How old were you when you grew out of your atheist phase?

How old were you when you grew out of your atheist phase?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s0-EgjUhRqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's like looking at a mirror reflection

Started believing in a higher power around 19-20. Accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior at 23.

There's a real spirituality to this world, and a lot of people think atheism is on the rise when in reality it's quite the opposite. There are more people on this Earth who are religious than there ever was before.

I as a soon to be bona-fide Catholic wish everyone to be a Catholic as well but others have different beliefs which is the way of life.

Don't settle for atheism, which is bullshit and immature.

Funny story....

I was 19 and I had moved to the Bay Area and spent a lot of time in San Francisco.

That experience taught me more about the value of religious morals than 12 years of being forced to go to church

When I was born

I grew out of Christianity.

18, life experince has taught me more about the importance of religion than going to sunday school for 2 years

i grew out when i heard about pic related

About 16 I stopped caring about being an atheist then 17 I became more of an apathetic deist and I've been that ever since.

Now - 19. Looking into DMT did it for me. There's just no way it all means nothing.

>I became more of an apathetic deist and I've been that ever since.
>deism
you sound like a cool guy to hang with

18, I'm pagan now :p

I was never religious because my parents did not force me into one.

Don't you guys see this is basically the same as rooting for a sport club? 95% chance you are rooting for the same religion/club as your parents. It's pathetic to view it as if it is your personal decision and then look down on others for inheriting the shit their parents pushed on them.

Cucktianity is a jewish meme to keep whites weak.

Read the Kybalion. Pagan occultism actually works.

Never. Born atheist. Raised without religion. G-d has never been a part of my life other than in media.

I don't describe myself as a deist normally, when I think about it I just feel like there's probably some kind of higher power out there but I just can't bring myself to believe in Christianity or any other religion, so when it comes up that's what I say. Like I said though, I'm pretty apathetic.

Was agnostic, had to put down my dog after watching her suffer from cancer. Now atheist

in and out
happens all the time

Around 15. For the next 5 years I've been Satanist, and after that I became Gnostic. And I've been Gnostic for 10 years.

>I don't like what this organization does so I will change my entire belief system

18. I was raised Lutheran, became an atheist shortly before I was confirmed (age 13). I had a very spooky paranormal experience that really fucked me up, made me agnostic. I eventually found my faith again, and I'm now working on official conversion to Roman Catholicism.

>I can't make sense of supposed spooky paranormal experience because I can't into basic psychology and neuroscience
>Therefore, a God must exist

Srsly. That's the dumbest shit ever.

>yes goyim xtianity keeps your race weak, ignore the fact that it was responsible for every major cultural achievement in Europe since the fall of the Roman Empire
>follow the true religion of your ancestors, it's totally not just a watered-down version of the original religion that's only followed by larpers

L E A F
E
A
F

I'm still in it. I don't understand why I should dismiss the magic performed by gods throughout history as myth but take Jesus completely serious at the same time.

spooky paranormal experience.

Do tell more burgerbro please, im curious.

Have you broken through? I've done a bunch of DMT, and while it was really cool and fun I never had a spiritual experience. I think it's because I didn't break through.

I completely understand why one would think that, because I never would have believed that shit either. But I'm being completely honest when I say that it really rattled me, and I tried to rationalize it for years. And it was a slow process that took several years (I'm 26 now) and a lot of studying of very diverse beliefs until I settled on Catholicism (I had a brief flirtation with Eastern religion until I realized it was essentially atheism for hippies).

greentext or paragraph form? idgaf

That isn't what he said you colgate slurping idiot. He became an agnostic after that, can't you read?

14/15-ish.
Had a few times I've headed back that way.
Lying bleeding to death in a hospital helped me sort myself out though.

>magic performed by gods throughout history
Like?

At the age of 10

Fuck if i care, readable

just do it faget!

>paganism works
>pretends to not know it runs by the devil
its called the occult dumdum

21/22 ?

I was atheist from 11-15

An agonistic atheist with little sprinkles of theism

Zeus and the Greek pantheon turning into animals, Osiris being born of a virgin then dying and coming back, Thor controlling thunder, and (even though he's not a god) everything Santa Claus does.

Come on man, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. Every god has magic powers of some sort.

Oh, those.
But those aren't really comparable tbqhwy famalam.

I mean, I think I did, it was a really odd experience, really fucking scary too.

I was teleported into this oddly nice dark place where really classy, famous like people were morphing into other classy people, I said I didn't wanna be like them and I was kicked out the trip completely.

I thought everything in the universe hated me, huuuge sense of rejection and fear, it honestly felt like there was nowhere else to go, they were even booing at me.

It suddenly got super calm and God invited me back in to ask what it was I really wanted.

It wasnt too visual, just like a big story really. Not sure if I'd call it a breakthrough though. Gonna try it again.

Also, it was 60mg from an oil pipe, vaporizing it

>Osiris being born of a virgin then dying and coming back
>those aren't really comparable
Jesus and Osiris are similar because of this

Honestly some god being responsible for egyptian rain seasons (which science later solved) makes more sense than moses parting the red sea and jesus resurrecting, turning water into wine, etc

You know that's not correct, right?

>God of the gaps
>gods
>comparable to God
m8

>You know that's not correct, right?
Then what is, britbong?

It's not about that you burger munching fire arms swinging nutjob. Merely the fact that his worldview was rattled and shaken to such an extent as to throw out your whole worldview based on a paranormal experience that can easily explained by the functionalities of the brain is in my opinion short sighted, and I am sad to hear that he got swayed by a religious organisation in his search for answers in the form of the low-hanging fruit, while a little more determination was needed to understand what hallucination is.

19 or 20, the West needs Paladins god or no god

at about 16, then i realized i dont agree with atheists either, they care too much, so i went full on nihilist

22 although I never think I was fully atheist. When I was in that mindset I still thought that due to the expanse of the universe and possible multiverse it would be illogical to conclude that there is no God.

Im 19 and currently moving out of atheism...

Horus has nothing to do with Jesus. Horus wasn't born of a virgin, didn't die and come back, have 12 disciples and all of those things people say. Some retards made it up.

You'll find some occasional things in similarity but they're more coincidental than plagiarism in the same way "arigato" and "obrigado" are seem similar in Portuguese and Japanese. They're not derived.

Otherwise, be more specific in what you're asking m8.

Enjoy:

youtube.com/watch?v=s0-EgjUhRqA

aight
>be 18
>be an edgy piece of shit and have a bunch of edgy piece of shit friends
>five of these edgy piece of shit friends and I decide to go to a "haunted" location. None of us really believed anything like that at the time, but you get the idea, we were edgy goth faggots
>a few miles outside of town (rural town in central Wisconsin), there's a single-lane, broken down road that goes into the woods
>all the cliches, gnarled trees, no shoulder, general sp0oky atmosphere, no houses around for miles
>on one side of the road, there's a gravel driveway that goes into a clearing
>in this clearing, there used to be a church, it was torn down in the '30s I believe
>the church's cemetery is still in the back of the clearing
>overgrown graves, broken and barely readable, all dating from the 1850s to the 1920s. The whole nine yards
>we've all got boners over how edgy and goth this place is
>spend about 40 minutes dicking around when one of my friends says he sees a white figure in the back of the clearing
>says fuck it, he's going back to the car. Another guy goes with him
>none of the rest of us saw anything, and the guy has historically been prone to making things up anyway

1/2

Yes, your mythical deity created universe, is responsible for hundreds of millions of years of evolution then one day said fuck it, i'm going to tell some guy what to do now so my name can spread. The previous hundreds of millions of years didn't matter, and I won't cause another miracle in a few thousand years while everything stays fucked up but who cares.

Fast forward to jesus, and suddenly it's not BE BAD AND I'LL CAUSE PLAGUES AND YOU'LL GO TO HELL it's love and peace and forgiveness. I love everyone

Definitely a perfectly logical series of events, makes a lot more sense than some crazy guy came up with another religion that feeble minded people believe in because they're scared of death. Or that some virgin was chosen to birth god's child (again hundreds of millions of years after creating everything) makes a lot more sense than some slut cheated on her husband and wanted an excuse to not get stoned to death.

Mid 19 when I first pulled off an astral projection. Judo-Christian beliefs are still bogus as fuck even if the Bible is an interesting storybook.

That was totally break through. I wish I could get there.

There are a bunch of gods that died and rose from the dead that predate Jesus. I'm on my phone so looking them up is a pain in the ass, but if you're in the mood google "dying and rising gods". It became a popular trope at one point in history. And there are tons more examples of gods using magic to do shit that are comparable or even less fantastic than anything. Christianity

Your dog died from cancer , therefore there is no god. What?

Christian here, there is no such things as spooky ghost , roman cathoclism sucks and is corrupted as hell , the pope thinks he is god , read your bible and skip that shit

Not sure if I was an atheist or agnostic
But i did go through period of time confused about gods existence

9. He's had me a long time. I'm ready to go home.

>Horus
I said Osiris not Horus and I wasn't saying that is 100% the same either.

Good advice.

2/2
>the rest of us are hanging out in the middle of the clearing for another 15 minutes or so when rocks are thrown at us from all directions
>relatively large clearing, and we're being barraged by rocks between about a centimeter in diameter to bigger than a golf ball
>nope.gif
>naturally, it's not funny anymore, so we start getting the fuck out of there
>I look over my shoulder to see if one of my friends is close enough behind us (he's obese, inb4 Amerifat)
>I freeze for a second, he notices, looks behind, and sees it too
>shadow crawling on the ground toward us, fast
>human size, vaguely human shape, and red fucking eyes
>it doesn't look just like an animal or some sort crawling in the dark, it was a fairly moonlit night and there was no light or shadow on this thing. It looked like it was just made of solid darkness.
>fatass must have had a hell of an adrenaline rush, because he somehow ran to the car faster than me
>get the fuck out of there, don't say a word for the rest of the night
>finally talk about it later, everyone has the same story (except the guy who claimed to see the white thing)
>existentialcrisis.jpg

I realize it sounds like total bullshit, and it probably sounds cliche as hell. However, I swear by what I saw, and it changed me.

And now?

Disease and suffering don't exist as part of some divine plan, shit just happens the way it happens. There's not some magic sky man who's responsible for good people dying and evil people living comfortable lives.

Osiris = Nimrod, the builder of the Tower of Babel
Horus = Tammuz, Nimrod's son

All pagan idolatry goes back to Babylon

They do, actually. They are the result of men and angels ruining this creation.

This creation, and all who believe, will be renewed and made whole.

The point of your life is to choose if you want in or not.

>G-d
>atheist

nostril nigger detected

I'm a theist

>one guy
>ONE GUY
You need to do a bit more reading senpai.

>Mithra
no
>Horus
no
>Krishna
no
>Buddha
no
Don't compare fertility deities' birth-death-rebirth with death-resurrection.

My bad, I'm that used to "Horus" claims.

But even then, even if there would be similarities, so what? They're evidently not comparable if you actually know more about them. Things like this are not taken seriously.

It's interesting how people experience evil and are suddenly convinced that God exists. You'd think the experience would be "evil exists", but it's almost universally "God exists".

Same. Saaaameee.

Most Jews are atheists, and all Jews are godless, as if they believed in YHWH, they'd know he came to earth as Jesus, their messiah, and would no longer be Jews.

They're getting set to accept the antichrist/mahdi as their messiah, and it's going to go very badly for them.

No I just mean in maybe one or two events. I know there different from each other was just saying

So is satan.

Do you believe Jesus is Lord, risen from the dead?

Disease is part of "this creation" that men had nothing to do with. If you're going to blame anyone for it the only answer is a god. I don't care if you're blaming God or Nurgle, it has nothing to do with the actions of men and if it is part of God's plan and sinning makes him sad I'll try to commit some on mass before I die.

A local pastor would come to our campus every week handing out pamphlets to students and came to pray with/for and speak to any students going through a hard time. People would crowd around and throw shit at him all the time.

After a while something kind of just clicked in me and I realized what a shitstain onto humanity atheism truly was. Been a christian for 4 years now.

It wasn't immediate. Like I said, it was a very, very slow process. I guess the general phenomenon would be that if such a thing exists, people come to the conclusion that there must be something to mirror it, as well.

My neighbour and I have the same TV package AND table.

There is no reason to think anything of the similarities.

7.5/10 dude, quite spooked.

I'm hardly a religious man myself, being swede and all that but i have quite a respectful view on things spooky, be they religious or by history.

paranormal and spooky things have been reported since fucking writing was invented and as science struggles to explain some things, dark matter, black holes. impossible physics due to newly discovered elements etc you can never know.

nice read friendo.

I said events not items

If true evil exist in the world then that means that there has to be an opposite. The opposite of evil is good. If evil can be objectively stated out as one thing and good and be objectively stated as another than some being has to have created the concept of morals. In short, if morals are not a cultural construct then they have to have been obtained form somewhere. The only explanation that could adequately explain how all humans across all cultures have the same morals is if they were implanted in us. That implanter is good. At least that's what Emanuel Kant would try to say but in much better words.

It's not, actually. It did not exist in Eden, and Adam and Eve were immortal.

When Adam sinned and joined satan's rebellion, death entered into the creation and brought with it sickness and pain and disease, etc.

Don't mistake the world you live in for the world God created; they are vastly different.

It sounds like bullshit because there is no such thing , maybe you should read your bible better , there is demons they are spirits they can posses people but thats is it as far for spooky things

>and throw shit at him all the time
really? i've been on some pretty pozzed campuses and there are always churchians handing out propaganda without being molested

I really want to get further into this but being on my phone makes it really inconvenient. Could you do me a favor and watch one of Richard Carrier's lectures on the historicty of Jesus and post what you think? I'll try to get back to this thread later.

Aye, I think that's how the thought process goes. I have a normal life, I experienced evil, I don't always experience evil, so there must be some counterbalancing or restraining force preventing the complete and utter evil I encountered from being normal. That thing I will call good, and indeed God is good.

Why would you turn to a godless atheist for "expertise" on God?

I continue to be sympathetic toward agnostics, because I eventually found faith as a more or less logical result of my own physical experiences. In a similar vein, I don't believe that there is anything that science and the scientific method can't explain; there are just things we can't explain with what we know now. If spirits exist (which, of course, I now believe they do), I don't believe for a second that they're in some kind of category untouchable by logic. They can't be well explained with current information, but there must be something quantifiable about them, whether they are composed of matter on a different plane, or composed of energy, or what have you.

Nice.

No clue why you think the natural sciences would include the supernatural.

You have to believe in God to hate him bro. You are the worst kind of atheists. I can understand why some people don't believe in God, even I have my doubts sometimes, but you, you're just mad at God for some reason or another and so you choose to be a dick and shit on other people's beliefs to try and make yourself feel better for being a piece of human garbage.

care to elaborate?

There are more than 1 religion that might be correct

I was 19
but
I'm still blackside from time to time =(

although i doubt any of them are

I remember finding religion after Obama was elected and our troops came home. It felt like my third eye was hit by jihad. I stumbled through the matrix for a few years, found a little more than religion. I'm not as an astute observer as i should be but I think its an infinitely maturing internal quest

Yeah, but they're not comparable anyway. That's my point.
For one, we know Jesus existed. Osiris did not.

I've read and watched a lot on it. I know of Carrier. I'm completely unimpressed.

Christ Mythers and their ilk as scholars deserve to be gassed for deliberately spreading lies. It's beyond retarded to deny the historicity of Jesus Christ if you know the evidence that goes with it.

Denying Josephus, Suetonius, Mara bar Serapion as hostile witnesses and historians, and so on as well as the four Gospels, the early church tradition, early Christian writings and letters, etc is beyond ridiculous.

You can't deny them simply because it's inconvenient to your atheism and makes you have to be accountable to another; that's intellectually dishonest, but it's what he does.

polytheist since 2004

Absence of evidence =/= evidence of absence. I'm inclined to doubt that God, angels, demons, etc would meddle in the affairs of humans regularly until 2000 years ago, and then just permanently leave us alone. But to each their own.

A lot of "edgy piece of shit" goths and metalheads are christians in training. The line between hate and love can be subtle.