Serious question: How do Christians explain the size of the universe and the fact that there are BILLIONS of galaxies?

Serious question: How do Christians explain the size of the universe and the fact that there are BILLIONS of galaxies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-dOl2gIOeC8
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 19:1&version=KJV
pastebin.com/9cxmXPCB
youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE
reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

God did it.

That's how.

But wouldn't one galaxy be enough for us? Why create a universe so huge?

What's there to explain? God did it, dipshit.

why create a universe of small undefined-for-time-or-place particles and 99.99% endless void? I don't know why, lets call the nothingverse. they might know!
Gee... they didn't pick up again...

Come to Australia when we're not full, and you can clearly see the lack of god. Pic related.

God has grand plans for us brother.

The universe is our birthright.

they dont

>"God works in mysterious ways"

It's simple:

God built the entire cosmos, designed billions upon billions of stars, planets, comets, etc so he could have a relationship with a single species of primate on one planet only and control when and how they use their genitals.

It's not hard you retard

To make the sky pretty.

Also, those galaxies do not actually exist because the universe is only ~10000 years old. God created the light they would have emitted at a point in-transit. So that we would have something to look at.

Also to test our faith. Same reason he buried dinosaur bones.

Also the earth is flat BTW. The other planets are round but the earth isn't a planet. But let's not get into that again.

>BILLIONS of galaxies?

prove it.

Christianity, much like Freemasonry, is a tradition in which natural law and ancient astrological recordings and their effect on humanity are portrayed through ritual, story, and allegory. Regardless to the validity to the historicity of Christ, what we take away from the interpretations are the same. The forcing of the mind to adhere to one rigid belief structure or manner of interpretation of the bible is very good tool of enslavement. If you would like to gather another perspective on how to interpret the bible check out youtu.be/-dOl2gIOeC8 . In relation to the Universe, other races probably look at us like we're garbage.

>implying god is lazy

God has given to us a lot of free space for future expansion. What's the part you don't understand?

look up

who decided the amount of particles in the universe?

it is a completely arbitrary number and other particle amounts in the universe could be possible too

fpbp

that's the same argument of adam having to breed with his own family

they were the first, it doesn't imply they were the only

>Religicucks actually believe this

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 19:1&version=KJV

what is there to explain? most Christians are perfectly comfortable with settled science. the ones that are not are the extreme minority, and the ones you hear about on tv.

its a big place

>God created it
>Nothingness created everything
>Infinity created everything
Pick the first one

How do atheists explain the fact that matter and energy cannot come from nothing (violates Laws of Conservation of Mass and Energy), and that sentient life cannot come from a lack of life.

Also,
>Anthropic principle
>Kalam Cosmological Argument
>no evidence for a multiverse

I don't believe the Universe was ever created. It has always existed or it has never existed. Did I mention I'm way more rational than you idiot theists???

>Muh jooz
pastebin.com/9cxmXPCB

no you didn't but please, continue.
encompass us in your immense wisdom
teach us, oh grand vizier of the laws and principles of reality and nature

>size
>value

Those are two different things.

In the medieval ages, Christians viewed the universe as a mirror image of God. Just like the symphonies of Beethoven are a reflection of Beethoven, or that the books of Mark Twain are a reflection of Twain, creation is a reflection of God. So the fact that the universe turned out to be infinite, and we appear to be insignificant only supports this Christian viewpoint.

>it's v-very big so God probably didn't make it
>why should h-he make an entire universe?

I'm not an atheist.

I don't get the point you are trying to make

>inferior, deluded christcuck mentality I guess
or you could just be a fuckwit

They cant.
The concept that they are not a unique special little snowlfake in the center of the universe with a magic skywizard looking out for them boggles their mind.

Kek

>2016
>believing space is real

Not even Christian but God did it. If you're omnipotent why not make a huge as fuck, ever expanding universe?

I like this thought.

The Bible actually states that God created all the shit in the sky to exemplify his glory.

you would deny the Creator of the universe just so you can justify touching your own little weiner.

neat!

For you

Big Bang.

>How do Christians explain the size of the universe and the fact that there are BILLIONS of galaxies?

Easy - Yahweh is a false God, that's obvious. Jesus isn't.

"Hearing that Zach lost his son really struck a nerve with me, especially because I'm the one who killed him."

youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/

this
>space

This is all so we can marvel at the glory power and infinity that is God. He makes something so large that we cannot even fathom it and He is even greater still. It's all for us user.

BILLIONS YOU SAY?

>excuse 1: God works in mysterious ways
>excuse 2: God made this so we can see how infinite he is
>excuse 3: God made alot for us to explore

>implying god created the universe for us

>God did it.
how did he do it?