Daily reminder that if you are not allowed to wear weapons you must turn your body into one

Daily reminder that if you are not allowed to wear weapons you must turn your body into one

Is France as bad as Australia with regard to gun control? We can own semi-automatic handguns and rifles in .22 caliber. But we can only use them for marksmanship competitions and have to comply with many regulations. We can only have knives on our person or in our vehicle if we can prove we are using them for peaceful purposes, i.e. fishing, cooking, opening boxes, etc.

Almost, yes

What if I turn it into munition?

A modern bow and arrow is just as lethal and much more available. It's not the best solution but it's a nice thing to have as well as a trained body.

I can walk into a store in my state and buy a compound bow and hunting arrows, no questions asked.

I think it's always important to be trained in at least one melee discipline, doesn't matter which one or how effective it is, chose the one you like the most that will create in you a mindset that makes you understand what happens in close combat and prepares you for it in the case you must defend yourself at all costs (keep in mind that running is always the best option IF possible.)

Or I could get a gun and save myself thousands of hours of pointless training and excessive exercise

Guns can always be taken from you depending of who is in charge. Meanwhile, I don't see bodybuilding permits becoming a thing before at least three centuries.

NBK here. Lazy as fuck though. After work i eat drink sleep and the occasional in and out. No matter how badass you think you are, there is always someone that can wipe you out.

Bodybuilding has absolutely no value in self-defence or combat profficiency. Unless Surrenderland thugs are unreasonably scared of getting bench pressed to death, that is.

Ignore this frog.
French can't own handguns of any sort, and their knife regulation are he strictest in Western Europe. If you get caught carrying a kitchen knife enjoy your time being fucked in la prison.

I take American laws for granted. I can literally carry a fucking sword across my back with an assault rifle in my hands legally.

Lifting will increase your striking power.

Did sparring with bodybuilders a few times. They are slow as hell and out of breath in no time. Bodybuilding is hilarious - people who put on muscle to the extend that it is bad for the heart and need insane amount of proteins which are bad for your kidneys.

Be lean, fast, agile with stamina and energy.

E = m x v2

To get to that level though you need to be doing steroids.

Bodybuilding is different from lifting weights to get stronger.

Where do I start?
I want to be able to fight for the upcoming civil war.

In an a fight between two untrained opponents, mass and ability to exert force are not important?

Even as someone who trains in martial arts, you aren't even close to being correct.

Adding skill and technique to the mix of course alters the odds hugely, however it's foolish to ignore potential threats.

It's even more foolish to do it prior to or during a fight. There is a reason boxing has different Weight classes, because along with technique, it makes a difference.

Of course I wouldn't expect this comment from anyone else other than a burger.

No, it won't.

Try reading on it, google's there for you so maybe next time you won't sound like a fucking imbecile when entering a discussion about combat sports. Curious fact: lifting done the way bodybuilder fags do it not only will not increase striking power, it will effectively decrease it.

Most "bodybuilders" are amateurs who do nothing but curls and take oral steroids, ofc they get beat up.

Someone who's athletic and muscular will beat the shit out of you if no sports rules are in place.

156PSI punch reporting in. Could be better if I trained.

All the MMA in the world is going to lose to a sharp knife on the end of a stick.

Sorry, buddy.

Lmao get a load of this cuck

You forgot the best part: When you get a black or red belt at martial arts you must register yourself at police commissariate as a "white weapon".
Which means that if you get caught in a fight your charge by justice will be as high as if you were holding a knife.

ouch almost cut myself on the edge OP

HAHAHAHA jesus christ

It ONLY makes a difference when technique is involved, i.e. a heavier guy with the same level of martial training as a lighter one would have the upper hand.

Taking up bodybuilding in order to learn how to defend yourself is like taking cooking lessons to learn how to snowboard.

I've sparred many times with boybuilders who think they can box just because they're huge and have good lifts. Their punches are actually way weaker than those of trained guys half their weight.

Limited weight training combined with intensive calithenics are the best way to supplement combat sport practice. But bodybuilding for mass, which is practiced by 99% of Rich Piana wannabees, is pretty dumb and seriously detrimental to martial prowess.

He is right though, if we assume the body builder physic. Striking power comes from the shoulder, travels through the elbow and into the knuckles. Can't stretch that arm out with speed if it is bound down by too much muscle.

Boxers are lean. Climbers are lean. Extreme lifters are lean. Sports starts are lean. Life is about balance, too much of anything becomes an excess.

HAHA C'est n'importe quoi je n'ai jamais entendu parler de ça

I know i was just shitposting. But i still think a decent powerlifter (not a bodybuilder )could rip any martial artist's arms off and beat him with those

>Be legally classified as a weapon.

That's preety badass though.
Do you got any links to an article about that though?

user is right. Your values are worthless if you cannot protect them. A man who cannot protect his family is no man at all.

Krav Maga is pretty good apart from being Jewish.

it might not increase your striking power, but if you're facing an opponent who is equally skilled in the same martial art you're learning, your physical strength from strength training is a big advantage

sure, lifting most likely won't make your striking power greater directly (but that's questionable, because your body mass affects how hard you can hit, ie. a 60kg fighter vs 100kg fighter), but having an advantage in raw physical strength, in a fight between 2 equally skilled fighters, can determine a victory or a loss

>He is right though
he is not.
>Striking power comes from the shoulder, travels through the elbow and into the knuckles.
striking power, ideally comes from the hip and legs, is amplified by the twisting of the torso, and the shoulder and elbow come in to maximise the speed of your fist. If you swing from the shoulder, you will swing weakly, and slow.
>Can't stretch that arm out with speed if it is bound down by too much muscle.
You'd be surprised to find out that stronger, bigger muscles almost always contract faster. The myth of muscle-bound bodybuilders is exactly that, a myth. Most body-builders, even ronnie coleman are actually surprisingly fast and agile. Most gym-rats ignore stretching and extending their limbs to lockout, and that is the reason they are not as agile as most martial artists. An olympic lifter, even in the highest weight class, will jump higher, faster and harder than you training tae-kwon-do or some other shit you think makes you "more faster". Sprinters are ripped as fuck for a reason as well, it makes them explosive and faster. Carrying the weight over long distances is innefficient, ergo more endurance-focused sports (even boxing) usually do not shape a very explosive physique.
>Boxers are lean. Climbers are lean. Extreme lifters are lean. Sports starts are lean. Life is about balance, too much of anything becomes an excess.
Especially when you have a weight class to fit into and you have to squeeze in as much lean mass as possible. Even then, there are great fat boxers. You are looking to confirm your presumption.

10 kg in lean body mass usually outweigh several years of experience with just a few days to teach them punches, breh. You need to seriously outclass a larger opponent to make up the difference. I know you can own some dumb gym rat who can't put 2 and 2 together or his mass into a swing or grapple, but even a small amount of training and your theory falls apart.

Let me start off by saying this

For example, Weights require your muscle to contract for 500ms, a snapped punch is like a 200ms contraction

Lifting weights does not directly make you hit harder because it is a different kind of contraction (although it will benefit in something like wrestling because the torque put into the movements is still a slow contraction compared to a snapping punch).

Now if you have added mass from the weightlifting and know how to put your weight, momentum (from either moving forward or bouncing back from slipping/bobbing) THEN the weights become useful

Now since force = mass x acceleration , gaining mass / the added muscle tension may slow you down and cause a decrease in power or cause you to remain the same

Size isn't a factor in fighting. Training is. I've seen guys that are 150lbs stand with 250lb heavyweights by using more movement.

GGG can hit as hard as a heavyweight, not because he's fast or big, but PERFECTLY transfers his weight into his punches.

It all depends.