South African Education

>South African Education

Pupils who get 20% in maths to be passed

>The Department of Basic Education has instructed public schools to condone all grade 7 to 9 pupils who have obtained 20% in mathematics.

>In a move the SA Democratic Teachers’ Union has described as scandalous, the department told schools to bypass requirements of the national curriculum.

heraldlive.co.za/news/2016/12/07/pupils-get-20-maths-passed/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wonderful

De la rey

De la rey

I feel for you lads, come here I know us Irish people are subhuman but we've a really big saffer expat population

>Why am I not surprised.

Also if you don't take English or Afrikaans as subject you get an automatic percentage boost

kek how can you not take english? unless you being taught under a tree in limpopo

Aikona!

What could go wrong?

Q: What's 2 + 2
A: I don't understand the relevance of that question.

:)

Makes me miss the Apartheid desu.

>south africans will defend this

We'll just put out fires in Canada for a living

Science needs to be decolonised, come on.

Math is just colonial oppression!

It's pretty much the same here as well

>Miss, your son scored 4 out of 20 or worse in all his exams this trimester
>WAAAAAH HE'S A MISUNDERSTOOD GENIUS YOU FUCKING BIGOT AREN'T YOU ASHAMED TO ABLESHAME MY BABY LIKE THAT UAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I'LL TALK ABOUT IT TO THE RECTOR
>Okay fine he gets to move onto the next class

Then Tommy Joe reaches the age of 21 after spending 8 years in high school and then realizes his intellect is terrible and he's better off becoming a baker or a waiter

The taxpayers paid with their money for the 8 years Timmy spent at school failing to understand what a negative number is, while he could have become an honorable craftsman instead, but he HAD TO STAY IN SCHOOL because 98% of parents think that all their children need to go to medicine school or die trying and that any work that is not related to maths or biology is a disgrace

Fucking shitty world we live in, I'm telling you.

wait haha this is insane

I had my sort-of VPN firefox module that allows me to use Pandora and it gave me an american flag

Usually I can't post when I put it on because "Posting from your ISP/IP range/blah blah is forbidden due to abuses"

Look at me, I'm the american now

Pic related?

Why not abolish the education system altogether? What's the point of marking if everyone is passing? You get 20% just for attending, or better just enrolling, right?

This is wrong, thanks to the Common Core teachers can no longer do this as standardized exams are boxed up and sent to a separate location (owned by the exam company) for processing. The same was true for most schools since the NCLB in 2002.

Welcome to the third world, south africa. One more instance of communism tearing down a successful state so that all can be equally miserable. It was a nice run while it lasted.

That's more or less what's happening already because blacks simply burn down government schools and creches when they get pissed off. Not that it accomplishes anything other than making the situation worse.

As SA moves towards a three party system this sort of thing will stop though, because the government will simply not rebuild schools once it happens. People will be left without education and become truly nigger tier, but it won't matter because by that point a coup will have happened and someone like Zacharia Shoke or Ramakala Masondo assume control and simply mow noncompliant persons down.

read below, I'm a frog, my proxy gave me an American flag

Reminder that the Soviet Union supported the retarded communiggers ruining this country. One of the left's biggest fuck-ups.

You say this jokingly but they actually believe this.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14

But everyone has to go to college. There is no value in blue collar work, only white trash thinks so.

College and high paid affirmative action hire or drug pusher, those are respectable options. Just working minimum wage is embarrassing.

Wold that be an improvement you think? I kind of lost interest in SA politics around the time Malema turned on Zuma, so I know nothing about the two you mentioned here.

But there are no more AF/BEE positions to fill, unless de govament borrows money from the Chinese to create more bureaucracy.

From what i hear it's basically so D+ level students in every other discipline don't get completely drummed out for failing math.

Still, the fact that D+ is a pass in the first place shocks me.

Those are the two current SANDF heads. For as much shit that can be thrown at everything in SA SANDF (and it's brother, Armscor) work comparably well as they themselves take advantage of first world standards & practices other African armies don't. Which is why an SA civil war likely wouldn't go well for the rebels unless there are defections.

As it stands, regardless of what happens with Zuma SA is going to become a three-party system of the DA and EFF besides the ANC. The real question is what happens when the ANC looses 51% of the votes, and whether or not they'd actually respect Democracy and enter into a coalition government or just try to govern through plurality. And the question beneath that is whether or not Zuma and his family will ever be booted from the party.

Anything under 50% should be an automatic grounds for having to take the subject again. What's the point of letting anyone pass who objectively does not know half the the stuff they are supposed to?

This is really really hard to watch.

And they're future bureaucrats, at least if they tow the ANC line and don't bite them for not being revolutionary enough.

It's fucking shit what's going down but remember that they get fucked harder than we do. The black communities are already pretty shit due to their own idiocy and as people become stupider and stupider it'll get worse. People there already don't know how to do basic electricity maintence jobs which starts fires. Within a few decades (if not a few years) knowledge of cash machines will fade and people will demand payment in exact change. Then as developed businesses leave the bottom falls out as people are unable to get basic things like stationary and their children stay illiterate. Things will naturally return to a pre-apartheid state and people will simply be very stupid and very simple again.

It's these sorts of places the EFF will find much success in, assuming that SA's democracy is still a thing by that point. And these are also the neighborhoods that will spawn a much more aggressive criminal class which whites in gauteng will come to fear.

Nah, the ANC will incite violence and burn shit and somehow it will be apartheid's fault, that's what they've been always good at. No way they will be willing to wean themselves off, power is too tasty to let go, or even to share.

Shame, there is special place in my heart for SA, I was always hoping it'll somehow buck the trend an not go down the road of all the other sub-Saharan African countries.

It's just like pretty much any Western university these days.

The ANC hasn't intentionally incited violence in at least a decade if not two. This is partially why people go to the EFF who do. The ANC is completely incompetent at everything, that's their biggest weakness by far.

When will they start putting out articles longing for a return to the days of Apartheid? Has it already happened?

What language do black South Africans speak?

> Swahili?
> Zulu?
> Zhora?

Not directly that is. I still remember how they promised to make Wester Cape ungovernable after they had lost the regional government elections the first time back in 2011 or so. There goes this statement in the press and voila - there are people blocking the freeways, burning rubber tires and protesting against "inhumane" toilets in townships. These were all organised by ANC youth.

There's like 11 official languages in SA, and about a 100 local lingos and dialects. Depending on where you are in SA, mostly blacks around the Cape would be Xhosa, around Durban it would be Zulus. There are off course others but these two are the most prominent. Swahili is spoken in Kenya.

>there are people blocking the freeways, burning rubber tires and protesting against "inhumane" toilets in townships. These were all organised by ANC youth.

That shit happens everywhere and it doesn't really matter because not too many people are bothered by it. The trains still run on time and if people hurt themselves that is their fault and their fault alone. And at the end of it the ANC's biggest problem long term is the EFF poaching most of their youth organizers.

Luckily Canada is used to being burned, or that'd have hurt