In short, do you consider United States presidential election system fair?

in short, do you consider United States presidential election system fair?

Not really when an estimated 3 million illegals can vote.

Yes, but it's too democratic for my taste. Would much prefer a corporate monarchy.

its fucking retarded. Everyone should voice their opinion, It must be against the law to not vote. And a requirement to see ID at every voter station.

Forst, burgerne bor innfore en slags ID-kort system.

Ikke alle, Det er problemet.

De har ikke nasjonal ID kort systemet. Noen stater har egne, men ikke alle, og det er ikke krav å ha ID. Så det bor fikses forst. Da kan du kreve ID ved avstemning.

I feel like a lot of the legitimate concerns of Americans shouldn't be ignored. Trump had no legal requirement to release his tax returns, and I get that he was trying to protect his private company, but he could have released a bunch of blacked-out forms just to placate the liberals. Obama could have done the same with his birth certificate. Hillary should have done the same with her list of donors.

I think politicians lack that transparency that we rely on to make an informed decision. The voting process seems legitimate enough to me. Nobody complains about it unless their side loses.

yes, i wish more country's would use it

Yes. I don't trust majoritarian democracy on a State or national level.

It's not perfect but I'm reasonably happy with it.

But there are some electoral reforms I'd like to see. I wish more states would allocate their electoral votes proportionally instead of winner-takes-all, especially big states like CA or TX. NE and ME have the right idea.

I also kinda wish the President were indirectly elected via the state legislatures as was originally the case, since I feel the popular Presidential election distracts from other, more important (and by that I mean more representative) elections such as those for Federal and State legislators. Ultimately, when it comes down to it, the President's job doesn't involve nearly as much policy-making as that of our legislators.

>We should force uninformed retards to vote and throw them in jail if they don't
Yeah, nah.

No. Needs proportional representation from state primaries so that college is not so crazily stacked.

I think the electoral college should vote by county and not by state. There are 3,141 counties and their equivalents in the USA. It would be a bit more work to redo the total amount of votes each county will get, but it's better than 30-40% of California being from the northern Republican-voting, conservative part having their political voice totally silenced by the Mexican horde and liberals to the south. Liberals in big cities of, say the bible belt always get silenced by the people outside the city. Rural conservatives outside of huge cities that control the political atmosphere of the state get silenced by the people in them. It happens everywhere, folks. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

This way everyone would feel like they had a stake in it and would want to participate more in the political process, or at least pay attention more. What do we have to lose with a system like that?

Definitely agree with voter ID laws. Who the fuck refuses to bring ID to vote? It's clearly intended to be a loophole for as-needed voter fraud.

I disagree that voting should be obligatory because honestly 90% of women and around 50% of men are insanely uninformed about what they are voting for and frankly just don't care. If forced to vote, probably 30% of them would vote for whoever had the most interesting name or write-in Harambe.

>illegals vote
>different laws what kind of ID you need iin every state
>Commiefornia
The electoral system is shit like the rest of their political system

Primaries already have a degree of proportional representation. Candidates in both parties often still get delegates for winning 2nd in a given state. What's REALLY needed at the primary level is preferential voting.

yes

>Iowa strong blue
>Michigan strong blue
>Wisconsin strong blue
>Ohio lean blue
>Florida lean blue

please tell me this was 2012 and not this year

We should find out where the googles live and have bonus gibs to keep them there. Then make counties around those places

It's from 2008 - obviously massive blowout for dems

You could do it the way Maine and Nebraska already do it, which is by congressional district. Counties rarely match up well with the number of electors, but the number of electors is ALWAYS the number of districts +2.

We already did that in Georgia. We have like 200 counties. All the weirdly-shaped ones like Fulton are the result of gerrymandering all the black counties apart from white counties.

Yes, until California loses electoral votes it's completely fair.

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

That is a good idea too. I don't know why more states don't vote that way. Like I said, figuring out how many votes each county gets would be a big challenge, but certainly doable. I think everyone on both sides can agree that our current system of voting uniformly by state in all but 2 states is not exactly fair nor capable of accurately reflecting the will of all the citizens of each state

Another idea: What if we did away with state electoral college votes and voted ONLY by congressional district?