Prove to me your god exists and I shall serve him for the rest of my mortal and immortal life

Prove to me your god exists and I shall serve him for the rest of my mortal and immortal life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE
reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

praise kek and check these digits

never mind, just worship aroused baphomet

even if he existed, why you would serve a being that shitted on all us or didn't care about any of us, if he exist he can suck my dick

Prove to me you're not a faggot

Boom

Feel free to build your shrine to Kek any time you feel like it, lad.

if you see a building, can you see the builder?
no, but you somehow know that the someone/something built it
so is the relationship with God and existence

i'm atheist, MGTOW , meat eater, capitalist, anti communist , anti feminist

Easy check these and praise kek

cringe-worthy edge lord

That falls into the problem of infinite regression m8.

Likewise evolution and processes like Abiogenesis would allow for things which seem created when in fact they are not

this argument is the fucking worst of all the arguments. durr hurr needs a creator because its clearly intelligently designed. Try explaining without analogies that are flawed please.

John 20:29

>infinite regression is a problem
>would allow for things which 'seem' created

what exactly are you saying
that God didn't create everything?

I used to believe in kek ironically, I don't believe ironically anymore

NOT AN ARGUMENT
it doesen't NEED a creator, it has a creator. period
if your not convinced its your own fault

This is actual truth.

>what exactly are you saying
that God didn't create everything?

That your analogy doesnt really fit in two separate ways. The first is that complexity implies a creator - which is not a sound conclusion- and secondly that this creator (unlike the human examples with buildings and clocks) is exempt from this principle which means that even in your logic complexity can arise without a creator.

ReMINDER:
Christianity is Cuck: the Religion.

Joseph got cucked by the god himself and Jesus is literally his wife's son.

Also, cucktians are even worst then "if you kill youir enemies, they win". You are supposed to "love thy enemy" and when struck you must "turn the other cheek". Jesus actually said "DO NOT RESIST EVIL MEN"

Anyone pretending to be christian is either cuck or troll.

not a Christian but read Edward Feser's book on Aquinas if you want an understanding of one of the few cohesive, robust series of arguments for God's existence. expect to have to take a few notes though.

unfortunately no one here will be able to provide you with proof or good reason to believe in any kind of metaphysical truth. this is the cruel fact of human existence. the uncertainty of the one thing we want to be certain - maybe even the one thing we can't survive not believing.

Its not 'complexity' that implies a creator, it's existence that does

wether its a building, or a tree, or an animal, or the builder himself, all are results of Gods work

you just think that trees and shit are results of a scientific process, which isn't wrong, but you cant say that the process is independent from God unless you've already denied his existence in the first place, which means you believe in only what you perceive, which means your arguments are faulty

Ask yourself this.

Why is there anything at all?

Not why are we here, not who the creator of our universe is or any other question. Forget all of that.

What is the purpose of anything existing at all? If we live in a matrix, created by god(s) or are some biological experiment is irrelevant when you step back and ask why anything is here at all.

Why isn't there nothing?

That is the truest and purest of existential questions we can ask ourselves.

>mgtow
Lmao

This.

>few cohesive, robust series of arguments for God's existence.

It struggles a fair bit and is entirely based on pretty dubious foundations of forms and holymophism.

""For a form to exist in a material thing is just for that material thing to be the kind of thing the form is a form of; for example, the form of dogness to exist in a certain parcel of matter is just for that parcel of matter to be a dog. And in that case, if your intellect was just the same thing as some part of your brain, it follows that part of your brain would become a dog whenever you thought about dogs"

He cant comprehend that things like "dogness" are simple abstractions human minds make up rather than some union of mystical essences.

>Its not 'complexity' that implies a creator, it's existence that does

You are not making your point very clear hear because paragraph

>wether its a building, or a tree, or an animal, or the builder himself, all are results of Gods work

You go on to list a whole bunch of complex objects. Can you clarify whether you include the existence of things like atoms and the like as proof?

I dont see how this argument you bring up gets around the issue of a being like God not needing a creator

>you just think that trees and shit are results of a scientific process, which isn't wrong, but you cant say that the process is independent from God unless you've already denied his existence in the first place, which means you believe in only what you perceive, which means your arguments are faulty

I dont, I believe that science describes some of these processes and that these processes are sufficient to explain existence which then inferes either the non existence of God or non necessity of God.

Also "which means you believe in only what you perceive"

Is physically impossible for all but the most medically challenged of humans. Even the most hardcore science followers require metaphysical and inferences.

Haven't read The Last Superstition but Feser provides a better metaphysical grounding for the 5 ways in his Aquinas book. A big part of this is the fact that things with different forms follow different 'rules'. In an Aristotleian teleological sense the fact that things with common essences have particular 'final causes' implies there is real differentiation between different kinds of forms. I might be completely wrong.

Ive read the book, the issue with Aristotelian logic is that its based on a very long chain of reasoning beginning with the problem of universals and the forms which then lead on to things like actuality and potentiality.

Aquinas and Aristotle can produce very complex and nuanced answers with these assumptions being true, however those foundations are shaky as and have no reason to just be accepted.

It does not matter if you believe in him or not.

He believes in you user and hopes you follow him eventually.

True enough, user. What I found more interesting was his criticism of Hume's thoughts on causality and of Cartesian dualism. I found them quite robust. What did you think?

I need to read more on Hume however I get the sense he misrepresents him. I dont think Hume was denying the existence of causality as much as he was BTFOing of the empiricist epistemology of it.

> I found them quite robust. What did you think?

Its hard, because as he is condescending and Dawkins level smug - he literally writes about his opponents having shit eating grins for instance - I have the inkling that even though he is a far superior philosopher he too falls into the same biases and dirty tricks used by the the newathists.

Hence I often have great doubts over the portrayal and fairness he gives to opponents arguments even if he does bring them up. Given that ill never have the time and will to fully get into all the authors he attacks I take his views with a heavy grain of salt outside of them being representative of scholastic thought.

Yeah, I was disappointed when I heard that The Last Superstiton was basically new atheist tier polemics. Seems a little strange for a Catholic writer on philosophy convinced of the strength of his position to stoop down to personal attacks. If he's just imitating the new atheist modus operandi to bring more attention to his work it seems to undermine his Catholic ethics a bit.

Thanks user. I've been looking forward to reading Hume for myself anyway so I suppose I'll try and form a more informed opinion.

Rate my cate

7/10

Cat is sideways on wall.

god is not for you to believe in

>Yeah, I was disappointed when I heard that The Last Superstiton was basically new atheist tier polemics.

It really does seem like the he who fights the monsters becomes a monster type situation however I hope that it was just him doing it for marketing reasons.

>Thanks user. I've been looking forward to reading Hume for myself anyway so I suppose I'll try and form a more informed opinion.

From what little ive read he can be quite as far as philosophers go and fortunately doesn't require you to get into translation battles. His ideas on causation are fantastic for flustering science worshipers. Hope you have fun investigating all these big questions

Im more of a fluffy cat guy myself, but I'll still give a 7.5/10

Thats a nice kitter you got there Spaniard

looks like you take good care of him/her

9/11

>Prove to me your god exists and I shall serve him for the rest of my mortal and immortal life.

I can't prove, but I can give you significant evidence if you look carefully.

"Hearing that Zach lost his son really struck a nerve with me, especially because I'm the one who killed him."

youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/

My favorite kind of Russian

13/10

i think you linked the wrong video my man

I just kek'd so fucking hard

Praise be to Kylo!

My God? I dont think you understand how this works

If there is a creator, he most certainly didnt make it easy for us to prove his existance.

read the Qur'an.
And thou shalt be enlightened!

hahaha no thanks christian bible is already stupid to go even more lower, all religions are crap

The real question is "do I agree with the teachings of that religion? Do they promote a life I would like to live and share with other people?"

God has nothing to do with that. If you're wondering about God when choosing your religion it means you're just in it for the afterlife gibs and you're just a parasite.

Also, it's kind of stupid to think that God could be mad at you for choosing the wrong religion eventhough you thought you honestly thought that religion came closest to the answer to what's good and what's wrong. It'd be like a scientist throwing a fit at a new born baby for not being able to answer quantum physics questions.

Do what you think best in all honesty with yourself and I think you'll be a godlier man than all those who worship a God because they were told to do so.

> Prove to me your god exists

Faith has nothing to do with proofs user, I'm sorry.

Not at all. You can have a coherent worldview to share with other people without having any kind of religion.
The question of God arises out of a desire to understand beginnings and purpose. If God is and if He designed mankind with a purpose, then to understand and fulfill that purpose is literally the point of your existence.

Choosing a religion for any reason other than believing it's teachings are truth is the most basic herd-behavior. In that sense I agree with your last statement again.

The universe created itself. If you dont believe its your own fault

Simple, check these digits and know Kek is real.

In fact, the very definition of faith is belief without proof.

With proof anyone would believe, thereby making it pointless.

Do what you want, OP, but God will always welcome you should you choose to accept him.

but proof denys faith, and without faith I am nothing.
I have heard God, but I can't prove it to you, God said "I have a son" so I'm chritsian now

The universe is a holographic phantasm which necessitates an all-encompassing and universe-wide light source to give it dimensionality. All matter is spectral and made of light and although your brain is encased in a pitch black tomb never experiencing it directly, you live in a vivid and light-filled world within that black box.

Everything is light and god is the source.

Look at my digits

That's all proove you will ever need to worship Kek

Religion proves were dumber than we think.

When humanity falls on hard times, without fail we turn to religion to bond and endure.

This is instinctual, centuries ago our ancestors prayed to the stars to assure themselves the sun would return.
They had their eyes to the sky so often, with fear and hope, they mapped the earth's astral topography.

In essence, religion gave humanity its drive for truths in the unknown and our thirst for knowledge.

But before knowledge and the thirst thereof, there was only faith.

If God isnt real the world wouldn't test us so, its the one test every human has the ability to take/pass/fail before their death even in your mothers womb.

If only pizzas can cook themselves, i'm kinda hungry right now.

divineinformation.com

Believe in digits and Kek!