Canada is going to legalize Marijuana soon. I have never used, total newb. I'm 28. Is it better or worse than alcohol...

Canada is going to legalize Marijuana soon. I have never used, total newb. I'm 28. Is it better or worse than alcohol? If I decide to use, what are some tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

azarius.net/news/306/Carl_Sagans_essay_on_cannabis/
globalnews.ca/news/3070170/legal-pot-could-sell-for-5-a-gram-or-less/
marijuanatravels.com/countries/ecu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

smoke weed err day nigga

The high is better for sure but it sucks to have to smoke it. Try and vape or eat it instead.

It's around the same as alcohol

From gay to ultimate gay. Nice.

>is it better than alcohol?

Yes, but you shouldn't do drugs, because they destroy your brain.

t. drug pro

The first time you try it, your going to be disappointed.

Better for you than alcohol if vaped or cooked and eaten.

Watch some documentaries while high. Learn something while being a high wreck at least.

alcohol does more damage physically, but pot does more damage mentally. if not in permanent damage than in the mindset it creates in you. lazy pothead meme didn't come from nowhere.

Normally I would say weed is the best thing that ever happend to me and that you should atleast try it a few times. But since you are canadian I have to recommend that you kill yourself.

should I use a rope over the ceiling beam, or just a mix a pills?

Depends what you are using it for
Weed will make you more introverted, alcohol more extroverted
going out to the club - have a few beers
staying home to watch movie - smoke a fattie

Like alcohol without the hangover. Everything. I mean everything is more enjoyable high. But you might get a little paranoid. Don't eat it. If u take too much it can get scary. Enjoy.

Weed cures autism if you decide to use to gain something

You mean weedman is actually gonna slow weed???

what do you mean "tips"? you smoke it?

is everybody from Canada here retarded?

i said i don't smoke it and never have. Looking for beginner tips if a choose to get into it

About 30 percent I estimate

>choose to get into it
it`s not a hobby, it`s an enhancer of hobbies

there are no tips. you smoke it. that's it, faggot.

It does absolutely nothing. Get some quality cigars instead and dont be a degenerate.

It is better, but for the experience itself and also on your health. In fact, it's helped me to write a lot of cool ideas down for my music and story ideas. It's a good tool for creativity and relaxation, while also being relatively harmless.

The only bad thing about weed is that it is easy to get addicted. Do not incorporate it into your lifestyle, but only treat it like you would cake - only for certain events. However, if you are very strong willed and are conscious of your habits, you may consider doing it a bit more often.

Having fun is important, but the most important thing is being a good person. If you can do both - then I see no problem with weed.

>legalize Marijuana
>$500 per ounce.

Freedum, Canaduh way.

azarius.net/news/306/Carl_Sagans_essay_on_cannabis/
not all potheads are useless
but sometimes useless people smoke pot

Exactly. Well said.

They're competing with local dealers that sell between $5-10/gram
Check this out fat boy globalnews.ca/news/3070170/legal-pot-could-sell-for-5-a-gram-or-less/

You sound like a libtard i know.
Im a regular consumer and it's fine, but not a life changing experience.

bit rude Tbh.

I recommend doing it in a group of friends, watching a fun movie/documentary, having lots of good food in the kitchen, etc. Do this just once a month or so but not regulary. Then you have the best experience with it.

Once you start to smoke it alone, on a weekly/daily base, it starts to suck.

Meant to (you) this

Maxime Bernier will legalize weed and lower my taxes. Trudeau can fuck right off.

> encourages black market
>not supporting your country financially via taxes for goods/services acquired

Dumb.

Also, stop duty free shopping in my country. Codependency is pathetic.

>being this cucked by your government

lelmaooo

marijuanatravels.com/countries/ecu

It can be quite strange for first time users, I'd recommend starting with a 5g blunt first. It's also highly recommended that you smoke alone on your first time so nobody can ruin your high, and also so you can get to grips with it.

way better than alcohol bro

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I've done every drug under the sun.

Semi regularly use MDMA, Coke and Acid.

I can no longer smoke weed. It makes me anxious and paranoid and fucks with my head far more than most other drugs.

Don't know why.

It wont be legalized here, period.

If it is the Americans are going to have to build a wall on the northern border. Anything we export to them will cost us a hell of a dime because our exports will be full of hidden weed and need to be checked before entering their country.

Just wait till Trump sits down and talk to Trudeau. Weed legalization will not happen her e until the U.S fully legalizes it first.

Stop coming here for cheap shit. Please and thank you. Stand on your own 2 feet for once.

it no where near as toxic as alcohol, and daily use develops a tolerance.

so ignore all the stereotypes. but there are different strains some will make you motivated and creative, and some will give you "couch lock"

I havent smoked since october because of drug test for work, and I dont miss it or drink more or started heroin.

were you with people when you got your first high?

1. Get a vaporizer so it doesnt smell in your apt.
2. Get a Sativa instead of Indica. It is more mellow and laughing versus body stoned

I hadnt smoked since junior high and started a few weeks ago. Best decision ever.

t. former drinker

pros:
no hangover, no puking. doesn't make people violent like alcohol nor will it ruin your liver.
cons:
"dude weed" culture is a cancer (imo), smoking anything is bad for you.
i like smoking pot a lot more than drinking personally but idk if i would want my government involved in growing and selling it. criminals are quite discreet and always trying to make the best shit so you'll buy it. they are very competitive but i feel like if the gov was subsidizing growers then quality could go way down.

>implying I want to get shot
lmaoooooo I haven't been to america since I was 14

yeah, I was just trying to get OP hellfire blazed on his first time for the lulz.

So yeah, I was with some mates

Even leafs are not that stupid

Holy shit this is all bad advice

>you'll get addicted
>it's the best experience of your life
>I use it to write amazing thoughts

When did Sup Forums become inhabited by faggots?

Listen OP, make sure you're someplace comfortable. Any slight uncomfortability will trigger paranoia and possibly lessen the high and make it less fun as you try to sober yourself up. It's true some people don't get high the first time, but make sure our inhale it unlike a cigar where you can just puff it.

If you're into cigarettes, you might like it as a spliff seeing as I know some people are pussies and can't handle straight weed.

Most importantly, bring food and a drink as you'll probably be hungry and thirsty and plan to do something fun and relaxing, like watching a fun movie or listening to music. You'll probably push boundaries later and try crazy shit when getting high, but if you get really baked your first time, you'll be lucky if you can even move.

Weed is different from alcohol as far as feeling goes, but it's definitely safer and makes other things feel better. It's the reason no one other than your grandparents and rednecks drink alcohol casually, whereas most people smoke weed recreationally and to relax.

You're better off not trying it, to be quite honest.

It's an addictive money drain like every other drug.

sounds like you must have had a hell of a time

Except when they lace it and you die you fucking idiot.

>Is it better or worse than x?
What a broken way of thinking

If you haven't smoked weed yet, you're probably not the type who would gain much from it.

In terms of recreation and time needed for you to feel alive again, you generally wont want to kill yourself like you do with a hangover.

I can tell you're the type who is only going to try it once.

Theres a weird threshold with weed when you've smoked it enough times that you're not impressed by the shit it does to your brain in the moments you're on it. It just becomes another state of feeling or mind that you're comfortable with for whatever reason.

You at least will have the Luxury of being able to choose what kind of weed you want and what you want it to do to you in general.

I can't stand smoking sleepy time weed, yet its all I'm likely to ever find since retarded naming conventions isnt really a thing here.

>Canada is going to legalize Marijuana soon

t. 2001

>no hangover
That's not true though. It is possible to get a weed hangover. Most people have to be stoned out of their fucking tree for it to happen though. And, thankfully, it's nowhere near as bad as an alcohol hangover.

yeah man COKE is the real red-pilled drug

no.

your dealer should be someone you know. also if it were laced you should be able to tell if you've had the kush before with friends, and nobody would buy from them anyway because they'd know they sell laced shit.

Holy fuck, boys.

Stop coming here.

Yes.

it's boring and gives you anxiety

just try mdma
only drug worth a shit

Alcohol is like liquid death in comparison to weed

Remember when prohibition was a thing? Weeds harmless in comparison.

They're not going to legalize it.

It turns you into a confused idiot and gradually disassociates you from your own life without you noticing. It's fucking awful stuff. I quit and I still couldn't think clearly for a month.

HPPD

Dont smoke it. You've been warned.

>t. Pot smoker of 5 years

>eh

Winners don't use drugs.

Freedom ain't free. Your government needs to charge you extra for weed so that Ahmed can house his 12 children and 3 14 yr old wives in houses better than yours and so Tyrone can rape your daughter and get her pregnant and leave her.

Only retards concern themselves with laced shit

No one is dumb enough to waste good weed for an extra net 20 bucks at the risk of permanently losing a customer
And no one is Dumb enough to buy from some shit kicking gutter snipe who IS dumb enough to do that

Most people who think they had cut shit were just retarded first timers and talked themselves into having weed PTSD or some dumb bullshit, and no they weren't mental cases or had a history of it.

Weed can ruin lives. It almost ruined mine at one point. Don't do STEM at the same time.

>mfw an amertard thought his opinion mattered near me

Marijuana is much better than alcohol. The high feels better and there's no lingering effects like a hangover.

Anyone who says weed ruined their lives or someone else's life is either trolling or has no sense of willpower. I started smoking back in middle school, and around that time I unlocked my autism and got a 4.0 GPA through high school and college. Graduated in 2015 with chemical engineering degree, currently pursuing PhD.

All you need is a little bit of willpower and intrinsic motivation. Marijuana is just an outlet and an excuse for lazy people, but intelligent and hard working people can casually use it without it destroying their lives.

I also like to use it pseudo-medically for insomnia, so I smoke a little bit before bed to aid with sleep.

Marijuana vs. Alcohol. (A party dosage. Not being fucked on either or)
>Talking to strangers. Socializing in general.
Alcohol > weed

>Sex. Promiscuity.
Weed > Alcohol

> Inability to control emotions. React angry or violently.
Alcohol > Weed

> Overall negative health affects(mild usage)
Alcohol > Weed

>Drive. Thinking. Ambition.
Alcohol > Weed

>Negative impact from taking too much
Alcohol > Weed

>Driving a car drunk or stoned.
Weed > Alcohol

>Bang for buck
Alcohol > Weed

>Disease and pain prevention
Weed > Alcohol

These are based on my opinion. Pretty much everything malevolent and mean I havr ever done was under the influence of too much alcohol. Alcohol is pretty much evil but SO MUCH FUN. How to not do alcohol is hard. Its such a cultural staple to drink. Weed...youre very likeable and it only lasts 2 hours tops. Problem is you get the munchies and you crash pretty hard when the buzz wears off. Weed can also trigger paranoia and dependancy because everything high is funner. Its a very addictive, fun drug. Its hard NOT to abuse pot.

>Canada is going to legalize Marijuana soon.
In like 2 years m8
>I'm 28. Is it better or worse than alcohol?
Thats really a matter of opinion. To me its better in the way that if I smoke too much, I just get hungry and fall asleep sooner, and no hangover in the morning.
>If I decide to use, what are some tips?
Start out with just a couple bowl/joint hits (drags if youre a cigarette smoker), and give it about 5 minutes to kick in. If youre consuming cannabis, you're gonna want to give it closer to 30-45 minutes. Alot of people who dont/havent smoked have a bad time when they do try it because they end up smoking too much. Basically, take your time with it the first few times you do it.
Inhale and hold it in for 2-5 seconds. Its not like a cigarette where you inhale then immediately exhale.
Imbibe in a place where you feel comfortable and safe. In your house or at a friends house is a great place to start.
Make sure you have music.
DO NOT FUCKING DRIVE WHILE YOURE HIGH
Be sure to be well stocked on snacks

NOPE Justin tricked us.
He promised us weed.
But delivered refugees.
HAHA GREAT JOKE JUSTIN!

His prank is going to far.

>Drive. Thinking. Ambition.
>Alcohol > Weed

What is your justification for saying that alcohol is better here? When I drink "a party dosage", I definitely don't have ANY drive, thinking or ambition. Marijuana can at least make me think of interesting theories or topics.

better than alcohol.

Just don't go overboard with it.
like alcohol.

And using at an older age is better so you're good to go. I honestly think 30yr old< shouldn't use it, but you're close enough.

First time smokers. Id do it alone or with a best friend or someone you trust will not fuck with you. Do it when no one will bother you.

Roll a pinner joint (rly small). And take 2 decent hits. Suck for 2 seconds and hokd it in for 2-5 seconds. Dont over do this part like you see stoners and guys in the movies do. Youll cough your lungs out. Your eyes will water and that will cause you toget higher than expected. Wait for 5-7 minutes and it will kick in. Enjoy the buzz for 10 minutes and decide if you should take more. I wouldnt do more than 3 hits your first time.

After getting stoned 2-4 times you can start increasing your dosages. Keep your usage minimal. This means you will require less weed to get a good high. These heavy stoners you see need to smoke tons of pot and do weird shit just to feel an okay buzz. Its cuz they smoke too much. Its the difference between wacking off 3 times a day or doing it for rhe first time. Big difference

It is better than alcohol, if you are a beginner, use in moderation. Buy a vaporizer for ~150 to mitigate damage to your respiratory system btw.

No, they aren't. They are going to decriminalize simple possession, and thats all thats known at this time...

Get your fucking facts straight...

What's the point of this law?

You can already smoke weed with no consequences as long as you're not downtown blazing it in front of the police station.

Who actually gets arrested for possession?

Hahahahaha
Not before USA buddy. Justin can promise you all he wants but he just toes the line and reads his script

if you inject it, it lasts longer

How many CEO'S, Business owners, famous writers, thinkers and others do we know throughout history to be sever alcoholics? Infact the guy I work for is a legit alcoholic. 40 oz. Vodka every day.

The difference is drubkards are 'doers' where as marijuana/weed peoole tend to be more sensitive, lazy and relaxed. On Alcohol you will make direct and quick decisions even if they are stupid decisions. For instance if someone says something you will generally react with anger, a negative comment or violence. Its an example of rigidness and the ability to follow through with something even if it is negative. Tgese are important attributes for business. This is why drinking is widely accepted and ecen practised in the big bosses personal office for instance. What do they do? Pour a glass of liquor. Thats not bull...they actually do tgat shit. Hand shake deals over booze.

Do you see CEO'S passing around doobz? No because theyd staart contemplating life and the best hip hop albums ever

It will demotivate you, that meme is absolutely true, don't get into the habit of smoking daily. Better than drinking I guess, but that's not saying much.

t.colorado

Is Trudea marching in the Weed March?

I see your point, but I would still venture that these people were hindered by alcohol, but they were so exceptional that they became successful anyways. Alcohol is just a much bigger part of our culture and much more prevalent, so that would increase the likelihood of finding successful people who were or are alcoholics.

I'd bet if marijuana were a more embedded part of our culture, you would see a lot more CEOs participate in it recreationally. Hell, a lot of CEOs probably already do, but can't or won't admit it.

It is probably true that if successful people consumed marijuana at the same rate as an alcoholic consuming alcohol, then they would suffer more. And you obviously wouldn't want to make profound business deals while stoned either.

puff puff pass
it's the law

? i drive way better when im stoned than i do when im not stoned

looking forward to this.

I am over 30 so being able to smoke on the weekend without having to deal with scuzzy kid dealers pleases me.

If I ever become world dictator cannabis users are on my immediate execution list so keep that in mind you junkie waste of space.

It is not worse than alcohol. It can cause paranoia for some people. Otherwise quite safe.

well he did also promise the refugees too, though.

Right now I have to go to a nigger to get my marijuana, and his entire house is always filled with cigarette smoke and scummy niggers and spics that look like they would stab me for five dollars. They can't legalize it soon enough.

Driving while high for the first time is a terrible idea no matter how you slice it.

I guess it's a good thing for me you'll never be anything more than a fat loser typing angry bitter comments on Sup Forums and having delusions of grandeur.

If you're a parent and still smoke weed, especially in the same house/area as your kids, just do them a favor; neck yourself.

Same with alcoholics.

Do you live near Toronto or the cities surrounding Toronto? Over the last year a staggering number of dispensaries have popped up where you can waltz in and buy extremely high quality weed with no prescription.

Today I walked into my regular one and picked out two from over 25 different strains, all labeled with their thc content, genetics, and whatnot. The cops were right out front monitoring some road construction not giving a fuck about the steady stream of people going in and out.