Something just occured to me; I have never actually witnessed a Christian win an argument about their faith

Something just occured to me; I have never actually witnessed a Christian win an argument about their faith.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4FG_xZAzsQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you willingly live in ignorance because it gives you peace of mind, a set of moral rules to abide by, and/or an answer to what happens after death?
Not shitposting i'm genuinely curious how the mind of a monotheist works because I cant wrap my head around it
If you have no facts with which to back up the claim that there is an omnipotent God, how can you truly believe in it? Isnt blind faith in something subjective a bad thing?

*tipping intensifies*

Jordan Peterson has answer to your question, though I'm not sure you would consider him "Christian" in the modern sense of the word.

Christian: "Why are you such a dick?"

>Getting triggered over religion
>>>/Reddit/

Thanks for proving OP's post that you Christians are literally retarded when it comes to proving Christianity

Atheism is the most logical OP, don't fall for some "big old cunt in the clouds" bullshit. Literally fucking retarded.

>I have never actually witnessed a Christian win an argument about their faith.
no you just don't accept their agruments

Apparently "i have faith" is the argument against needing any evidence to support one's own belief.

>I have no need for your simple ideas such as God I believe in the only true God Science! Can you not understand my high mind, probably because you're a simple monotheist, haha, I laugh at your small mind!

Literally kill yourself and burn in hell heathen.

That's cuz their arguments information are from a fucking book that their mother told them to read

>A
>FUCKING
>BOOK

>blind faith in something subjective a bad thing

Well, apparently all political, philosophical, and religuous ideas are bad. EVERYONE BTFO!

Also, there's been plenty of threads where some people use arguments for Christianity apart from using the bible. I don't feel like repeating it because every day there's a thread about this. I need to copy down other people's answers.

Convincing people is what argument is. If you do not accept their argument that is them losing you fucking egg.

Faulty generalization, good job on ignoring the millions of conversions in Asian countries. "Hurr durr but muh indoctrination argument!"

I mean, most arguments come from books?

Muslim here. Never seen a Muslim win either. I just think its one of those things thats better to keep to yourself and not start a debate about because you will lose each time.

Atheism is not logical, it is retarded.

Agnostisism is the most logical because of its neutrality on a topic that can never be proven. Claiming that "there is no god" is a blind argument because of how fucking obscure and rediculous it is to make a claim that large.

Honestly atheism is fucking cancer.

It's pointless to argue about faith to Atheists.

You either "get it" or you don't

Yes but not a book written by god no knows who two thousands years ago that could've been literally just be any fictional book.

Maybe cuz the chinese government suppressed religious movements and only now more and more people in china are getting more open about it?

>proving Christianity
How do you prove faith? Arguing a line of faith is better than all others is literally holding your opinion over everyone. Worth noting: Atheism isn't even a religion.

Better than "HURR DURR MAN IN DA SKY DOING MAGIC N SHIET TO US".
Atheism uses Science (A thing that actually fucking works) to prove existence fag

Fucking religious fucks should off themselves, only reason you believe in religion is because family tradition

And that "loss" will turn into you looking like a fool, and everyone who follows the same faith as you looking like a fool as well, and will only end up in people leaving their faith for Atheism. There is no net gain in arguing for religion. Just quietly preach without creating a disturbance.

no surprise there, user. every major religion holds faith (belief in things not seen) as an essential tenet. it's hard to explain or show faith with rational proof.

>lmao old books are for dummies

This is some r/atheism tier shit

Faith is pointless to debate, it's more of a preference than a fact based belief. The only time I care about someones faith is if they start flying planes into buildings

Faith is defined as belief without certainty. If they could prove it for certain, it would be a fact, not a faith.

they have nothing to prove to you

Somebody post the YUO CAN'T KNOW!!!1 image making fun of agnostics. It is the most retarded shit ever. Are you agnostic about unicorns too? Agnostic about whether we live in a simulation? Agnostic about whether Obama is a shape shifting lizard? You can't prove any of those either, so why live your life any differently.

And stop forming laws/political opinions that revolve around religion. That's the most important thing.

2000 years old m8

You'd consider it may be a little outdated?

Im an agnostic theist. I cant prove or know if there is a god, but i believe there is one.

>Religious fucks should off themselves
Those so-called "religious fucks" are probably better at enjoying life than some 350 lb fedora wearing atheist will ever be.

Agnosticism only applies to the knowledge of god you retard and it is true that you cant know. Unless you can assure to me that god 100% exists or is 100% fake, i will always be agnostic. Just saying "muh sciences and shit" isnt really a good argument, because of the idea that god created everything that exists.

I thought atheists were supposed to have an iq of at least 130

>2000 years old and outdated
Guess we better stop thinking math works because that has been around longer than the bible.

I'm not convinced any sane individual can sincerely believe (have faith) that God exists. They can say they believe. They can try really hard to convince themselves and maybe just agree to ignore any information that contradicts their assumption. But they will never truly believe without question in the same way that one believes their car will stop when they step on the brake pedal. Nobody has as much faith in God as the average person does in their brakes. Not even close. People who do likely don't live very long because they would rely on God too much and God can't stop a car traveling at 65 mph.

But here is one argument I can win for Christians even though they are so busy trying to convince themselves that they never came up with this on their own: To have faith means to assume that God exists in the absence of and in spite of all evidence. Seeking to prove our provide evidence of God itself acting contrary to faith. One who has faith has no use for evidence. One who seeks to provide evidence is announcing to the world that he has failed to convince himself that God exists.

because you are a follower of belzeebub and refuse to accept the good news.

As if Christians believed in everything the bible says.
You fedorians are retarded and completely out of touch.
Christianity is more about a shared heritage and a shared culture. It's part of a nation just like language, race and folklore. The bible is nothing more than a symbol that unites the nation.

All guesses at the origin of the universe at this point in time are stupid, including atheism.

Those who have won are those who have passed.

They're in their Heaven, all is right with the world.

>freedom is the opposite of tyranny
>god allows complete freedom
> god is the opposite of tyranny

Checkmate

>Everything just magically created itself out of nowhere
Literally fucking retarded.

They win a lot of emotional arguments and have a solid framework that can fill in needed thoughts and a lot of social context.

People go to religion when they feel bad and need to stabilize their lives or when they are alone and have no meaning.

So sure, they might not win le arguments but what they provide is something people want to consume.

Nice job proving OP's point you dumb burger.

You think there is no evidence because you only see what you know. You sound so assured in your arrogance. If you truly wish to know God, ask, and he will make himself known.

Millions of years of iteration to see what works and what doesn't

You really don't think God is controlling all of that science that you Nihilshits for some reason just love to dry hump in front of every religious person under the sun?

>HAHA HEY FAGGOT THERE IS NO GOD
>How do you know that for sure?
>MUH SCIENCE OF COURSE

You're not an atheist. You're a nihilist, and nobody likes you because of it.

There is no such thing as god.

People turn to religion because they are too weak to provide meaning for their lives. They see 'signs' (delusions) that reaffirm their 'beliefs', which any normal human being would ignore.

>Oh I almost got hit by a car
>religious nutjob = Oh that's a sign from god telling me to get my life on track
>Normal person = Wow that was close, I got lucky

They're not ''stupid''. What a dumbass statement.
Many people have made great arguments for the origin of the universe.

It's not that guessing the origin of the universe is ''stupid'', it's that it's not really that relevant.
Apatheism is the red pill.
At the end of the day it really doesn't matter whether or not there is a god. It has zero relevance to my life.
Let's say god doesn't exit - ok, so what? I'll still shitpost on Sup Forums.
Let's say there is a god - ok, so what? I'll still shitpost on Sup Forums until I receive direct orders from god to stop.

For people who follow Christianity I don't think it matters whether or not god is real. The religion serves it's purpose, and if it improves your life and society as a whole, that's great.
It also doesn't matter whether or not Mudslimes got it right and Allah is real. They're still scum and we need to get rid of them.
Jews pray to Satan and it doesn't matter whether or not Satan is real, unless they do actually get buffs from Satan.

Scientists.

>make assumptions about space
>change their ideas non-stop
>literally have to re-take science class one a decade because the "scientists" views have chnaged
>they care about diversity and uneducated people getting into jobs that release info you idiots believe

Just check the CDC's for the last comment

This 100%. We will all just see in the end won't we atheists? One of the worse things I can think of is thinking what if I'm wrong at the last second

Nobody can just say that with such high confidence. Nor can they say the opposite with such high confidence. You don't know, I don't know. Those that do know are those that are dead.

Maybe there's nothing on the other side. Maybe it really is chilling on a cloud with everyone you ever loved and experiencing the worst pain forever. Maybe it's getting reincarnated into a brand new baby without any knowledge of your previous existence or a fucking ant, I don't know. And neither do you. And it's not worth worrying about while you're still here.

Well at least that person will try to make there life better.

Christianity is as crazy as Hillary not in prison

Still doesn't mean god exists though mate.

>
>And stop forming laws/political opinions that revolve around religion. That's the most important thing.

user said it. Stop it people!

It doesn't matter whether or not you're wrong.
There are endless possibilities. Maybe Allah is the one true god and you'll get fucked in the end. It doesn't matter.

If you got it right and the Christian god is the real deal, you don't have any better chances than me to get into heaven.

You can't prove anything thing. You really think we as a race are smart enough to determine our true origin? There may or may not be a God, so forget this autistic shit and move on.

faith is not meant to be argued. it's an identity. saying "i'm a christian" doesn't mean "debate me" it means this is who i am and what i believe and what kind of people i associate myself with. this is the main reason why you see all the nu age SJWs and feminazis and transfats are atheists. because they lack a normal identity so they choose one of the nu age identities. look at muslim identity - their religious identity is so strong that degeneracy is almost nonexistent in their country. whereas where there are more atheists the degeneracy is strong and thriving.

>i'm terrified of death
>save me sky daddy!!

there is no afterlife you 11 toed freak

Pa always told me the worst sin you could commit is suicide. Because you could kill your whole life and then apologize at the last minute, and the loving forgiving God will love and forgive. But you can't apologize for suicide while you're still mortal. That's what will drag you to Hell. So will sorrowless murder of course.

Well surely you have been dead before to tell me this with any uncertainty in the slightest.

I was with you untill you brought up IQ

>degeneracy is almost nonexistent in their country
Shut the fuck up, Ahmed.
Arab countries the most degenerate shitholes.
Child fucking, goat fucking, barbaric men with no honor, dumb low IQ women who aren't allowed to learn anything, dumb low IQ men, endless wars over stupid nonsense rules etc.

They're the ultimate degenerates. Not even SJW are this bad.

>God controls science

You just can't win against these guys, Literally everything is "God this" and "God that" in their minds fuck.

>Make assumptions about space
Those assumptions and knowledge of space got the U.S on the moon, retard.

>Change their ideas non-stop
No shit. That's how science progresses. You expect all knowledge to pop up at once?

>Science hasn't proven everything yet so i'm just gonna go back to muh bible lmao

Bad example

>350 lb fedora wearing atheist

wow really won the argument there huh gg absolute game changer

Here come the butthurt Nord-wannabees who can't read and spew their nonsense insults.

At no point I even suggested that I believe in afterlife. Learn to read.

>well surely you have been dead before

No. If you're an american, nobody expects you to be intelligent. Please do your great nation a favor and commit genocide.

Sounds to me like you're just masturbating to your shitty ideologies as you just barely type all this shit out. Man are you going to feel like a tool when HE sends you down to the fiery pits. Satan does save the 11th level of nihilist twats such as yourself by the way.

i forgot the goatfucking and the child rapists.
yep, disregard

>and commit genocide
Indeed. Those heretic atheists shall pay for being so fucktarded.

>That flag
Well I'm done here, thanks for wasting my time you faggot.

You're assuming a fundamentalist Christian argument, which is a pretty weak one. Christianity is a mental and social framework that produces results and provides peace of mind in an acting and achieving person. It's a culture and way of life that works incredibly well for so many people. Getting caught up on material fact-checking of its mythology is pretty ignorant to the religion's purpose.

The best argument for Christianity is that it unified Europe and is the largest spiritual framework in the world. It's the religion that works for the most people.

It better have been a brainfart. Islam is a religion started by a pedophile that allows men to fuck pre-teens.

If i do go to hell, atleast i go to hell knowing that i didn't waste my life praising a fucking two thousand year old piece of text.

I didn't either. Religion is a man-made waste of time. Doesn't automatically bring God off the table.

>Make assumptions about space
Those assumptions and knowledge of space got the U.S on the moon, retard.
That was the rocket engineers, retard. Not their knowledge on space. Im not talking about gravity and the basic things. Im talking about the size of the solar system. The amount of this and this. That there is water on Mars.

>No shit. That's how science progresses. You expect all knowledge to pop up at once?
You fucking idiot. Now you are just twisting my words like a dumb fuck redditor. I was saying that they keep chaning their minds to LITERALLY the opposite of what they were saying before. Then they change their views back

Also nice one picking out two things I said because you were too dumb to answer the rest. Oh well. Better than having a fuck wit completley change what I am saying to benefit your side of your views

This
Was to

You have a painfully limited idea of what religious people are like, and I doubt you've ever had an earnest conversation with a religious person where you were open-minded enough to understand them.

He's probably some Lelbourne cunt

It was for the meme m8

>I have never actually witnessed a Christian win an argument about their faith.

This empirically happens:

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people." - Jesus Christ

That's why we have prisons and need detectives to find murderers and the sort...

“Take him yourselves and crucify him; I find no case against him.” The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die because he has claimed to be the Son of God.” Now when Pilate heard this, he was more afraid than ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4FG_xZAzsQ

>atheists unironically insisting Christianity is not metaphysical, as an argument

True. I hate melbourners so much.

Met so many gays there that smoke meth and get fucked in bathroom stalls

>community meetings and spiritual study are a waste of time

Yeah they should be chasing materialism instead

>One sentence makes my argument invalid
Nice fallacy fallacy...

It depends on your definition of winning retard.

Nobody ever wins Internet arguments it's about who stops replying first

christians are destined losers on earth. that's why they're instructed to give to the poor even if they don't have any, to turn the other cheek, etc. the only thing a christian needs is the love and approval of his god. earth is hardship and loss but if you play his little game of free will right you get to go to a sweet bonus stage after that lasts foreeeeeeeeeeever
what is the approval of internet geeks worth compared to that? nothing. the ability to win arguments means next to nothing to them. maybe means a little more to hardcore proselytizers and people looking to establish some theocratic organization but even they know when to cut their losses. if they don't wanna be saved they don't have to be. whatever.

>That was the rocket engineers
Wasn't just engineers m8

>Im talking about the size of the solar system

If we didn't know the size of our solar system, then how is it that we managed to calculate our trajectories so well of satellites and rovers to go to other planets?

NASA confirmed there was water on Mars aswell some time ago btw, around the time the Martian movie was released.

>I was saying that they keep chaning their minds to LITERALLY the opposite of what they were saying before

i don't see how that's an argument against it, Scientific knowledge changes all the time. We think we know something, but then we stumble across something that contradicts it and then we have to backtrack our knowledge of it and re-figure out how it works.

>Also nice one picking out two things i said
>literally have to re-take science class one a decade

Same point here Science changes constantly

>they care about diversity and uneducated people
That's a whole separate thing buddy, SJW crap. Only a small actual fucking minority of dickhead scientists think that

i legit believe that consumerism is what's driving women's increasing unhappiness
that and the poster boy for handsome in canada being justin trudeau.
have we even so far come to do like that?

>Wasn't just engineers m8
Didnt say it was just engineering

>If we didn't know the size of our solar system, then how is it that we managed to calculate our trajectories so well of satellites and rovers to go to other planets?
And? We never got proof. We got images that looked like star wars CGI

>NASA confirmed there was water on Mars aswell some time ago btw, around the time the Martian movie was released.
See above. No evidence.

>i don't see how that's an argument against it, Scientific knowledge changes all the time. We think we know something, but then we stumble across something that contradicts it and then we have to backtrack our knowledge of it and re-figure out how it works.
Oh like Global Warming is all humans fault. We have been through it getting cold and getting warm. Yet the "scientists" go on to say that its still the humans fault. Yes we may have to backtrack. But they keep researching the exact same thing. Blaming the exact same thing.

>Same point here Science changes constantly
Look above

>That's a whole separate thing buddy, SJW crap. Only a small actual fucking minority of dickhead scientists think that

CDC
A small organisation.

We are talking about scientists who are appointed by big government.

You are an SJW. You must have a hard time seeing that

The fundamental constants and quantities of the universe are tuned to very specific number. If the number was even slightly off for many of these factors, then the universe would be unable to support life.

The chance that life would be able to exist is so extremely small, that it can only be explained by:

1. God
This would also explain why people are designed seemingly intelligently.

2. Infinite universes
because it guarantees that a universe exists somewhere in which life exists.

Both of these choices require faith, since neither can truly be proven.
At least with God, you go to heaven when you die. I can't see any reason to go with the second option.

>arguing about faith
>winning

If you believe that everything is fucking fake, then how the fuck am i supposed to even get close to winning this argument if you think everything is fucking fake. Fucking hell.
>Photos from Mars
"Its fake!!"
>Photos from Space
"Its fake!!"
>Photos from the moon
>It's fake!!"

Fuck me, like i said, you just can't win because you don't believe in the proofs

>Oh like Global Warming is all humans fault. We have been through it getting cold and getting warm. Yet the "scientists" go on to say that its still the humans fault. Yes we may have to backtrack. But they keep researching the exact same thing. Blaming the exact same thing.
I don't believe in Global Warming myself so i somewhat agree with you on that part, I think we're just getting hotter because we're moving out of an ice age.

>We are talking about scientists who are appointed by big government.

Not all of those scientists believe in BS quotas matie, you can't prove that all of them believe so. Highly unlikely.

>You are an SJW
I'm sorry but that's a laughable statement, Just because i believe in Scientific theory doesn't make me an SJW.
99% of what i believe in contradicts SJWs

>2017
>athiesm
>literally the territory of social justice alt left neckbeards

>m-m-muh logic

imagine having this opinion and being outside the light of god

>win an argument about their faith.
Because faith lacks logic user. It's in the basis of the concept. You either believe or don't.

>If you believe that everything is fucking fake, then how the fuck am i supposed to even get close to winning this argument if you think everything is fucking fake. Fucking hell.
>>Photos from Mars
>"Its fake!!"
>Photos from Space
>>"Its fake!!"
>Photos from the moon
>>It's fake!!"

>Fuck me, like i said, you just can't win because you don't believe in the proofs
You see. That's the fucking problem with you people. You cant believe everything you see or hear about. You need actual evidence. Not a few pictures of some planets. That proves absoloutley fucking nothing. That is why they can not be trusted. Its like believe a little kid when he tell you that he saw a ghost.

>>Oh like Global Warming is all humans fault. We have been through it getting cold and getting warm. Yet the "scientists" go on to say that its still the humans fault. Yes we may have to backtrack. But they keep researching the exact same thing. Blaming the exact same thing.
>I don't believe in Global Warming myself so i somewhat agree with you on that part, I think we're just getting hotter because we're moving out of an ice age.
Those are the "researches" you are getting your info off. Aka NASA. They numerously change there mind about global warming

>>We are talking about scientists who are appointed by big government.

>Not all of those scientists believe in BS quotas matie, you can't prove that all of them believe so. Highly unlikely.

So the 600 "researches" that all agreed on one economic plan backed by a big government dont push lies for money? Im sure you would

>You are an SJW
>>I'm sorry but that's a laughable statement, Just because i believe in Scientific theory doesn't make me an >>SJW.
% of what i believe in contradicts >>SJWs

You are deffibetly speaking like one.

"LoOok!!! He said this!! Everyone in the thread is dumb and im smarter!!!

Allahu ackbar my friend. Allahu Snackbar.

Good answer.

I still believe in God, the bible and science. I enjoy my life
and I do good because having genuine care for eachother is the
only way to make the world a better place.

I do my best to be useful to God and the people around me.

I see plenty of religious and atheist being morally disgusting and corrupt. The difference is I don't genuinely believe that people in religion who are corrupt and immoral have a belief in God.

A belief in God sets up accountability. A disbelief of God sets up accountability with a HUGE IF I get caught.

Spoilers, OP.

> We don't fucking know if a god exists or not.

>too much of an intellectual coward to take a leap of faith and proclaim yourself not the center of the universe

We're not supposed to argue with you we're supposed to brush the dust off our shoes and walk away

We don't know if dark matter exists but we see forces exerted from something we can't compute yet.

I believe God is the same. Deep down we all have a spiritual need and it comes out most during calamity. All I can recommend is reading the bible and genuinely praying to God for help with patience and humility. If you're heart is right you will be pleasantly surprised.

>I have never witnessed a Christian defend their faith
>I have never witnessed evidence that jet fuel can't melt steel beams
>I have never witnessed any proof that there are any differences between peoples of different races
>I have never actually witnessed a fedora that didn't overcome me with waves of euphoria
>I have actually witnessed my gf enjoying bbc

Literally "I'm an atheist, debate me", the post