Should mentally ill people be allowed to purchase guns?

Should mentally ill people be allowed to purchase guns?

Other urls found in this thread:

medicine.news/2016-02-22-according-to-modern-psychiatry-non-conformity-is-now-a-mental-illness.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who is she? She's kinda pretty. And that tummy

No, only mentally stable white people should be able to own guns, and without any restriction.

what is mentally ill? does mild anxiety disorder mean you dont deserve basic human rights?

>she

>she
Bro... Jaw line, shoulders, arms. That's a guy.

Only if they're hot

No, they should be given them for free. Im bored.

at least he has trigger discipline

>She

I've been a firm advocate of background checks and no previous history of mental health issues. But recently I've been leaning more towards just letting anyone buy one if they have the funds/proper license. Honestly at this point it just seems that people find a way to get the weapon no matter what. And if they don't have a gun, they drive their car into people and stab them anyways.

only if they have the illnesses that make you disfuctional at times

It matters what kind of mental illness, but I'd advise against it.

you mean should conservatives be allowed to purchase anything? they need the government to tell them what to do because they are mentally ill.

>>>she

People who have a history of violence or self harm probably shouldn't. So maybe not people who are paranoid schizophrenics but a lot of mental disorders won't make you a killer.

But how the hell do we classify who is dangerous and who isn't? I don't think that an attempted suicide as a teenager or having been on antidepressants once means you should have your rights taken away.

>at this point
It has always been this way. You are just now coming around to reality.

Where are the nudes so I can fap to her tranny cock?

yes

mental illness doesn't exist, can't be defined.

I dunno, the mental health issues thing is a weird one for me.
For instance, technically all veterans come home with some mental problem. They get fucked up horribly out there, but I'd never dream of taking a gun from a Veteran. (yeah, there are some seriously scummy vets who come home from war, but you even try to take their guns... it'll be bad.)
But for others... I mean, I'd prefer Civvies had to do background checks. But even then, a background check won't stop them from getting a gun, they'll just go buy from someone else.

At least if everyone had guns, it'd be a simple open-shut case any time something happens.
I can't entertain the notion of no-gunz in the USA just because if the people don't have guns here it'll get real bad real fast because if the Civvies don't have guns, the criminals will.

You could have just been nice and answered "Natalie Mars".

Excuse me sir, check your privilege, you're triggering my PTSD from being called a man when I'm obviously a transmorphic pan sexual demi-kin dragon lance.

Titties?

>Should mentally ill people be allowed to purchase guns?

Yes.

If the person has the Right to defend himself in Court.
If the person has the right to appeal.
If the person maintains his Rights until denied by proper legal means, and not at the discretion of a faceless bureaucrat clicking a box on a computer.
If each case is heard individually buy a full court, and the person has a right to trial by a Jury of his peers.

Get the fuck out of here underage faggot.

Get that reasonable talk outta here fag

>mentally ill people
Same slippery slope as "terrorists" buying guns.
Who defines "mentally ill?"
We've seen how Left redefines "terror groups" as militia, etc.

O SHID IS DHAT A BENIS? :DDDD

yes
everyone should own a gun

a person can be mentally sick and it can be obvious, you can say they're crazy, so on so forth. it's valid for a person to do.

but the government has no place calling people crazy...

and gun stores won't sell to crazy people anyways.

some liberals might see a guy with a MAGA hat and missing half his teeth, guy might smoke meth, they say he's crazy, he shouldn't have a weapon to fight with. but lots of other people say, he's a good ol boy, likes to party, he'd have your back, he kicked tommies ass but aint gonna murder no one that don't deserve it.

whose right? it's not the governments place to say.

if liberals don't want some people to have guns, they can work towards that by not selling those people guns. they could even open a gunstore and only sell guns to people they think should have guns.

I worked psych field in the military for 5 years. Honestly a lot of those traumatized vets were also just people trying to get out of deployment. But the people that had homicidal ideas weren't just focusing on guns. It was just about harming someone in anyway possible. Hell, a lot of the suicidal people I dealt with wanted to do suicide via ramming their car into someone else. Dividing the gun issue by military service/class could be beneficial because we were all trained in firearms but it also brings in more issues then it solves. I'm along the line that we just do a normal background check and let that be it.

In reality if we're going to talk about mental health, then the US needs to have its entire system reformed. Some states have it where you can put a person that is acting crazy into an inpatient unit and that's a good policy I believe. Even if they aren't mentally ill, at least they were cleared. Either way, good topic to think about.

Who is this semen demon?

So would you guys hit that?

kys yourselves

>Some states have it where you can put a person that is acting crazy into an inpatient unit

And the gun grabbers equate "psychiatric hold" as "a history of mental illness", and would use that as an automatic disqualifier.

Having a bad day, a bad trip, or a bad tequila experience is not a reason to lose a Constitutional Right.

The way it's setup now is right. If you've been found mentally deficient in court then you will not able to buy a gun.

WAIT A MINUTE..... THAT'S A DUDE! WHAT KIND OF WEIRD SHIT ARE YOU PEOPLE INTO?!?!?!

Yes.
It should be encouraged.

transphobia aside when guns were banned in australia the suicide rates didnt go down since if you want to kill yourself you'll make it work

If you're a true supporter of our rights as humans than people of an indifferent sexual identity should have special rights and accommodations to purchase arms for self defensive purposes

>nice
>Sup Forums
hello newfriend. are you visiting from Sup Forums or something?

>The way it's setup now is right. If you've been found mentally deficient in court

By a bureaucrat. Remember, they want to use the "do not fly" list as a "so not buy" one.

A list that once on, is nearly impossible to get off, and finding the reason for inclusion is like hunting unicorns.

>those fucking arms

top kek

Where's the the jumper cables

Leftists already DO, have gun rights.

If you notice with mass shootings at coffee shops, college campuses. Movie theaters etc...the dead are usually leftists too as well as the crazy leftist, mass shooters.

>PSL

natalie is gross but m76 is patrician taste, red dawn furniture is a little pleb though
and yes

Automatically disqualifying someone for a psychiatric hold is wrong I agree. That's why this issue isn't easy to simplify. Sadly a lot of people just look at it from the extreme right or extreme left basis. As it is now in my state, you're allowed to buy a gun and open carry with no question after they do the background check. That seems fine to me as far as things go.

The way it could work, is if someone fails the background check or mental health inspection then they would be able to reapply after 6 months. As most mental health disorders are classified on a 6 month basis of affecting your work, interpersonal and leisure activities. Just kinda brainstorming here.

You're right about the no fly list where you may not know you're on it, or why you're on it, and essentially no way to be removed from it. The difference here is that being adjudicated mentally deficient by a court of law means both sides get to present evidence or refute the others to support there position. It's an appealable decision immediately and can be appealed further down the line if you've corrected the (presumably legitimate) problem.

>Leftists already DO, have gun rights.

Leftists have stronger gun rights than we do.

A leftist can force you not to have a gun at a place of their choosing where carry is permitted simply by putting up a sign.

Meanwhile, we can not allow people to carry a gun in places where carry is not permitted by doing the same.

>she

Define terms.

People who are loopy homicidal maniac should probably nor be allowed a gun.

Arbitrarily labeling people as "mentally ill" should not be a tactic available to leftist governments to deny people their rights.

The devil, as often, is in those details.

See my post here

>psl

seeking or receiving help for a psychiatric crisis shouldn't bar you from exercising basic human rights.

>m76
my bad
all junk though

No I couldn't. I don't like Trannys/Ladyboy/Traps/whatever else they're called. Up until you said this, I didn't know if that man in drag even had a name for himself.
Please, please please please remember something for this board:

Sup Forums is not about Trannys.
Sup Forums is not about sex.
Sup Forums is not about touching yourself when you're alone at night.
Sup Forums is not about which girl is hotter.
Sup Forums is not about how much dick OP sucks on a regular basis.
Sup Forums is not about how much dick you suck on a regular basis.
Sup Forums is not about what term is appropriate for addressing homosexuals, although everyone here finds the term "faggot" to be appropriate and even satisfying.
Sup Forums is not about the attributes of wood grain on a computer against the attributes of plastic.
This is not a board about what eels do when you fuck them
Sup Forums is not about bears fisting. (boxing)
Sup Forums is not about bears fisting. (sexually)
Sup Forums is not about Wrestling.
Sup Forums is not about Pokemon.
Sup Forums is not about that toolbag you met at school and him making fun of you in front of your crush.
Sup Forums is not about the squirrel sitting in your window.

This board is devoted to talking about Sup Forumsitics.
This board is for discussing the pros and cons of any given ideology for why it would and/or would not work.
This board is for looking at other countries and being able to ask them how things got the way they did, not that many countries even educate their people about history and what lead up to any particular decision, anymore.
This board is for laughing hysterically as we prove time and time again that we're all different and that's a good thing.
This board is for learning about politics as well, and sharing different views.
This board is for being as caustic as you want about relationships between cultures.
This board is for free speech.

You can cut loose and have fun here, but you have to know how.

I don't want your fetish folder in my face. It's your fetish. Have some shame. Hide it.

Yeah, why not? lol

>A dude looks better than most of the woman i've fucked.
>He is not even passing.

Sometimes i wish i was as dead as i feel.

How many times??? One time ,two ????

I watched her Twitch channel ans she has the most annoying voice ever

>mental illness doesn't exist,

Available evidence tends to indicate that this is incorrect. There are plenty of people who are crazy as a loon.

>can't be defined.

You are on much firmer ground here -- everyone knows what "crazy as a loon" means, but that is not politically correct, so the undefined term "mentally ill" was coined.

The problem is that their is no SCIENTIFIC definition of mental illness. I think most on Sup Forums would say left-tards are mentally ill and thus not allowed to buy guns.

Once you allow the state to use mental illness as an excuse then EVERYONE can be declared mentally ill, and disarmed. Like the no-fly list. Any president can just put EVERYONE on the no-fly list and then NO ONE could buy a gun.

(Serious) criminality is a much more defined term. If you are so mentally ill that you commit CRIMES (and are CONVICTED of them) then THAT can be used as a reason. Even then it's a "slippery slope" because non-violent mentally ill people might be convicted of non-violent crimes (like homelessness) and then have their rights taken away.

(Also I'm pretty sure there's a 'surprise' under than heart in the picture. :P )

if we give trannies guns, all they will do is shoot themselves or shoot innocent people who "trigger" them

>We've seen how Left redefines "terror groups" as militia, etc.

While redefining actual terrorist attacks as "workplace violence."

Natalie Mars

So very, very much.

Is that an Iraqi Tabuk he's holding?

Yes, psychiatry is not a hard enough science to be able to dictate things like this.

tfw a tranny has bigger biceps than you

Thats a guy

No they should not but its a fact that some mentally ill people already have guns.

Oh you know, just... stuff...

90% of the people on /pol are "mentally ill" as defined by psychiatrists.

medicine.news/2016-02-22-according-to-modern-psychiatry-non-conformity-is-now-a-mental-illness.html

Slippery slope....

Nice dick you have there Bruce, wanna bring it to the cuckshed?

>she

I own 4 rifles, so yes

Now I cant unsee this.

Mentally ill people buying guns is the #1 cause of all school shootings

Only if the person if handed a firearm meets the standard of probable cause to kill or serious injury another.

If they do then they should also be locked up, can't drive, can't own property, can't be left unattended.

Explain columbine then.

He should cut down on arm exercise.

Yes, because humans are known for their affinity for obedience, lol.

Liberals say they're rebelling. Conservatives say they're rebelling.

How do you spin your dick like that? Wouldnt he get a boner from the exhibitionistic satisfaction he gets from this, or is his dick not working from the hormones?

Who defines mentally ill?

This is one of those things that everyone can agree upon until they realize that they have no idea how to agree upon it. Like Common Sense gun control. It sounds good until you start to argue about what is and isn't common sense.

That's very true and it doesn't necessarily do that. That's why there is a court process to determine if you should be prevented from buying guns and not just a nurse saying you scared her.

There really is no basis for excluding mentally ill from owning guns. They are more often the victims not the perpetrators of violence and if you want to go with statistics of likely to use a gun for harm and not defense we should exclude blacks from owning gun. How is excluding one group but not another a right?

It's basically a law based on muh feels and muh children

Liberals should not be allowed to buy guns, so no

Children NOT being armed with assault riffles and being able to SHOOT BACK is the #1 cause of all school shootings.

>Any president can just put EVERYONE on the no-fly list and then NO ONE could buy a gun.

But the financial collapse that follwoed putting everyone on the no fly list might cause Congress to quickly outlaw the list or otherwise correct the situation, just before impeaching the idiot President.

A no fly list could indeed be abused if it were linked to gun rights -- but don't be bat-shit-hyperbolic, it makes you look less sane and reasonable, and makes your argument weaker.

>There really is no basis for excluding mentally ill from owning guns.

I'd bet statistically, more homicides are committed by "sane" people than by those diagnosed "homicidal".

So by the numbers, ONLY the mentally ill should be allowed to purchase firearms.

By creating their own gun free zones is what allows the progressive to be more targeted and victimized. So that's a plus.

And just because certain businesses implement a gun-free zone does not make it criminal or illegal...at most the gun toter would be banned from the property.

I don't care if they own normal guns but they shouldn't an automatic Killer 47 or even worse the salt riffle 15.
they would instantly start a killingspree

>but don't be bat-shit-hyperbolic

Keep in mind, that we've had a President for the last 8 years that believed he could legally order the assassination of any American citizen simply by Executive Order.

Now who could argue with that?

>1 post by this ID
>1 post by this ID
>1 post by this ID
>1 post by this ID
>1 post by this ID

Only white men aged 16 and above are allowed to own guns

A woman may own a small caliber handgun if she has been allowed to own one by
a) her father, or
b) her husband

I would've added c) another legal male guardian, but if the woman doesn't have a father nor a husband she is probably fucked up and has daddy issues so no guns for her

For whites, yes. Except with crime and assault crazy type background. Not having a gun(s) can, will make, you crazy. Range practice and hunting can have positive mental health benefits. Globalists selling guns to blacks, jews, sino-tibetans, skraelings, etc., is actually crazy and wrong. Outside of technological investiture is wrong. Non-Europid out-groups are not ethnically worthy of our technology -- the innovative efflorescences from our race are fundamental and exclusive property. Natural copyright. Niggers with guns, Hajiis with cars, Chinks with Chemistry degrees, Skraelings with snow vehicles indexes fundamental failures of leadership to contain the property bounds of our ethno-national heritage. Claw it all back.