Ancient Technologies

Why can't we dig into rocks like the ancients?

They seem to be able to scoop the rocks like ice cream while we have to use drills and explosives...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfL1UzreWQY
youtube.com/watch?v=_yCP6owFLc8
youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AzvobMUgeds
youtube.com/watch?v=eyfz90K6yKo
youtube.com/watch?v=a_oNlZn1kEY
dictionary.com/browse/olden
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because that's sandstone which is easy to carve.

Above is China.

This is from Egypt, they too just scoop up the rock like it's a soft material.

/thread

we actually can

You sure? Looks like granite.

I thought that thumbnail was a guy pooing 2bh

Doesn't look like it.

It's sandstone

t. geologist

The Egyptian one is for sure granite.

where is this????

same tbhtbh

Sweden. But see how we have to drill/blast into rock while the ancients just scoop it...

Yer mom's cunts

>sandstone and slaves
>Ancient tech

Pick one.

>Hey round up 2000 skilled masons and work on this cavern for a few years
We will never create another wonder because people are too lazy now.
Somebody would cut corners to save time or money.

Da rude

Pall wall debts.

Well why would you hire thousands of workers to build something directly into the rock when you can just have a few hundred make something out of concrete.

people in the olden days had a lot more free time. farming isn't that hard

also, it was wise to keep fighting age men busy when there was nothing much to do, idle hands, ect. digging a big hole is entertainment enough for most men

Ironically this place actually tells you a lot about their techniques because they fucked it up and abandoned it before they bothered removing all the tool marks and what not.

Some times ancient black people amaze me

Because there are no slave-owning monarchs anymore that are interested in that shit.

they didnt, they setup in rows of people. as u can see the sections of "scoops" and place a fire for each section, makeing the stone brittle. then hit it with a harder stone. its a well known technique and stone workers still use it.

Anyone else see a massive stone cock?

>Egyptian
>Black
Kys

Why would they bother smoothing out all that out when they're just using it as a storage tank?

ancient dindus could cast a spell on rocks with their royal tongues, to make them soft as butter, not that they needed it though because they were of superior built and strenght before the whyte deevil took it all away

>They seem to be able to scoop the rocks like ice cream while we have to use drills and explosives...
Wrong, by scooping it up of course you mean spending years in back breaking labour chiseling it out with bronze tools.

We don't do it because why would we? A lot of places like this are actually old quarries that they took stone from for actual buildings that are more interesting.

Because we need to get it done fast. We also don't have slaves.
Some of this shit was literally lifetimes of work.

because you're only digging underground for two reasons, Mining and Bunkers. Mines you don't because you're not excepting nuclear conflicts. Bunkers you smooth the walls because you don't want it to collapse.

That and when you have hundreds of slaves all at work at the same time, the process is surprisingly fast.

A huge portion of the "how did the ancients do X" questions are only mysterious because we are thinking in modern terms where construction teams are much smaller and human trafficking is illegal. Imagine if we had 500 android robots to do certain jobs by hand and what they could accomplish. Well, that's what they basically had back then except in the form of human slavery instead of robotics.

"How did the ancients move this huge stone miles away???" - 50 slaves pulled it with rope.

"How did they stack all these massive stones to make a pyramid??" - 50 slaves lifting together.

etc. etc.

Aliens used ray guns

I just hate shit eaters who say "even MODERN tools couldn't do this!!!" then some white guy with a bronze chisel and hammer gets up there and does it. The ancient aliens guy is especially guilty of saying this, although he's entertaining so I keep watching. He actually has a sports degree. Interesting guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=bfL1UzreWQY

it looks like someone taking a humongous shit

youtube.com/watch?v=_yCP6owFLc8

Also Annunaki

Why can't we dig into rocks like the ancients?

If you had an army of slave labourers you scoop through those rocks like ice cream too. Not telling the kind of motivation that can be brought on by repeated lashing.

All megalithic structures were built en masse, large numbers of people, over large periods of time, using basic techniques. It's that simple really.

Fuck out a hear. You're watching too much ancient aliens nd shit. Kangz

>soft as butter
Don't you mean soft as peanut butter?

They had a magical technique that was able to make the stone soft and malleable. It has been taken away from us by God.

>Why bother removing the extraneous material occupying further space inside our container
You fit more in a vessel if the sides are smooth, rather than jagged.

>Why don't we dig rocks
Because we blast them now? Then we scoop up the rocks.

>Why can't we dig into rocks like the ancients?

Search for Wieliczka

The cavern is obviously fucking enormous I doubt they're pressed for capacity.

>be ancient man
>have no tv
>have no internet
>have no books
>have no video games
>have no newspapers
>have no distractions
>have lots of slave labor

Once the farms are planted, there is fuck all to do between then and harvest.
Mining, Warring, Building. Pick one. Because that's basically all there is to fucking do.

toot toot

> scoop up the rock like it's a soft material
> thousand year old
> what is erosion in a region with sandstorms
I can get the burger education not knowing that sandstone (like in ) is malleable enough that even some insects carve in it, but really ?

I guess, but look at the size of it. It already has a capacity of 800,000,000 liters, and they have another one of those caves nearby. They aren't exactly hurting for space.

Listen, Ancient Aliens is fun to watch because it's dumb and entertaining in a guilty kind of way.

None of their claims withstand any sort of hard scrutiny.

putter putter putter

Not even the jews are safe now.

youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

All the ancient master builders and masons were black. They got sold into slavery nd shit, so all that knowledge was lost.

Black people were given this knowledge of building megastructures by the Melinites. Aliens that once visited us here, in this astral realm.

Don't they teach this stuff in school. It's basic African history. Shiiiieeet

That place is amazing!

If they had all that free time why didn't they just invent TV then?

you just eager for cocks, fucking faggot.

tooooooot

what are those? giant stone objects for ants??

They did. Their ancestors became our forefathers and then became us. We are (mostly) the same type of human as them.

It's like you've never played AoE or Civ. First you have to invent the infrastructure and then you can invent the grand achievement.

i think they recently found that slave labor was not used to build he pyramids

alien bases network

They were paid, not only were they paid but there's no evidence any of them were Jewish either.

"WE WUZ PYRAMID BUILDERS GOYIM"

nice degree.

In what McDonald do you work?

youtube.com/watch?v=AzvobMUgeds

maybe we were the aliens all long

that's not that amazing, search for puma punku for awesomness

There are plenty of ways to mine and lift rocks. The real mystery is how the ancient engineers made their plans so precise. Hell the pyramids are oriented almost perfectly to match Orion's Belt as it was 12,000 years ago.

That wasn't even recently.

When the kikes stole palestine, they told their archeologists to find evidence for their WE WUZ stories to get victim credibility.

Turns out they never were slaves and Mount Sinai can't be found anywhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=eyfz90K6yKo

Orion's belt is extremely visible it's not magic my dude.

>holy shit those lights there are brighter then the ones around them!!
>must be ancient aliens building our pyramids

dudududududu

>muh illuminati
Having structures built in case of a shtf scenario isn't evidence of a conspiracy, it's evidence of competence.

Future home of white people

Not mountain biking in an undeground cavern.

I did this in Louisville, was pretty bad ass

youtube.com/watch?v=a_oNlZn1kEY

I had a breddy gud math teacher in elementary school, and the dude showed us what the ancient greeks could do with string and a straight wooden board (without inch markings), and it was very impressive.

Now imagine that you can become millionaire powerful by accurately reading the stars and there is no internet to distract you. Not that big of a leap.

Do you know the fucking dude who figured out how to build stonehenge by himself? His vids are really cool.

>olden

>American education

dictionary.com/browse/olden

Plus the fact that they took a ton of time to build ancient structures.

It took hundreds of thousands of workers ~20 years to build the Great Pyramid, while it only took ~4 years to build the current tallest building on the planet.

Forgot to mention:

>no capitalization
>periods
>incomplete sentences

Stop being a sperglord

The internet was built by (((them))) to distract the white man from building the 5 reich

The ayyy lmaos did that obviously.

>the 5 reich

is that like 5 guys?

Nigga and we roll deep, deep, so deep

That's a modern oil storage cavern in Gothenberg.

Bunker user from /diy/ bought it if I'm not mistaken.

cor
blimey

except that obelisk would be the largest stone quarried in world history

>bronze
lel nope. all the most precise egyptian stuff is at the beginning, aka copper age

Actually it tells us nothing about their techniques, we are incapable of replicating it.

the serapeum at saqqara shits all over you plebians
>DEY JUST USED THOUSANDS OF MEN!
nope. there is not enough room for even 6 men to turn a sarcophagus(lol) around that corner

there is no documentation on the building of the great pyramid.
other pyramids are by all measures, very poor imitations

this

>AMERICAN EDUCATION!

>It is now known that the main tool employed for carving the granite were small balls of Dolerite which is a mineral harder than granite, as seen at the open air museum/quarry at Aswan, Egypt today. The discovery of this obelisk and several others in their unfinished states allows us to see how they were made. The means of separating the stone from the bedrock was a common technique used around the ancient world, in which small cavities were made in the stone, which were then filled with wood, which was soaked in water causing it to expand

LOL, try use hand balls to carve those caverns.

Marshall, Will and Holly
On a routine expedition...

where is all that rock put? i mean it should just create a wall of stone on the other side of the drill, right?
not like the volume of the stone will be less behind it

Stargate installed behind the drillhead

rock sent to Abydos

Ground up to gravel and moved to the outside with a conveyor belt or something similar.