Are electric vehicles a meme?

Is there any advantage to them in terms of cost in the long run and would they become viable also in the public sector? Or is it just a scheme created by (((them)))?

Also what does Sup Forums drive?

Ever seen what a lithium mine looks like? Talk about destroying the earth!

For a sec there I thought it's his penis.

My thought exactly. From an environmental point it seems idiotic
why?

I've got a Volt. Excellent acceleration from 0-40 mph, average from 40-70mph, and then shitty above. No transmissions are the way, brother.

Too many sliding threads made by Canadian cucks with some BLACKED 14 inch monster dicks. Subtle.

It's a hybrid car correct? Any real advantage in term of long term cost in your experience?

It is

They're not exactly fun cars to drive, but you save a lot on gas. I have one and a truck, and I use the car for long commutes and shit like that.

The advantage is change. New technologies are good for the economy.

Ever had problems with the battery? How often does it need to be changed?

I don't really like the idea of financing scientific research out of my pockets

I thought it was a crooked dick.

They look like any other pit mine or quarry.

Electric is the future. But not with accumulators that make the car weigh 500kg more than any other car of it's class.

until you use up all the worlds lithium

So it's not really viable with our current technology. How about hybrids? Would they be useful at a government level or just added cost?

>would they become viable
If batteries become cheap enough. One big plus that I see is that cities would become quiet and comfy again. But I'm not sure that i could part with petrol engines. It's too much fun to me.

then we recycle and/or find a lithium asteroid

That's what tax incentives are for.

Carbon nano tubes are the future.

A lot of traffic noise comes from the tires, not just the engine noise

It's a meme yes, I can't fucking hear the cars I'm always almost getting run over all the time and then they fucking honk at me when I can't hear their pieces of shit

That's gay

Plus, I thought so too

I'm wondering if the price of petrol will go up or down if people used it mostly for recreational purposes like racing.

>Bong associating niggers with dicks
You make America proud

"the future" uses mostly coal to generate electricity to power the car.
mfw coal is much worse then gasoline.

It would go up, as there wouldn't be an economy of scale to keep the price low.

>not investing in tesla
>not investing in spaceX
>not reserving a spot on Mars in the future
have fun staying on Earth mein niggers

That's why we need thorium, and eventually fusion.

>if the price of petrol will go up or down
I'd say down because of lower demand. And US just found massive oil reserves in Texas so the supply could be greater for quite some time.

>puts cursor on flag
>...
>...
>...
>[Monaco]

Seriously, where are all these posters coming from, or is it just you?

>what are proxies