Explain to me why we need marriage?

Explain to me why we need marriage?

Why can't a couple just...exist? What's the point of marriage? Seems to me there are only cons in the marriage, zero pros. That also applies to shit like common-law marriages, which is 100% bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jjPQ_jVlEnQ
childcustodyproject.org/essays/best-interests-of-the-child/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's symbolic and sometimes human beings (imperfect as we are) need extra motivation to commit to one another and work through issues in the interest of raising a good family

it would (and is turning out to be) a total clusterfuck otherwise

Isn't Catholicism alive and well in Poland? Why are you asking this?

Families are the building block of society

yeah well that's why I hate marriage, because I see how it's pointless.
Why do you need to get married to be a family? What sort of retarded logic is this?
If you need motivations like marriage your relationship is already fucked

Marriage is pointless. It only exists so that the other person can benefit when the shit hits the fan. Marriage is a invention of an bygone era when man had the all power and women had to marry to survive. Now the roles are reversed, and woman have all the power.

It wasn't good back then, and It wasn't good now.

>Asks question and creates the facade of wanting to understand something
>"Marriage is a invention of an bygone era. . . It wasn't good back then, and It wasn't good now."

Like, why even post?

fuck im not worthy of a chick like that. also marriage is only important to women. men dont give a shi. women want the wedding to show off to their freinds. if they dont they want the ring to show off to their freinds. if not they want the kid to show off to their freinds or parents. no women wants to be alone into their 40s. its just like telling everyone im not a looser

Adds some legal bindings to encourage the stability of 2-parent family life for the children.

Also adds legal security for pooling assets, which allows 1 parent to raise children while the other provides, etc.

I guess I don't understand why people on Sup Forums love idea of marriage so much. The fact that so many people here love it because it's "traditional" is so retarded.
it's true, women want marriage only because of money and power. the problem with your post is thinking like this
>no women wants to be alone into their 40s
by implying that no marriage = alone. you can still have partner without a marriage. that's what I'm talking about

not even money and power. at first its just dont want to be the only single one of my freinds and dont dissapoint mom and dad. then as times goes on they get sick of work and want to be set for life

Well, baby boomers felt like they didn't need it and look how fucked up they all turned out and what their decisions have wrought on the world

>Also adds legal security for pooling assets, which allows 1 parent to raise children while the other provides, etc.

yeah, but once the divorce happens, you're fucked because the other person will argue that she didn't get the money from "taking care of the house/children" and she can't find a job because she wasn't on the job market since he/she took care of the house/kids . Hence the alimony.
again, you can do all of that without marriage. Marriage is good for women because then they're set for life.

no you think all women are money whores. some literally just want the appearence of a great couple to show off to freinds. the money comes into thoughts when theyre like 30

Because I want to keep this girl as mine forever.

If she loves you, she will be yours forever. And you imply that marriage belongs to men, when the opposite is true. Woman have all the power if they want, they will divorce you.
Appearance of a great couple? What a dumb logic. What's the difference between a married couple, and just a couple? The only difference is that the fist one wears rings, that's it. Logic like this is the reason why marriage still exists

There's also the concept of security.

Married couples tend to have the illusion that their partners will stay with them forever or for at least a long while. make them think they'll share everything good and bad, basically they think their partners are reliable and trustable enough to do everything together as if they where bond for life.

Google commitment problem.

yes women are that shallow dude. they want to look good and make their freinds jelous. in todays world looks are the main motivator

>
>implying anything this attractive will EVER want a relationship with a Sup Forumstard

Quit breaking my heart user

yeah well your point is that women marry for money and status, which I already explained why marriage still exists. That doesn't mean I have to tolerate this retarded logic.

no status, money comes afterward. many women dont give a fuck abought money because they just mooch. its not retarded dude thats how women opperate. thats what girls in high school and college due. they want to impress freinds

Marriage keeps people together that might have otherwise went their seperate ways over trivial stuff that gets worked out after a couple days. Men, women, and children benefit from a stable family unit.

Therefore it follows that the state should have a vested interest and encourage marriage.

> married 8 years with 5 kids, it's great BTW

We're still animals, we're impulsive. Marriage is needed to not fall into impulsiveness so easily.

you see someone and you choose to create a mutual cooperation group with her.
Also marriage it's needed to have sexual relations if you're christian and also symbolizes a covenant between you and your couple.

>Marriage is pointless. It only exists so that the other person can benefit when the shit hits the fan. Marriage is a invention of an bygone era when man had the all power and women had to marry to survive. Now the roles are reversed, and woman have all the power.

Nice VPN leaf.

Is this a trap?

Because sociallay women have been trained to believe that they require a social promise in front of the law/church and state that you as a man will not leave them.

It's not required , yet women believe it is.

Marriage came into being as a contract between two familes for the exchange of "good femels" for stock like cattle or sheep.

It's not needed , but we've been indotrinated to believe it and we face pier presure from those around us to do so.

Now how do you convice a woman to accept this and how do you overcome the feels bad from the negative reaction to those around you, and what qurantee do you have that she'll not break.

Figure that out and poof you'll be the happinest man aliving living willingly with an women having children and growing togheter without being married.

You bastard

The point of Marriage isn't about being a couple and not being lonely, it's about stability in raising a family.

There's no point to marry these days, mostly is just materialistic women who want a wedding and a dress and play dress up.

Back in the day marriage had a purpose. It was used to trade and also bring together families to have mor resources to rely on. You had a daughter you would marry her off to a man that had land or some type of other property to get a cut.

Being married to the right woman is emotional raw dogging, its a fucking awesome experience.

youtu.be/jjPQ_jVlEnQ

Again, if you need a gun to your head to be in a good relationship, it's bad. Your reasoning makes you look dumb, sorry but it's true
we're only animals when we don't control ourselves. Again, that reasoning is dumb.
It's not that you will leave them, is that ONCE she leaves you, she will have no problem with money. That's the point of marriage.
What?
I'm no leaf, I don't care if you're triggered by the fact that marriage was invented back when woman had no power, and were literally treated like animals for exchange.
Again, it's retarded. You have a partner, you can have a family with them without the marriage. That's still a stability. The difference is once the couple breaks up, there's no divorce and all the other crap that comes after.
Agree on the first part, disagree on the second part. Marriage back then WAS not good. Call me sjw cuck all you want, but most of the time women had no choice in choosing who they want. Men were choosing for them. That's not good.
being in a relationship with right woman is the same thing. Stop saying marriage is something special.

Please stop posting pictures of this woman. It is giving me heartache.

It's just a female, a person like any other. Calm down.
I sort of understand what you're saying, but again, it's just mind games that go nowhere because women most of the time have the power do to anything once the marriage happens. Sometimes, rarely, but sometimes it's men who abuse the power of marriage.
Again, that illusion is bad and people need to be taught it's wrong.

Marriage is fine I guess, only if;

>sign prenup on all my assets
>everyone is responsible for purchasing individual assets
>if at all possible to write up a contract that would absolve me of any child care responsibilities in an event of a divorce.
>she can keep the kid though

Seem like reasonable demands to me.

Marriage is a social construct.

>I'm married
>I can't, I'm married

It's a control methodology. It ties you permanently to another person. It's not in any way a bad thing.

>Posts question on forum.
>Annoyed when people have differing opinions.

What were you even hoping to accomplish?

>want to drive a car
>have to get a license
>to qualify for a license you need to be US citizen
>need to pass a written exam and performance test
>you are subject to fines, court appearances for making serious mistakes
>your license is suspended if you are a bad driver
>you must take a mandatory course to reclaim your license

>want to get married
>have to get a license
>to qualify for license you need to be US citizen
>just need to be a man or a woman
>you are not subject to fines, court appearances for being a bad spouse
>your license does not get suspended if you are a bad spouse
>you do not have to take mandatory marriage counseling to reclaim your license

Nice quints

why has no one checked these sick digits yet

Again, when you find the right woman, you WILL marry her. Because the right woman doesnt fuck around and stay your girlfriend for 40 years, most men are shit and dont want to grow up and fully commit. she want to call you her husband, raise your children, wash your clothes and cook your dinner. Also you arent a fucking a family if she doesnt have your last name. And yes, divorce is shit, you both lose, the children lose the whole unit suffers. But being afraid of marriage because of others poor experiences is retarded.
Heres the secret to happiness: dont take others life experiences as gospel, people like to make themselves out to be the victim and often lie and hide the truth, theres a good chance that the men you know who got dumped werent fufilling their roles.

read my other posts, if marriage is what keeps people together, it's bad. It's like having a sniper right outside your house and he will shot you once you leave that person or do anything that results in the termination of relationship
yeah, well like I said it's dumb and I want to change that.
all the things you've said can be avoided without the marriage.

And if you think prenup, all the things you can do secure your future once the divorce happens have any power, you're wrong. I studied this and shit like prenup are meaningless now, because it removes the power from women
It doesn't tie you permanently. You imply there is no divorce. But there is. So you're wrong.
You can have an opinion, that doesn't mean I have to like, and agree with it
this is so fucking retarded on so many levels. I'm not even gonna bother reply.
you will marry her becasue of the way society works these days. It's forced opon you.
And your logic is retarded. Why can I be with that women when we're 40 and STILL NOT MARRIED? WHAT'S THE POINT OF MARRIAGE?

You're not listening. You have a retarded logic that no marriage = alone. You're not alone. You're in a relationship. End of story.

Well, FaggotOP, the answer to your question is simple and you are on the right path. All marriages are are partnerships made official

Marriages were originally created with the idea in mind that man and woman's partnership was sacred in that our bond was a bond of love. Now people divorce often because we've confused love with lust

>Why can't a couple just...exist?

because the groom needs to make a deal to Marry with one of the bride's parents, usually the father

or else it's not a marriage, if those 3 people agree than you're married, they need to dump the earned income tax credit

it's twisted legislation that is unconstitutional

There is no point in marriage now. It's a sham.

There was a time when it was the building block of society -- but that has been killed. Now it's merely something to do for the sake of doing.

There is no point in privileging the marriage relationship as it has been debased to the point of meaninglessness.

Perhaps as a religious ceremony if can live on as something worthwhile.

The government need not be involved any longer. There is no more need of government involvement than getting a licence to hang with a bro. Marriage is just a lifestyle option among many.

That's a modern interpretation, men evolutionary tend to breed with more women , it's in men DNA to want to fuck as many women as possible.

As much as a women would like to fuck as men , she'll often get pregnant and have to stop, after that it's complicated for her alone to raise a child while a man can continue fucking and working.

Functionally , marriage is for women... just because in the last 60 years in western conturies women found a loop-hole where they can make a man pay for the baby is just a loophole as men were no longer a priority inside the current economical system.

In the past , men would go die in battle to protect their women , their lands , their children. Thus men had priorities , women had to be put in place and kept safe from those that would rape them.

Later with the age of industrilization men were still a usefull tool that could perform hard intestive labour and they once again were the ones who were a priority , making the rules (US 60s)

But in the last 40-30 years , since we've slowly moved from manual labour to automation, and men became less usefull since no more phisyical intenstive labour we slowly moved to this equal right thing.

Thus this requirement that would allow both males and females to be productive members of socties and men were no longer needed to defend like they once did , only a handful were needed out of milions the world moved towards giving women more rights.

Thats what went on, it's a good thing don't get me wrong.

Since four hands work better then two hands , but more freedom cost at a cost , and women have been put in place since the dawn of time.

Women can't handle freedom and require a strong individual to give them focus and confidence. Like it or not we are descended out of rape or those women kept in place.

Since they can't handle it ,they abuse it.So don't mistake a loophole creating to give women freedoms and special priviliage with what's the actual purpose of marige

2 words... Tax cuts.

she's a dutch chink.

>
>read my other posts, if marriage is what keeps people together, it's bad. It's like having a sniper right outside your house and he will shot you once you leave that person or do anything that results in the termination of relationship

Because in ALL relationships, you have bad patches where the easiest solution is to just walk away and try to forget, start over with a new girl.
Marriage is an impetus to at least TRY to fix the relationship before you abandon it.

t. user with parents who nearly divorced 3 times while i was growing up but parents are still together after now 30 years of marriage

You need marriage in society because it forms a symbol of unity for those who need such for motivation and provides extra legal framework to incentivise couples staying together. Even a dysfunctional couple is better than a single mother when it comes to raising a child; especially more agressive, strong and intelligent males but also hyper - emotional females.

One thing that the minnesoda transracial adoption study proved is that all races in America are underperforming relative to what they would be raised under the healthy middle class families (which was anywhere from five to nine points above the current IQ mean for each race respectivley).

Proving just how destructive the death of the family truly is.

Thats like saying
"You're not homeless, you're renting a house."
You actually are homeless in reality, you're a social cuck for wanting a girlfriend at 40, you're not 15 years old anymore its not cool to just be dating a woman after 30, hiding your feelings and fears is comical, dont paint your issues on marriage as just and factual based, its obvious you're still a young man with lots of growth ahead of you, take that as a compliment. Also stop coming here and listening to these sex deprived old cucks, they're going to poison you.

>There was a time when it was the building block of society
It wasn't. Most of the time it was men choosing women regardless of she wants him or not. That's not good. I mean, it's good in a Sup Forums way, but it's not good. Women most of the time had no power.
The difference between then and now, is that women have all the power now.
Once again, there were no good ol days. Marriage back then was most of the time forced upon the other person. Women don't need to be locked in a marriage, men don't need to be locked in a marriage. Actions like that are bad
Again, I understand that marriage is all because of money. That doesn't mean I have to like it thought. I find it disgusting.
If you truly love that person, a petty argument is not gonna end the relationship. The fact that you need a marriage for that to not end, makes you and your partner a dumb couple that was never meant to last
>Even a dysfunctional couple is better than a single mother
but why that couple needs to get married? You provided no good explanation for that, other than "they just have to". "Symbol of unity". What a fucking joke
jesus christ what a dumb logic
I'm not homeless because I'm renting a house. That's it. There is no "but".
There is nothing wrong with having a "girflriend" when you're 40 years old because she was my "girlfriend" for 20 or more years now. We just didn't got married. We didn't got the rings on our hands.

I repeat, THERE IS NO FUCKING POINT IN MARRIAGE and your reasoning makes you look like a old fuck who thinks that people who are not married are somehow beneath the people are. It's disgusting.

A lot of you are repeating the same arguments, so please read my post before you reply.

Who's this again?

If you're going to get married might as well convert to muslim first. If a woman leaves then they get acid thrown in their face so no man will touch them or just be flat out killed and its legal because its an honor killing.

>calling a woman a female
o i am laffin

You don't have to marry if you don't want to. Most people probably do it because it's a nice tradition and gives you a day to remember/celebrate.

a dutch chink.

Would you consider yourself a feminist? Why are you fighting for no marriage aside from it being Esoteric.

Why are you this obsessed with calling her a dutch chick when she's not?

>not being a post-meta-ironic feminist

>You don't have to marry if you don't want to
you don't have to but there are lot of common-law marriage laws that are retarded and need to be abolished. And there's social stigma for the people that are not married, even people on Sup Forums think that people who are not married are disgusting, just look at this thread
>because it's a nice tradition and gives you a day to remember/celebrate
do you even hear yourself?

Just read that again, and think how pointless you just made a concept of marriage look.
I'm not a feminist, because majority of feminist want marriage because it gives women absolute power. In many circles man cannot be a feminist

>Why can't a couple just...exist?
they can, marriage is a religious union. Common law marriage exists so women can take your shit when they dump you.

life is pointless as well but here you are shitposting instead of trying to kill yourself
heh

Because of inheritance being a difficult matter to settle. People who work and have money and important relationships have more stuff to deal with than your hikki ass finds intuitive.

Commitment. Stability. Responsibility. Society.

>I'm not a feminist, because majority of feminist want marriage because it gives women absolute power. In many circles man cannot be a feminist.

It really only gives women absolute power as long as family courts let them have absolute power.

to keep rich people from snatching up all the women and leaving society to deal with millions of frustrated young adult males with nothing to lose and nothing better to do than make trouble

SAUCE NOW

>Explain to me why we need marriage?

To legally transfer property.

If you meant why do we need it currently the answer is we don't.

Ella Freya

if you need to do a mating dance for those things, you lack them

Again, you just said what I've been saying for a while now what's wrong with marriage
There's nothing ironic about my posts.
I remember when was the first time I've seen that pic, back then I was just a silly meme in polish imageboard, now I see it everyone.

And for everyone curious, that's how average polack dresses up for marriage.
Read my other posts.
You're talking about kids which is entirely different thing. But in alimony and child support cases, women have more power. Not always, but most of the time.
good
very funny
There wouldn't be any problems if there was no marriage.

she is tho

>But in alimony and child support cases, women have more power. Not always, but most of the time.
Well if we had male biased family law, wouldn't most of the stuff then go to the male in divorce court, giving him more power

>There wouldn't be any problems if there was no marriage.
Yes user, there would be, because you would have fewer laws dictating how the inheritance should be divided, thus there would be much more conflict surrounding it. Inheritance is a big fucking deal.

you need marriage to protect the interests of any spawn you create.

that said marriage has become meaningless ever since kids stopped belonging to the man of the house if the marriage fails.

There used to be no question, the house and the kids where the man's, the woman could btfo. Along came the "in the best interest of the child" and marriage has been broken ever since.
childcustodyproject.org/essays/best-interests-of-the-child/

>Historically, in England and in the early years of the United States, fathers received custody as children were seen as the property of the father. This rule made economic sense, as men had access to resources to support the child that women generally did not have. Mothers were, in broad terms, the property of their husbands and did not have an independent economic existence.

>By the end of the 19th century, the gender bias flipped. At this time, courts developed and applied the “tender years” doctrine. Simply put, the doctrine meant that courts presumed that the mother was the more appropriate custodial parent for young children.

you give stuff to the woman because most women are completely useless and need the help.

she's dutch but she takes singapore dick

Yeah just move to the 3rd world and get knocked up by some knuckle dragger and dump those feral kids to fend for themselves at 8 or 9 years of age.

By 10 they'll be fucking and having more 'families'.

OP you are the most insightful shithead I've ever met... Oh wait, sorry you're a re-run of liberal child-fuckers.

It's a contract between a man and a wife.
Wife gets access-rights to mans property and husband gets ownership to his wife. The almighty God then binds them until death sets them apart.

During days before degenerates, women really wanted to get married because otherwise they had to be a servant girl or a nun for all your life. Having a breadwinner husband was a great deal.

She looks like an anime character, just like that Ukrainian gal.

Marriage exists for one very simple reason, OP. Jobs.

Even in a tiny ass country like mine, weddings are a source of massive income for hundreds of thousands of people. Wedding agencies. Florists. Decorators. Fashion studios. Make up studios.

Have you ever paused to consider how much the average wedding costs? And how many people get married within a 100km radius from you? If every single unwed couple in your country suddenly decided that they wouldn't get married, that would be absolutely devastating to hundreds of corporations who make money off weddings.

Weddings are an industry just like any other. And if you shut down an industry, you leave hundreds of thousands unemployed. That's why little girls are pumped full of ads about beautiful white dresses, gorgeous wedding decorations and a handsome groom waiting for them at the altar when they're little. So by the time they're 18, they're conditioned to desire marriage and willing to spend exorbitant amounts of money on something that can otherwise be settled with two signatures.

She is much better

The point I'm trying to make is mostly about alimony. Child support is another matter which obviously should exists, even without marriage.
the point I'm trying to make is that we live in the world where marriage is still a thing. A big thing.I don't know a lot about inheritance but if the other person doesn't inherent the money and the wealth to you, or any other person, well - that's either on him or you. It doesn't matter. What matters is the "obligation" which is retarded. If you want somebody to inherit something, DO IT. Discuss this with your partner, with your family. Act like normal people. Why do you need marriage for that? You shouldn't marry just because of inheritance, that's retarded
Read other posts, woman having no power in marriage is not a good thing.
Again, you act like people not married are literal monsters from another planet. It's a dumb logic.
Read my posts, but I don't think you'll understand though
Again, I'm so tired to say "Again" but you say something that makes marriage pointless and disgusting. "Because of jobs". Well, that's just sad. There are plenty of jobs that died out because of the passage of time. Nobody really cares about them and it should be the same for marriage.

Marriage is optional now, no one forces you to be or not to be married unless your partner is ok with it.
What to discuss here?

>le gay fag OP "disenchanted" by marriage

Yah no

it's only there to benefit women, which is why marriage is dying.

I promised to marry a bitch from high school. Knocked her up at the age of 20 while she was still in college and immediately left. I would have been screwed if I had gone through with it but am really glad that I didn't. There's no way in hell a NEET like me could take care of a kid. fuck that shit. Gotta stay /comfy/ and browse memes all day desu famm

I never said it wasn't a sad thing. I'm just telling you the facts.

It mattered more when there was a social stigma against being a single mother, fucking out of wedlock and getting divorced.

I'm getting triggered by this retard saying "dumb logic" over and over. Is your vocabulary really this small?

Joint accumulation of wealth, raising children, and trust.

A society that is divided, and where there is no trust. is easily controllable by the government and elites.

Marriage used to be useful back in the good old days. Kept the bitches in check.

In a post-feminist society there is no longer any reason for it's existence tbqh

6d meming in Technicolor

>What to discuss here?
read my other posts, there are common-law marriage laws (it differs from country to country, but the fact there are laws like that it's disgusting), society itself thinks people who are not married are disgusting (Sup Forums included). Yes you can in many places not to marry and be a good couple, but it's far from ideal
Can't be disappointment for something I was never excited
the problem though it's not dying. I mean, a lot of people are not marrying but that just because they completely said no to any long-term relationship, which is by no means bad but it's just completely unrelated to the matter.
Okay then.
Read other posts, shaming women was not "okay". Same with shaming men. Sorry if that makes you mad.
It's not small, but you guys repeat the same arguments over and over. I'm tired. Read my posts. Like now. I think I'm just gonna stop replying to people who are repeating the same thing over and over.

Shaming people is perfectly valid.

>its an institution for masochists.

>posting models and club girls

nigger stop, you are part of the problem

falling for the graphcc meme

THEY ARE FUCKING ACTORS

MODELS

THEY

ARE

FAKE

THEY DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU BUT IT BRAINWASHES YOUNG STUPID MALES

THEY ARE A SPOOK ,

PROPAGANDA DAMMIT

DONT USE THEM TO BACK UP YOUR SHITTY ASS ARGUMENT

I only post them because I made the same thread the other day with stock image with no replies

You do what you have to do.
I agree, but it's not always just for masochists.
no.