Matthew 5:39: But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek...

Matthew 5:39: But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

is this the earliest form of dogmatic cuckoldry. How do Christians defend this?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/selfdefense2.htm
pastebin.com/9cxmXPCB
answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/luke_22_36.htm
meetingwithchrist.com/E014 Turn to him the other cheek - Mt 5(38-42).htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> TURN DAT ANOTHER CHEEK GOY

When you turn the other cheek you're actually telling him off because of some ancient jew law that you can't slap someone with your left hand.

I would explain it better, but this is an aussie thread so what's the point?

If your enemies slap you again, you win.

Matthew 9:000: RRREEEEEEEEEEEEE.

My priest explained to me it was referring to insults, not actions.
If someone is provoking you, you should not be butthurt but be like Pepe, be smug and don't give him any satisfaction.
But if someone is kicking your ass, you can and must defend yourself.

>do not resist an evil person

It's about not escalating in violence, not responding to provocation.

God wouldn't ask you to commit suicide by not defending yourself if you could be hurt.

It's about not shanking someone for slapping you.

goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/selfdefense2.htm
Only he whom hates his own life and even his family might be Christ's apostle

>B-but, it doesn't mean what it says, shut up
I hope that Panamanian comes with his pasta.

Damned Leaf!
Comments like this are the reason America is fat and has to maintain a nuclear arsenal.

>God wouldn't ask you to commit suicide by not defending yourself if you could be hurt.
But that's exactly what he did and told his followers to do and a lot of them did it. Should we not follow their examples?

Committing suicide is a mortal sin. If you willingly let yourself be killed, you're committing suicide.

No, you're being a martyr which is basically the holiest thing you can do.

According to Martin Luther this passage is a warning that another slap is coming not a command for passivism.

>slap once
turn cheek
>slap twice
all out of cheeks
>slap thrice
knife hands and tactical roll out

It's not cuckery. The idea of turning the other cheek is a passive way of saying, "You're going to slap me? Well fuck you." This is because, when you turn the other cheek you're supposedly forcing the person who slapped you to slap you again with their left hand. If that doesn't seem that important, it's important to remember that in the period of antiquity all the way until like the 1960's being left-handed or using your left hand was considered to be a sign of the devil and of demonic corruption.

>tl;dr turning your cheek and making people slap you with their left hand makes them devil worshipers.

This! Read the link I posted everybody. Excellent post

>Not defending yourself
Smfh, any violation of the NAP should be met with lethal force.

COMMIT SEPAKU FAGGIT

this is the truth

No it isn't

Slaves were slapped with the back hand, but you would slap an equal with an open hand.
In essence Jesus is saying, "if you are going to slap me, slap me as one who is an equal."
This points out the hypocrisy of the aggressor and is a peaceful way to get them to know their transgression.
Try peace before you resort to war. Blessed is the peacemaker, but always carry a sword. Christ also tells all His disciples to sell their long-coats and buy swords.

>Humility

pastebin.com/9cxmXPCB
>mfw Jews hate Christians

answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/luke_22_36.htm

The article referenced misquotes "For all who draw the sword will die by the sword" (Matt. 26:52)
This is not what the verse says in Greek.
The verse translates to:
"Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take (up) the sword will perish by the sword."
To "take up the sword" is more literally translated to "live by the sword."

So you have to tell me, did Peter "live by the sword?"

Early Christians expected the world to end within a century or two of Jesus.

Peter most certainly did not "live by the sword." Peter was trying to defend His friend and Messiah. There is no way, in any conceivable universe, you can tell me that Peter "lived by the sword." So who was Jesus referring to? He was giving Peter a promise, and referring to the soldiers who were taking Him away. Those soldiers were the ones who "lived by the sword." Its this kind of blatant simplistic explanations of Jesus' actions that comes from people who do not understand that Jesus was a walking talking TORAH. He is NOT a God of contradiction and He does NOT contradict Himself:

"Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;
" - Psalm 144:1

> Jews hate Christians therefore christians are good

Jews hate muslims also.

Abrahamic Religion structure is a anti-nature hate machine.

Because it's the way, the truth, and the light.

>Out of context meme lmao

>slaps
IE insults, screaming matches, instigation

Speak softly and carry a big stick

The meek shall inherit the earth senpai. Sometimes the raging douche bag running around knocking shit down is his own downfall.
>see every manmade empire.
Most of the time if you treat someone good they'll treat you good back. Rome was much more powerful than Israel but Rome was also exceedingly soft on cooperative client states so if the Jews hadnt chimped out and rioted and killed romans then the Romans would never have had cause to march across the Mediterranean and destroy the temple while pushing the Jews shit up their own assholes. I got another quote for you a wise man can learn from a fool but fools cannot learn from the wise. You're a fool op.

Well put.

He would pervert the verse for himself and his greedy principality patrons.

I know its a reach but has anyone transcribed this, or have word detection software that can?

It's very well written but too long to reasonably transcribe it myself

"Don't stoop to their level." worked wonders before Rules for Radicals was published.

Don't let the left and globalists make you evil, like they made OP, Sup Forums. You're better than that.

Whats to defend?? don't get involved in stupid shit

This is also the meaning of turn the other cheek I reckon...It was a Roman soldier who slapped the cheek
in the ops stupid post

Do You know the story of when the sanhedrin came to get Yashua?

John 18:10
Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

There are times & places for everything....

>leaf

Did you not read the rest of that story? He says "nah, mate, defending your friends and yourself is bad" and he heals the guy.

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

This is amazingly effective political tactic you idiot this is why voilence in a protest is a bad idea and you guys hate isreal because if you strike back it makes you like like the bad guy have any of you heard of a martyr

Because the time for ultimate sacrifice was nigh. Besides that guy had just fallen asleep at gesthemene however the fuck you spell it when Jesus had just specifically asked him not to. What did he think? That cutting off one persons ear out of an entire mob was gonna make up for the fact he fell asleep while he was supposed to be standing guard?

Why don't you quote the rest of it? It defends itself.

He gave a warning live by the sword die by the sword if peter would have kept fighting roman solgers ge would died

Why don't people talk about the fact Jesus had an intimate male companion? It's clearly stated so when he meets the devil in the wilderness. Understand that and you'll understand the stigmata about showing your cheeks to a man who's slapping you.

Way to show me your cheeks, infidel

What the fuck would martyrdom do for me on a anonymous message bord

Its an article, just google it.

Matthew 26:52

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

God's Kingdom is the final judgement.

and google provides the correct answer again....

meetingwithchrist.com/E014 Turn to him the other cheek - Mt 5(38-42).htm

>Luke 22:36

>“But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

what did he mean by this?