Hey burgerfriends, these building were aesthetic, why didn't you rebuild them brick for brick?

Hey burgerfriends, these building were aesthetic, why didn't you rebuild them brick for brick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kyLyGXQUIo0?t=3m23s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it might offend muslims

So we can have them blown up again? I think not friend, I think not.

well vegemate, we decided to go for a more modern style. a big fuck you to the muslims that want us to go back to the stone ages

The WTC was built in the 60s-70s. You would no more design a building like that today than you would build a car like a 66 Chevelle.

The One World Tradecenter doesn't look nearly as impressive though.

Certain designs are timeless.

It looks lonely.

We all know that Israel attacked the USA on 9/11 now the proof: youtu.be/kyLyGXQUIo0?t=3m23s

yes, they were impressive. but beautiful?? gimme a break.

looks great imho.

Isn't there supposed to be a second one but they can't afford to build it?

Either way I agree, they original twin towers were so nice looking. They really held the NY skyline together.

kek

Trump suggested rebuilding the twin towers but bigger.

I remember thinking back then that he was right, a better symbol of resilience wouldve been to rebuild them brick for brick.

but no, "muh nevur furget pools"

Is there any sort of sneaky Jewish symbolism hidden in the design of this tower?

The small exposed ring at the top advocates circumcision

/thread

they were at about half occupancy. people didn't want to rent space in them and lots of new yorkers thought they were an eyesore.

>and lots of new yorkers thought they were an eyesore.
said no new Yorker ever

Fucking cityfolk don't understand aesthetics in that case.

Hey ausbro

I always thought that would've been the best fuck you to the the muslims.

But we voted one into office at the time so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

>two giant, grey rectangles
>aesthetic

>New Yorkers
>Staring at skyscrapers
pick one

>watch documentary on this
>the entire core is clad in 6 foot thick concrete walls protecting the elevators and staircases in the centre

Can any sciencebros gauge whether a plane crashing into that would penetrate it? 6 feet sounds like a lot, but when you consider the sheer speed an force of a plane crashing into something it makes me think even that wouldn't stop it.

There's supposed to be a whole array of other buildings around it, don't know how far along they are with building them. I just remember that one building that had a horrible redesign to look like stacked boxes

>brutalist shit

The Twin Towers were shit, a second OWTC would be lovely though. Lower Manhattan will look more complete when the rest of the place is completed come 2020.

>using bricks to rebuild a concrete and steel structure

They projected might; tall, symmetrical, angular, textured like concrete, a hair's breadth from brutalism.

it's an expression, autisbro

>ywn see the twin towers in the New York skyline

What is neat is that it's designed so if you look up at it from the bottom, it's angled so it looks like it goes on forever.

Visiting that tower was actually really emotional for me tbqh famalam.

it's a monument to human sacrifice, it should have been emotional.

It looks fucking stupid I hate seeing that big piece of shit

I always ask whomever I'm with "What even goes on there now?"

It's not a world trade center, it was called the WTC for a reason, not because it was a freedom building that freedom-hating Muslims(non-muslims) destroyed.
What would be in a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Freedom""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Tower anyway? Burger King?

Okay I think I see it, the triangular points at the top make it look taller from below.

captcha: [spoiler]select all images with a skyscraper[/spoiler]

>mfw

The tower is called One World Trade Center though

There's hardly as much business that's going on there, joking aside

Does Silverandgoldstein still own the tower?

425 Park Avenue gets a lot of shit

i like the new one at least
there's a spot on the east river where i smoke weed and you can see the new tower along with midtown's skyline, it's pretty aesthetic

Trump wanted to rebuild them just ten feet taller but the jews had other plans.

>Muslims (non-Muslims) destroyed

What are you implying Ahmad?

Port Authority has control of the tower but Larry is the leaseholder of the area

Because they were Muslims that did it but they're not because they're extremists and therefore not Muslim. I learned all this at uni, you fucking hick bigot

I went to NYC this past summer and saw they were in the process of building like three more around it.

so much fucking THIS

>> the only way we should have made them any different would be to make them even taller than the burj & the petronas just so no muzzie can claim world's tallest

Or just drone strike any building that is taller than the original, that would be the American way....

They literally look like two mainframes that haven't been dusted in 30 years

lul they weren't made of bricks

They were considered ugly af, they were never fully occupied and the space wasn't even needed when they were built. It was a Port Authority boondoggle.

They were impressively huge though.

Airplanes are made of aluminum and lightweight composites. An airplane flying full speed into a 6ft thick wall of reinforced concrete would leave some pock marks and a large stain.

The engines might leave some deeper pock marks but still wouldn't do much.

The original wtc wasn't crirically damaged by the planes themselves, it was the fuel fire's eat weakening the steel beams to the point where they could no longer support the hundreds of thousands of tons of structure above them.

They looked like shit.

Why? Too white for you, Sven?

I would rather build a 66 Chevelle, fuck modern cars

thnx ahmed

My Great aunt was born and raised manhattan, died leaving behind a brownstone on the UES that she bought for less than 10k post ww2 and sold for 39 million (in 2009 no less). She was an artist, a socialite, very active and known in the upper class andy warhol scene

She and most like her fucking hated the WTC with a passion. She always said they looked like the boxes that the empire state and chrysler building were shipped in.

She's not wrong

fpbp

HURR DURR MAH CARBURETOR

No, you'd rather restore a chevelle.
>not that there's anything wrong with that
If you had all modern tech at your fingertips to build something ground up, and chose to make a heavy-ass, no-handling, pushrod, carbureted '66 chevelle instead of a 2017 corvette well then you're a fucking moron

Why the fuck didn't we rebuild but have a memorial at the base like Trump proposed
Terrorists don't attack the same place twice, too many people will see it coming and prevent it

That's fear talking mate, aren't you goys supposed to be brave?

A ton of the older buildings are amazing looking even though they were built by previous clones of Donald Trump. They seems to have problems with retaining some semblance of taste each time they replicate him though, or maybe this Trump got stuck in the wrong timeline.

That fucking Pan Am building though, ugh.

I meant 432 Park Avenue

Need's a couple more around it.

>Need's

This is what happens when I stay up all night.

>why didn't you rebuild them brick for brick?

Well, mainly because they were made of dual core steel with poured concrete slabs.

And also, because the building standards of today are more rigourous than those of when they were built.

Also, you know... asbestos is bad.

they looked like the boxes that the empire state and chrysler building were shipped in
>> this is true, Pei's design was as boring as a volvo

But once those towers fell, the only right answers was to replace them as they were, the new singular cucktower is a constant reminder of what was lost, like a missing tooth

Holy shit that's ugly. It looks like Minecraft.

Couldn't they have done something to relieve the monotony?

>asking a mongolian on the other side of the planet about our American buildings

Looks pretty cool irl desu. The penthouse is $95m, the same thing would probably cost $250m in London.

Forgot to add, you can kind of see from the top; it is covered in windows so you can see through it, and it doesn't block the sky up so much.

/ so it reflects everything

that's jewish art for you

chinese deposit boxes

Have you been to NYC since the new tower was completed? It looks fucking amazing. Huge freedom boner every time I see it. The old towers have been surpassed. New tower is not only taller but 10x better looking, like America's gleaming dick, waving in the wind for the world to see.

>adding cuck as a prefix to a word does not prove your point can we move past the election cycle histrionics please

>brick by brick

There never were any bricks. They were holograms the whole time.

Arab beams can't melt aesthetic fuel.

The WTC wasn't built with bricks. It was built from concentrated freedom.

The Cucktower is pure postmodernism trash

Those early 1900's skyscrapers look aesthetic af

Fun fact, it was designed by the same architect that built the Holocaust Museum in Berlin, a Jew who is on record as having stated that the West needed to stand strong against Islam; a real mixed bag.

Blessed be Yahweh.

The new world trade center is so fucking ugly, a giant hideous glass dong towering of lower Manhattan.

I miss the twin towers

>muh postwar brutalism

Brutalism is aesthetic trash, a form of minimalism that doesn't accomplish anything besides being minimal. There is not ambition, no edge, no creativity. Look at Italian futurism, look at the works of Rem Koolhaas and Norman Foster: those are architecture at its pinnacle. Bold, new, with a clear sense of imperative.

Yes, I have seen the cucktower and the pools of tears and the wall of the victimhood.... all are womanly responses to a tradgedy.

>>the towers of light were a fitting tribute in the aftermath though

To me, the only response worthy of an American was to replace them as they were or the nuking of Mecca, anything less is just less

What is it with you freaks and your uncontrollable lust for glass and shiny things

>these building were aesthetic
just modern class cubes

You never know.

Maybe he's a building autist who gets boners about all the world's skyscrapers so he researches them all.

Oh, and I do admit the new building is more aesthetically pleasing than the Pei boxes, but there should have been 2 of them on the same footprints as the old WTC, symbolism matters in the face of tragedy

The American response would've been to replace them, but build them even taller.

See my 1st post

Checked.

Nuking mecca, that'll show em.

Rebuilding them as they were was a stupid idea and non starter. They were targeted for their design flaw as much as anything. Why the repeated attacks on the building unless they truly thought they could bring them down. Osama's family was in construction after all.

One of the main features of the new building is the fact that it's reinforced as fuck. It'd take a nuke to take 1wtc down, thing could survive a 747 strike now.

kek

Now this I can agree with

because they used the bricks to build a few mosques.

How is the 2nd world trade center building still not in foundation stage? All that taxpayer money for reconstruction, 10+ years after 2001 and THEY STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED IT.

The lack of symmetry without the 2nd tower is making me blow all my OCD.

>uncontrollable lust for glass and shiny things

Glass and steel are modern materials for a modern age, and can be used to create much larger and ambitious projects.

The degree of monumentalism that can be achieved with those materials far outstrips the abilities of stone.

Becauae they're not English and it's not in their spirit.

England but the city back up brick for brick after the blitz. Yanks are weak and wanted.Mosques in their place.

Also, reported the thread for being offtopic, stop shitting up /pil/.

No self respecting American likes the new tower, Larry.

To give a jew architect something to do

okay Mohammad

NOT ENOUGH!

FRAGH GRAH BLAG!

NOT ENOUGH!

It looks like it's made from Popsicle sticks.

Turns out the reason they haven't done the 2nd tower is because they can't decide between these two designs. Right one is better, no brainer. Good lord just look at the lack of AESTHETICS on the left side.

Anyone who picks the left one is a Minecraft autist.