Is there a single video game more redpilled than MGS 2?

Is there a single video game more redpilled than MGS 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TGtdNmtfKXk
youtube.com/watch?v=C8kZ3HfeqtA
youtube.com/watch?v=pp5xGLj1RME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

papers please

no, even Pynchon recognizes Kojima as god.

It's amazing how everyone shit on the ending when it came out, said it was non-sensical drivel. Said Raiden was gay and stupid. Said there was not enough gameplay.

MGS2 was so ahead of its time it took people 10 years to realize the red pills Kojima was dropping.

In what way?

>Is there a single video game more redpilled than MGS 2?
I don't either. If you don't like video games, why did you want to discuss them?

both kojima and pynchon share alot in terms of theme. distrust of government and the technocratic elite. the conditioning of human beings by other human beings. doesnt get much more redpilled than that.

Deus Ex

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>MGS2 was so ahead of its time it took people 10 years to realize the red pills Kojima was dropping.

It's actually not though. When MGS2 was in development, japan was going through what we're experiencing now. That everyone has their own internet echo chamber and we become so divided on issues it's like reality itself is subjective. It was a mainstream topic that had a lot of public awareness in japan.

Of course no one understood what MGS2 was talking about in the states until normies started getting on the internet through social media. And unfortunately, unlike japan, it looks like most people aren't aware they are being conformed or even radicalized in their echo chambers.

Look at the pic
Game came out in June 2000
That's over a year earlier than 9/11

I don't understand. They're trying to control context? In what way and how does that apply to the real world?

Sven was just quoting deus ex numbnuts.

The most quotable game in history mind you.

>we do not wish to control content instead create context

Can someone explain this line.

Narrative, thought process, disinfo, but in such a way its the real "truth" seen by people. Easy way to understand is, Snake and Otacon were doing real humanitarian work stopping Metal Gears at the start of 2. Yet were labeled by all media as terrorists, and that essentially destroying metal gears was terrible.

also the games LEGIT theme, as stated by Kojima, is MEME.

MGS games are GENE(1) MEME(2) SCENE(3) SENSE(4) RACE(5)

Maybe

Anyone who willingly reads pynchon should kill themselves

Media narratives.

Like how the MSM were calling Trump litreally hitler

Pynchon is referencing Kojima -- which is relevant to the time setting of BE.

In no way is that to be inferred as him thinking of Kojima as a "god".

Ill try and explain it better than my last post Anyways, the point is to control narrative, but on such a scale its not just memetics(the games theme is legit MEME stated by Kojima) but in actual, real events.

The big shell was entirely a facade, it was something WAY more than a false flag or psyop, it was entirely created for the sole purpose to create a context, some idiots think the Big Shell is all VR, but that was only the Tanker as Snake(as hinted by the 2 differing opening codecs for Raiden, depending if you did the tanker or not beforehand as Snake)

Anyways, From start to finish the Big Shell was a means of creating a major context in secret all done by the patriots, EVERYONE INVOLVED, EVERY SINGLE PERSON, was being controlled without them knowing, EXCEPT Snake(Hence always hearing in Codecs from the Colonel that "Snake was never factored into the Simulation") Snake was the outlier.

But everyone else was planned, as were all actions,

Even Solidus, the guy going after the Patriots who thought he had a 1 up was completely controlled, even not knowing what the S3 plan was.(He thought it was the Solid Snake Simulation, to create the perfect soldier)

Where as S3 really was, Selection for Societal Sanity. A means to control the full Truth of what the world was, its entire context, whats right, whats wrong, what real life EVENTS happen, what doesnt, complete and total control.

Even fucking Ocelot, the most sneaky spy of all, couldnt fool the Patriots without pretending for nearly 2 decades straight of being a split personality, something that was a total facade to fool the patriots(MGS4 is about this, wont get into it) he essentially "bugged" the system in simple terms(Patriots are full on AI at MGS2 point)

underrated comment.

9/10 user

How is bloodborne redpilled?

Oh yeah, anyone here interested in MGS2, or why its so good.

THIS, fucking THIS was also in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=TGtdNmtfKXk

Remind you of anything?

Kojima is a genius.

So red. So based. Can't wake up.

Because you have to be a moron to care about dark souls clones anymore

>fake news

To be fair, Twin Towers were targeted prior to 9/11

Out of all the MGS games I never fully understood 2's ending, the plot just seemed like a shitty action movie with terrible twists "You were actually Raiden all along!" "Everything was actually a simulation of MGS1 and you didn't know!" "here's a wall of text of some 2deep4u message about war and being ourselves 10/10 masterpiece"

Honestly, I didn't get the point of it, yet Sup Forums in particular jerks off over MGS2 so hard everytime

Kotor 2

>be Jedi
>Jedi are blind fools
>fall to the dark side
>the sith are arrogant and hedonistic retards
>only wanted a padawan who would think for themselves

how can you fucking not get the ending after the posts and the fucking final codec?

It was a straight up post-modern masterpiece, and one of the few games that truly IS(or was) Post-Modern. It got a lot of things right, and used the perfect medium for it.

Spot on

ill think on it

damn I was considering reading him but now that you've said that I'm not so sure [serious]

youtube.com/watch?v=C8kZ3HfeqtA

All the shock games are pretty redpilled

Dumbest thing ever is have non-white immigration to your All-White utopia.

>how can you fucking not get the ending after the posts and the fucking final codec?

he is mexican intellectual

>Dark Souls
>first in series

kys noob

Including System Shock and System Shock 2?

There are a lot of more red pilled Japanese games than just MGS.

wolfenstein 3d

Yeah they really dropped the ball on that one

I can't think of any redpilled elements off the top of my head, but they're good games

was there any "pill" in the system shock 2? I recall that it was just "solving the mystery" without any deeper philosophical thoughts.

Not him but nah, not really, both of those, and BS1 are some of my all time favorites and played them a bunch.

BS1 is redpilled, Infinite is too an extent but had SO much cut content, its biggest redpilling the whole Vox vs Comstock story, which once again, was horribly cut, as was most of the game(went from a big open ended FPS, to more of a good Arena shooter more or less)

SS1 and SS2 at most go into corporation corruption and transhumanism.

If anything, The Many of SS2 are the only "redpilled" thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=pp5xGLj1RME

They were to be used as cheap/slave labor, thats why, sadly the game had major cutbacks and that aspect was cut as well, we only see it for a few seconds during an airship ride over the prisons, and a FEW encounters and a couple of audio tapes. It was supposed to be a bigger forefront.

The game wasnt afraid of it either, so it wasnt the devs being scared, a lot of racist stuff did make it in, but just not fully realized if that makes sense.

No.

Half Life
Red Alert
The 20 year old Star Trek game.

>The 20 year old Star Trek game.
?

BI had so much potential

I thought the themes were "gene, meme, scene, sense, peace, revenge and race".

>nah
oh you

they are, forgot the revenge part and left out PW.

It did, it needed like 2 more years sadly of dev time and like $5 million more.

yes, after all these years we were right MGS2 is a masterpiece and Kojima's greatest achivement

What did he mean by this?

Dead Rising

How is MGS2 redpilled in any way?

How? Bioshock Infinite was all about the idea that nationalism is evil and leads to societal breakdown.

This.

Also, entire Deus Ex series. The radio guy in MD is just like Alex Jones

Have you read any of the thread?

You also have to acknowledge that the player himself was involved.

When the game was announced, everyone wanted a copy. People watched trailers and bought Zone of the Enders just to get a demo that only represented the first 30 minutes of the game. The advertisement of this game was an extended metaphor for the game's themes.

The moment Raiden showed up, no one knew what was going to happen. So, they followed the Colonel's directions.

At the end of the game, you realize that you were helping the enemy (or one of them) the whole time, and by then you were forced to finish the AI's directions.

In 1991, Henry Kissinger said that:

"The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."

That's essentially what's happening when it comes to the relationship between the player (Snake/Raiden) and the Patriots. Only that their "well-being" isn't guaranteed.

any metal gear books i can read? The story seams cool but i dont play videogames.

Watch a playthrough of it on YouTube. Just make sure the video isn't being narrated by some autist.

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary.

Yes, but I'm not seeing a case here. Themes regarding propaganda, ideology are not limited to the left or the right, or to conspiracyfriends. They're pretty universal and show up again and again across different culture movements. Online polarization and over-information/mass disinformation are pretty universal too.

Bioshock is about why objectivism is dumb and destructive. How is that redpilled?

>literally Wiccan theology the game
>Redpilled

Sure

Ultima Online was hands down the most redpilled game because it was the first MMO, was glitchy, you could imposter as a GM, and you could acquire property by theft violence or virtuous trade

Shinra was the main antagonist, not Jenova. Shinra wasn't defeated.

>MGS2 was so ahead of its time it took people 10 years to realize the red pills Kojima was dropping.
it does not change the fact that Raiden was (and is still) gay and stupid. Kojima admitted that Raiden was designed so that he pleases gurlgamers.

fpbp