ITT: we discuss the mathematical odds of God existing

For the Big Bang to have happened, according to the simple cause and effect principle, something outside of our single point highly dense unborn universe had to have set it into motion. This unknown force does not have to abide by our laws of physics, time, or any other set law that exists within our universe, because it existed outside of our universe. I believe this "unknown force" to be have been God.

On macro evolution, the arrangement of our universe, and the complexity of our laws of physics and position in our galaxy that allows life to thrive, it is all so perfectly fine tuned that it is mathematically impossible to have happened by chance. To say that life developed complex systems that respond to different types of stimuli that previously couldn't even be detected by the organism just by random evolution over time is almost asinine. Genetic coding in our DNA is so impressive that there is no way that we developed organs that pick up light such as our eyes and organ systems that work together such as the nervous or digestive systems simply by chance. That's like slamming on your keyboard billions of times until eventually you get a working operating system.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVcf5LBIhs
youtu.be/qrKZBh8BL_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

=1

god exists

but let's be honest he's hardly the one mentioned in the bible or any other text

if there really is a creator of this universe then quite honestly we are to small for him to care he just created us and that's that

Not if we are his sole creation. Who makes something and doesn't care about it? A sentient and perfect being creates one sentient race of beings and just doesn't care anymore? Does a woman have a child and no longer care for it once it leaves the womb? (I'm not referring to democrats so the answer is no)

>Who makes something and doesn't care about it?

I made an ant farm when I was a kid after watching you yanks doing it from shows.

I abandoned it after 4 years. Well took it outside and left them to their own fate at least.

I said sentient beings. Something that can think irregularly and form opinions.

>it is all so perfectly fine tuned that it is mathematically impossible to have happened by chance.
wrong, all you need is laws of nature and a shitton of time, you can say that god is the source of the laws of nature, but saying it happened by some divine power defying laws of nature which are basically it's own laws is ridiculous
god is the same thing as the dao in daoism and brahman in hinduism
you reach god when you reach nirvana = salvation = kingdom of god

we are not the only creatures that can do that you know

and what qualifies as sentient for the creator?

A previous universe existed for trillions of years before. All stars burned out, eventually most matter got consumed by black holes. Black holes merge with each other, growing ever larger. Eventually only one giant black hole is left.
At that point the theory is that it implodes due to a mechanism consisting of Hawking radiation and quantum mechanic processes we don't really understand.
That implosion is the big bang, starting the cycle over again. We're only 13 billion years into this universe. We don't understand a lot of shit that is happening over large timescales, let alone the big bang.

The problem is that you don't understand the big bang or the theories surrounding it (The big crush variant I mentioned, multiverse theory, or single universe heat death).

Don't try to reconcile God with science. Keep your faith to yourself. That'll give you the moral highground over neckbeards pushing 'science is god' bullshit on you.

Thanks for the bait OP.

So you're arguing that we're just like other animals? And that we humans are not alone in being intellectual beings? And as for the creator, I would say self awareness and intelligence (ultimate intelligence by our standards aka all knowledge of our universe, of course being the one that created it)

Okay so say that our position in the universe was just chance, though a very very small chance considering our universe has been proven to exist for a set amount of time and not always existed, then that still leaves the argument of our genetic coding. It's too accurate and well designed to be random occorrence. And your argument that all we need are the laws of physics is not an argument against a God. There is absolutely no reason for there to be laws of physics, and there is no reason things shouldn't just pop in and out of existence. There is no reason for there to be any existence at all. But yet all of those things are so. A randomly defined universe likely wouldn't have laws at all, even less likely laws that would allow life to form of any kind

>So you're arguing that we're just like other animals?

not "just like" but in many situations people don't act like they are sentient they act out of impulse

This whole people are rational beings is just wrong. There are traces of it but still many times we act out of our impulses.

So you present three theories, saying that we don't understand large timescale happenings, and say that I'm irrefutably wrong? You know for a fact that there was a previous universe?

Science only has microwave echos of the Big Bang, all else is speculation. And you're still not disputing my argument that an ultimate being outside of our own universe is the reason for all the happenings, regardless of any theory you cling to. You could be 100% correct on a theory of yours, but that doesn't make me wrong about mine.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVcf5LBIhs

Mass has entropy, electro-magnetism is a by product of the directional current flow, orthogonal to it.
Could not another phenomenon, orthogonal to the time line ,ie the Planck length, harbour another secret space? Albeit in another dimension (as gravity is)
Tied to our existence but unable to effect it.

It wasn't a chance, it was determined to be the way it is by the very laws of nature
there is no possibility of it being any different, if you follow the chain of causality to the very begging of the universe

>Who makes something and doesn't care about it?

you should ask all the single mothers in the world about that

>muh numbers

(((Science))) is a cult. NASA lie about everything. We are not told the truth about space, whatever it really is. Just Actornauts, faked space missions, and bogus scientific findings.

Far, far, far more likely than for there not to be.

you should have asked hardcore physicists not Sup Forums

The big bang is the other side of a black hole

50%

Either he does or he doesn't.

gradians are a system where a circle is divided into 400 parts
we do not use gradians for latitude.
((they)) would not like that

Retard.

youtu.be/qrKZBh8BL_U

I don't specifically believe in any religion but I do think there is some force at work and that all the religions of the world have just misinterpreted what it actually is. I think they all just made up stuff to explain the same thing but in different ways and hundreds of years ago people would make up all kinds of nonsense to try to make sense of things.

If you really think about the concept of reality and time and space and especially the concept of existence then I think you'll come to the conclusion that there is something but exactly what it is I have no idea.

This x2

if univrs is inft => every combination is possible =>God exist