Gucci shut down my gaming websites not once but twice

I'm sure you all know the fashion company "GUCCI". A few months ago I received a cease and desist letter from them demanding that I close down my donation site which was under the name www.guccidonations.xyz. On this site I had PointShop points (which was in-game points users could donate for) and in-game donator ranks which gave commands in-game as well as a tag. They claimed I was infringing their copyright as well as selling "counterfeit products". I am truly confused how I am in any way selling anything related to GUCCI. GUCCI is a fashion company. They stated that I could cause confusion. Once again a few weeks ago I receive yet another cease and desist letter demanding that I hand over the domain www.guccisgaming.com which at the time was my network domain name. I named my network this because my name in everything I use is GucciCarry. They once again stated that I could cause confusion. I had 7 days to hand over the domain to them each email I received. On my website, my forums, and my donation site you could clearly see that it was all related to gaming and I wasn't trying to sell "counterfeit products" in any way or form. I'm not telling you guys to not buy from them or start a riot against them but this is one of the silliest things I've ever dealt with.

youtube.com/watch?v=NJQlJR38TMo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i9kJJ9yhXNc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have two choices:
1. stop using Gucci
2. get a lawyer

Don't want a lawyer and I won't use it as a domain anymore obviously but just wanted to share how bullshit it is.

Nobody is that stupid.

I'm sure you all know the car company "VOLVO". A few months ago I received a cease and desist letter from them demanding that I close down my donation site which was under the name www.volvodonations.xyz. On this site I had PointShop points (which was in-game points users could donate for) and in-game donator ranks which gave commands in-game as well as a tag. They claimed I was infringing their copyright as well as selling "counterfeit products". I am truly confused how I am in any way selling anything related to VOLVO. VOLVO is a fashion company. They stated that I could cause confusion. Once again a few weeks ago I receive yet another cease and desist letter demanding that I hand over the domain www.volvosgaming.com which at the time was my network domain name. I named my network this because my name in everything I use is VolvoCarry. They once again stated that I could cause confusion. I had 7 days to hand over the domain to them each email I received. On my website, my forums, and my donation site you could clearly see that it was all related to gaming and I wasn't trying to sell "counterfeit products" in any way or form. I'm not telling you guys to not buy from them or start a riot against them but this is one of the silliest things I've ever dealt with.

>car company "VOLVO"
>VOLVO is a fashion company

0/10, apply yourself.

10/10 autism congratulations you are honorary finngolian

Sell it to them
Use
sedo DOT com

You don't need to hand it over to them for free.

Kek

Why not tell them to go fuck themselves?

tbqh that is a trademarked name and you almost certainly chose it because of that brand to use as your internet handle, like making money under the handle prada and wondering why anyone would care

Ignore them as long as you are not selling an clothing articles

>use trademarked name for gayming site
>shocked when the trademark owner takes action

Get the fuck out

kill yourself

Just ignore them. Its likely not even real Gucci representation. Just someone teying to scam you out of a domain and fines.

ur a faggot Ricky.

What about gucci mane laflare? How does he get away with it

youtu.be/i9kJJ9yhXNc

You guys tell me to ignore but it's actually a real law firm from them. I read up on it.. which is why it's fucked.

1. stop making money from it
2. get gucci to buy it from you

They wanted it transferred to them with no charge.

>which is why it's fucked.

I know, its so horrible Gucci is protecting their trademark from a sperg who doesn't understand how trademarks work.

I'm sure you all know the arms and aerospace manufacturer "BAE Systems". A few months ago I received a cease and desist letter from them demanding that I close down my donation site which was under the name www.britishaerospacedonationsincorporated.xyz. On this site I had PointShop points (which was in-game points users could donate for) and in-game donator ranks which gave commands in-game as well as a tag. They claimed I was infringing their copyright as well as selling "counterfeit products". I am truly confused how I am in any way selling anything related to BAE. BAE is an aerospace and defence sector company. They stated that I could cause confusion. Once again a few weeks ago I receive yet another cease and desist letter demanding that I hand over the domain www.britishaerospacedonationsincorporated.com which at the time was my network domain name. I named my network this because my name in everything I use is BAESystemsBarry. They once again stated that I could cause confusion. I had 7 days to hand over the domain to them each email I received. On my website, my forums, and my donation site you could clearly see that it was all related to gaming and I wasn't trying to sell "counterfeit products" in any way or form. I'm not telling you guys to not lobby your governments to buy from them or start an international boycott and court hearing against them but this is one of the silliest things I've ever dealt with.

not politics

Jews.

He should be happy they haven't taken his GucciCarry.

You should have read into fair use and copyright law before you got stoned and made a commercial domain.

Still don't understand how Gucci Mane is not getting fucked over for this. He probably got some kinda deal with them or some shit eh?

probably cause he's a legend and you're a no name autist

I'm sure you all know the freight transportation company "UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD". A few months ago I received a cease and desist letter from them demanding that I close down my donation site which was under the name www.unionpacificrailroaddonations.xyz. On this site I had PointShop points (which was in-game points users could donate for) and in-game donator ranks which gave commands in-game as well as a tag. They claimed I was infringing their copyright as well as selling "counterfeit products". I am truly confused how I am in any way selling anything related to UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD. UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD is a railroad. They stated that I could cause confusion. Once again a few weeks ago I receive yet another cease and desist letter demanding that I hand over the domain www.unionpacificrailroadsgamin.com which at the time was my network domain name. I named my network this because my name in everything I use is UnionPacificRailroadCarry. They once again stated that I could cause confusion. I had 7 days to hand over the domain to them each email I received. On my website, my forums, and my donation site you could clearly see that it was all related to gaming and I wasn't trying to sell "counterfeit products" in any way or form. I'm not telling you guys to not ship industrial freight or stir up workers to strike, but this is one of the silliest things I've ever dealt with.