is more than 6000 years old much less the rest of the universe?

Weather phenomena can be explained by changes in temperature, pressure, wind velocity, and humidity.

The light from the stars being older than you think all of the universe is you just handwave away as magic.

>s-shit, evidence
Cool story bro

well at least we can agree that one of us is a lot more stupid than the other.

okay you're not understanding something.

They made a genome that doesn't exist in nature, it's a lifeform that does not exist naturally, put it into the protein machinery needed to read the code, and it became a new lifeform that did not previously exist.

That is designing life, not copying it, designing.

It's an entirely new organism.

are you suggesting that they created this genome without first studying naturally occurring genomes?

god is a spook, that's why.

>>babies can be born with harlequin ichthyosis
Thank you for reminding me of that shit, I graduated from medical school and that's one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen.

all life operates on either RNA or DNA genetic code. It's just 3 nucleotide sequences that specify amino acids (or stop codons) to put into a peptide chain, then the peptide chain folds based on different attractive and repulsive molecular forces into a 3 dimensional shape, a protein.

It's in a way, similar to binary code used in computers.1 is an electric pulse, 0 is a pause. It's just more complicated because there are 20 amino acids and 3 stop codons and there's some redundancy (some Amino acids have multiple codons)

Understanding how a type of code works, and then utilizing the code to make new programs (or in this case new lifeforms) is not copying, it's designing.

So yes, Humans can design life, just like humans can write programs.

If there is a God, he didn't hand craft things with clay and then breathe life into them, he made genetic code and then let it run on its own, like a simulation program.

You're probably replying to a troll post, don't wast your energy user.

Psychotic

>being this autistic
You do realize that your consciousness is like a beacon in the dark. If we were as little an insignificant as you say then I speculate there would be billions of other organisms within communication distance. Oh wait there's not as far as we know we are the only form of life in this universe.

>Implying God is bound by the system he created.
I get the sense you, at least somewhat, realise how trivial your argument is.
This is my last post. It seems you are unable, or refuse, to accept the fact you are not God.

>something appears visually stimulating
IT'S GOTTA BE GOD YOU GUYS

user didn't imply anything, he explained the mechanics of designing and creating life

>It seems you are unable, or refuse, to accept the fact you are not God.

you're not the sharpest knife inthe drawer, are you?

if God can just magic us into existence, why do we have genetic code and why do we operate on biochemical machinery that can arise from a natural origin the same as it could from an intelligent designer? Life is an inevitability given the right conditions, and more complex life and more intelligent life is also an inevitability unless you have an environment too harsh to support it, limiting the life that arises to remain relatively simple.

If there's a higher power or intelligent designer, the evidence doesn't support it being perfect or omnipotent or possessing magic powers, but rather a fallible intelligence utilizing biochemistry

and if God was an omnipotent being that could magic everything into existence through his will alone, why did he make all life related using a relatively easy to understand code that would allow humans to one day "play God". Because if the bible is literally true, then God HATES competition and cast down his favorite Angel for wanting to replace him or be equal to him.

If God were truly omnipotent, he'd make sure the power of creation soley rested in his domain.

Today we can make completely novel microbes and make chimera organisms. In some decades or centuries, we'll be able to make designer megafauna for whatever purposes we want. We may end up engineering improvements to human beings that end up replacing us as a species and making ourselves go extinct.

what kind of a fucking demons are spawning over there burgercunts, wtf is that???

BEHOLD GOD'S CREATION

I wonder if all of these redditors/atheists will start believing in dieties now that Elon musk and other famous meme scientist are coming out in belief that we are part of a program.

I don't think we're a computer simulation, but I don't 100% rule it out either. We have a code like a program. It's a biochemical programming language.

It's possible we were engineered by ayyylmaos, it's possible we arose naturally, it's possible we're living in the fucking matrix.

We might never know until we get to a point where we literally play creator ourselves.