>Right resolve: samyak-saṃkalpa
>Right speech: samyag-vāc
>Right conduct: samyak-karmānta
>Right livelyhood: samyag-ājīva
>Right effort: samyag-vyāyāma
>Right mindfulness: samyak-smṛti
>Right concentration: samyak-samādhi

DICTIONARY
>dhamma = teaching, arhat = enlightened being, deva = gods, brahma = even more powerful gods, naraka = the 14 hells, kalpa = aeon, samsara = the cycle of deaths and rebirths, nirvana = enlightenment, sila = morality, dhyana = meditation, prajna = insight

GOOD DHAMMA TALKS
youtube.com/watch?v=P_rM8HDYm2c
>youtube.com/watch?v=P_rM8HDYm2c
youtube.com/watch?v=_aRU-eFtmBw
>youtube.com/watch?v=_aRU-eFtmBw
youtube.com/watch?v=5YdRFlLupUM
>youtube.com/watch?v=5YdRFlLupUM

Other urls found in this thread:

gab.ai/BuddhaDivision
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=098C96466D832955806A773C0E1CED70
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=A74765B16840CE0862E34F80D7E5E9A0
i.sli.mg/tCYnkf.jpg
969movement.org/
bnoshipka.org/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get outta here ya fuckin slant eyed fat worshipping gook

Fpbp

There is no "Final" redpill.

Good post.

YES, hello Buddhabros.

Hello Norbro, how's your practice going?

Slow and steady, I meditate when I have time. Had to stop studying Buddhism to get ready for uni and life in general. How about you?

For NatSoc Buddhists: gab.ai/BuddhaDivision

Where do I sign up to join anti-islam buddhist militants?

Except Jesus Christ

Any other buddhabros have trouble with the whole "Respecting all other religions" tenent?

I try, but Islam just seems so fucking ass backwards, and Catholicm and their allowing Pedos to run rampant has been hard to process as well.

Any advise on this??

Malaysia.

As opposed to you dead kike on a stick worshiping fucks.

Same thing really, currently learning how to meditate.

Clinging to volition is a root of suffering

Thank you.

There was a malaysian buddhist talking about the executions of muslims in his country. He made some good points. I can't find the video but pic somewhat related.

Just like I would practice mindfullness and peace I would still not tolerate paedophilia if it were where I lived.

I like Buddhism, especially the Forest Thai tradition. Ajahn Chah and his monks are the most chillest and practical monks.

This is an important theme. Maybe buddhists should take more action-oriented attitude towards the world. Skillfully, of course.

I don't understand. The monk is violating his Precepts by killing.

I don't mean killing, but more active participation in politics.

I feel like it is bad when Buddhists are spurned toward action yet the rest of the world lets bad shit happen again and again.

Key word >skillfully
One of the reasons buddhism is so great is a thoughtfulness in everything they do, so I agree with you 100% that whatever they decide to do should be in service to the core principles that makes buddhism so wonderful.

Waito piggu """"""zen Buddhists"""""""

You retards aren't true Buddhism as practiced in mahayana and theravada Buddhism. Fuck off edgy hipster wannabes

Truth brings digits.

Its not an easy way to live, but picking and choosing what tenents to follow completely negates following the reilion in the first place. In my opinion

>Checked boi

Also,

what do you believe would have been a better course of action? The killing does violate the precepts but it was necessary no? Just asking.

Exactly, like with Gandhi-style

Buddhism is incomplete proto Christianity, Buddhism would be correct if we ignored the reality of objective morality and the difference between human and animal. Buddhism lacks a face, where Christianity has one.

I have respect for Dalai Lama, on the way how he is trying to influence in the world politics.

Sadly I don't know too much about Ghandi and all that. I have just begun to really incorporate buddhism into my life with meditation every day, ergo, I only know enough to say that they should not lose the good stuff haha

I was refering to the non-violence

Nice,
Hey side question:
Can you understand Norwegian? I think I read somewhere that swedes nords and the finnish can sort of understand each other right?

To a some degree. Swedish and Norwegian are more or less the same language. Finnish is totally different, but we have compulsory swedish lessons in the school

I don't think there's any thing right about intentionally violating the Precepts.

Though I don't know the ethos of defending against religious warfare. I know Tibet monks had to fight China at one time. I just don't understand the ethos of it.

I am also against killing. But there is a need for deeper dialogue between the religions.

Cheers man. It is definitely something interesting, especially when, considering the two, I would much rather buddhism stayed around :/

Haha thanks man its been driving me crazy for awhile.

buddha is nepali
literally white poo in loo

TAOISM NUMBA WAN

BUDDHISM NUMBA TWO

Yes! I could get used to having some Buddhist threads around here

Buddhism is a final redpill indeed. I recommend reciting Usnisa Vijaya Dharani everyday, it purifies your karma. I experience blissful state after reciting it.

>Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=098C96466D832955806A773C0E1CED70

>The Three Pillars of Zen
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=A74765B16840CE0862E34F80D7E5E9A0

Both of these books talk about Meditation and how to do it as well as positions (drawings) etc.

If he doesn't violate those, Buddhism won't exist in that country nor will Burma remain Burmese. This was the great flaw of Buddhism throughout history, Afghanistan used to be Buddhist, now it's Muslim and their relics are getting erased. If this continues Buddhism won't help people reach enlightenment because Buddhism won't exist on this Earth.

Hes dead

There could be also be an option to get the islamic people to adopt more nonviolent forms of islam such as sufism.

By killing , you are already erasing Buddhism because you are violating jt Precepts. No one is telling you to follow them of course, it's just that not following the Precepts leads to an unwholesome life and it's obvious. Constantly lying, killing, raping, taking hallucinogens and stealing does erode ones mind and well being.

Like I said it's a hard topic that I would like to ask a seasoned monk one day.

I know. But his teaching still live on through his disciples.

I like Thannisaro Bikkhu since he bring Buddhism to a Western palate. I believe he's Forest Thai as well.

>achmeds get triggered by the religion BTFO'ing them in Burma

Buddhism is a based religion and Hitler believed aryans originated in the same regions as Tibetan buddhists.

I just love the sound of Thannisaro Bikkhu's voice, its so smoothing

Buddhism is pretty based aye.

WELCOME TO AQUARIUS FAGGOTS
>i.sli.mg/tCYnkf.jpg

>WELCOME TO AQUARIUS FAGGOTS
i.sli.mg/tCYnkf.jpg

WELCOME TO AQUARIUS FAGGOTS
>i.sli.mg/tCYnkf.jpg

>WELCOME TO AQUARIUS FAGGOTS
i.sli.mg/tCYnkf.jpg

Yea he's very great. Helps me sleep at times. What's your favorite talk by him?

Dhammatalks.org is an amazing resource though his audience in his talks are monks. Audiodharma talks are more light hearted and intended for lay practitioners; he laughs way more in those talks.

I don't have a favorite talk, but I like to listen to him a lot

Buddhists oppose killing for food, right? I don't see the problem in that and it is a big part of my ancestry and continuing my cultural heritage.

I respect the nature, the well-being of all living things, but this is the one thing I don't get in Buddhists, although they have nice philosophy which I think anyone would benefit looking into.

This is why you should study eastern philosophies as a whole.
The Bhaghavad Gita advocates a more stoic and practical approach, according to which the non removal of kebabs is a sin in itself, but so is the hateful removal of kebabs.
You must remove them lovingly and mindfully. You must become the action of removal of kebabs, not the remover.

Your thoughts must become one with the action. And only then you shall capture the essence of remove kebabs

Taoism>Buddhism in my opinion

I hope my life is long enough to be able to study both, with all the material on Buddhism I wonder if I'll ever finish. Then I think of Hinduism and oh boy...

I heard some teachers say if they didn't kill the animals, then it's not wrong.

They still eat whatever because they rely on alms and the villagers may have only meat to offer.

Friendly reminder that one of the central commitments as a buddhist is not to harm

The first vow of a lay practitioner is not to kill

Compassion should be cultivated for those who are born with tendencies towards harming others

If you are harmed in this life, it because you harmed others in a previous life

For monks.

Monks are the ones who are REQUIRED to take vows of vegetarianism. But of course, not all monks are required to. Some Vajrayana rituals involve the ritual usage of things Buddhism says are a no-no (meat, alcohol, drugs, sex, orgies with little boys, etc).

Even buddhism is a huge thing to study. I have been mostly studying the Theravada tradition, but if you start digging into Tibetan buddhism there are just so much different stuff that come from various sources.

>leftpol

fpbp

Yeah, I've been studying Mahāyāna (Zen Buddhism in particular, ex studied Japanese) and Theravāda, went to a Thai monastery in Vegas for the latter, the rituals were interesting.

All practitioners should take the vow not to kill

It's about harm reduction. If you can vow to stop killing for one hour everyday that's better than nothing. If you can vow to stop for one days a week that's even better. If you can vow to stop for a year, that's even better etc.

Ultimately it is protection of yourself as much as protection of the animals as killing leads to lower rebirth and experiencing the suffering you inflicted in the buddhist view of cause and effect

I don't know about these but these might be an influence from other religions and sound like a corruption of buddhist teaching to me

We can still fight back buddhabros. The red pilled buddhist social movement is fully aware of muslims and jews and is winning the war:

969movement.org/

You should study more before you jump to conclusions

only Chinese mahayanists are required to be vegetarian by vow as far as I know, others eat food they are offered. All monks can not accept meat if it is known or suspected to have been killed specifically for them

Sending metta to our brother, Ashin Wirathu.

Might as well call it enlightenment general
There are many paths to liberation, there is literally no reason to limit yourself to Buddhism unless it's your culture.
Your only going to alienate the Christians and pagans on this board

You should respect living beings, not necessarily mistaken views. If you can articulate why you think they hold istaken views and can see the consequences of those views, you have a duty as someone who is cultivating compassion to skillfully help them see their faulty logic, using a variety of means (upaya) such as the socratic method

Ahh Buddhism; the act of killing yourself before you actually die. The truth path is accepting the cost of attachment and chosing it regardless.

Evola certainly thought it was worthwhile

>I don't like my false concept of what enlightenment is so I chose not to pursue it

I'm curious, why do you see it as killing oneself when it helps one to fully live his life free from attachment and mental hindrances?

If you'd meditate, you'd notice that there is a huge difference in the quietness of the mind between a vegetarian and a omnivorous diet.

I meditate, but I don't follow a vegetarian diet, But maybe I could give it a try

Has anyone of you had an enlightenment experience?
Psychedelics doesn't count

Buddhism is a philosophy more than it is a religion. You can be a Buddhist Christian. I adhere to many Buddhist teachings but still consider myself an atheist.

I try to have a daily mediation routine, but I am not vegetarian myself.
What you should really try to avoid is fast food, that thing is the worse for your concentration.

Buddhism is not a philosophy, it's a path to liberation

This right here is what makes it special. You can take Buddhist teachings and incorporate to pretty much any religion.

Sometimes when I meditate something 'clicks' for a few moments, like I go into an extremely deep trance and become pure consciousness. That's the closest I've ever been to something that could be considered enlightenment

I had the Stream-Entry

That wouldn't work in the real world. There are always "evil forces" or just plain dicks and psychopaths here. If my ancestors were pacifists during the winter war, I wouldn't know Finnish language or my folks wouldn't have a country to call their own.

What about predators in wilderness, what do buddhists think of them? >inb4 it's not necessary for modern people to hunt animals for food, neither is posting on a Lebanese battery-manufacturing forum.

The samurai were zen practitioners

bnoshipka.org/en/

Animals are born into this world, get old, get sick and finally die just like us.

A hunted animal might have been a hunter in its past life or something.

Applied philosophy

You don't need to kill anything for food if you live in a developed country. You also don't need to kill any people unless you're put into an extreme situation, such as a war or somebody attacking you. As for your culture, the past is the past.

There's not really any reason why you shouldn't be able to take that vow

But you can't hold two contradictory views though

I know nothing about Buddhism except that I have a Buddha statue in my room

redpill me on buddhism

I mean stuff like the middle path, not the whole religious aspect.

There is also literally no reason to take that wov either, for the very reasons you listed

>muuuh dead kike on a stick

Your false god is history. Kek prevailed and we are his proxies.

>Leaf
You can't be Buddhist Christian no way.

Buddhist accepts buddha as refuge and refuses to take Wordly gods as refuge.
Buudhist view on the nature of things is quite diffrent from Christian.

Now the good part is: Buddhists sometimes view Christ as a bodhisattva who tamed and teached ignorant and stubborn beings, according to their capabilities. Such view is not contrary to Buddhist teachings.

Again, killing shou.d be avoided wherever possible

There is no such thing as sin in Buddhism, only karma. If you are prepared to experience the consequences, then the choice of committing an act is up to you. Also, motivation for doing an act heavily chagned the resulting consequence. for example, killing an animal becuase you enjoy killing, killing because you enoy the taste of its flesh, killing because you are hungry and you need to eat and killing because you want to feed others who are suffering will all have different karmic consequences

It was the same with Sikhs. Originally they were basically peaceful buddhists. Then muslims came. Sikhism had to adapt to survive. Today Sikhism is a warrior cult. Thanks Islam.

Well, this is something my ego won't let go of. It has given me so much positive energy and it's one of those rare things I truly feel like being part of something much bigger than myself (tfw roaming in un-touched woods with my dog not having a single thing bothering my mind).

What about plants, fish, insects and such? Does the reincarnation apply only for mammals?

You don't need to follow all Buddhists teachings to benefit from them. A Christian can practice meditation and detachment from the world, I don't see how that contradict their beliefs

Basically it's about meditating, detaching yourself from the world and gaining enough karma that you exit the rounds of rebirth and reach nirvana, either in this life or the next ones

Yeah. That's doesn't necessarily mean they followed the teachings fully. They may have cherry picked which teachings they found helpful

Well ofc u can protect ur life, even ur country, though killing is a bad thing anyways. But as buddhist one can clean u bad Karma. Angulimala for example was a serial killer, but turned to teaching and achieved the state of arhat.