Should adultery be illegal? Marriage has to be honored and recognized by the state...

Should adultery be illegal? Marriage has to be honored and recognized by the state, so it's not like the government isn't involved in marriage.

Impossible to enforce without infringing upon constitutional rights.

its not illegal, but its a breach of contract.

No, but no-fault divorces should be.

Adultery should be legal primarily because it is in God's word in Leviticus which sets the rules for how a righteous government should act.

From a bluepilled secular perspective it should be illegal just because of the degeneracy it causes in society. Women being in the workplace is the biggest cause of the adulterous generation we live in. Adultery breaks down society and places unneeded stress on both partners. Adultery being illegal with severe consequences is a rule God gave us and is a key to a happy society.

No, but the marriage, which is a contract, should be considered void.

I meant to say illegal at the start of my previous post.

way to reduce the willingness to ever marry.

god isnt real.. so there's that

Not gonna argue with this.

Government is supposed to enforce contracts though.

Marriage is a cultural and religious practice and shouldn't be regulated by the government

It use to be illegal now it's not. Good luck going back on that. Traditionally making something illegal again never works. doesn't happen

You are on the wrong board bud, go back to the donald or r9k wherever bluepilled circus you come from.

nah i belong here leafy. now fuck up and bow to ur invisible man in the sky like the sheep you are

retarded larping like this is the cancer that did Sup Forums in.

>believes in 2000yo jewish fairy tales
>calls others blue-pilled
top kek, the irony is too precious for you retarded christfags to understand

Edgy.

prove him wrong

You mean how they enforce lifetime alimony, or CS for a child that is not yours?

>Marriage has to be honored and recognized by the state
No it fucking doesn't.

This

The government should have no involvement in marriage. Separation of church and state. People want to get married, that is between them and God. They want divorced, go talk to the priest and see if you can reconcile.

Two atheists want to live together forever and put on matching rings? Go ahead.

Most people here are degenerate socially retarded autists, there's no point in trying to make them Christian.

Then the state shouldn't force it on people.

I don't think states should force anything on anyone, but... I can't think of a state that literally forces people to get married senpai.

I think the social penalty for adultery should be higher. When you get married you literally take an oath to be faithful and forsake others. That vow is the only thing separating marriage from just being boyfriend/girlfriend.

If you don't bother to keep the oath, why did you even get married in the first place?

This.

>I can't think of a state that literally forces people to get married senpai.
In most places if you live together for long enough the state treats you as if you're married.

>CS for a child that is not yours?

Bullshit

Why exactly does society need marriage?

They don't treat you as if you were married. They actually just decide they're going to treat you differently - it has nothing to do with marriage, since marriage only has to do with the state of two humans in regard to one another and doesn't impinge on anyone else's inputs or opinions.

But yeah - I think "common law marriages" are absolutely absurd.

>Should adultery be illegal?

no, but alimony and child support should be

>But yeah - I think "common law marriages" are absolutely absurd.
So you agree with me but you're just an autistic faggot so you try to argue semantics.
Got it.

Yep

It's not
If you sign the birth certificate, you pay child support. Doesn't matter if the kid is yours or not

This

Should be legal to kill your wife if you can prove she cheated on you

>if you dont believe in my made up story that has no evidence to back it up, youre autistic
christfags are literally this retarded

>Marriage has to be honored and recognized by the state
No it doesnt

yes

Also: If you have to make adultery illegal, your society has shit-tier morals.