How did Watto being an anti-Semitic cliche slip through the cracks?

How did Watto being an anti-Semitic cliche slip through the cracks?

He's literally the Happy Merchant character, down to the beard, hat, and expression.

The media would go insane if this happened today.

Other urls found in this thread:

allday.com/post/1632-the-most-racist-characters-from-the-star-wars-universe/
davechen.net/2012/02/racism-stereotypes-phantom-menace-star.html
youtube.com/watch?v=i909Rm4NQN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is pretty surprising.

He's way more of a caricature than these guys.

Was George Lucas based? I think the prequels denounced neoliberalism.

Lucas was just being an idiot, as usual. He writes and works almost entirely through stereotypes and cliches. It's no surprise his stupid brain shat this character out.

It didnt. Lucas recieved a lot of critizism because his aliens were litterally parodieng a foreigners- from jews to mexicans and niggers.

allday.com/post/1632-the-most-racist-characters-from-the-star-wars-universe/
davechen.net/2012/02/racism-stereotypes-phantom-menace-star.html

I actually wonder if Lucas is secretly anti-Semitic, just because of Watto. Although Lucas is a friend of Spielberg.

Maybe it was one of the character designers having a laugh.

>down to the beard, hat, and expression.

And even the nose! ESPECIALLY the nose. That snout is literally an alien version of the notorious Jew nose.

ONLY MONEY

I wonder if Jewish people squirmed in their seats when they saw Watto for the first time in the theaters.

youtube.com/watch?v=i909Rm4NQN8

Hes Chris Chan almost.

The jewish merchant meme wasn't alive back then. We just assumed he was a gypsy with an italian accent who shared our love for shekels.

Space Jews are popular.

farengis are muslims, think about it.
women are kept naked which is a direct opposite of keeping htem fully clothed, and they dont let them out of the house or let them trade. They only care about profit.
The kikes are obviously bajorans with their prophets and constant whinging about oppression, they even wear an ear-ring which looks suspiciously like a menorah.
just my 20c

Hutts represent Saudi royals

Except aren't the Ferengi cowards and afraid of fighting?

That's funny, because that means that whoever designed Watto was actually secretly hardcore enough to know that racist image already, before it was prevalent on the internet.

Yeah, total Orientalist cliche.

His own harem, a hookah, living in a palace out in the desert...

true that. i mean yeah the different species are meant to represent different aspects of humanity, so it's possible that more than one race is representing (((them)))

Because the voice actor was Jewish and decided on that particular voice himself.

wtf Lucas is redpilled?

Well with the expanded universe the conclusion of all that stuff is that the galactic empire was right and the new republic is just as shitty as the previous one

it's a bajora menora :^)

(((Abram)))

merchant memes are some of the oldest memes of mankind

>Maybe it was one of the character designers having a laugh.

This.

That's not a real Picasso. Dunno about the other two.

Ever read the Merchant of Venice?
I think the Jew stereotype has been around since Jews. You might be able to kike your way out of this thread and pretend like Watto isn't just a direct port, but your sneaky tricks won't work on Shakespeare, Jew!

You can't deny it wasn't as prevalent back in the 90's though.

>The jewish merchant meme wasn't alive back then.
that is wrong.

>They only care about profit
so farengis are jews then

bajorans are definitely space palis with their whining about oppression, hardcore beliefs and terror-rebellion tactics

Lol desu user, I'm not really sure. I was too young to be fully redpilled back then. All I remember from the 90s is the dawn of 64-bit graphics, and the aids fuss. One thing though, is that I don't remember everyone universally hating mudslimes back then. I think the over exposure to them helped this develop, but either way, I don't remember hearing about them very often. IRA was the biggest terrorist threat to the UK at that point.
What do actual Jews think of the stereotype? I've seen swarms of very very stereotypical Jews in New York, and I could certainly see where it came from. You guys probably came up with it though right? Lol

Is it not a real Picasso or is it not a real Picasso because you don't want it to be

Checkmate, JIDF

Holy fuck I never noticed the hat was yarmulke

naw we have gone over this.
Ferengi are Jew Classic.
Bajorians are New Jew(post WW2 Israeli)

It was my dad an my favorite character out of the whole legacy! we would say, Because he was represented as a blue Jewish flying creature of tatooine!

Don't know many jews who know about the happy merchant meme, but we learn about nazi propaganda pieces for obvious reasons so people are likely to equate the two.

That said we have a good sense of self-humor, when I make greedy jew jokes around my friends they don't get offended.

>post WW2 Israeli
that would only work if the bajorans actually gained land instead of lost it to foreign invaders. the bajorans were also dispersed to other lands iirc.

ONLY SHEKELS, GOYIM

>Jew Classic
geg

To be honest, I think people don't actually understand or get the Happy Merchant. Like people don't understand that stereotype is stereotyping Jews. People don't really understand what a Jewish stereotype is, they're afraid to stereotype them.

Picasso never painted that "Portrait of a Merchant", it's from DeviantArt you dipshit

I always thought Watto was like a romanian gypsy, trying to sell his garbage, but i guess his nose is a litte obvious

and then there's these mudslimes

give me a (you), quick

Fucking terrorists

this goy gets it

How do normies convince themselves that he represents a Jew? Isn't it really racist to say "hey, that big nosed greedy bastard is just a like Jew! Fucking racists!" I didn't even know what Jews were when I saw this movie.

ewoks are a tribe of fucking manlet native americans