Congress just gave Trump the authority to send surface-to-air missiles to Syrian fighters

TRUMP WAS SUPPOSED TO STOP THIS

washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/12/06/congress-just-gave-trump-the-authority-to-send-surface-to-air-missiles-to-syrian-fighters/?utm_term=.7a2336020033#comments

If Trump goes along this bullshit he's completely betraying the people who voted for him. This is completely unacceptable.

>While the bill providescertain restrictionsfor transferringthe controversial weapons, known as MANPADS or Man Portable Air Defense Systems, it represents a significant shift from prior iterations of the legislation. The missile-related language, firstreportedby Al-Monitor, also contradictsinternational guidelineschampioned by the United States that imply a de facto ban on transferring the shoulder-fired weapons to nonstate actors.

>It is unclear who in the House or Senate pushed for the MANPADS provision in the bill. The chairman of the SenateArmed Services Committee, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), has long called for delivery of the weapons to help the beleaguered rebelstrying to stave off air attacks by both the Syrian government, and more recently, the Russian air force.

>Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.), who voted against the bill, said in an emailed statement that he was“disappointed that the House of Representatives’ explicit prohibition on the transfer of these dangerous weapons into Syria was reversed — behind closed doors — by the conference committee.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NaDPumW5qMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>author doesn't realize Obama is the current president

Afghanistan 2.0

>completely betraying the people who voted for him
Oh my.. who saw this coming? Literally every politician kept his campaign promises until Trump. Truly shocking

>oh my god Trump has authority to shit in his own bed
>guys this is a giant issue I know he's said that he's against bed shitting but he might do it
>I am literally gas lighting as hard as I can over this non issue

What's this got to do with trump?

>drumpfkins actually believed things would change
haha, babbies first politics lesson?

Ending the shit over in the middle east is one of the only reasons I was hoping he'd win.

>washingtonpost
Why do we believe them all of a sudden?

fucking NEOCON MCCAIN !

>Trump isn't President yet and can't give that authority.

FAKE NEWS
A
K
E
N
E
W
S

>Trump given any power.
He's not the current president yet, this article is BAIT.

WaPo is shitposting with disinfo.

Hilariously enough, Trump has the authority to do a lot of heinous shit.

Because Obama did it.

Thanks, Obama!

>It is unclear who in the House or Senate pushed for the MANPADS provision in the bill.
Why is this allowed?

He's not the President yet, he has no authority to do anything.

Jewish scaremongering.

/Thread

Trump will stop it. 7D chess. You're to simple to understand.

> Trump
> Check date
> Obama is in office
CTR is at it yet again!

Are MANPADS single use? Sounds like a huge waste of money if they are.

Umm WaPo...

Obama is still the president.

>congress gave trump
No you fucking pathetic little shit, congress gave OBAMA the autority, which Trump will inherit when he takes office. It just shows how nobody gives a shit about Obama when retards like you forget he is STILL in office.

>congress gave trump
>obama and his clinton cartle are still president

im getting real tired of this bullshit.

If I gave a stick to someone, would they be obligated to assault the next person they see?
Also
>WaPo

>Congress just gave President Obama the go-ahead to...
I don't see where Trump fits into this. If you're using this as your premise, anything you say afterwards is automatically wrong.

this

>Libshits can't even wait until the Republican is sworn in to start blaming him for all the problems of the world

Wew

we don't, it's confirmed fake news

lol, you fell for it. you had no chance to STOP THIS with any of the candidates.

>Trump isn't president yet

Fuck off you stupid fuckwad

he has authority to nuke some country too. He has authority to exterminate the jews if he works hard enough for it.
FUCK OFF SHILLS

JUST BECAUSE HE HAS THE AUTHORITY TO DO SO DOES NOT MEAN HE WILL ESPECIALLY AS HE HAS EXPLICITLY COME OUT AGAINST ARMING THEM

>OP IS RETARDED

>congress passes a law
>senate ratifies
>President Obama signs it into law
>.........
>"DOLAN DRUMPF DID THIS!!!1!!!!111!1"

Friendly reminder that Obama is still President until January 17th(?) and the 535 congressman/senators are not Donald Trump.

Trump isn't president yet dumb fuck, so congress gave the authority to Obama for a month and a half.

Trump had literally nothing to do with it.

Congress passed it and the article is spinning it because Trump is coming into power.

lol fpbp

>The chairman of the SenateArmed Services Committee, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), has long called for delivery of the weapons to help the beleaguered rebelstrying to stave off air attacks by both the Syrian government, and more recently, the Russian air force.
Fucking McCain again. I hate that idiot. youtube.com/watch?v=NaDPumW5qMQ

>It is unclear who in the House or Senate pushed for the MANPADS provision in the bill.

I'm not saying it was John McCain, but it was definitely John McCain.