How is Sup Forums preparing for the coming stock market crash?

How is Sup Forums preparing for the coming stock market crash?

tfw you have been a prepper for the better part of a decade waiting for it to happen.

tfw you have been long stocks until 2015

I'm not, I just wanna watch the bitch burn.

Won't happen.

waiting for dec interest rate hike need gold to break below $1150 want to stock up on drop before stock market crashes

Leaf are you retard it happens every 5-10 years

Whatever happens with gold I'll be trading, not investing. People don't seem to realize how fake this stock bubble is with free money and buybacks

If I told you, you'd have to pay me :^)

plus most investors are waiting till next year before selling they don't want to pay higher taxes they just need to wait till jan and will save with Trumps tax plan

>tfw finally after 8 years USA is back to having Bush's employment rates just before the crash
>Obummer leaf thinks that this is an amazing recovery and bush is a cunt for causing the housing bubble
>meanwhile obummer has allowed total student loans to increase by like 800 billion or something, now ~1 trillion dollar bubble looming by doing the exact same thing Bush did

-Bush's employment rates
-Bush's warhawking foreign policy
-Bush's disastrous practice of shitting out government backed loans to people who have never and will never be able to pay them off

Obama is Bush 2.0, but I wonder what the likelihood is of Obummer leaf blaming Trump instead of Obama for the inevitable student loan bubble burst?

Can't wait to buy people's gold for a cup of rice

Exactly. I'm tired of people assuming I'm pro-Bush because I'm anti-Obama. The Obama bubble is the Bush bubble with even lower rates.

>Have 20k in cash I don't want to invest in stocks in case of crash
>Afraid of falling for the gold meme

This sucks.

My hope is that there'll be a correction, because I'm short S&P. Reason why I don't think it'll happen is because that's just my luck.

You should go long UVXY like me :)

Not all eggs in one basket, user

Yeah, eventually but I'm too nervous to actually short it now we could still rise for a year and I'd get a margin call like the week before.

Currently, there are four bubbles than could burst at any time, in decreasing order of size:

1.) Stock Market Bubble, a la Japan.

2.) Student Loan Bubble, a la Derivatives

3.) Fracking bubble, a la dotcom bubble

4.) Green Bubble, a la great depression but in a much smaller scale.

It's entirely possible they will trigger each other.

Fracking may be a bubble, but it's not bursting anytime soon. They keep discovering new oil fields all the time.

Jesus dude, long on the vix? I mean yeah it's coming eventually, but until we get there...balls of steel.

I figure I'll take a 50% downside for a 1000% upside.
I'd buy vix calls and stock puts, but my broker says I'm not rich enough

Listen to the Abdul. You could always go for safer investments, make a small company for something vital but still cottage grade, or just blow in cocaine. Those are all options.

If I were you, I would invest it in a nice piece of land, the larger and less used, the better, and simply use it to make a nice little farm for yourself, focusing on make it self-sufficient.

Peak oil is a meme, the issue is the loans and the price of oil necessary to repay them, user. If it were just the act of extracting and the rest, fracking could survive with barrels at 35$ a barrel, the issue was that fracking was such a huge gamble (and still technically is) that it was underwritten mostly by loans, not investments (there's a big difference) and now if the price of oil falls just a tad, most of the loans will default.

I'm on the same boat

Trump's tax repatriation one time fee of 10% will result in a couple trillion dollars being transferred into America from overseas. The market is going to be very bullish in the beginning of Trump's term.

It will also be very inflationary. Everything Trump wants to do is inflationary which is good for gold.

me too. I think we will come back to earth when trump actually gets in ... doesn't feel like a time to buy ... just a time to trade

Yeah, I can trade futures and options. Good luck to you user.

I'm thinking about opening a futures account which broker do you use?

There's bitcoin

Making a self-sufficient farm is actually one of my ideal ways to live after retiring early, but unfortunately right now I live in an apartment in a city while I work on my doctorate so I can't even do much in the way of prepping (eventually I'm gonna have to move in less than a year so I can't stock too many supplies).

Interactive Brokers
need 10k USD to open an account.

and dogecoin

Hoard dollars ? We know you do, so stop pretending

Bitcoin

I didn't mean it as an early retirement option. I have 25 hectares separted and working as a permaculture should I need to go live somewhere for X disaster, or Y misfortune, but I bought the property so I could sell it for profit in the long run. Wildlands within 25 km of the cities are the single best investment my family ever made, and we have been well renumerated for buying hellholes, making them nice places to live in, and then selling it for large profit a few years down the line (or immediatly for buying cost plus a bit extra if in a hurry).

Even if you don't end up selling it for big bucks, there's always someone interested in a nice natural plot. My grandfather had a saying: intelligent men save their money in gold, wise men plant their money in property.

>buying real estate now

Has anyone ever addressed the possibility of network outages and /or no electricity and bitcoin? The breakdown of modern society and bitcoin?

I personally used an automated method I called a fountain, where I made a series of self-generating automated buyers and sellers of multiple cryptos into others, with a percentage of the excedent being save as the profit and it slowly growing and spawning newer generations of "fountains". Successful fountains had more money, so they could spawn more generations, so it self-corrected in the long term. I netted a tidy profit for my troubles, shut everything down, and forgot about it because it was simply too volatile.

I should activate it again once I have more money to lose...

It's always a good time to buy real state. If you decide to be retarded about what real state to buy that's your issue, no one says buying a dog is a bad idea because some idiot decided the fight dog you bought as a nanny dog ate your kid's dick.

How long you think it will take to loss that 50%? My estimate was 6 months. Although the fix has been pretty low lately, so maybe longer.
Inflation is pretty good for wages too. All you neets can finally get jobs!

Yeah you could just get an undeveloped 20 acres in the middle of nowhere for a few thousand. Then practice your /out/ skills. Seems like a fun hobby.

do you mine?

I figure it will skyrocket before 6 months, abruptly and violently

Not really? I used to have a mining machine, but that machine was less a mining machine more of a general purpose super parallel set up I use for absolutely nothing fruitful.

Do you know what the ROI is for a mining machine, or is it a bullshit device?

If you buy machines specifically designed to mine bitcoins and you live in an area with cheap electricity then it's worth it. My friend's brother bought an Israeli supercomputer and kept it in our college dorm for a few months. It put out so much heat that he left the window open all the way in the winter and his room was still like 80 degrees, but it didn't matter because we didn't pay for electricity. He eventually moved it to Alabama I think and I haven't heard much since then, but apparently it's still running so it must be turning a profit.

I'm prepared to buy the dip this time around.

What price will you buy around?

Greatly depends on the machine. In general, as long as you can get your electricity under .05 cents per kilowatt, you will make profit with just about anything (your time to get it, however will depend on your relative hash power, the machine wattage per hash consumption, type of coin, and ease of transaction). More often than not, you'll be looking at about 5-7% return assuming that electricity price. Go beyond that and your ROI becomes a crapshoot.

>The breakdown of modern society and bitcoin

If you're worried about that I'd invest in guns, bullets, food and a good shelter for the happening.

this,
only thing I would add is land. If you can buy some land with good natural resources such as tress and quality soils you'll be golden.

also get the fuck out of cities. they will be the first to tank