Buddhism

How old were you when you realized that Buddhism was the way to go?

> Relieve yourself of attachment to the self (which is subject to manipulation by anything and (((anyone)))
> Is several thousands years old knowledge
> Promotes traditional values (respect the elders, wiser, family and community)
> Literally teaches you to control your dreams (the ones you have at night) which you can use to overcome fears and challenges.
> Simple techniques (don't believe the mumbo-jumbo, just sit down, close your eye and breathe, ask if you want specific [FREE] guides).
> Teaches you how to breathe (Why is this not taught since kindergarten level of education?)
> Literally teaches me how to be happy and cope with a seemingly shitty situation.

inb4 "it's pacifying you and teaching you to be obedient to the elites".
> A major part of Buddhism is "enlightened action", basically meaning once you've achieved some sense of calm and self-realization, you will enact on the matter which your inner self (not your (((ego))) deems to be the correct way of going about. I.e not sitting in silence when someone spouts garbage about someone being racist, something being 'fake news', but standing up for sincere beneficial values for humanity as a whole.

Other urls found in this thread:

ligmincha.org/index.php/en/
lionsroar.com/
edx.org/course/buddhism-through-its-scriptures-harvardx-hds3221-3x
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-WIqtSteZs
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-DmV4dhek&spfreload=10
goodreads.com/book/show/199519.The_Tibetan_Yogas_Of_Dream_And_Sleep
sacred-texts.com/bud/index.htm
hlzppdf.cineworldyapim.com/the-doctrine-of-awakening-julius-evola-55690565.pdf
glidewing.com/pdf/dreamyoga_ninebreathings.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=UdJ4JjGImVk
web.ics.purdue.edu/~buddhism/docs/Bhante_Walpola_Rahula-What_the_Buddha_Taught.pdf
acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/taote-v3.html
youtu.be/hbVx0_7YmaE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_School
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cozy Wednesday bump

bump

bump because I want to share this with Sup Forums

Some good resources for beginners:

ligmincha.org/index.php/en/
lionsroar.com/
edx.org/course/buddhism-through-its-scriptures-harvardx-hds3221-3x

>How do I meditate?
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-WIqtSteZs

>Thread theme to get in the zone:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-DmV4dhek&spfreload=10

Feel free to ask me any questions. I would very much like to help anyone, regardless of their stance on the matter

Books:

goodreads.com/book/show/199519.The_Tibetan_Yogas_Of_Dream_And_Sleep

sacred-texts.com/bud/index.htm

**Bonus** Julies Evola "The Doctrination of Awakening:

hlzppdf.cineworldyapim.com/the-doctrine-of-awakening-julius-evola-55690565.pdf

bump

I tired becoming a buddhist along with my father back when i was 16, all my piers made fun of me

I never advanced and dropped out but my father continued and is now pretty deep into it, helped him overcome his depression from American consumerist culture

> Teaches you how to breathe

can you teach me this of provide a link

Thank you for contributing.

Was there anything leading up to your father getting very involved? In my experience there is one defining experience which motivates me to keep going.

As for your peers, I can relate with being made fun of. However, the 'next level move' is that a lot of the knowledge within Buddhism teaches you to deal with exactly this kind of feeling (i.e. shame etc).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

With pleasure, friend:

glidewing.com/pdf/dreamyoga_ninebreathings.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=UdJ4JjGImVk

You don't really need a religion to realize jewish materialism / consumerism is complete shit

Though I like Buddhism and think it's largely true. It has more insight to what life as a substance is than western religions , especially cucktholicism

Bump

As a lazy man with no discipline and work ethic, could buddhism help me out with these issues?

I'm thinking about the military because of this but I don't think I'm man enough.

Buddhism is based but many people on Sup Forums get triggered by it because it's not western and because it's associated with liberals in the west and it often prevents quality discussions because people sperg out.

If you want to get back into it or at least develop a good understanding of it I would strongly the book "What the Buddha Taught" by Walpola Rahula. Its a short book that is considered the best intro book to Buddhism in English. There is a free pdf online.

web.ics.purdue.edu/~buddhism/docs/Bhante_Walpola_Rahula-What_the_Buddha_Taught.pdf

Yes, Buddhism's 8-fold path includes right-effort and right-concentration which mean that you are supposed to always be mindful of whether what you are doing is productive and good and not unwholesome or a waste of time. When you study Buddhism closely and read about it and concentrate on following that path it helps a lot.

Also meditation has been shown to enhance concentration and self-control and strengthen the connections of brain areas involved in those things.

Try signing up for a free SN Goenka Vipassana meditation retreat.

Buddhism teaches discipline. Even though you dont have a teacher, it helped me learning discipline towards myself (still working on it.)

I think of military as enforceddisciplanary teaching, just as marijuana is forced introspective teaching. Both are valuable but theres better alternatives

Has some good ideas, but it's nonsense as a religion.

Taoist here.
Why do Buddhists not vacuum corners?

is this a setup for a joke?

Because they have no attachments

Buddhism is a religious ideology for nihilists. Everything doesnt matter, just sit around all day and do nothing.

Sufiism>buddhism

That's interesting about the brain areas. I've noticed my brain has weakened this past year, I assume it's because of not reading/going on pol. I just use to be sharper and could easily think of words on the fly and now I've been starting to depend on thesaurus'.

That's not true. I do a lot everyday. Also voted for Trump and hate leftists.

I REACHED ENLIGHTMENT AND GOT THE TITLE OF BUDDHA

Ask me anything

No you didn't.

Do you understand the difference between individual and group? Your single existence will not change the meaning of buddhism.

BTW, Im a buddha, dont question my authority over you.

Yes, I did! It is really easy, dont know why so many people have a problem with it.

You can't new a buddha and a German at the same time. It's impossible. Also, you're still very wrong about pretty much everything.

I like a good problem.

Buddha is a title, everyone that find enlightment is by definition a buddha or buddisatwa.

I know. But the problem here is that you don't.

go to bed ahmed

As long you try so hard, you will never be a buddha like me.

>go to bed ahmed

You can call me Great Buddha Achmed :^)

Is Buddhism a religion with gods and shit...? Serious question here

Why would I want to? I'm an American who can buy a gun at my grocery store. Becoming American is the one true enlightenment.

No.

The only godlike thing is buddah and everyone can become a buddha, getting enlightment and shit.

Yeah, its a religion and a pretty nihilistic one.

you all need to read vasubandhu's 30 verses and the lankavatara sutra. this is the only path to understanding your own consciousness

Haha a German yelling at others about being nihilistic. HAHA HAHA

Or go and take a shower or take a big shit, it has the same effect. You will find yourself in a state of enlightment.

Allright buddhism is fine and all. The problem is when you follow something without questioning it. If you really question everything and think for yourself, you really dont even need buddhism because you are a light to yourself.

Traditional Taoism has a lot to offer as well, watch out for the organized stuff though, taoism is for the self.

You know that social anxiety you feel when you're in group conversations? What if I told you theres a way for you to overcoming that during your sleep time?

Buddhism

>Free yourself from attachment by becoming completely and totally attached to the idea of being free from attachment

B. T. F. O

Depends on the location/denomination.

Mahayana schools and Tibetan offshoots are usually filled with gods and megademons, but they're seen as actors in the dance of Maya (Illusion of existence), and nothing like monotheistic or even polytheistic versions of "gods"

Except among poor lay communities, where Buddhism just got overlaid over existing local religions and the gods are still worshiped with Buddhist colorings, similar to Voodoo with Catholicism.

Best way to overcome social anxiety is a fap ban. Stop fapping and you will increase your frustration and start to work more -> meeting people and lower the social anxiety over time.

As a buddha i support fap bans world wide

Yes.

Read this if anyone is interested. Quite insightful and political too..
acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/taote-v3.html

>Poo religion
>redpilled

Let me guess, you also think Sikhs are "bro-tier."

Which branch are you from? Theravada or Mahayana?

8 or 9, got my first lucky Buddha figure.

Didnt happen for me until 26 though.

Walking meditation. Zen koans.

The bridge flows, the water is motionless. Why?

youtu.be/hbVx0_7YmaE

Cheat.

>leaf

Fuck of shitskin. We are trying to have a conversation. Go back to your raping.

Does a dog piss on Buddha's statue?

How much dick did you have to suck to reach enlightenment?

Interesting view point. And not something undiscussed in the realm of Buddhism. Actually buddhism when considered as an ideology is very introspective in the sense that it is very critical and sceptical towards its own teachings which includes hypocrisies. As a reference pont, check out Lion's Roar and the books of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche who deals with this

Why so mad little grasshopper? I as a buddha will free you from all your anger. I will help you to find enlightment, because im probably the greatest buddha that ever walked this rock the call earth.

>thailand

How are the lady boys?

You've missed the point entirely.

Many think that buddhists are liberal pacifist cucks, but can you call this dude leftist cuck?

Western buddhists are cucks, just like western christians and western pagans.

Religions are not the problem. You are part of the problem. Promoting half-baked buddhism in the west does more bad than good.

Traditionalism is the way to go en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_School

Sure, because the dog found enlightment and became buddha himself. He knows that being buddhe is nothing special and so he piss at him to teach followers of buddhism a lesson.

Because you're a faggot like the op

bump

Buddhism is the ultimate red-pill.

> Teaches you how to breathe (Why is this not taught since kindergarten level of education?)

That's a BIG one. Breath translate to spirit. The control of breath is how we control our existence. We can become literal super humans through breath control. Of mind, and of body.

I dont know, I ate a lot of Sauerkraut and had a big shit. At the moment of emptiness I found myself filled with the universe and found enloightment.

So, suck dicks until you feel full, then barf I guess

It is not about making it a ritual and repeating these teachings of buddha. Forget this cheatsheet, stop trying to be enlightened.

>complains about half-baked
>posts "old = good, new = bad" the philosophy

What I like about Buddhism is it states that you have a choice whether or not to believe in gods. That it's all about escaping patterns. Whether or not those patterns are a cycle of rebirth or suffering in life, or both, is up to you to figure out.

I also like how it says that once you're done finding enlightenment to let go of Buddhism and not become overly attached to it. Maybe show and tell someone else something that you learned from it all.

>In the formless Void.
>A pond with many Lotus.
>Kek hops among them.

Rinzai/Zen is 100% ok with Kek.

I'll let the raping German Muslim answer this one about dogs and piss.

That's not buddhism. Has nothing to do with your silly supernatural powers

>hurr durr people in the west find enlightment
>how they do it?
>they must be promoting a half-baked buddhism.

Nah, the western world is just better than the eastern world, that is why we find enlightment faster.

>Romania

>Mudslime
>son of dogs, grandson of pigs and brother in law with cocks.
> why even live ?

mindful breathing is a part of buddhism

It's just natural. Not super.

So did you steal your Internet connection?

Isnt thailand filled with mudslimes, like 60% of you faggots?

So is mindful fapping.

The White Lama disagrees

The problem is, it has no connection to Europe. I can't associate it with myself.

Breathing is apart of meditation, not the actual principles of Buddhism or the way we control our existence. While meditation is encouraged and a healthy way of examination, it isn't requirement.

Yes it is natural but user the first step is to be aware of your breathing first. Are you always aware of your breathing?
Can you always feel the aware of air passing through your nostrils every time? Try to do that first without disrailing thoughts.

Thank you for your advice, great one.

Buddhism is a stress-relief tactic. Hardly anything that inspires action in life.

(You) know I have to kill you now right?

If you ask actual Asian Buddhists from where the religion was formed they will say yes.

>Breathing
>it isn't requirement.

american education

Not really, bhuddism preaches an ideology of overcoming the self by becoming free of attachment... And yet every bhuddist is totally attached to the fact that they are bhuddist, as evidenced by op in this thread preaching from a place of ego (self validation) rather than simply being.

All I'm saying is that if you were truly bhuddist, and truly free from attachment, you would have no need to identify as bhyddist as you would be free from ego based attachment and defining yourself as anything other than I am.

Thd truly bhudda among you would not seek to influence the other, would focus on living in harmony with the Dao instead of bring like hey guys, come check this shit out, it's awesome! Preaching is purely self interested behavior, the preacher takes on a power / influencer / savior role, the reader take on a victim / needing to be saved role, and the dance that is the drama triangle begins.

Of course I'm doing exactly the same thing, playing antagonist like gurdjeff hitting a pupil with a stick, using their own logic against their ideology so as to say wake up you scrub.

>can't even google
>no wonder a refugee don't have internet before

Reading comprehension
>German Islamic education.

>it isn't requirement.

If it isn't, I contend that it should be. It was only through deep holotropic breathing that I came to know myself. We're bio-electrical beings existing in an electric universe. The breath is the catalyst of life.

Only to outsiders it is nihilism. Once you recognize inevitable suffering, you make peace with it - you experience it and appreciate it. Without suffering, no bliss. Such is life - everything is dualistic. The problem is not appreciating yin and yang.
Poo in the loo Pajeet.
youtu.be/hbVx0_7YmaE

So birds sing and chirp? O no they must be attached to something!

You cant kill me, because in your earlier life you were a pedophile that got raped to death in a russian gulag. While being a pedophile you collected a lot of neg. karma.

You can kill nobody, karma wont allow it until you have paid the cosmic bill.

It's more about true-false/ absolute-relative than old-new. New age religions and new interpretations of the old religions only difuse the orginal meaning. It's the same way with buddhism.

Famous buddhists in the west: Madonna, Mark Zuckerberg, Jennifer Lopez etc. Western buddhism is a "feel-good" religion devoid of any tradition, spiritual practice, or study of scripture.

This is not criticism of the religion, but a warning to all rootless cosmopolitans.

I'm faster than you bitches. Get on my level.

It is. Buddha give people a choice and make us question everything. He said don't believe because other people told you to, Don't believe because your loved ones told you to,Don't believe because your respected ones told you to. Believe when you can see the result of you own deeds.