Why do we say that Russia is European when most of it is in Asia?

Why do we say that Russia is European when most of it is in Asia?

>Why do we say that Russia is European when most of it is in Asia?
I was taught in school that Russia IS part of Asia. I have never heard it being described as Europe.

Because it is run by Red whites west of the Urals.

Isn't most of Russia a cold, uninhabitable wasteland?

Like Paterson, NJ.

its government is european

Most of the russian population lives in european part

Because 82% of Russian population lives in the European part. Because most of the Russians are of caucasian race. Because the Russian language is similar to other European languages. Etc.
Denmark owns Greenland, doesn't mean Denmark is American.

Because the part with a notable population density is in Europe, and Russians are slavic.

So, you're saying it's already New Jersey?

Cause the czar tried really hard to be european

Cold, unbearably cold, "who-the-fuck-thought-its-a-good-idea-to-settle-here"-cold. But still mostly inhabitable, especially today when agricultural parts don't have to be next to a city. We have a shitton of cities that get -40 degrees temperatures in winter.

Everybody in the world could fit on the Isle of Wight .

>human race

the Asian part was colonized like 3-400 years after its inception, the Russian ethnicity is a European ethnicity, and the capitol Moscow is in Europe, that's why.

I think I'll stay in Hawaii.

Fuck seasons, I'll stick with the best one.

>let's make the whole world like New Jersey!
Fucking kill me

Wrong.

>tfw you vidja game too much and it takes you a minute to remember Urals are a mtn range and not a misspelling of the provincial lords in skyrim

>tfw you watch financial markets too much and it takes you a bit of time to realize he didn't mean Urals as an oil brand

>Why do we say that USA is European when all of it is in Americas?

Geographically, Europe ends at the Urals. And most Russians live West of the Urals. Ethnic Russians are Caucasian, have light skin, speak an Indo-European language and share their history with much of Europe. So that makes Russia European to me.

However many Russians believe that Russian culture is unique from European and Asian culture

>Tfw you're too much of a petrolhead and it takes you a bit of time to realize he wasn't talking about the bikes

>American education

>unique from European and Asian culture
you can say about that every culture
however, the similarities drown out the differences, which are more time then not just nuances
across all euro individual cultures the fundamentals are the same
everyone is taught about little red riding hood, goldilocks and the 3 bears, etc. I mean I think everyone, if not then there's something really fucked up about you

And if we all lived as densely as the Kowloon Walled City we'd all fit inside Israel

>not living in a moderate climate country so you can have all 4 seasons balanced perfectly
Also you are certified non-white if you only like summer

the actual russian heimatland is the very westmost areas on this side of the urals.

All of asian russia is basically their conquered territories, and is inhabited by weird ass ethnic groups no one cares about, like samoyeds, koryaks, yakuts, etc etc.

It's like asking why 1800s britain was considered european when most of it was in india and africa at the time.

>ameriburger education
Because 80% of population live in European part.

>tfw you germanic language too much and can't mistake jarl for ural, anymore than you mistake earl for urinal.

>The human race
The human species*

Another fun trivia: If the human SPECIES lived as densely as they do in New York City (28,052.5/sq mi), the world could fit in Texas (268,581 sq mi total area).

>forcing the whole human race to live like Pusanians
>in a utopia modelled on New Jersey
>in Siberia
You are the most evil OP in the history of Sup Forums.

>summer
>insects
>reptiles
>skin cancer
>everyone is undressed sweaty and sticky exposing their disgusting flesh
>no hockey
fucking gross

Because it's people live almost entirely in the European side and are predominantly ethnically Slavic.

But Winter is best season, the fuck you on?

Culture and population, you see most of Asian Russia is a frozen shithole, most people live in the European part, also Russians originated in Europe, they are Slavic and they have massive cultural diffrences with the rest of asia.

Plus soon Ukraine will be part of Russia.

Because 70% of the population of Russia lives in the ethno-European vicinity, and the rest are all Siberian snow chinks.

>we say that Russia is European
Who says this?

Europeans like including russia as a european country if it makes europe's stat bar look better.

By my very basic calculations assuming people require a 50cmx50cm square to stand in we would need an area of 1,750km^2 or... 4.46 isle of Wights

Why do you say Europe is a continent but India is a subcontinent? India is a large peninsula protruding from Asia, and actually on it's own continental plate. Europe is almost a large peninsula protruding from Asia, though the line is usually set at the Ural mountains so that's a bit too far east to say it's just the peninsula, it's a very similar division though. We call India a subcontinent, not a continent. Of all the continents as traditionally defined, only Europe and Asia are not separated by water, and only Europe and Asia are primarily located on the same continental plate.

The ancient Greeks considered them different continents, and that made a certain amount of sense from their point of view, but their concept of Europe was not bound by the Urals, in their conception Europe was not the 'western' world but the 'northern' world.

Anyway that was thousands of years ago. Today it just doesn't make any sense at all.

actually there was more people on the planet i first thought, we could jam the entire human race on Mauritius