The reason 90% of captchas are street signs is because they're using it for data for google's self-driving cars

the reason 90% of captchas are street signs is because they're using it for data for google's self-driving cars

thats true we're teaching the AI together

you're a bit late to the game

The chinks are driving around self-driving teacher cars now with rotating sensors on the roof. It's funny as hell. And chinks can't drive for shit anyway.

That doesn't make any sense.

In order for them to make us click pictures of street signs, they must first know that they are street signs, or else they wouldn't be able to know whether or not we clicked street signs.

>
Then how the fuck do they validate it? They already know what the fucking signs say you idiot

That's easy to do with statistics when you show the same street signs to a large number of people. It's basically the process you would normally use to sort out crowdsourced annotations, e.g. as with Amazon's mechanical turk or any other study where you recruit human subjects.

you fucking retard it's humans sending us pics of street signs so our clicking is like an answer sheet to the ai car. oh wait that makes no sense cuz those faggots could just do it. this thread is stupid.

I have no idea what the fuck you just said

also why would an AI need to see street signs when it has google maps? What are we doing teaching it to drive in 1950's?

. How come we can't put the wrong number in and still get through it then? I've tried it and it doesn't work.

>self sriving cars read road signs instead of uaing satellite directions.

In the same vein, they use the "select storefronts" to better calibrate their mapping accuracy when it comes to various businesses they pass. You might notice that Google is often a couple of hundred yards off with most of their business marker placements. This use of captcha is their method of improving this via algorithms. Pretty interesting desu.

Kek

Because stop signs aren't depicted on google maps?

Now who's the retard?

Basically that it's old hat to collect data from a large number of humans and to correlate it in order to pick out what is most likely to be true in spite of some of them being idiots or even trying give you bad data.

The big difference is that it used to be very expensive to pay people to participate in these studies. With captcha, Google just strongarms the entire internet to participate in their study for free.

I know the guy who invented captcha.

No. No it's not.

What about the other 10%? What's that for?

>the reason 90% of captchas are street signs is because they're using it for data for google's self-driving cars

No shit.

So basically, I can just click any picture to solve the captcha and fuck all their shit up?

They start with a small, hand verified group of images and the algorithm throws in some it THINKS are also in the category and some it knows aren't. If enough people pick the iffy ones, they go into the verified category.
To be allowed to post you must click all of the verified images, the iffy ones are allowed to be selected or not, and the verified not ones can't be selected.
I'm not sure how it works with the "select signs in the scene" ones, but I figure it's similar.

No. You'll be filtered out for lack of agreement with the accumulated data of what the correct answer is.

Remember Operation Renigger? It worked back when they didn't have enough data to know that the unknown word wasn't "nigger." But it didn't take long to disable that.

Fairly strong chance it is. How else is google to calibrate their cars for all various states/countries? When they first came up with captcha they used it to train their text reading software. Given how they've made captcha one of the backbones of the internet it isn't a stretch for them to use it to improve their cars.

But how do you explain it then when I get it wrong? Do they purposely do that occasionally just to perpetuate the illusion that what you click needs to be correct?

>thats true we're teaching the AI together

Well I have some bad news. A lot of you will be going to Nigger St. because it's often quite easy to tell which sign the Captcha does not know.

Is this really news to any of you? Of course captcha is made to help AI figure shit out.

Nevermind, you already explained it. If it disagrees with the majority it becomes incorrect.

This user has it:
Once there is enough captcha use you can reliably obtain a concensus on certain things, and more importantly adjust parameters to catch the purposely false answers.

They have to allow for a certain amount of human error, both because humans make errors or even just have different opinions, and also to let the humans past their toll booth of solving the capcha so that the humans will continue to play their game.

Read this

Probably going to be awful confusing when the cares can't find Fuckgoogle St.

Do you think google collects metadata JUST to calibrate maps and cars? Are you that naive?

protip, moot is a jew and the japanese have been our enemies for the last 70 years. WAKE UP SHEEPLE

I often click one that doesn't fit the pattern just to fuck their shit up
It still verifies

Use duckduckgo.com then.

Confuse the hell out of them.

It isn't that clear cut, but basically ya. Once the data sample is large enough you can use probability to detect anomalies. This doesn't mean all anomalies get discarded, but it allows google to set up a basis to flag wrong answers.

So the plan is to click on any black people in street sign photos. Even if the captcha says were wrong, it records this data. When enough people do it, we can teach the cars to recognize dark people. This is the first step to weaponizing AI cars with our memes.

Or, to rat you out to the NSA. Ever wonder why the search order is the way it is. Technocrats gonna technocrat.

all I've gotten are the word captchas, no picture selection
to this say, I just pick one of the two and type in dicks or nigger

pretty sure i've given google a lot of bad data by now

That sounds absolutely terrifying

There's definitely more to it than that. I imagine some kind of DoD analysis program, or maybe even an AI.

Pizzagate

It's one of those many scales on Smaug's underbelly.

No shit dummy. You're training a neural network. You didn't realise?

You imagine correctly. DoD and a few others (ONI, NSF, NIH feature highly in my field) as well as """private""" funders are all over these kinds of things.

It's much worse than you think. I'm still waiting eagerly for a public datatset to be released that includes Sup Forums posts.

no shit. all captchas are designed to teach the AI something for free

don't you remember when the text captchas first got put in on Sup Forums everyone was typing in 'nigger' for the second word ?

Makes you think. Don't it?

>I'm still waiting eagerly for a public datatset to be released that includes Sup Forums posts.
>nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

lel I sure hope so.

It's hard enough to figure out tweets.

You think the NSA or DoD doesn't see what you post here?

We are LITERALLY in 1984. Are you all simple?

I hope they see everything I post analyze it carefully to be honest.

you think they give a shit what a 500lb fat nerd in his underwear posts on an austrian fingerpainting BBS board?

Not really. I like neural networks and their industrial/commercial/domestic/military applications, in combination with robotics, weapons and automated vehicles.

It's really only the 400lb hackers, anime masturbaters, and pepe frogs they have to worry about.

If you pay attention long enough and experiment you'd be surprised by the misspellings you can get away with
Sometimes I can just glance at the captcha and type what I thought it said and it works most of the time

I hope they know that whatever algorithms they use, people are still unpredictable. Human animal. We still use pilots for a reason.

Yes.

Well I hope you are still gonna buy a filter when 1776 comes. Rofl.

So basically Google wants to know exactly what the captchas say, but they have a decent idea so they'll tell you it's wrong if you don't get it close enough.

It is almost certainly for reading signs.

One word is known, the other is unknown. It only wants the unknown one.

Same with pictures, it knows one or two are store fronts, but wants you to tell it which of the other pictures is too.

After multiple microsoft fuckups they should have learned.

what you didn't use Microsoft Bob?

If I posted an image larger than 1 MB, would you die?

It would be very painful.

Who has been /warned through captcha/ here?
I was just saying something about Jews ironically and love the people. It was just a big misunderstanding.

You're a big 'roo

When they introduce new pictures to the masses, they first must accept all results as true of course, and when they discover that one of the pictures was clicked on 80% of the time or some shit -- they'll confirm that's the right one.

Yeah but google and microsoft are pro-democracy and free trade, totally anti censorship, right? I mean the FBI can't even get into an iPhone rofl.

What did they man by this?

>When they introduce new pictures to the masses, they first must accept all results as true of course
Not at all. They would have a few human verified seed images, the rest would be statistically verified so that trolling produces rare outliers only that are disregarded.

I don't care.

I've had "calle" almost every time for about three months.

Sometimes just calle calle.

I miss three digit ones.

>They would have a few human verified seed images

I know that. Only 2/3 need to be correct, I get that, the 2 being the verified correct ones, the other being the new one being tested.

Yep. But the third one would be tested hundreds of times, so if 5/200 tests are negative, it will just ignore that and say it's positive without the need for human verification. Same reason Sup Forums's idea for saying "nigger" in the text ones will do nothing.

>muh big brother!
It isn't that simple, pleb.

>not using legacy captcha

audibly keked. fuckin newfags

>Still posting on Sup Forums

hownew.ru

I feel bad for the poor fools forced to shift through Sup Forums.

I always answer a few wrong at first, fuck (((google))). We should start a movement doing this.

Been done (nigger captcha) won't work. They would test multiple times per image and your trolling would be disregarded.

We're going to break the system by the sheer amount of combined autism.

>99 out of 100 anons are utter newfags
>they are in here and are bumping this thread

how does it make you feel?

THIS.

dont care.
it became obvious this was becoming reddit colony last year with the 40 maga general threads concurrently.