Philosophy of Memes

I've recently just started reading; Aristotle The Art of Rhetoric, and I came across something interesting:

"In order for ideas to become accepted parts of the collective framework of thought, they need to become memes, so that they survive by being passed from one generation to the next."

So /pol what memes do you want to pass onto the next generation?

The concept of memes is a spook

The value of freedom of speech.

The Wew lad meme

God Emperor Trump

thanks for your insight

Hey lads I want to get into Aristotle. Whats a good book to start with? A friend said Rhetoric is a good one.

Also get out of my head OP I was going to make a thread about Aristotle and The Art of Rhetoric but you made it literally minutes before I was gonna post.

The Art of Rhetoric is my first Aristotle book, so far it's been quite a pleasant read. I'd defiantly recommend it.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Cool. His style of writing (or the translation) can be hard to understand at times. Kinda like Marcus Aurelius.
Maybe I'm just stupid.

nichomachean ethics. desu i'd rather suggest you to read plato. politeia, phaedrus and the simposion are amazing. you should begin with some early dialogues though. e.g. socrates trial

Already read Plato
I've studied Socrates, Plato, Marcus Aurelius and now I want to move on to the "father of knowledge"

it's not just you. aristotle's style is horrible. anyways, 1 more reading suggestion for the user who asked: aristotle, poetics

I haven't read any of his works yet but I will eventually get around to it, but Friedrich Nietzsche might be an interest for you

the trouble with aristotle is that he was a all-around pioneer scientist. most of his work is nonsense (his logic being the best example, try reading his organon - it's all wrong and badly written). anyways, the 3 most important works from aristotle are his metaphysics (again poorly written but it's a must-read), nicomachean ethics (just amazing) and poetics (pretty good as well)

Martin Hiedegger

Thread got a little side tracked so I'll redirect it with another meme: "speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Theodore Roosevelt

Bump
Dont let retarded commies slide good threads

Stirner really comes across as an edge lord but really self mastery that doesn't leave you beholden you to abstract concepts is a great tool.

Stirner even said that "ego and its own" is meant more as a ladder for someone to climb and leave behind than a dogma.

People that try and use Stirner to be anarcho edgelords have missed the point entirely by embracing it as ideology.

The value of self determination
The golden rule
Democracy prevents tyranny
Increased opportunity means increased liberty

u even asgins me :DDD